These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Kate stark
#1381 - 2013-10-08 11:23:24 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
BOO HOO CCP spawned some useless ships again. That's cute.

that's also not the issue.

Doesn't matter wether the issue is that CCP secretly donated them or if it's the monetary value of said items. They suck, they are not T2 BPO's that u actually can put to good use.

You are free to leave. Cancel your accounts, buh bye.

you're also free to read the thread and try and understand the issue. although considering you've just told me to cancel my accounts even though on the previous page of the thread i've made a post about not doing so; i'm assuming reading isn't your strong suit.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#1382 - 2013-10-08 11:23:45 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

CCP manifest specifically stated that:

Quote:
The IshScorp was never meant to be limited at all or "capped" at a certain number--hence why it only refines for 1 Trit and is worse gameplay-wise than the normal Scorpion. There will be more given out in the future by the comm team and others (I will likely give out some some via social and through PR) and I am sure the price will go down--kinda like the pirate noobie frigs we gave out at events.

You all should get out more. This only hurts people who invested in Ish scorps thinking they'd get more valuable. Bad investment, happens all the time.

Also, do you really think Chribba hasn't received ANYTHING at all from CCP for all his work? Really? REALLY? Are you really that dumb to think that SOMER is the only organization that has gotten recognition from CCP over the years?

Move on.

Way to completely miss the point.
Steve Lau
Doomheim
#1383 - 2013-10-08 11:27:24 UTC
I love EvE but this makes me question playing in the long term future which is what I had planned. -.-
Lady Areola Fappington
#1384 - 2013-10-08 11:29:44 UTC
My perspective on the whole scorp giveaway...

CCP has shown the ability to add "trinkets" to the game pretty easily. Things like the christmas collectables, the upcoming in-game trinkets from collectors edition purchase.

Why not quickly toss in a "SOMER Blink Appreciation" collectible/trinket? CCP gives it's "thank-you", it's worthless to the vast majority of folks, and SOMER employees have that token of gratitude.

I mean, TBH, I'd rather have something like that, over what amounts to a quick ship re-skin. Kind of shows a little more "we care" , if you get my drift.

I guess the key part though, was "Worthless to anyone but the people who earned it"....

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Steve Lau
Doomheim
#1385 - 2013-10-08 11:31:53 UTC
corbexx wrote:
so are we attually going to get a ccp responce?

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaa. So young and innocent.
Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1386 - 2013-10-08 11:34:22 UTC
Mra Rednu wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

Quote:
The IshScorp was never meant to be limited at all or "capped" at a certain number--hence why it only refines for 1 Trit and is worse gameplay-wise than the normal Scorpion. There will be more given out in the future by the comm team and others (I will likely give out some some via social and through PR) and I am sure the price will go down--kinda like the pirate noobie frigs we gave out at events.

You all should get out more. This only hurts people who invested in Ish scorps thinking they'd get more valuable. Bad investment, happens all the time.

Also, do you really think Chribba hasn't received ANYTHING at all from CCP for all his work? Really? REALLY? Are you really that dumb to think that SOMER is the only organization that has gotten recognition from CCP over the years?

Move on.

Please do explain what I missed then mr Wise as$.

My interests include but are not limited to throwing rocks at bee hives.

There are more stars in the universe than all of the grains of sand on earth.

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#1387 - 2013-10-08 11:34:51 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

Doesn't matter wether the issue is that CCP secretly donated them or if it's the monetary value of said items. They suck, they are not T2 BPO's that u actually can put to good use.

I think there's a bit of brown on your nose.
Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1388 - 2013-10-08 11:38:06 UTC
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

I think there's a bit of brown on your nose.

Yea, and I can taste the salt in your tears from half way across the globe.

Can't tell the salt percentage though. Are they super salty or just so-so?

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#1389 - 2013-10-08 11:41:30 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

I'll answer if you gift me an Ishk Scorpion. I hear they are worthless, so you can easily afford one.
Kate stark
#1390 - 2013-10-08 11:43:12 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

the fact that it sets a precedent of CCP giving anything they want, to any one they want, whenever they want, without a word about it.

if you don't see the potential issue there then i don't know what to say to you, there's no way to rephrase it with words using less syllables.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

John Tomplin
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1391 - 2013-10-08 11:48:43 UTC
Well I am at least happy for the Fiction contest for the time being, Somer has given EVE that at least.

Just because you have a keyboard in front of you doesn't mean you have to be an angry name calling Grinch. You hurt my feelings, and I need to discuss my feelings with my bear.

