These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1321 - 2013-10-07 23:18:27 UTC
Orakkus wrote:
CCP rewarded Somer for their contributions to our community.
What contributions are those?

Quote:
This is not an issue.
This is not even bad.
Then neither was T20. Favouritism is favouritism is favouritism. Just because they've made a habit of it doesn't mean it's suddenly something else.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#1322 - 2013-10-07 23:21:26 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Orakkus wrote:
What contributions are those.

ships/skills/etc...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Axhind
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#1323 - 2013-10-07 23:24:04 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Axhind wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69 wrote:
How have we gone 60 pages without a response?

Because CCP knows they are in the wrong.

Kinda obvious after the reactions to Somer give away a week or so ago. Must be why they tried to keep the scorp thing secret. It's kinda like governments. I find out they are doing **** and then instead of stopping the full on ****** action they try to keep it secret in the future.

Sadly for CCP we can refuse to give them money.

scorpions happened first, however it has only become common knowledge a few days ago.

Great. So Scorpions was not enough and CCP had to give them new unique ships to give away and get even more customers.
That makes a lot of sense, after there is such a lack of useful player made services that their only option was a gambling site that is making mad isk as it is.

Sometimes I wonder what the hell is going on at CCP. All the good work Fozie and co are doing gets ruined by the few devs who seem to have issues with ethics.
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#1324 - 2013-10-07 23:33:15 UTC
That's it !

The solution to the problem is to create a player division supported by CCP.

Players can ask for funding, in return for content. A fitting minimum requirement to apply
would be a plan of what the funds would be used for.

The People (simply add a specific forum) and/or CCP can review these plans
and then grant or deny funding.

Players who actually create content, also find supporting individuals.

If a player misuses the funds, he can simply be banned and the ISK pulled off.

This way, those worthy can be found easily and supported individually.

I know at least one guy, who isn't you or anybody not reading this,
who could put this to very, very good use.

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#1325 - 2013-10-07 23:33:57 UTC
Axhind wrote:
Sometimes I wonder what the hell is going on at CCP. All the good work Fozie and co are doing gets ruined by the few devs who seem to have issues with ethics.

Keep supporting Fozzie and Rise in their quest to make this game not suck!

Despite the rest of the companies best efforts.

Not today spaghetti.

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1326 - 2013-10-07 23:39:20 UTC
Solstice Project's Alt wrote:
That's it !

The solution to the problem is to create a player division supported by CCP.

Players can ask for funding, in return for content. A fitting minimum requirement to apply
would be a plan of what the funds would be used for.

The People (simply add a specific forum) and/or CCP can review these plans
and then grant or deny funding.

Players who actually create content, also find supporting individuals.

If a player misuses the funds, he can simply be banned and the ISK pulled off.

This way, those worthy can be found easily and supported individually.

I know at least one guy, who isn't you or anybody not reading this,
who could put this to very, very good use.

Here's a better idea. How about CCP stops f*king with the sandbox, and lets people create their own content and make their own money themselves?
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#1327 - 2013-10-07 23:49:52 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Orakkus wrote:

ships/skills/etc...

lol

The Tears Must Flow

Argus Sorn
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#1328 - 2013-10-08 00:24:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Argus Sorn
Hilmar, why have you abandoned us?!?!?!

Seriously tho, need some words from CCP on this, no?

We shooting the monument yet? Probably not, I think most of us who "get it" are too sickened by this one to even engage in such frivolity. Seriously, makes monocles look like a bump in the road...
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1329 - 2013-10-08 00:25:56 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Orakkus wrote:

ships/skills/etc...

lol

Hahaha

oh wait, you were serious

is that what ccp told you?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Argus Sorn
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#1330 - 2013-10-08 00:28:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Argus Sorn
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Orakkus wrote:

ships/skills/etc...

lol

Hahaha

Listen, I learned how to play eve from SomerBlink. It is simple:

You form a corporation in EVE and make a ton of isk, and then CCP Navigator will think you are really awesome for the game. I mean how could you not be? You make a lot of isk and run nifty lotteries, so you must be good for the game.

So:

CCP Navigator gives you more isk. You win!

Lesson: CCP rewards those who win at eve with more winning at eve. But only as long as you are 100% trustworthy, like good old SomerBlink.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1331 - 2013-10-08 00:32:48 UTC
Argus Sorn wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Tippia wrote:

ships/skills/etc...

lol

Hahaha

Listen, I learned how to play eve from SomerBlink. It is simple:

You form a corporation in EVE and make a ton of isk, and then CCP Navigator will think you are really awesome for the game. I mean how could you not be? You make a lot of isk and run nifty lotteries, so you must be good for the game.

So:

CCP Navigator gives you more isk. You win!

Lesson: CCP rewards those who win at eve with more winning at eve. But only as long as you are 100% trustworthy, like good old SomerBlink.

Sounds about right.

To play eve online properly you gotta play ccp real life

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#1332 - 2013-10-08 00:46:51 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
To all the people trying to dismiss those of us who are complaining, proclaiming us "childish", suggesting that we don't understand that it's "just a game" and that CCP have "every right" to do this...

I'll let you in on a little secret: We know it's a game. It's one of our little hobbies. We compete with each other for fun. We understand that EVE, and what happens in it, in the grand scheme of things isn't of great importance to our lives. We get that.

