These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ishukone Ships and Surrounding issues... Coming SOON (TM)

First post First post First post
Author
Daenna Chrysi
Omega Foundry Unit
Southern Legion Alliance
#121 - 2013-10-09 12:07:26 UTC
CCP Manifest wrote:
Gilbaron wrote:
next time you take half the company on vacation, please communicate that

There are security reasons why that's a bad idea that I can't really argue with.

Yeah, I agree with this, just as one shouldnt tell on facebook they are going on a vacation, telling the possible burglars its all clear to clean the house of valuables.
Moira Ayindi
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#122 - 2013-10-09 12:20:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Moira Ayindi
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Moira Ayindi wrote:
Upsetting the Sandbox? Like when we got the Gnosis?

When will EveO players develop the necessary intelligence to understand that CCP didn't gave ISK to Somer but just some ships?

It is the stupidity of the collectors who gave this huge and totally unnecessary value to the Ishukone Scorpions. Which is currently falling and I am laughing about the generated tears Pirate

You really don't want to get it, do you?
It's about what those ships are worth at this moment, not tomorrow or next year but now.

It doesn't matter to who they are worth what, it matters that they can and probably will be sold for a lot of isk now and CCP secretly gifted them to a few people based upon shady qualifications.

It does matter too that those ships are now worth a lot and by the time you will get one they're worth maybe exactly what they're really worth, 1 trit.
Just guess how that feels when you're the last in line who receives this "gift". What?

If these gifts where made nontransferable we wouldn't had seen any reaction like CCP got now over this.

Of course I would be better if CCP wouldn't give these gifts in secret out.

Looking forward to the dev blog.

Oh I get it. In a Sandbox CCP should care about the stupidity of their players.

Sorry but I don't think so. When you buy today a Titan for a lot of ISK you don't know if CCP whil nerf them and so reduce the resell value of the ship. If you buy plex today to train your PI alt you also don't know how Rubicon will change the prices etc...
EVETOOLSDOTORG
Doomheim
#123 - 2013-10-09 12:21:44 UTC
As the owner of an Eve-related gambling site, my concerns with the favoritism is obvious.
Although where does the friendship between dev's and Somer draw the line?

* Do they get special API access pulling wallet data faster than every half hour? (which is the curse of any gambling site)
* Do they get early access to the new REST interface to fill out contracts instead of having to do it manually?
* Do they get same inspection for RMT as any other site?

Logically, they won't, since its pretty obvious from how the site works, but with the friendly tone from devs to Somer, secret evemails and gifts, we're down a slippery slope already.. what is next?

Somer got some promotions to aid celebration, thats fair, but level the playing field so we all compete on the same terms.
Prince Kobol
#124 - 2013-10-09 12:26:38 UTC
IDGAD wrote:
CCP Manifest wrote:
Gilbaron wrote:

There are security reasons why that's a bad idea that I can't really argue with.

Wait wait wait...... so you take a LARGE portion of the company out on vacation and leave the game understaffed and vulnerable to such issues? Is the very nature of taking so many employees critical to the game out of the picture AT THE SAME TIME not the big issue here? It's like having 10 people staffed 24/7 at a nuclear plant to maintain functionality, and 8 out of the 10 decide to leave for lunch AT THE SAME TIME and you end up with a good 'ol russian time with the reactor going critical. That DOES NOT WORK and was irresponsible.

This guy is an example of the worst kind of poster.

If anybody actually knows this dude in game or knows who his main is (fully expect this to be an forum alt) then I implore you to gank \ awox the living hell out him.

If fact I would be more then willing to fully reimburse you for your gank ships.
Prince Kobol
#125 - 2013-10-09 12:28:01 UTC
EVETOOLSDOTORG wrote:
As the owner of an Eve-related gambling site, my concerns with the favoritism is obvious.
Although where does the friendship between dev's and Somer draw the line?

* Do they get special API access pulling wallet data faster than every half hour? (which is the curse of any gambling site)
* Do they get early access to the new REST interface to fill out contracts instead of having to do it manually?
* Do they get same inspection for RMT as any other site?

Logically, they won't, since its pretty obvious from how the site works, but with the friendly tone from devs to Somer, secret evemails and gifts, we're down a slippery slope already.. what is next?

Somer got some promotions to aid celebration, thats fair, but level the playing field so we all compete on the same terms.

