These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

[Proposal] New 0.0 region(s) with NPC stations and no local

First post
Author
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#21 - 2013-11-08 08:43:17 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:
I think it's a great idea as a test for no-local.

I am extremely confident that an Eve 2.0 would not have local; it's just too ingrained from the early days that it can't be reversed across the board without a huge backlash. However, if there was an NPC region and the gameplay was noticeably superior with no local, then a game-wide change would be much easier to push through.

This.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2013-11-09 01:54:14 UTC
Baaldor wrote:
Varius Xeral wrote:
I think it's a great idea as a test for no-local.

I am extremely confident that an Eve 2.0 would not have local; it's just too ingrained from the early days that it can't be reversed across the board without a huge backlash. However, if there was an NPC region and the gameplay was noticeably superior with no local, then a game-wide change would be much easier to push through.

Actually, if you think about it, quite a few fly with local closed anyway in large fleets. Cuz the local spam spews forth and you are pretty much lagged to ****, or TD'd to ****, whatever we are calling it now.

This is dumb and wrong, chat has no bearing on how much lag and or tidi you get, sorry, this myth was debunked by CCP years ago

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#23 - 2013-11-09 11:16:41 UTC
Which is to say that it used to have an effect; now it doesn't except insofar as your client PC has trouble with it.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Suran Parr
Os Terriveis
#24 - 2013-11-11 13:52:19 UTC
Would be interesting to see the effect this would have.
Previous page12