These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: The CCP Mystery Code: Demystified

First post First post
Author
CCP Doom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#141 - 2013-10-16 16:44:54 UTC
Rosen Thornn wrote:
Is the cyber arm only going to be a right arm, or can you choose which arm it will be when you select it?

It can be either arm
CCP Doom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#142 - 2013-10-16 16:48:01 UTC
NFain wrote:
CCP Loktofeit wrote:
Aralez wrote:
quick question. Is this mystery code a one time use item? for example to you have to choose between the item for Valkyrie or the arm? or does ccp mail a new code to use for each item?

The Mystery Code qualifies you for all Mystery Code items. Enter the code once, and it is saved to your account. You will be able to redeem each new item when they are revealed.

Can we have 2 codes linked to one account? :O

Hi!

It's only one Mystery Code per account
Kyt Thrace
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#143 - 2013-10-16 16:48:04 UTC
CCP Doom wrote:
Rosen Thornn wrote:
Is the cyber arm only going to be a right arm, or can you choose which arm it will be when you select it?

It can be either arm

Is this something you select when you redeem it. Like what we did for the sleeve tattoo?

R.I.P. Vile Rat

CCP Doom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#144 - 2013-10-16 16:49:29 UTC
Kyt Thrace wrote:
CCP Doom wrote:
Rosen Thornn wrote:

It can be either arm

Is this something you select when you redeem it. Like what we did for the sleeve tattoo?

Yes, it will similar to the tattoo selection
Kyt Thrace
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#145 - 2013-10-16 16:52:07 UTC
Nice, thanks CCP Doom

Now I need to decide which arm I want to replace by deciding which sleeve tattoo I want to wear.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

CCP Doom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#146 - 2013-10-16 17:00:29 UTC
Edmark I wrote:
Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley wrote:
[quote=Katabrok First]Ok, I've put this complain here on the forums many times. I live in Brazil, and I'm willing to buy the collector's edition. Hell, I even went to fanfest this year, so I must really like this damn game. But the evestore site doesn't have an option to send it here. There isn't anything that can be done? C'mon CCP, couldn't one of you lend me your address, and then send it here to me? Please? Pretty please?

Katabrok, I had the same distaste when I checked that even Amazon wouldn't ship do Brazil !

I was searching and there is some US companies that do the Address Forward Service ( http://www.myus.com ) didnt try because I dont know if its safe or not....

CCP Doom, Can't you post a recommendation to CCP, since its the one who sells through Amazon and set this directive in the Sales Order ? (if not directly selling, the CCP Brand is on it...)

Where is CSM when these guys are needed ?

Sorry to bother, but take it as a compliment... we love the game and want to be part of its entire universe... I just sold my xbox to buy a PS3 in order to play DUST !!!

Hi there!

Just to let you know that Amazon.com does ship to Brazil,
CCP Doom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#147 - 2013-10-16 17:02:43 UTC
Kyt Thrace wrote:
Nice, thanks CCP Doom

Now I need to decide which arm I want to replace by deciding which sleeve tattoo I want to wear.

No problem, happy to help!
Shirley Serious
Gutter Press
#148 - 2013-10-16 17:22:27 UTC
CCP Doom wrote:

"the F-706.574 'Phanca' Cybernetic Arm, is unique among heavily mechanized capsuleer accoutrements in that rather than focusing primarily on the future, it draws on a dark part of ancient empire history - one that's either completely barbaric or unquestionably devout, depending who you ask.

Its origins lie in an Amarr decree where a member of the oligarchy - who was whimsical, powerful and, it is speculated, quite astoundingly insane during the tail end of her life- demanded that all current and future heirs of a particular royal house have their right hand amputated. They acquiesced, but had the hands replaced with cybernetic models in a silver coating.

The first heir who suffered this fate took great pride in it, and his silver hand is on display in the open court of the Amarr Royal palace. When capsuleers - themselves the unquestionable elite of New Eden - started taking to cybernetic arms, it was only natural that this be one of the first models put into public use."

Interesting description.