Such a bad post... I mean seriously, special API Access, early access to CREST...

This is so dumb on so many different levels.
Le Petite More
Doomheim
#126 - 2013-10-09 12:28:38 UTC
A Research Alt wrote:
CCP Manifest wrote:
I forgot to mention that I'll try to do some replying to this thread over the next few days, but can't quite make the promise that I'll be able to check in super often since, well, the point of this thread was to say we were busy working.

We will be rereviewing many a previous post, so don't feel a huge pressure to revoice your opinions here in thoughts it will be missed, although of course you are welcome to.

--Spawning people billions of ISK is wrong
--Spawning people billions of ISK in the form of otherwise unobtainable ships is wrong
--Spawning people billions of ISK because they are already super rich is wrong
--Spawning people billions of ISK secretly is wrong
--Somer Blink is not a community website
--Somer Blink is not a charity
--Somer Blink is a business
--"We got away with it before" is not an acceptable reason to continue doing the wrong thing
--There were and are far more deserving people than Somer
--Said people do not deserve billions of ISK anymore than Somer did

Agreed that these are important issues that they should address, but thank you for giving us an update and I hope you guys had a fun vacation.
Zostera
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#127 - 2013-10-09 12:34:04 UTC
It seems to me that CCP have lost the plot completely lately.

Somer blink was a complete disgrace and should never have happened, then you go ahead and make exactly the same mistake again. I would also like to add to this that selling PLEX on sale in various countries but not others is giving a huge number of people a significant advantage as well. You created a sandbox game where any monetary advantage is important, and however you deliver that to people you have to consider it's impact.

So how about you stop taking a turd in it.

Same rules for everyone please CCP.
Kosakei Sanko
Interstellar Vacancy
Loose Affiliations
#128 - 2013-10-09 12:44:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Kosakei Sanko
xXThunder StruckXx wrote:
I'm sure had one been offered to everyone that has taken such umbridge at this, they would have taken it, each and every one!

Absolutely, because if each and every person who who took umbrage at such a thing were given one, rather than just 30 people at the charitable gambling site known as SOMER Blink, in secret nonetheless, then this wouldn't really be an issue, right?

Gimme a unique T2 Khanid battleship called the Castigator and I'd be willing to forget all this happened.

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#129 - 2013-10-09 12:44:37 UTC
Captain StringfellowHawk wrote:
Proclus Diadochu wrote:
IDGAD wrote:
CCP Manifest wrote:
Gilbaron wrote:

Wait wait wait...... so you take a LARGE portion of the company out on vacation and leave the game understaffed and vulnerable to such issues? Is the very nature of taking so many employees critical to the game out of the picture AT THE SAME TIME not the big issue here? It's like having 10 people staffed 24/7 at a nuclear plant to maintain functionality, and 8 out of the 10 decide to leave for lunch AT THE SAME TIME and you end up with a good 'ol russian time with the reactor going critical. That DOES NOT WORK and was irresponsible.

You clowns are some bold, ignorant, and mouthy people. This crap Faction Scorpion "ordeal" is a non-issue. The only issue I see here is that a bunch of whiny "entitled" children seem to think that Eve Online, a game popular for being unfair, should be fair. You kids need to step away from your computer for a minute and remember that CCP is not your company. You pay to play the game, and they aren't required to coddle you. The fact that they listen to you on some things is a perk of a decent company. If you don't like their game, leave.

You won't, ofcourse, because most of you scrubs are just full of hot air and mad about your "poor, pitiful pixel world". Get over it.

^^^ This.

The hypocrisy amuses me. Going on a childish, insult-filled temper-tantrum of a rant in which you call others childish and immature ...

Let me explain it to you, since you seem to not get it: We all play this game for fun. CCP doing things like this reduces the fun in a number of ways. We ask CCP to not do it. Simple.

It's like any other hobby, if something starts diminishing the enjoyment you get out of it, you try to change whats going on.

For example, some people play soccer as a hobby. If the ref decided to give the other team 3 goals just because he could, people would be disappointed that their fun game is being tampered with in a way that makes it not as fun any more.

It is not childish, or entitlement, or jealousy, or mistakenly attributing too much "importance" to a game to question CCP on this, or to even unsub if you dislike what they've done and how they respond (or don't). We value this game for the enjoyment it provides as a past time, if stuff happens that alters that level of enjoyment, we react.

