These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So many bears in EVE - play style labeling

Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#61 - 2013-10-19 11:31:51 UTC
Don'tCareBear. The guy who sends you three different evemails about why the ship of his that you destroyed doesn't matter to him. Because he has so much money he bearly felt the loss, etc, etc.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#62 - 2013-10-19 11:40:06 UTC
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:

Gankbear -It's a player, or an alt, that lives in highsec and does exclusively suicide gankings of targets that can not defend themselves (miners, haulers, mission runners with expensive fits,...)

Haha pure genius! I'm now going to exclusively use this term for highsec gankers. Always thought it was hypocritical of them to have some much hatred towards highsec players, when this is exclusively where they live and exclusively who they prey upon. So Gankbear seems to sum them up perfectly! Cool

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Kaelnor Heidan
Supermassive Singularity
#63 - 2013-10-19 14:44:47 UTC
PolarBear - For those who always get lost in space and time until they reach an highsec island

Oops
Lena Lazair
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#64 - 2013-10-19 17:26:36 UTC
Sipphakta en Gravonere wrote:
Elitebear - likes to think he is some sort of PvP god by announcing "I'm a small gang pvper" via blogs, forum posts or in game chat. When describing other playstyles is often seen using phrases like "risk-averse blobber", "big blue doughnut", "no-skill ganker". His definition of solo includes "Me, my link alt, my falcon alt, my logi alts".

I thought that was a "solo"bear.
Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley
New Eden Tech Support
#65 - 2013-10-22 14:43:47 UTC
[/quote]

your kills got no meaning, nobody cares what you are doing, wherelse i destroy goonswarms empire, their hearts and souls suffer deeply from my kills, more then you could ever imagine

[/quote]

Citation needed
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#66 - 2013-10-22 14:48:00 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Don'tCareBear. The guy who sends you three different evemails about why the ship of his that you destroyed doesn't matter to him. Because he has so much money he bearly felt the loss, etc, etc.

ROFL, nice
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#67 - 2013-10-22 14:54:16 UTC
Rhatar Khurin wrote:
Ghostbear - One of the original twenty Clans founded by Nicholas Kerensky. Just like their totem animal, the ghost bear found on Strana Mechty, members of this Clan are known for their conservative nature and their strong sense of family. Amongst the strongest of the Clans and the most stable, their cautious nature ensures they never rush into a situation unprepared, but also makes them slow to change with their unofficial mantra being "wait and see." Originally of the Crusader mindset, they were one of the four original Clans to participate in the Clan Invasion in 3050.

MECHBear- Someone who fins a way, ANY way to inject Mechwarrior or Battletech names, places and In-Jokes into any and every other online game.......

Hey, don't look at me that way man, Just because I name every ship I own "Phoenix Hawk, Shadow Hawk or Summoner" doesn't make me a mechbear!!!!
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#68 - 2013-10-22 15:04:13 UTC
clearly we also need afkbear, cloakbear, gatecampbear, droneassistbear, hotdropbear, coverthotdropbear, cynoaltbear

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#69 - 2013-10-22 15:25:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Debora Tsung
Jenn aSide wrote:

Forgot one:

EVEbear - The carebear playing EVE that claims to hate so much of what EVE is and awaits ANY new game to get away from EVE, proclaiming that if the DEVs don't wake up and give them what they want (safer high sec, walking in stations, no local in null sec, no hot drops etc etc), this new game will shred the EVE subscription base.

You know it's an EVE bear when they make a huge loud "I QUIT" post to go play another game but doesn't make an equally loud "I'm back because you guys were right, EVE rocks and that other game sucks" post when they come back.

And they always do. I call them EVEbears because "GrassIsGreener"Bear don't sound right.

But wouldn't that be a Bitterbear?

EDIT: No wait, I thought about it, you're right. Apologies. Big smile

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Marcus Gord
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#70 - 2013-10-22 15:29:53 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Werebear - The WereBears were a series of teddy bears released in 1983 in the United Kingdom. They were created by George Nicholas, a famous children's author, so that boys could have teddy bears without worrying about being bullied.

Werebears? Where? Bears? Men that are bears?

Lol

In a few moments you will have an experience that will seem completely real. It will be the result of your subconscious fears transformed to your conscious awareness.

http://i.imgur.com/LM2NKUf.png

Dr0000 Maulerant
Union Nanide and Tooling
#71 - 2013-10-22 16:41:08 UTC
Wankbear- Ganks your ship in hisec, or otherwise kills an entirely undefended ship and starts shaking and itching when you dont immediately have an emotional breakdown in local.

AttentionWill send you a "questionnaire" to fill out about your "experience"

AttentionWill become severely upset if you fail to respond to his attempts to grief you.

AttentionWill have all his friends petition you for botting, citing your lack of response to griefing.

Tell me again about how every playstyle you dont engage in "doesn't require any effort" and everyone who does it needs to die in a fire. Be sure to mention about how you tried it once but it was too easy/boring/ethnic-homophobic slur.