These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Kate stark
#101 - 2013-10-05 08:36:56 UTC
Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:
Oh look!

More Goons upset with CCP Favouritism towards a group that isn't them.

Surprised!

how about you hop down from the "grr goons" bandwagon and actually look at the topic you're posting about?

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Prince Kobol
#102 - 2013-10-05 08:37:10 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:

It's a goddamn lottery you numbskull. How hard is this to understand? It's a for profit lottery, the profits of which can be used to gain an advantage in the game, which is fine by itself, but should remove it from consideration as a "community site." Are you stupid? Because you are presenting a big pile of evidence here that you are stupid.

I declare this goonie to be seriously butt hurt :)
Prince Kobol
#103 - 2013-10-05 08:37:52 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
"Goons are mad about something, clearly I should take the opposite position even though on principle I'd probably agree otherwise."

Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:
Oh look!

Surprised!

Case in point.

Yeah but its true in this case :)
Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#104 - 2013-10-05 08:37:52 UTC
Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:
Oh look!

Surprised!

Thats fine but Goons probably provide ingame content to more players in a week than Somer ever have or ever will plus they got the same right to an opinion as anyone else.

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#105 - 2013-10-05 08:37:57 UTC
Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:
Oh look!

Surprised!

Followed by knee-jerk support of that group by others, also because it isn't them!

Haha, I can't even feign surprise at that, though.
Kate stark
#106 - 2013-10-05 08:38:52 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
"Goons are mad about something, clearly I should take the opposite position even though on principle I'd probably agree otherwise."

Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:
Oh look!

Surprised!

Case in point.

you say that like it's wrong to be upset when the developers of a game show unfair favoritism to a group of players.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

James Arget
Future Corps
Sleeper Social Club
#107 - 2013-10-05 08:39:44 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
It's a goddamn lottery you numbskull. How hard is this to understand? It's a for profit lottery, the profits of which can be used to gain an advantage in the game, which is fine by itself, but should remove it from consideration as a "community site." Are you stupid? Because you are presenting a big pile of evidence here that you are stupid.

I've added this link on to my post to address that particular argument: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2286976#post2286976

"CCP Phantom" wrote:
If you have something that affects a large part of the EVE community, is active already for a good amount of time and has received a lot of good feedback from the community, then chances are not bad that you will hear sooner or later from us.

We are not saying that SOMER blink is a scam or that SOMER blink is legit, however, we state that SOMER blink is an interesting initiative from within the EVE community that it is well received over the years.

If someone would invest that much time and energy to pull off a scam and is still going strong, well, then this would be quite an awesome story in itself and would deserve some spotlight. So, regardless if SOMER blink is a scam or not, the effort and energy put into this initiative together with the reception from within the EVE community fully justifies this broadened attention.

The EVE community is sparkling with interesting projects run by passionate and dedicate player and I am really happy about this fact. The more everyone knows about all these projects, the better it is in my opinion. Smile

Maybe you can be the next SOMER blink?

CSM 8 Representative

http://csm8.org

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#108 - 2013-10-05 08:40:26 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:
Oh look!

Surprised!

Case in point.

Uh...

Of course it's true.
You make it sound like we aren't making it very clearly known that CCP favoritism is exactly the problem.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Jaun Pacht-Feng
Doomheim
#109 - 2013-10-05 08:41:35 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:
Oh look!

Surprised!

Case in point.

Multiple threads

Posts on TMC with bad coding to figure out alts

Constant crying about any favouritism that's not directed towards them

Their true colors come out!

So please, continue to cry :grabs popcorn:

"Go Goon or Go Home"

Perfect description of the biggest problem with Eve. 

Prince Kobol
#110 - 2013-10-05 08:42:48 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:
Oh look!

Surprised!

how about you hop down from the "grr goons" bandwagon and actually look at the topic you're posting about?

Problem is, all this is just a goonies, well when I say goonies what I mean is Kittens being pissed that CCP have yet to create a statue in his honor in every system and have yet to rename Eve Online to "The Mittani is God Online"

The only reason they are going after Somer is because they can use the "They make a Profit" line and depict Somer as some Evil Organisation and make unproven accusations that its a cover for RMT.

The fact that Somer has donate hundreds of billions of isk to player sponsored events (more then any other entity in the history of Eve) is irreverent apparently.

Prince Kobol
#111 - 2013-10-05 08:43:38 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:
Oh look!

Surprised!

Case in point.

Uh...

Of course it's true.
You make it sound like we aren't making it very clearly known that CCP favoritism is exactly the problem.