This thread has deteriorated. See you on the next one.

http://thearchertheteacher.blogspot.ca/
Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#1392 - 2013-10-08 11:48:46 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Mra Rednu wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

Quote:

Move on.

You clearly missed the point where this is NOT about Somer but about CCP handing people game changing amounts of isk just because........
Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1393 - 2013-10-08 11:50:57 UTC
Mra Rednu wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Mra Rednu wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

Quote:

Move on.

You clearly missed the point where this is NOT about Somer but about CCP handing people game changing amounts of isk just because........

Game changing amounts of isk? 600 bil? Are you insane?

I'd completely understand if this was BPO's because people want bpo's. Who, in their right mind buys a Ish Scorp? Prices on those will drop rapidly now that CCP has stated that they will be given out again.

They are only worth isk to collectors, to me, they are garbage.

Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1394 - 2013-10-08 11:52:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Mycool Jahksn
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

the fact that it sets a precedent of CCP giving anything they want, to any one they want, whenever they want, without a word about it.

if you don't see the potential issue there then i don't know what to say to you, there's no way to rephrase it with words using less syllables.

They didn't give out BPO's man. They gave out painted scorps that isn't worth more than a regular scorp. In fact, even less because they refine into 1 trit. BIG difference.

Sure, it was bad that it was done under the radar but, the ships are useless. Do try to realise that. Also try to realise that this doesn't mean that CCP is giving out T2 BPO's to shady organizations. Please do remove your tinfoil hat.

Kate stark
#1395 - 2013-10-08 11:54:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Kate stark
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

They didn't give out BPO's man. They gave out painted scorps that isn't worth more than a regular scorp. In fact, even less because they refine into 1 trit. BIG difference.

Sure, it was bad that it was done under the radar but, the ships are useless. Do try to realise that. Also try to realise that this doesn't mean that CCP is printing T2 BPO's to shady organizations. Please do remove your tinfoil hat.

i see you still can't grasp the issue even though i've clearly explained it to you.

tip: nobody gives a **** that blink got scorpions.
i mean, ccp could have given goons nyxes and the issue still wouldn't be that goons had nyxes.

Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1396 - 2013-10-08 11:56:46 UTC
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

I'll answer if you gift me an Ishk Scorpion. I hear they are worthless, so you can easily afford one.

I would but since you obviously can't afford one of your own, I won't. In my world poor = dumb.

Dumb people will always waste the money one way or the other.

Kate stark
#1397 - 2013-10-08 11:58:00 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

I would but since you obviously can't afford one of your own, I won't. In my world poor = dumb.

so in your world; who do you owe vast sums of money to?

Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1398 - 2013-10-08 11:58:37 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

Sure, it was bad that it was done under the radar but, the ships are useless. Do try to realise that. Also try to realise that this doesn't mean that CCP is printing T2 BPO's to shady organizations. Please do remove your tinfoil hat.

i see you still can't grasp the issue even though i've clearly explained it to you.

tip: nobody gives a **** that blink got scorpions.
i mean, ccp could have given goons nyxes and the issue still wouldn't be that goons had nyxes.

And you still can't grasp the fact that CCP can do whatever they want without your permission. If you don't like it; leave. You don't want to cancel your accounts, fine. Then accept the situation and move on.

seany1212
M Y S T
#1399 - 2013-10-08 11:59:50 UTC
I'll add another person to the 'I'M AGAINST CCP GIVING SOMER FREE GOLDEN TICKETS' pile.

I do feel on behalf of CCP this is pure favoritism, to create the most expensive EvE gift to date and to give it out to a relatively recent community entity.

EvE has been around for over 10 years and in that time there have been countless community based projects, going off their own back, of which i don't believe have had such a CCP boost as this.

If it's the case that gifts are being handed out to community based projects shouldn't Chribba be given a monumental gift for all his community work all this time? Or the guys at EvE radio? or EOH poker crew?

I'm all for giving community projects rewards but it needs to be an open-to-the-public deal that the public decides on, if it's the community that got that entity to the place where they are now then it should be the community who decides should be rewarded not CCP. If others have been rewarded for their contributions can we not have a blog release to list those too?
Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1400 - 2013-10-08 12:00:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Mycool Jahksn
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

so in your world; who do you owe vast sums of money to?

Obviously not to a real life welfare case like yourself.

Whining about a company spawning fictional items in a spaceship game without your permission, crying about that. You are so petty. Get a life bro.