These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Best Non-Pirate L4 boat?

Author
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#41 - 2013-12-19 16:15:24 UTC  |  Edited by: seth Hendar
Reginald Canterbury wrote:
I mean, I see a lot of people who use Ravens for L4s, myself included (at least I did back then), but then it got me thinking: is the Raven really the absolute best L4 boat?

Currently, I am training for an Apocalypse Navy Issue but I'm having second thoughts. I'm not sure if I should just drop the training queue for it and just work on getting a full T2 Raven Navy Issue. Any thoughts?

Oh, and Machariels are out of the question. At least for the meantime.

ishtar is very good, provided you know how to handle it.

dual armor rep for safety, shield if you want efficiency (shield one might have trouble for some like world collide tho, be carefull)
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#42 - 2013-12-19 17:22:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Kitty Bear
Dextrome Thorphan wrote:
Kitty Bear wrote:
T2 Raven should be more than good enough.
Train for the apoc afterwards as well anyway, extra options are always useful.

T2 raven? You mean faction raven, right?

No, I mean an ordinary Raven kitted out with Tech 2 Mods
it's cheap and it will get the job done

Pirate BS or Marauders are overkill for L4's
if your main concern is isk/hr then they are the route to go
Faction BS are somewhere between the two in performance.
if your on a budget or not overly concerned about isk/hr then plain vanilla BS's are your better go to choices.

So if your looking for a progression route, as better funds become available over time
BS -> Faction BS -> Marauder/Pirate BS
T1 Mods -> T2 Mods -> Faction Mods -> Officer Mods

the important thing to remember, each time you move along either of the progression paths, you become a better choice of target for becoming a gank victim.
IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#43 - 2013-12-19 18:15:21 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
CNR is "best" due to damage selection, missile velocity bonus (reduces volley counting), a 25% built in rigor bonus that works at any range unlike TPs, can field sentry drones, etc.. However, it's fitting is pretty tight (i.e. difficult without high skills and faction/deadspace mods.) It has no open high slot for a tractor beam.

The fitting is tight but not that bad. I use all T2 except the CN BCS and deadspace shield booster. Both of those are almost required IMO if you want to do lots of missions. The BCS are pricy now so 3 will set you back about 300 mil. You can always use T2 for the 4th. The deadspace booster can set you back another 300 mil but again well worth it. I do miss the utility slot for a tractor beam.
Previous page123