These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: No Honor Among Thieves - Siphon Units in Rubicon

First post First post First post
Author
mynnna
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#321 - 2013-10-17 20:04:24 UTC
Mister McDerp wrote:
Solution to part of the crying is simple. Make it so it actually just affect moonharvesters. People that sit on worthless moons won't care much and people that have moons worth it are at least actually big or at least powerful alliances.


hahaha you have no idea why people are saying this is a bad feature do you.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Kyt Thrace
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#322 - 2013-10-17 20:04:49 UTC
CCP really do not know what they could be unleashing.

The next Goon interdiction will be two-fold.

1st - Capture every Highsec POCO they can & set absurd taxes.

2nd - Drop siphons on every money moon they can find outside of CFC space.

You all talk about Goon tears in this thread, you just wait. If will be everyone else's tears that flow on the forums after this new release.

Then for sh!ts & giggles they will gank freighters & miners in higsec while burning Jita.

Most you you truly do not understand the ways that the Mittani & Goons have helped this game over the years.

This game would be more screwed up if it wasn't for their desire to take advantage of all the wholes that CCP introduces into the game with new releases. They even tell CCP that certain new additions are wrong & then when CCP does not listen, they set out to prove it.

I am not hear to kiss the Goons A$$'s, actually they can kiss mine just because I have such a sweet one.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#323 - 2013-10-17 20:06:03 UTC
Saya Loyd wrote:
if you done ​​it, you lose ~ 10 accounts


Goodbye eve ... Evil


you are a pos manager right?

lemme guess you actually have one main and the rest are for pos management...

i am fine with you rage quiting.

chao

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Burseg Sardaukar
Sardaukar Merc Guild
General Tso's Alliance
#324 - 2013-10-17 20:06:59 UTC
CtrlAltDelete Dethahal wrote:
I am spending every ISK I own on these and will unleash madness on lowsec moon empires.

Get ready kids, Goons have a new feature to abuse Twisted


K. We live and play in our space and will just blow them up shortly after they are dropped.

Can't wait to dual box my Dust toon and EVE toon on the same machine!

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#325 - 2013-10-17 20:07:29 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
Uppsy Daisy wrote:

Yes, of course you are. Like the time CCP messed up Factional Warfare and you realised that the new rules could be exploited to make huge amounts of money.

You called CCP out straight away and told them it was not good for the game didn't you?

Oh no.

You didn't. You exploited it for trillions of ISK..

How is that "promoting things that are good for EVE, even at our detriment."?


we told them, on these very forums, it was going to end hilariously badly

ccp didn't listen

aryth proceeded to demonstrate it ending hilariously badly

I think the goons by and large have done a huge amount of good for the game catching issues like this.

However, claims that in response you will spam thousands of these seems a bit silly to me, sorry.

You simply aren't going to find pilots willing to devote the time necessary every day to actually do an activity like that effectively. You need to check these things every, single, day... to collect the goods so that they will continue to siphon.

All jokes aside, I really do think most of your pilots will decide they have better things to do after a few days of that.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Balmer Banshot
Genesis Nation
The Bastion
#326 - 2013-10-17 20:08:29 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
Tonraks wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
Tonraks wrote:
I must say i think this implementation and the idea of a goo sucking pos module, is a pretty bad feature.

It promotes afk play, and make pos-work even more bothersome and boring than it already is.


It's almost like you devs want pos's to a feature that slowly but surely gets to be a less and less used feature.



that way you can justify not fixing them because only a small portion of the community uses them!



Sigh. Just my thoughts exactly.

The thought of someone dropping a module, then going afk for a few hours, only to come back and collect goo...wow. what a great an immersive feature! - That sounds like a bunch of fun.

Seriously CCP... wake up!


As opposed to going AFK while your moons print ISK and then just mindlessly going to collect it?

It seems to me that this is the pot calling the kettle black. Moon mining is already a passive feature....

Kiss full yields goodbye, and be prepared to defend your space, actively.

Either that, or cry like the goons. They are crying the most because they are going to lose the most.