Also, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, the release of this cybernetic arm was a bit of a shock, since I had just written a story about a cyber-arm designer, possibly murdered by one of the hands they were building. Shocked

Even references Lady Phanca, who I am assuming this model of cyber-arm is named after. Shocked

Maybe CCP Falcon or CCP Eterne should get one of the event actors to "reassure" capsuleers that cyber-arms are not escaped murderous devices, and are perfectly "safe"... Big smile

Just the facts.

Turelus
Utassi Security
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#149 - 2013-10-18 00:27:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Turelus
Something a corp member just asked and made me realise.

Do the Genolution 'Auroral' AU-79 implants count towards ISK value of pod kills?
Because they they do getting podded is going to screw up killboard statistic for ISK ratios pretty bad.

I'm somewhat hoping there is an exception for them and they will be valued at 0 ISK as they're not actually destroyed.

*Edit
So this just got posted... https://zkillboard.com/detail/33887201/ (EVE-Kill reset the value from 1,000,000,000,000 to 1,000,000.01 so it's not too bad)

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Iorek en Augier
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#150 - 2013-10-18 11:35:21 UTC
Interested in hearing a response to Turelus' question.

Also, I'm assuming that the gold pods currently scooting around in TQ have been redeemed via codes sent out by email, but I haven't heard anything from Amazon yet...

Have codes only been sent to people who bought the CE through the Eve Store?
Turelus
Utassi Security
#151 - 2013-10-18 11:57:52 UTC
I have been semi-talking with EVE-Kill via twitter and they are listing them in pod losses at market value. (currently 3-6bil)
The first pilot to lose one is already -1trillion efficiency now.

I'm not really sure if this is something CCP can fix on their end, it might just be that the Killboards will need to come to an acceptable amount. I really don't want to plug the implant in if it means every pod loss will be valued higher than a Dreadnought.

Peter Powers
Terrorists of Dimensions
#152 - 2013-10-18 12:11:55 UTC
since it isn't destroyed one could argue that ccp shouldn't have it in the kill details.

3rdPartyEve.net - your catalogue for 3rd party applications

Turelus
Utassi Security
#153 - 2013-10-18 13:31:01 UTC
EVE-Kill has set them to 0.01 when injected.
Quote:
EVE-KILL @eve_kill

Golden pod implant's value set to 0.01 isk when plugged in, else market value. is.gd/zFlPYK @ADTurelus #tweetfleet #eveonline

Tarkett Reedster
House of Reed Interstellar Defense Force
#154 - 2013-10-19 01:59:58 UTC
Whoa hoo! Got mine the \o/Big smile
Kyt Thrace
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#155 - 2013-10-19 06:38:41 UTC
I only was able to redeem the PLEX from the Mystery code.

When does the cybernetic arm release?

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Iorek en Augier
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#156 - 2013-10-19 07:02:31 UTC
Kyt Thrace wrote:
When does the cybernetic arm release?

The dev-blog stated:
"As part of the Rubicon release, we’ll be unveiling a new body modification option for Capsuleers: Cybernetic arms."

So November 19.
Arline Kley
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#157 - 2013-10-20 21:43:21 UTC
Well i'm glad that I can *finally* have the cybernetic arm Arline is suppose to have; its only been 5 years of waiting :P

"For it was said they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found." - Father Grigori, Ravens 3:57

X3M XplaYer
Lepton Analysis Brotherhood
#158 - 2013-10-22 18:34:46 UTC
Oh, oh, oh, OH! Shocked

Just got a pacage today! Can it be??? It is!!! Shocked

Collectors Edition! What? Why? Isn't the shipping date on 24.10.?

Whoever made this happen... thank YOU! :) Now I can open it on my 30th birthday on 24.10. Big smile Perfect present! THANK YOU!
My reaction when I was going through my mail.

I just hope I can wait Twisted
Chan'aar
State War Academy
Caldari State
#159 - 2013-10-28 20:52:08 UTC
Do offers to the mystery code time out?

Say if we take a break from Eve for a few months and in that time something is released to the code owners will the item sit in the redeeming system until we come back to Eve or will it time out after so many months?

Thx
Wyrm Alnaden
W.A.S.P
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#160 - 2013-10-29 14:40:00 UTC
Ok I redeemed my Mystery code! Yey i got the PLEX but... where is the cybernetics arm? It didnt come with it?