Yes, your problem is that their supposedly favoritism isn't aimed at you Blink
Luigi Thirty
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#112 - 2013-10-05 08:44:03 UTC
I have created at least as much content in my vaunted Eve career as any Somer Blink payer outer has by enabling Internet gambling. Please provide me with several large space potatoes so that I may continue to provide such content.

Yours truly,
Luigi Thirty
Space Pilot of the Right Honorable Goonswarm Federation
Bronco Platz
Doomheim
#113 - 2013-10-05 08:45:01 UTC
Me and my Alts have brought a lot of Tritanium to the community. No, I don´t want an overexpensive Scorpion for every toon. One or two Plexes would be enough...

This signature is under NDA. Sorry.

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#114 - 2013-10-05 08:45:27 UTC
James Arget wrote:
Johnny Marzetti wrote:

I've added this link on to my post to address that particular argument: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2286976#post2286976

"CCP Phantom" wrote:
If you have something that affects a large part of the EVE community, is active already for a good amount of time and has received a lot of good feedback from the community, then chances are not bad that you will hear sooner or later from us.

We are not saying that SOMER blink is a scam or that SOMER blink is legit, however, we state that SOMER blink is an interesting initiative from within the EVE community that it is well received over the years.

If someone would invest that much time and energy to pull off a scam and is still going strong, well, then this would be quite an awesome story in itself and would deserve some spotlight. So, regardless if SOMER blink is a scam or not, the effort and energy put into this initiative together with the reception from within the EVE community fully justifies this broadened attention.

The EVE community is sparkling with interesting projects run by passionate and dedicate player and I am really happy about this fact. The more everyone knows about all these projects, the better it is in my opinion. Smile

Maybe you can be the next SOMER blink?

Oh look, a quote from CCP Phantom that shows a complete misunderstanding of the issue at hand. I remember when you couldn't open up these forums in your browser without seeing at least two of those. Thanks for showing us that the CSM really is worthless. Next time you go to Iceland, stay there.
Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#115 - 2013-10-05 08:45:33 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
http://themittani.com/news/ccp-secretly-gifted-somer-blink-ishukone-scorpions

There are no words for how incredibly low you've sunk, CCP.

CCP rewards a site that is incredibly popular with players (i have never played on the site but i hear people discussing their wins daily) and presumably makes CCP a lot of money via plex sales. Some of these plex would probably not have been bought had it not been for gambling losses.
So what we have here is a business paying a bonus to another business both of which are popular with a community that buy their products.
Everything beyond that is jealousy as we can see from the "why can't i have one too" comments everywhere.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#116 - 2013-10-05 08:45:57 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Yes, your problem is that their supposedly favoritism isn't aimed at you Blink

Of course, we can't possibly be angry about a ******* dumb change in CCP policy.
It has to be that we're upset about not getting spaceship

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#117 - 2013-10-05 08:47:08 UTC
"You're doing a great job lining your pockets with our subscribbers' RL monies, here have 30 billion ISK for each of your employees -signed, CCP Backlash".

What, oh what could go wrong? Lol

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Kate stark
#118 - 2013-10-05 08:47:58 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:
Oh look!

Surprised!

Problem is, all this is just a goonies, well when I say goonies what I mean is Kittens being pissed that CCP have yet to create a statue in his honor in every system and have yet to rename Eve Online to "The Mittani is God Online"

The only reason they are going after Somer is because they can use the "They make a Profit" line and depict Somer as some Evil Organisation and make unproven accusations that its a cover for RMT.

The fact that Somer has donate hundreds of billions of isk to player sponsored events (more then any other entity in the history of Eve) is irreverent apparently.

except they aren't going after somer, so i direct you back to the whole "look at the topic you're posting about" part.

LarcatOfZion
ANZAC ALLIANCE
Goonswarm Federation
#119 - 2013-10-05 08:50:23 UTC
Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:
Oh look!

Surprised!

You don't have to be a goon to see this is bulls**t
Zloco Crendraven
BALKAN EXPRESS
Shadow Cartel
#120 - 2013-10-05 08:50:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Zloco Crendraven
TBH it is not a problem that Sommer employes are given the scorpions. They well deserved it. The problem is that they keep such a politics secret. If they keep it secret than something is not all right, maybe similar sites are not getting any rewards and that can be interpreted as favoritism.

CCP just make your intentions clear and everything will be fine.

Sommer blink deserves rewards, just make it clear to everyone what are you doing.

BALEX, bringing piracy on a whole new level.