These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ishukone Ships and Surrounding issues... Coming SOON (TM)

First post First post First post
Author
Abditus Cularius
Clancularius Industries
#261 - 2013-10-10 08:07:47 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Making the ones who bought the legitimate Scorps loses billions. By legitimate I mean those that were given them for actually doing something other than making trillions of isk through a betting website.

Please tell us about these scorpions that entered the economy through a method other than dev handouts for community sites or fanfest attendants.
Shai 'Hulud
#262 - 2013-10-10 08:13:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Shai 'Hulud
Erotica 1 wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
The only solution now is give a Ish Scorpion to everyone with a active account Lol

Making the ones who bought the legitimate Scorps loses billions. By legitimate I mean those that were given them for actually doing something other than making trillions of isk through a betting website.

Having a look at their site they're also offering free blinks if you buy a GTC which is kind of weird since if I offered to sell something on the net with the chance to win isk that would be trading isk for real life money in a roundabout way.

That' an easy fix which I lay out here:

They can just issue the original owners of the Ishukone Watch Scorpion a free gold magnate. Present owners of gold magnates can be offered free all expense paid trips to Iceland to compensate. If said trip winners are already the recipient of an all expense paid trip to Iceland conflicting with identical dates, then there may be a $25k cash option, which should not be construed as CCP trading in game assets directly for cash. This is different. If one person is eligible for more than one $25k cash option, then the player may, at his sole discretion, add the cash awards then multiply by 2. There are limited prizes available. For a tie-breaker mechanism, we have decided to choose a random description of a corp. If your corp matches this random description, you will win. We just drew the criteria out of a hat. If the first word in your corporation starts with an S, you win. If there is a further tie... Oh **** it, if your corp is spelled Somer Blink, you win. Wow we have a winner. I can'[t believe it- it's a friend of mine. What are the odds, with all these safeguards we put in place?

I still don't get the requirement that I register on a third party website and give them my information to win a CCP prize. That would be like the president of the United States saying hey, this whole buying health insurance thing. Well, I have a buddy who works at XYZ Health Insurance Corp, and as president of the United States, I am telling you that the US government 100% supports this dude and knows he's a swell guy. So um, what you um need to um do is give my buddy all your personal info and I will enter you into a drawing to win free healthcare. Because of all the things this XYZ Health Insurance Corp does for the community, such as supporting the economy by buying TV ads, paying for lobbyists, etc, I am giving the employees of those companies free healthcare 100% funded by the dime of the taxpayer.

You are upset at that? Let me go talk to some high priced consultants and get back with you in the next um, well sometime, and I'll tell you what you want to hear after we do some poll testing. Um gotta run, don't forget to pay your taxes due soon!

edit* obviously I am kidding. But Andski and countless others have used analogies like this to drive the point home... the outrage is because of what was done not how it was communicated. Let's all understand that we can laugh about these things along with CCP and move forward. If anyone rage quits this game over a single decision or series of terrible decisions, instead of because they no longer like the... game.... then I don't know what to tell those people.

I stopped reading at "gold magnate"

No.

Edit: then I read some more and... P

The most useful slaves are those that believe themselves to be free

Isis Dea
Society of Adrift Hope
#263 - 2013-10-10 08:13:29 UTC
A Research Alt wrote:
CCP Manifest wrote:
I forgot to mention that I'll try to do some replying to this thread over the next few days, but can't quite make the promise that I'll be able to check in super often since, well, the point of this thread was to say we were busy working.

We will be rereviewing many a previous post, so don't feel a huge pressure to revoice your opinions here in thoughts it will be missed, although of course you are welcome to.

--Spawning people billions of ISK is wrong
--Spawning people billions of ISK in the form of otherwise unobtainable ships is wrong
--Spawning people billions of ISK because they are already super rich is wrong
--Spawning people billions of ISK secretly is wrong
--Somer Blink is not a community website
--Somer Blink is not a charity
--Somer Blink is a business
--"We got away with it before" is not an acceptable reason to continue doing the wrong thing
--There were and are far more deserving people than Somer
--Said people do not deserve billions of ISK anymore than Somer did

THIS.

More Character Customization :: Especially compared to what we had in 2003...

