These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ishukone Ships and Surrounding issues... Coming SOON (TM)

First post First post First post
Author
Red Dragon15
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2013-10-09 03:53:43 UTC
Too late for me, 3 accts cancelled. Reasons:

-Not going thru this again were devs and game designers build a game up to say "its your game".....but then decided its really their game ...then feel that they are righteous in giving out restricted content to whomever they feel should get it. And tell the community to deal with it, and go into emergency PR mode from the backlash.

-Lack of content added to non-PVPers.....understand its PVP-driven game, but seriously ignoring all request for non-PVP content fixes that goes years without being looked at, then say "ah the code is too hard to change...."

-Again another expansion to force more PVP drama, good luck with the High Sec POCO, not like there wasn't enough with the changes to Moon Mining, the changes to mining sites, the limiting of ice fields.

The list goes on, but its been a good run......have fun, and see ya!
The Slayer
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#42 - 2013-10-09 04:00:27 UTC
Dis gun be gud.
Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#43 - 2013-10-09 04:01:19 UTC
Ripard Teg wrote:
Very much looking forward to CCP's response to this, once they've had the time to give it due consideration. Thanks for posting this, Manifest!

Since they were on vacation since friday and returned today this is a completely new and unexpected emergency, expect a response in a timely (CCP) manner (5 days).

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#44 - 2013-10-09 04:08:37 UTC
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
Ripard Teg wrote:
Very much looking forward to CCP's response to this, once they've had the time to give it due consideration. Thanks for posting this, Manifest!

Since they were on vacation since friday and returned today this is a completely new and unexpected emergency, expect a response in a timely (CCP) manner (5 days).

well they did say that..

Quote:
I hope that a collectively constructed devblog can happen by the end of the week

so yea
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2013-10-09 04:14:21 UTC
Anya Klibor wrote:
CCP Manifest wrote:
On a personal note, I wish I had carved more time out of my vacation to lend to communication on this, and I apologize for that. I spent several hours researching and answering media requests (TheMittani.com, Gameskinny and as the "CCP spokesperson" for Kotaku) and getting as caught up as I could remotely, but I should have at least blueposted that we were listening here and elsewhere and discussing things internally.

My job duties suggest that I'm the guy that responds to media when requested, but I should have made that a second stop in this case. We have since dissected things more and hope the newer update will put many a capsuleer heart that bleeds for the sanctity of New Eden at ease.

No, never take time out of your vacation to answer people throwing shitfits on the forums. Yes, it will suck, but your family should come first, and your sanity a very close second. We might be mad, but if you're on a vacation, then you're on a vacation and we'll suck it up and move on.

however, if enough of us get mad enough, his vacation may last a couple months longer than he wanted.
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#46 - 2013-10-09 04:16:24 UTC
Captain StringfellowHawk wrote:
Can we stop arguing over Ships that people never undock in and use... and Actually move towards discussing future Expansions of the game... I can see if these were OP ships people were Popping others with left and right.. but this is like a collectors car that no one even uses..... Yes.. It devalues them.. But.. If you aint using it.. It's just wasted pixels.. Lets move the game and this Incident Forward.. and Argue over something useful Like the Oft pushed out Capital Re-balance etc...

your right, lets take this man seriously.

CCP, stop rebalancing, right now, its a waste of time. if people dont use a ship, then just delete it, otherwise its just wasting server space and pixels.
mentalkiller
Celestial Eyes
#47 - 2013-10-09 04:20:52 UTC  |  Edited by: mentalkiller
How can you possibly believe that the community will be satisfied with such a cookie?

Give billions of ISK in ship away, get caught, and make the ships an adornment item?

Just as the ISK farmers find a way to sell ISK for real cash again when they get caught their methods, you will certainly find a way to give away free stuff without the communities' notice which is disgusting to even think about it

/mentalKiller

Maximilian Akora
It's just business.
#48 - 2013-10-09 04:27:47 UTC
Manifest. We don't want instant answers, we want correct and honest answers. No need to rush or put in personal time, if there had been a post much earlier saying "we acknowledge this issue and we'll give this all some thought and get back to you", perhaps even done in a more informal manner things wouldn't have gotten out of control as it did.