Flipping your lid and ranting at others because you personally don't mind is the only thing that can be considered childish.
Din Chao
#130 - 2013-10-09 13:23:01 UTC
Ripard Teg wrote:
Very much looking forward to CCP's response to this, once they've had the time to give it due consideration. Thanks for posting this, Manifest!

"Please CCP, spin this so I don't look bad anymore!"
Tao Dolcino
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#131 - 2013-10-09 13:27:08 UTC
Dear CCP Manifest.
Thank you for opening this thread.
As my opinion on the somergate is burried under a thousand of post, could you please transmit this simple sentence to CCP ? Thanks in advance.

CCP :
Stop messing with the sandbox. Don't introduce anything which can break the player-run economy, don't give such rewards, give something neutral when you want to reward someone. This way no one will accuse you anymore of favouritism, which is one of the most serious cause of distrust between you and your paying customers.
I have cancelled my subscription because i refuse to give my hard-earned money to a company who do such things.
It's up to you now to become again honorable and trustworthy or to dive deeper in the vulgarity.
Prince Kobol
#132 - 2013-10-09 13:27:24 UTC
Din Chao wrote:
Ripard Teg wrote:
Very much looking forward to CCP's response to this, once they've had the time to give it due consideration. Thanks for posting this, Manifest!

"Please CCP, spin this so I don't look bad anymore!"

Or maybe like has already been said, take a look at all the posts, understand the major concerns of the player base, discuss the matter with all relevant people and then put something in place so this will not happen again.

Once this has been done then post a Dev Blog.
Josef Djugashvilis
#133 - 2013-10-09 13:28:19 UTC
Ripard Teg wrote:

I voted for you.

Man, am I bad at Eve Oops

This is not a signature.

Lugalbandak
Lego3
#134 - 2013-10-09 13:28:58 UTC
Im sorry you had to cut your vacation , but probs for comming with this +1

The police horse is the only animal in the world that haz his male genitals on his back

Amhra Rho
Accujac Elimination
#135 - 2013-10-09 13:28:59 UTC
@CCP Manifest - your communication on this matter is appreciated. Many of us - myself included - will be looking forward to CCP's upcoming address on this issue with more than a little eager anticipation.

There's real reasons why your Eve character doesn't do /dance.

KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#136 - 2013-10-09 14:14:58 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
In a wider context, is it a good move by CCP to be so closely linked to a gambling site?

Well I was thinking we might lay some bets on how many employees might get walked out, but.. too soon? Twisted
BrundleMeth
State War Academy
Caldari State
#137 - 2013-10-09 14:25:14 UTC  |  Edited by: BrundleMeth
I don't understand. The fact that this incident happened after all the other bad stuff, shows that it will continue to happen. No one really seems to care or is willing to stop it and CCP always seems to be in Apology or Damage mode trying to undo things that never should have happened. In 3 or 6 months, there will be another soap opera to deal with...

I fully expect that some people in EVE Online will get preferred treatment from CCP/Devs/Whomever and that will never change...simply because as someone else said, because they can. People witll rage quit? They don't care....at least it seems that way. Personally, I don't care about any of it... Stuff happens...
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#138 - 2013-10-09 14:37:06 UTC
CCP Manifest wrote:
Gilbaron wrote:

So now, not only should your company have to tell it's customers when it does anything for any other customer (like give them inferior Scorpions), but people are expecting you to report your VACATION plans as well? I work for a government agency and I'm not even under that amount of scrutiny.

I couldn't be you guys at CCP, I've go out of business after telling folks to F-off and mind their own damn business.
Crasniya
The Aussienauts
#139 - 2013-10-09 14:37:44 UTC
As someone who knows of nobody who has received free secret stuff from CCP or anything remotely connected: Can we grow up please? So what, you didn't get a ship. Big whoop. They only affect the economy if you let them. Aka, if you choose to buy them. Otherwise, they're worth nothing more than the hangar shiny they're supposed to be.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - soraya@biomassed.net

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#140 - 2013-10-09 14:40:10 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

It's like any other hobby, if something starts diminishing the enjoyment you get out of it, you try to change whats going on.

We get all that. What we question is why in the hell something like this would diminish your enjoyment. I'm flying around shooting stuff right now, and not one Ishkone Scorp has shown up to deny me some pleasure lol.