People seem to forget that to take a valuable moon requires a large fleet and several hours of time. Lets say 200 man hours. If a fight or two happens, tack on the additional cost of lost ships etc. Some of my favorite times in null have been large fleet fights over moons.

Individuals only reap the benefits of moons in the form of alliance/corporate funds (ie: ship replacement programs, selling the goo to pay for SOV fees, system upgrades etc.).

I like the idea of the siphon .. and am getting my small army of covert cynos together to go play .. but I don't expect any real conflict due to this mechanic change. The writing has been on the wall for a while now regarding moon goo & any alliance paying attention has already found ways to fill the gap.
Aryth
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#327 - 2013-10-17 20:09:32 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
Uppsy Daisy wrote:

Yes, of course you are. Like the time CCP messed up Factional Warfare and you realised that the new rules could be exploited to make huge amounts of money.

You called CCP out straight away and told them it was not good for the game didn't you?

Oh no.

You didn't. You exploited it for trillions of ISK..

How is that "promoting things that are good for EVE, even at our detriment."?


we told them, on these very forums, it was going to end hilariously badly

ccp didn't listen

aryth proceeded to demonstrate it ending hilariously badly

I think the goons by and large have done a huge amount of good for the game catching issues like this.

However, claims that in response you will spam thousands of these seems a bit silly to me, sorry.

You simply aren't going to find pilots willing to devote the time necessary every day to actually do an activity like that effectively. You need to check these things every, single, day... to collect the goods so that they will continue to siphon.

All jokes aside, I really do think most of your pilots will decide they have better things to do after a few days of that.


I want to quote this for later. You don't need to collect anything.

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#328 - 2013-10-17 20:09:54 UTC
Kyt Thrace wrote:
CCP really do not know what they could be unleashing.

The next Goon interdiction will be two-fold.

1st - Capture every Highsec POCO they can & set absurd taxes.

2nd - Drop siphons on every money moon they can find outside of CFC space.

You all talk about Goon tears in this thread, you just wait. If will be everyone else's tears that flow on the forums after this new release.

Then for sh!ts & giggles they will gank freighters & miners in higsec while burning Jita.

Most you you truly do not understand the ways that the Mittani & Goons have helped this game over the years.

This game would be more screwed up if it wasn't for their desire to take advantage of all the wholes that CCP introduces into the game with new releases. They even tell CCP that certain new additions are wrong & then when CCP does not listen, they set out to prove it.

I am not hear to kiss the Goons A$$'s, actually they can kiss mine just because I have such a sweet one.



so pretty much all goons will be drones... cuss defending all those high sec poco's while deploying the shyphons on every non cfc pos and eliminating all the hostile ones in goon space and defending agaisnt any groups who will try to take advantage of the ADHD by attacking your space will be a gigantic task...

honestly if you pull if off good for you...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#329 - 2013-10-17 20:11:21 UTC
Kyt Thrace wrote:
CCP really do not know what they could be unleashing.

The next Goon interdiction will be two-fold.

1st - Capture every Highsec POCO they can & set absurd taxes.

2nd - Drop siphons on every money moon they can find outside of CFC space.

You all talk about Goon tears in this thread, you just wait. If will be everyone else's tears that flow on the forums after this new release.

Then for sh!ts & giggles they will gank freighters & miners in higsec while burning Jita.

Most you you truly do not understand the ways that the Mittani & Goons have helped this game over the years.

This game would be more screwed up if it wasn't for their desire to take advantage of all the wholes that CCP introduces into the game with new releases. They even tell CCP that certain new additions are wrong & then when CCP does not listen, they set out to prove it.

I am not hear to kiss the Goons A$$'s, actually they can kiss mine just because I have such a sweet one.

According to your 1st and 2nd point, the goons will be "unleashed"... to become what they most despise. Industrialists primarily concerned with the time sink that grinding ISK will become.

Monitoring your POCO's to make sure no one replaces them (after killing thousands of them to begin with). LOL
Spending hours each day either spamming siphons or collecting material from the few that survive. Smile

Somehow, I really don't see the Goons becoming slaves to the time sink those activities would become.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Courthouse
Perkone
Caldari State
#330 - 2013-10-17 20:11:57 UTC
Burseg Sardaukar wrote:
CtrlAltDelete Dethahal wrote:
I am spending every ISK I own on these and will unleash madness on lowsec moon empires.