Molica Iwaira
Perkone
Caldari State
#264 - 2013-10-10 08:51:21 UTC
Just BAN this insane illegal isk pumping abomination called gambling sites... All of them!

I cannot think of any other game balance breaker in such huge proportions than this - sadly - sanctioned and even rewarded form of "to your face" cheating.

How can CCP who is so meticulous about even tiny exploitations let this facade go - is beyond all reason.

Out of game skills of running an organized website to suck insane amount of isk with zero mastery of in game skills??

WTF??! This is exploitation!
Memnon Shepard
The Occupation.
#265 - 2013-10-10 09:02:01 UTC
I think out of game rewards/incentives need to be used exclusively going forward. As much as I've tried to wrap my head around in-game gifts being used I can’t see it working without changing the game economy, power balances, etc. Even if it is in a minuscule way and limited to one microcosm of the game (best case scenario), it can’t be done without somehow warping what should be a player-controlled universe. I’m glad to see CCP is now interacting with the community and addressing the issue. The silence had me scared over the past few days!
Kalindra Chan
#266 - 2013-10-10 09:17:50 UTC
Molica Iwaira wrote:
Just BAN this insane illegal isk pumping abomination called gambling sites... All of them!

I cannot think of any other game balance breaker in such huge proportions than this - sadly - sanctioned and even rewarded form of "to your face" cheating.

How can CCP who is so meticulous about even tiny exploitations let this facade go - is beyond all reason.

Out of game skills of running an organized website to suck insane amount of isk with zero mastery of in game skills??

this!

thank you Molica!

I'm a trap!

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#267 - 2013-10-10 09:18:49 UTC
Molica Iwaira wrote:

that was funny. thanks Lol

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Prince Kobol
#268 - 2013-10-10 09:24:11 UTC
Molica Iwaira wrote:

Please explain why it is both insane and illegal without all the hyperbole and frothing at the mouth.
Kalindra Chan
#269 - 2013-10-10 09:57:37 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Molica Iwaira wrote:

Please explain why it is both insane and illegal without all the hyperbole and frothing at the mouth.

Insane, because of the huge amount of isk being made (shifted between players) without doing anything <- the scam (not illegal though)

Illegal, because you are not using the eve client but a "3rd party tool" which is not run by ccp

I'm a trap!

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#270 - 2013-10-10 10:12:46 UTC
Kalindra Chan wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Molica Iwaira wrote:

Insane, because of the huge amount of isk being made (shifted between players) without doing anything <- the scam (not illegal though)

you mean it's wrong if i send some ISK to my friend? ("...isk shifted between players without doing anything...")

Kalindra Chan wrote:
Illegal, because you are not using the eve client but a "3rd party tool" which is not run by ccp

you mean i should be banned if i talked with my friend about future loan using my TS3 server and not Eve Client? (ISK is being moved through Eve client for sure in both cases)

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#271 - 2013-10-10 10:17:39 UTC
Crasniya wrote:
As someone who knows of nobody who has received free secret stuff from CCP or anything remotely connected: Can we grow up please? So what, you didn't get a ship. Big whoop. They only affect the economy if you let them. Aka, if you choose to buy them. Otherwise, they're worth nothing more than the hangar shiny they're supposed to be.

Yep. And the minerals you mine are free! There's no such thing as opportunity cost or resale value!
Xtreem
Knockaround Guys Inc.
#272 - 2013-10-10 10:46:09 UTC
My main comment.

I understand CCP owns the sandpit that we have been provided to sculpt, we have so many ways to interact and to engage with other players, ship pvp, market pvp, traders, scammers the list is long so will cut it there.
Regardless of the ship, the want to reintroduce G-Vex or the much new IWS, CCP you must know what releasing that when you release more limited edition ships you devalue the stock of traders and make peoples prize bling pvp ships less valuable? Even more so when you do so behind the scenes so people do not even know who their things are devalued!

My question is, why give us the sandbox if you are going to kick over our sandcastles?
Azami Nevinyrall
#273 - 2013-10-10 10:50:37 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Vigilant wrote:
The only solution now is give a Ish Scorpion to everyone with a active account Lol

Having a look at their site they're also offering free blinks if you buy a GTC which is kind of weird since if I offered to sell something on the net with the chance to win isk that would be trading isk for real life money in a roundabout way.

