These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Being conned to join a corp-Alliance with real life ramifications

First post
Author
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#61 - 2013-10-15 13:12:02 UTC
I'm sorry I interpreted your comment as a personal attack.
Seven Koskanaiken
Guerillas in the Mist
Outlanders United
#62 - 2013-10-15 13:12:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Seven Koskanaiken
This is why you should keep real life issues out of game.

Seriously, what is supposed to happen? Everyone goes easy on you because you are ill and on medication? Well that will just lead to everyone saying.........."don't awox/gank me I'm on medication" which will lead to........gankers/awoxers ignoring anyone who says it.

Virtual eve friends are not real life friends. Everyone vs everyone remember.
Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#63 - 2013-10-15 13:12:29 UTC
CCP should give out special skins for the terminally ill and emotionally deficient so we can treat them differently.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Leigh Akiga
Kuhri Innovations
#64 - 2013-10-15 13:14:55 UTC
Why does this sound so familiar?
Frying Doom
#65 - 2013-10-15 13:16:28 UTC
All I will say is hope you manage to beat it. Good Luck, get well.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Averzion Fanity
PoopShootBawlSac
#66 - 2013-10-15 13:44:01 UTC
sooooooo, any proof of this illness even? Or how it's relevant to a bad decision?
If you bet your house in crapps and lose, having cancer won't solve things m8.
Averzion Fanity
PoopShootBawlSac
#67 - 2013-10-15 13:44:56 UTC
Kuz I'm a radiologist, and I'd love to know this is legit.
Lugalbandak
Goonswarm.
#68 - 2013-10-15 13:51:35 UTC
Leigh Akiga wrote:
Why does this sound so familiar?

yeah , somewhere rings a bell

The police horse is the only animal in the world that haz his male genitals on his back

TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2013-10-15 14:00:59 UTC
Sorry that you have such a horrible decease, but what does that have to do at all with you blindly trusting all your assets to people you don't know? Did you think that people feeling sorry for you in RL would auto translate to EVE Online and broadcast to everyone? Roll

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Kanako Wakabayashi
Perkone
Caldari State
#70 - 2013-10-15 14:02:52 UTC
I'm a real girl and feel sorry for you
May I have your remaining isk?
Xavier Higdon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#71 - 2013-10-15 14:04:35 UTC
The biggest thing to remember is that those people who go only for killmails will quit playing the instant they start losing. When you recover, OP, I'll give you the ISK to replace and fit the ships needed to make the kids unsub. We don't need COD players on Tranquility.
Caius Beriat
O'Coin Enterprises
#72 - 2013-10-15 14:09:48 UTC
3/10 would not read again.

You made a bad decision, lost your carriers and now you're trying to get sympathy isk.
Mirajane Cromwell
#73 - 2013-10-15 14:11:02 UTC
Everyone in Eve makes mistakes at some point - you just got to learn from them and adapt in future. Blink

To OP, perhaps you could also try out real life game SuperBetter to fight the cancer.
PhatController
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#74 - 2013-10-15 14:17:12 UTC
Eve is a game, it's not real. Why should anyone play the game differently because your having a hard time. Stop taking stuff personly, it's just a game.
Djana Libra
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#75 - 2013-10-15 14:18:24 UTC
I completely don't see what you fighting cancer (which must be **** for you, best of luck on getting better) has to do with being blown up in a game. Ganked by a beep beep beep corp aint fun but it has nothing to do with ur illness.

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#76 - 2013-10-15 14:20:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Oh man do i feel the OPs pain. I really had to pee last week while doing a Forsaken Hub so I tried to "Ninja Bio" . As I was finishing up my bidness, I heard my ships hull alarm go off (I'm armor tanked and was like WTF, seems like i got tackled by some real life pirates!). So I ran because to my computer and stubbed my toe on a door frame. It's all bruised and purple and full of ouch, and no one will kiss it to make it better.

Therefore, as a wounded EVE warrior I demand isk, respect and for ccp to give me back the Dominx that got hot dropped. For the sake of stubbed toes everywhere.
Lugalbandak
Goonswarm.
#77 - 2013-10-15 14:23:55 UTC
Kanako Wakabayashi wrote:
I'm a real girl and feel sorry for you
May I have your remaining isk?

boobs like that says otherwise Shocked

The police horse is the only animal in the world that haz his male genitals on his back

Dasola
New Edens Freeports
#78 - 2013-10-15 14:28:42 UTC
Sadly this sort of backstabbing is exactly the type of action that makes headlines for EvE, game that allows just about anything... This, and massive fleet battles. Former friends may turn out to be your worst enemy and former enemies may turn out to be valuable allies...

Congratulations are in order for being in remission, that's huge man. Im sure you will eventually find good home in EvE somewhere. Theres corporation for anyone out there. Trick is to find it.

We are Minmatar, Our ship are made of scraps, but look what our scraps can do...

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#79 - 2013-10-15 14:28:42 UTC
Himnos Altar wrote:
Dude, I get it. IRL is a harsh, harsh place. Granted, I'm not hospitalized, but I do get that. But EVE is also a cruel and fickle mistress.

No, the game construct Eve is not anything at, in and of itself. It has no feelings, no motives.
But what the construct allows is sociopaths to live out fantasies they could not in real life.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#80 - 2013-10-15 14:34:36 UTC
The real sickness here a guy attempting to play for sympathy using a serious real life condition. It says some really really bad things about you if you have to use real life tragedy as an excuse for why you played a video game poorly.