These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Golem A L T E R N A T E idea. (!!!)

First post
Author
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#21 - 2013-10-18 10:12:28 UTC
cyndrogen wrote:

I call it a regression..... instead of improving the look, it looks more awkward then ever!

That's your opinion

I disagree

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#22 - 2013-10-18 10:14:29 UTC
cyndrogen wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
cyndrogen wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
ARE YOU 12???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

Whats with all the question marks? No are you?

I think he is mocking the use of exclaimation points in your title by making homage to it in his post

I think its a bit childish of him though

Mine was done out of passion, not mocking.

It's immature from both.

Professional forum software makes that impossible these days.
cyndrogen
The Greatest Corp in the Universe
#23 - 2013-10-18 10:36:46 UTC
marVLs wrote:
Well definitely better than CCP version

This is the CCP version I didn't change any of the 3d modeling, I just re-arranged it a bit and changed the scaling and rotation.

Every day in every way I improve my skills and get better.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2013-10-18 10:54:05 UTC
Quote:

If it came through that way, then it was executed perfectly.

Cheers!

The passion part is totally understandable,
but it's the same passion kids put into their !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, wasn't really ment as hate. :)

Go on. :)
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#25 - 2013-10-18 10:58:28 UTC

Solstice Project wrote:

Solstice Project wrote:

Solstice Project wrote:

Solstice Project wrote:

Solstice Project wrote:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hCVaf0HqZjI/UTd987_QxFI/AAAAAAAAAEA/1-ZD0SjL3C0/s400/mrsDoyle.jpg

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

cyndrogen
#26 - 2013-10-18 11:08:17 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Quote:

If it came through that way, then it was executed perfectly.

Cheers!

The passion part is totally understandable,
but it's the same passion kids put into their !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, wasn't really ment as hate. :)

I'm Ok with you hating what I did, as long as you can express what doesn't work and give a good critique.

I am by no means a spaceship design expert, but rather then ***** about how the new design sucks I wanted to offer some suggestions. Do I think they are better? No, not really, I just wanted to offer an alternate version maybe give someone a better idea.

I wish eve had a ship designer, where you can build a ship just like assembling sub systems. You are given parts like engine, wings, cabin, body, etc and then people can assemble their own design, sandbox style.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2013-10-18 11:36:36 UTC
cyndrogen wrote:
I'm Ok with you hating what I did, as long as you can express what doesn't work and give a good critique.

I am by no means a spaceship design expert, but rather then ***** about how the new design sucks I wanted to offer some suggestions. Do I think they are better? No, not really, I just wanted to offer an alternate version maybe give someone a better idea.

I wish eve had a ship designer, where you can build a ship just like assembling sub systems. You are given parts like engine, wings, cabin, body, etc and then people can assemble their own design, sandbox style.
There was no hate intended.

Such designers are headaches... besides, people will exploit such tools.
The amount of penisses in Spore proves that.

Also: Ramona... NOCLIP ... HAHAHA i like :D
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#28 - 2013-10-18 11:39:02 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:

Also: Ramona... NOCLIP ... HAHAHA i like :D

Thought you might ;)

Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#29 - 2013-10-18 12:11:23 UTC
The new Golem is CCP's way of telling us to like the asymmetrical Caldari ships.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#30 - 2013-10-18 12:22:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
Although I have no preference for your model over theirs, I do admire the fact you actually did something. Don't know why you are getting so much negativity.

Frankly the Eve player base needs more people willing to code/model/do art/ for Eve. If you could make a model that the players base thinks is significantly better, CCP should use it. Simple as that. I think CCP should be holding modelling competitions, to get player created art into the game. Frankly, Eve needs some development help with the complete lack of content we've been getting recently.

I don't see any reason not to accept help like many games companies do these days. I personally think they should release a restricted version of the CARBON engine for modding so that Eve players can create content to be approved by CCP. If they did, I would make Avatar assets myself. I am a programmer with limited modelling experience, and learning Python can't be too difficult.