Get ready kids, Goons have a new feature to abuse Twisted


K. We live and play in our space and will just blow them up shortly after they are dropped.


Hey, I just resubbed after a bit away from the game. Can you entertain me with crazy stories about how awesome it is to fly around and shoot stationary objects in space that don't shoot back for hours on end? I'm in a nostalgic mood.
Zappity
Kurved Trading
#331 - 2013-10-17 20:12:29 UTC
devblog wrote:
Other variations could steal additional types of materials, such as complex reactions or polymer reactions.
Yes, please do this to enable some wormhole gameplay!

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

mynnna
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#332 - 2013-10-17 20:13:09 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
Uppsy Daisy wrote:

Yes, of course you are. Like the time CCP messed up Factional Warfare and you realised that the new rules could be exploited to make huge amounts of money.

You called CCP out straight away and told them it was not good for the game didn't you?

Oh no.

You didn't. You exploited it for trillions of ISK..

How is that "promoting things that are good for EVE, even at our detriment."?


we told them, on these very forums, it was going to end hilariously badly

ccp didn't listen

aryth proceeded to demonstrate it ending hilariously badly

I think the goons by and large have done a huge amount of good for the game catching issues like this.

However, claims that in response you will spam thousands of these seems a bit silly to me, sorry.

You simply aren't going to find pilots willing to devote the time necessary every day to actually do an activity like that effectively. You need to check these things every, single, day... to collect the goods so that they will continue to siphon.

All jokes aside, I really do think most of your pilots will decide they have better things to do after a few days of that.


Nah, they're cheap enough right now to be the ultimate moon griefing tool. Drop 'em and forget 'em. Billion isk hits every remotely valuable moon in a region.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#333 - 2013-10-17 20:13:19 UTC
Aryth wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
Uppsy Daisy wrote:

Yes, of course you are. Like the time CCP messed up Factional Warfare and you realised that the new rules could be exploited to make huge amounts of money.

You called CCP out straight away and told them it was not good for the game didn't you?

Oh no.

You didn't. You exploited it for trillions of ISK..

How is that "promoting things that are good for EVE, even at our detriment."?


we told them, on these very forums, it was going to end hilariously badly

ccp didn't listen

aryth proceeded to demonstrate it ending hilariously badly

I think the goons by and large have done a huge amount of good for the game catching issues like this.

However, claims that in response you will spam thousands of these seems a bit silly to me, sorry.

You simply aren't going to find pilots willing to devote the time necessary every day to actually do an activity like that effectively. You need to check these things every, single, day... to collect the goods so that they will continue to siphon.

All jokes aside, I really do think most of your pilots will decide they have better things to do after a few days of that.


I want to quote this for later. You don't need to collect anything.

So even with full they keep siphoning? Seriously, do you have a source for that?

Because if you do, that's a pretty simple thing to change. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

IrJosy
Club 1621
#334 - 2013-10-17 20:13:47 UTC
It's just like CCP handing Ishkune Scorpions to Somer blink only instead of them handing billions of isk to Blink they are handing TRILLIONS to goons.
Courthouse
Perkone
Caldari State
#335 - 2013-10-17 20:15:02 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:

I think the goons by and large have done a huge amount of good for the game catching issues like this.

However, claims that in response you will spam thousands of these seems a bit silly to me, sorry.

You simply aren't going to find pilots willing to devote the time necessary every day to actually do an activity like that effectively. You need to check these things every, single, day... to collect the goods so that they will continue to siphon.