But it is a fun little hobby of ours, and if it's being messed with, we kinda don't like that.

Let's go with an analogy: Plenty of people play football (soccer) against their friends as a hobby. Nothing of great importance resides on the outcome, and they're in it just for fun. Now lets say that during a friendly match, just for a fun past time, the referee decides that one team is getting handed 3 extra goals. Just because he can do that. People wouldn't like that, and they'd stop playing with that referee.

People would be upset. And it's not because we are mistakenly attributing too great of an importance on what is just a hobby, it's not because we're childish and upset that the other group won... it's because, at the end of the day, such actions reduce the fun we had with that activity. It's that simple. It makes it not as fun any more. If the interference happens enough times, and to large enough degrees, we're going to move away from this particular fun past time onto one which is just more enjoyable.

I'm surprised this has to even be explicitly explained, I would have thought it rather obvious. Or maybe it is, and people are just trolling or trying to defend a company/game they're fans of from any criticism

Not empty quoting.

I am not an alt of Chribba.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1333 - 2013-10-08 00:48:02 UTC
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
To all the people trying to dismiss those of us who are complaining, proclaiming us "childish", suggesting that we don't understand that it's "just a game" and that CCP have "every right" to do this...

I'll let you in on a little secret: We know it's a game. It's one of our little hobbies. We compete with each other for fun. We understand that EVE, and what happens in it, in the grand scheme of things isn't of great importance to our lives. We get that.

But it is a fun little hobby of ours, and if it's being messed with, we kinda don't like that.

Let's go with an analogy: Plenty of people play football (soccer) against their friends as a hobby. Nothing of great importance resides on the outcome, and they're in it just for fun. Now lets say that during a friendly match, just for a fun past time, the referee decides that one team is getting handed 3 extra goals. Just because he can do that. People wouldn't like that, and they'd stop playing with that referee.

People would be upset. And it's not because we are mistakenly attributing too great of an importance on what is just a hobby, it's not because we're childish and upset that the other group won... it's because, at the end of the day, such actions reduce the fun we had with that activity. It's that simple. It makes it not as fun any more. If the interference happens enough times, and to large enough degrees, we're going to move away from this particular fun past time onto one which is just more enjoyable.

I'm surprised this has to even be explicitly explained, I would have thought it rather obvious. Or maybe it is, and people are just trolling or trying to defend a company/game they're fans of from any criticism

people loved walk in station too
Not empty quoting.

Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#1334 - 2013-10-08 00:52:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
Alavaria wrote:

Sounds about right.

So THAT'S why E-Uni and RvB haven't been given rare and exclusive ships yet (that we know of).

Of course, knowing them, they'd just get them all blown up *shudder* instead of using them as isk windfalls, like they should.

I am not an alt of Chribba.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1335 - 2013-10-08 00:54:06 UTC
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
i have read some allegations that CCP Navigator previously worked for Somer blink. is there any confirmation on this?

Bring back Kugutsumen.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#1336 - 2013-10-08 01:07:58 UTC
How long will this thread last?

WILLING TO TAKE BETS!

maybe if I form a corp and take bets i'll get my own scorp P
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1337 - 2013-10-08 01:35:52 UTC
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog wrote:
Alavaria wrote:

Sounds about right.

So THAT'S why E-Uni and RvB haven't been given rare and exclusive ships yet (that we know of).

Of course, knowing them, they'd just get them all blown up *shudder* instead of using them as isk windfalls, like they should.

Well they could probably use them as a massive t1 frigate windfall.

I don't know how far it would go, but if it's like Rifters and stuff, pretty far. Much further than 1 trit.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1338 - 2013-10-08 01:36:16 UTC
Anomaly One wrote:
How long will this thread last?

WILLING TO TAKE BETS!

maybe if I form a corp and take bets i'll get my own scorp P

Only if it somehow gets people buying gtc from you instead of elsewhere

Kordran Ke'Azir
Evil Laugh Enterprises
B.E.A.R.S.
#1339 - 2013-10-08 01:41:59 UTC
Solstice Project's Alt wrote:
Anomaly One wrote:
Quote:
Your opinion is yours ... but saying that people are silly ...
... while at the same time admitting that you were like that ...
... "genuinely" ... makes you look like a questionable character in my eyes.
(i lack words to properly describe how i perceive this)

I used to do something that was stupid
I have grown out of it and realized I shouldn't do it so I no longer do this thing
It is no longer stupid?
Thanks ... i completely missed this other perspective.

A more extreme, but maybe easier to understand analogy would be this:

I used to do massive amounts of crack.
I realised (by growing up) that doing it was fricking stupid and was killing me so I stopped.
Does previously doing massive amounts of crack now stop me from telling people who still do massive amounts of crack that it's fricking stupid and is killing them?
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#1340 - 2013-10-08 01:59:30 UTC
Kordran Ke'Azir wrote:
A more extreme, but maybe easier to understand analogy would be this:

I used to do massive amounts of crack.
I realised (by growing up) that doing it was fricking stupid and was killing me so I stopped.
Does previously doing massive amounts of crack now stop me from telling people who still do massive amounts of crack that it's fricking stupid and is killing them?
How is that the same ?
EvE isn't killing you, so emotional attachement isn't bad per se.

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)