Edit: Actually, it looks much better with the wings the other way up. Good job.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Solhild
Doomheim
#31 - 2013-10-18 13:50:02 UTC
I think your suggestion looks great. The CCP version is so unbalanced it's upsetting.
I particularly like the swap of the wings port/starboard as the bulk is better balanced against the prongy bit (?).

I'd actually like to see it tried in the game engine with textures/lighting. In my view there's enough asymmetry in the prongs/wings to suit the design and I prefer the engines to be symmetrical.

Nice work Cool
stoicfaux
#32 - 2013-10-18 15:06:17 UTC
Sorry, I don't like it. The biggest issue for me is that the wings should stay up. In the down position they look like an airplane, in the up position they have that "bird of prey gliding along an air current searching for something to swoop down on and impale on its talons" feel.

Having said that, the Golem's wings are too straight (i.e. too mechanical and not bird like/organic enough,) and the hammerhead has just got to go IMHO (i.e. Raven hulls are based on a bird, not a damn shark.)

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

cyndrogen
#33 - 2013-10-18 21:53:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyndrogen
stoicfaux wrote:
Sorry, I don't like it. The biggest issue for me is that the wings should stay up. In the down position they look like an airplane, in the up position they have that "bird of prey gliding along an air current searching for something to swoop down on and impale on its talons" feel.

Having said that, the Golem's wings are too straight (i.e. too mechanical and not bird like/organic enough,) and the hammerhead has just got to go IMHO (i.e. Raven hulls are based on a bird, not a damn shark.)

This is great feedback! Thanks!

I wanted to see what the deisgn would look like if I played around a bit with the wings, I tried placing them lower, higher, further front and back, then when I tried rotating somehow it fit the design a bit better although it lost the"bird of prey" look. I agree with that point.

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-10-18 22:00:24 UTC
I see little to no difference

Dodixie > Hek

Solhild
Doomheim
#35 - 2013-10-18 22:08:12 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:

I understand where you're coming from but wings swapped does seem to balance better, even if the same way up. Any chance of a mock up?
cyndrogen
#36 - 2013-10-18 22:20:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyndrogen
Solhild wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:

I understand where you're coming from but wings swapped does seem to balance better, even if the same way up. Any chance of a mock up?

I took what he said and tried to come up with an alternate version

http://imgur.com/U07kdNB,u0dKZ60,H7wNa2f,Xpg0NST#0
http://imgur.com/U07kdNB,u0dKZ60,H7wNa2f,Xpg0NST#1
http://imgur.com/U07kdNB,u0dKZ60,H7wNa2f,Xpg0NST#2
http://imgur.com/U07kdNB,u0dKZ60,H7wNa2f,Xpg0NST#3

I'm starting to realize the thing I like least about the new Golem is the wings proportion compared to the body. The rest of the model is actually working well.

cyndrogen
#37 - 2013-10-18 22:25:46 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
cyndrogen wrote:

I call it a regression..... instead of improving the look, it looks more awkward then ever!

That's your opinion

I disagree

Great, can you elaborate. I want details.

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#38 - 2013-10-18 22:46:11 UTC
This thread has been moved to Features & Ideas Discussion.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

cyndrogen
#39 - 2013-10-18 22:52:02 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
This thread has been moved to Features & Ideas Discussion.

Thanks. It kind of morphed into a feature and idea.

stoicfaux
#40 - 2013-10-18 23:21:53 UTC
cyndrogen wrote:

I took what he said and tried to come up with an alternate version

http://imgur.com/U07kdNB,u0dKZ60,H7wNa2f,Xpg0NST#0
http://imgur.com/U07kdNB,u0dKZ60,H7wNa2f,Xpg0NST#1
http://imgur.com/U07kdNB,u0dKZ60,H7wNa2f,Xpg0NST#2
http://imgur.com/U07kdNB,u0dKZ60,H7wNa2f,Xpg0NST#3

I'm starting to realize the thing I like least about the new Golem is the wings proportion compared to the body. The rest of the model is actually working well.

Very, very nice. It's good enough that the hammerhead doesn't bother me anymore. Kudos!

The "bird of prey" wings synergizes with the "hammerhead shark" to make for a rather menacing hull. Double Kudos! in fact.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Previous page123Next page