All jokes aside, I really do think most of your pilots will decide they have better things to do after a few days of that.


it's not about that. Every not-CFC POS we interrupt drives down supply, thus increasing profits on CFC POS-mined minerals. We spent weeks interdicting ice, huge logistical efforts to shut down Jita and we basically frogstomp hostiles starting by cutting their economies out from underneath them before actually fighting for sov. If you think we won't find people to harass lowsec pubbies by stealing and/or choking supply for our own economic beneift, you're sorely misinformed.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#336 - 2013-10-17 20:16:24 UTC
Courthouse wrote:
Burseg Sardaukar wrote:
CtrlAltDelete Dethahal wrote:
I am spending every ISK I own on these and will unleash madness on lowsec moon empires.

Get ready kids, Goons have a new feature to abuse Twisted


K. We live and play in our space and will just blow them up shortly after they are dropped.


Hey, I just resubbed after a bit away from the game. Can you entertain me with crazy stories about how awesome it is to fly around and shoot stationary objects in space that don't shoot back for hours on end? I'm in a nostalgic mood.

They don't look to terribly difficult to take down actually. How long do you estimate for a single BS to remove one?

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
Great Blue Balls of Fire
#337 - 2013-10-17 20:17:39 UTC
This will be great for wh'ers Big smile
Courthouse
Perkone
Caldari State
#338 - 2013-10-17 20:19:08 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Courthouse wrote:
Burseg Sardaukar wrote:
CtrlAltDelete Dethahal wrote:
I am spending every ISK I own on these and will unleash madness on lowsec moon empires.

Get ready kids, Goons have a new feature to abuse Twisted


K. We live and play in our space and will just blow them up shortly after they are dropped.


Hey, I just resubbed after a bit away from the game. Can you entertain me with crazy stories about how awesome it is to fly around and shoot stationary objects in space that don't shoot back for hours on end? I'm in a nostalgic mood.

They don't look to terribly difficult to take down actually. How long do you estimate for a single BS to remove one?


Let's say, for instance, it's 10 minutes. You can drop at least 2 in that time if you're scanning, let's say 4-5 if you know the planet/moons you're going for. At 10m per module, they're cheap enough to keep battleships busy for as long as they want to stay logged in.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#339 - 2013-10-17 20:20:16 UTC
Courthouse wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:

I think the goons by and large have done a huge amount of good for the game catching issues like this.

However, claims that in response you will spam thousands of these seems a bit silly to me, sorry.

You simply aren't going to find pilots willing to devote the time necessary every day to actually do an activity like that effectively. You need to check these things every, single, day... to collect the goods so that they will continue to siphon.

All jokes aside, I really do think most of your pilots will decide they have better things to do after a few days of that.


it's not about that. Every not-CFC POS we interrupt drives down supply, thus increasing profits on CFC POS-mined minerals. We spent weeks interdicting ice, huge logistical efforts to shut down Jita and we basically frogstomp hostiles starting by cutting their economies out from underneath them before actually fighting for sov. If you think we won't find people to harass lowsec pubbies by stealing and/or choking supply for our own economic beneift, you're sorely misinformed.

And I can see that working... IF you can drop them en mass and they just keep on siphoning.

However, that's a pretty absurd mechanic and will be the first thing the community demands be changed if that is indeed how they are planned to work. It simply makes no sense to have it keep siphoning if it's full. It serves absolutely no positive game function.

That's why I'd like confirmation from someone that this is how they are currently intended to work.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Tiye Q
SOLAR MESSIAHS INC.
#340 - 2013-10-17 20:20:47 UTC
xttz wrote:
It should be a bit of a red flag when CCP come up with the cheapest griefing tool in EVE for years, and GoonSwarm are the ones saying "hang on that's a bit much".

What exactly do you lot think this is going to do to the Tech 2 market when virtually no one is getting moon materials without interruption? We are actually in by far the best position, in that we have a bunch of newbies who will run around finding and killing these things for a bounty. Can smaller alliances and corps say that?

The Tech 2 materials market has just been handed back to big alliances. We're going to grief the **** out of everyone if this remains unchanged, and make bank while doing so.


CFC space is not behind some impregnable wall. Anyone can get into CFC systems at anytime, and with the new interceptor changes, people will be able to get in much easier. CFC/GSF will not be able to grief EVE with this feature. In fact the opposite will occur. Random entities will start to grief every CFC/GSF system, and I'm not talking about renter systems.