So now that we know it's on CCP's to-do list I'm sure the majority of us will be happy to wait for the outcome.
I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#49 - 2013-10-09 04:41:42 UTC  |  Edited by: I Love Boobies
I sense more butthurt after the blog comes out. People will be upset because they will realize they won't be getting shinies too. CCP could always give everyone one of those Scorpions... kinda like they gave away the Gnosis. That way, everyone will have one, and the ones that people did get in the past won't be special any longer. Twisted
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#50 - 2013-10-09 05:18:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Benny Ohu
Thanks for recognising players' concern

The following is a repost -

Suggestion: Such 'thanks' items given out by CCP to community figures are blueprints, and the BPO and the item created are not exchangable between accounts. Because the battleship blueprint (for example) has a material cost (the cost of an ishukone scorp would be a normal scorp), it is not unfair to use it in battle, and because they're not tradeable, it's not the significant ISK and market advantage the Scorpions given to SOMER (and others) represent. If the blueprint is a BPO, these ships needn't even be hangar queens, and the recipients can fly around in them without fear of losing them (any more than a normal scorp), which I think would be great. Obviously such items would have the same stats as the regular ones.

It's basically giving them the unique colour to fly around. CCP could create and give out as many 'thanks' items as they wish without any hassle. It's a little anti-EVE to have untradable items, but I feel it's more anti-EVE to give away items that have a great ISK value, especially in secret, as the secrecy gives those players unique and unfair market knowledge of the trade of valuable items.

e: whatever happens, the fairest way to give gifts is either to do it openly or to make them untradeable
Kate stark
#51 - 2013-10-09 05:23:47 UTC
woke up.
saw blue post.
satisfied that you're looking in to it.

i look forward to the outcome, and please remember this is not about blink, or the scorpions, this is about the slippery slope it represents with regards to handing out things in secret without a fixed set of criteria. it's dangerous and irresponsible and clearly it generates discontent within the community.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

IDGAD
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2013-10-09 05:38:07 UTC
Noriko Mai wrote:
Someone at CCP cares. Shocked

No, they don't really care about you, they care about the company's survival. If you break down the claims in the OP you will see they blame such fault on CCP staff being "on vacation". In other words they are trying to claim that some wayward rogue or unauthorized event happened while in fact that reeks of bogus and backpedaling. The truth is most likely that they thought they could get away with it, but the somer blink recipients leaked that they received the ships even after being told by CCP and Somer to be discrete. After they realized how fudged they were by screwing up so bad, they are now trying to do some damage control and claim that they were on vacation, as if to imply they would have NEVER done or let such a thing happen otherwise.
Riyal
invidious Squid
#53 - 2013-10-09 05:38:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Riyal
Thank you for replying.

My concerns;

* Why the secrecy?

* Why only a select few out of a long list of community sites?

* Was the isk value considered? (first recipients would have more valuable ships, then as the market becomes flooded their 'value' drops)

In hindsight my post should have had more psssshhhh

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#54 - 2013-10-09 05:41:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
I'm going to have to come out and say that standardized gifting for community fansites, services, and the like could be a solution. A clearly stated set of criteria and well defined list of gift options for meeting certain criteria could be produced.

Katrina Oniseki

IDGAD
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2013-10-09 05:49:20 UTC  |  Edited by: IDGAD
CCP Manifest wrote:
Gilbaron wrote:
next time you take half the company on vacation, please communicate that

There are security reasons why that's a bad idea that I can't really argue with.

Wait wait wait...... so you take a LARGE portion of the company out on vacation and leave the game understaffed and vulnerable to such issues? Is the very nature of taking so many employees critical to the game out of the picture AT THE SAME TIME not the big issue here? It's like having 10 people staffed 24/7 at a nuclear plant to maintain functionality, and 8 out of the 10 decide to leave for lunch AT THE SAME TIME and you end up with a good 'ol russian time with the reactor going critical. That DOES NOT WORK and was irresponsible.
Red Templar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2013-10-09 05:55:09 UTC
IDGAD wrote:
CCP Manifest wrote:
Gilbaron wrote:

There are security reasons why that's a bad idea that I can't really argue with.

Wait wait wait...... so you take a LARGE portion of the company out on vacation and leave the game understaffed and vulnerable to such issues? Is the very nature of taking so many employees critical to the game out of the picture AT THE SAME TIME not the big issue here? It's like having 10 people staffed 24/7 at a nuclear plant to maintain functionality, and 8 out of the 10 decide to leave and you have a good 'ol russian time with the plant while everyone is gone. That DOES NOT WORK and was irresponsible.

No. You are dumb.

Thank you for reply CCP Manifest, but i will continue being skeptic and think that you will either ignore it, or justify it, or drag it long enough for people to forget about (until next incident at least).