That' an easy fix which I lay out here:

They can just issue the original owners of the Ishukone Watch Scorpion a free gold magnate. Present owners of gold magnates can be offered free all expense paid trips to Iceland to compensate. If said trip winners are already the recipient of an all expense paid trip to Iceland conflicting with identical dates, then there may be a $25k cash option, which should not be construed as CCP trading in game assets directly for cash. This is different. If one person is eligible for more than one $25k cash option, then the player may, at his sole discretion, add the cash awards then multiply by 2. There are limited prizes available. For a tie-breaker mechanism, we have decided to choose a random description of a corp. If your corp matches this random description, you will win. We just drew the criteria out of a hat. If the first word in your corporation starts with an S, you win. If there is a further tie... Oh **** it, if your corp is spelled Somer Blink, you win. Wow we have a winner. I can'[t believe it- it's a friend of mine. What are the odds, with all these safeguards we put in place?

I still don't get the requirement that I register on a third party website and give them my information to win a CCP prize. That would be like the president of the United States saying hey, this whole buying health insurance thing. Well, I have a buddy who works at XYZ Health Insurance Corp, and as president of the United States, I am telling you that the US government 100% supports this dude and knows he's a swell guy. So um, what you um need to um do is give my buddy all your personal info and I will enter you into a drawing to win free healthcare. Because of all the things this XYZ Health Insurance Corp does for the community, such as supporting the economy by buying TV ads, paying for lobbyists, etc, I am giving the employees of those companies free healthcare 100% funded by the dime of the taxpayer.

You are upset at that? Let me go talk to some high priced consultants and get back with you in the next um, well sometime, and I'll tell you what you want to hear after we do some poll testing. Um gotta run, don't forget to pay your taxes due soon!

edit* obviously I am kidding. But Andski and countless others have used analogies like this to drive the point home... the outrage is because of what was done not how it was communicated. Let's all understand that we can laugh about these things along with CCP and move forward. If anyone rage quits this game over a single decision or series of terrible decisions, instead of because they no longer like the... game.... then I don't know what to tell those people.

I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and **** a better argument then that!

Sointu Luonnotar
Doomheim
#274 - 2013-10-10 11:05:15 UTC
A Research Alt wrote:

--Spawning people billions of ISK in the form of otherwise unobtainable ships is wrong
--"We got away with it before" is not an acceptable reason to continue doing the wrong thing

QFT and you go guy and/or girl!
OldWolf69
EVE-RO
Goonswarm Federation
#275 - 2013-10-10 11:32:36 UTC
Sointu Luonnotar wrote:
A Research Alt wrote:

QFT and you go guy and/or girl!

Now that's how a True Alt speaks.Lol
Mishna Kharli
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#276 - 2013-10-10 12:12:46 UTC
I really hope this won't be a $ 1000 Jeans "clarification".
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#277 - 2013-10-10 12:43:15 UTC
The fact that it will be a "clarification" rather than a correction of a mistake is bad enough.

I don't need you to clarify anything, I can see what you did. I don't like what you did. You can't clarify me into liking it.
DNSBLACK
Dirt Nap Squad
#278 - 2013-10-10 13:01:47 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
The fact that it will be a "clarification" rather than a correction of a mistake is bad enough.

I don't need you to clarify anything, I can see what you did. I don't like what you did. You can't clarify me into liking it.

I think there are a lot of people who feel exactly this way. I happen to be one of them.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#279 - 2013-10-10 13:24:19 UTC
Betty Bly wrote:
Seems relevant...

LOL nice
Disdaine
#280 - 2013-10-10 13:47:11 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Betty Bly wrote:
Seems relevant...

LOL nice

What an absolutely brilliant piece of satire. I share your sentiments, as I was sitting in my office and happened to peruse this most skillfully produced image macro I couldn't help bet give voice to the merriment contained within. I then shared this most hilarious of images with my co-workers and they too were unable to constrain their mirth.

Truly this is one picture that makes you LOL as you would put it.

Roll