[b]For Love. For Peace. For Honor.

For None of the Above.

For Pony![/b]

IDGAD
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#57 - 2013-10-09 05:57:45 UTC  |  Edited by: IDGAD
Red Templar wrote:
IDGAD wrote:
CCP Manifest wrote:
Gilbaron wrote:

Wait wait wait...... so you take a LARGE portion of the company out on vacation and leave the game understaffed and vulnerable to such issues? Is the very nature of taking so many employees critical to the game out of the picture AT THE SAME TIME not the big issue here? It's like having 10 people staffed 24/7 at a nuclear plant to maintain functionality, and 8 out of the 10 decide to leave and you have a good 'ol russian time with the plant while everyone is gone. That DOES NOT WORK and was irresponsible.

No. You are dumb.

Thank you for reply CCP Manifest, but i will continue being skeptic and think that you will either ignore it, or justify it, or drag it long enough for people to forget about (until next incident at least).

Please do clarify, how is that dumb? Or do you honestly have no idea how to interpret what I said besides it being counter to CCP's post? Are you just white knighting here, or do you honestly believe that CCP will provide an answer everyone will be satisfied with, and assume that will make up for this still valid point I made?
Proclus Diadochu
Mar Sarrim
Red Coat Conspiracy
#58 - 2013-10-09 06:05:23 UTC
IDGAD wrote:
CCP Manifest wrote:
Gilbaron wrote:

Wait wait wait...... so you take a LARGE portion of the company out on vacation and leave the game understaffed and vulnerable to such issues? Is the very nature of taking so many employees critical to the game out of the picture AT THE SAME TIME not the big issue here? It's like having 10 people staffed 24/7 at a nuclear plant to maintain functionality, and 8 out of the 10 decide to leave for lunch AT THE SAME TIME and you end up with a good 'ol russian time with the reactor going critical. That DOES NOT WORK and was irresponsible.

You clowns are some bold, ignorant, and mouthy people. This crap Faction Scorpion "ordeal" is a non-issue. The only issue I see here is that a bunch of whiny "entitled" children seem to think that Eve Online, a game popular for being unfair, should be fair. You kids need to step away from your computer for a minute and remember that CCP is not your company. You pay to play the game, and they aren't required to coddle you. The fact that they listen to you on some things is a perk of a decent company. If you don't like their game, leave.

You won't, ofcourse, because most of you scrubs are just full of hot air and mad about your "poor, pitiful pixel world". Get over it.

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#59 - 2013-10-09 06:09:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
IMO CCP should stop getting in those dire situations and learn to be transparent.

I can totally subscribe to the concept of: "XYZ fansite brings CCP NNN advertisment / revenue therefore we reward them". We live in a cold harsh universe - and I am referring to RL here - so I can see companies being money driven or influenced.

But this should be a process subject to something similar to a "fansite EULA".

Because SOMER is not the only case.

I own an official fansite as well, I know sometimes there are rewards for that and I actually feel it's fair to be rewarded for the long commitment and financial effort.

I found out that even "standard fansite rewards" are not published anywhere and when I honestly discussed about them in a trading chat I got people all sorts of reactions, some not distant from SOMER reactions.

At the time some even called me a liar for having said those rewards exist!

It's time CCP discloses their rewards policy.

I find it good to reward the deserving players but please do it in an systematic and open way!
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#60 - 2013-10-09 06:16:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
IDGAD wrote:

I'll try and explain it for you as best I can. First of all, you're using a fairly ridiculous metaphor.

CCP is a video game development company. They are not the operational staff of an extremely expensive and dangerous nuclear power plant.

This is a controversy about allegedly unfair gifting of virtual world items to members of a community gambling site. This is not a critical vulnerability to the company and game. It is not something to recall people from their legally guaranteed vacation time spent with their families. It is not a reason for anybody to demand CCP give up time with their wives husband and children so they apply ointment to somebody's sense of entitlement. It is NOT a reason to demand to know when CCP employees will be taking their vacation time.

There is legitimate cause for concern with the way some things were handled in this. Your questions and concerns will be answered in due time, after they have been thoroughly investigated, discussed, and vetted internally within CCP. When CCP is ready to communicate a formal response, you'll get it.

Until then, please stop acting like a petulant customer.

EDIT: For the record, IDGAD, it is practically impossible to provide an answer and solution that everybody will be satisfied, since 'everybody' does not agree or hold the same opinion on the matter.

Katrina Oniseki