These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#1161 - 2013-10-07 15:42:54 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Tao Dolcino wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
whinging about whinging

If you have no opinion on the matter, then what are you expressing?

Blind obediance, passivity, lazyness to think, conformism, fatalism, bitterness... all the reasons why the corruption is so flourishing in our world.

Sounds good to me. Let's shut up now

Tao Dolcino wrote:
Jenn aSide, all what you are able to say is : flee (unsub) or shut up.

The true courage is to stand for what you think right.
I will unsub if there is nothing else left, but i don't want to give up without fighting.

This isn't some rpg where you can fight god

It kind of is you know ...

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1162 - 2013-10-07 15:43:30 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
"I don't care to understand the issues involved, I just know that people are always wrong when they're complaining about something." - Jenn aSide

You know better than that James. i do exactly understand the issue, and find that "issue" unworthy of anger be a grown man. If you don't like what is happening, don't be a whiney child about it.

Have the balls to unsub, walk away and don't give CCP your money and tell all your freinds to not play EVE online. But don't you try to look down on me because I'm not reacting immaturely like you are.

So assertive of your mature and developed apathy.

Here's a question.
When the **** did standing up for your principles become associated with childishness and immaturity?

eve online is real enough that it's like that

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Marius Evo
Crack Babies
#1163 - 2013-10-07 15:44:06 UTC
This whole thing just gives me a bad feeling... I think it's disappointment!
Kosakei Sanko
Interstellar Vacancy
Loose Affiliations
#1164 - 2013-10-07 15:51:01 UTC
Kosakei Sanko wrote:
I keep trying to reload this thread and an error occurs. Looks like the fallout has already started! Also, barring a complete boycott of both SOMER Blink and EVE Online, these threads will have virtually no impact on the relationship between SOMER Blink and CCP. Most of them are laughing all the way to the InterStellar banK (see what I did thurrrr?) The fact that there is so much outcry over this without a hint of official response from either party is proof that CCP doesn't give a **** about the situation as long as people keep forking over their real-life money every month.

Yes, I realize I keep posting even though I know it's pointless. I only do so because I seem to have picked up a Goon follower somewhere along the way...

60 pages in, still nothing.

Gimme a unique T2 Khanid battleship called the Castigator and I'd be willing to forget all this happened.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1165 - 2013-10-07 16:02:54 UTC
Kosakei Sanko wrote:
Kosakei Sanko wrote:
I keep trying to reload this thread and an error occurs. Looks like the fallout has already started! Also, barring a complete boycott of both SOMER Blink and EVE Online, these threads will have virtually no impact on the relationship between SOMER Blink and CCP. Most of them are laughing all the way to the InterStellar banK (see what I did thurrrr?) The fact that there is so much outcry over this without a hint of official response from either party is proof that CCP doesn't give a **** about the situation as long as people keep forking over their real-life money every month.

Yes, I realize I keep posting even though I know it's pointless. I only do so because I seem to have picked up a Goon follower somewhere along the way...

Not surprising at all

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#1166 - 2013-10-07 16:05:55 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Darek Castigatus wrote:
And what they gave out was a piece of crap that has no intrinsic value beyond what a bunch of collectors ascribe to it, so yeah I'm still with Jenn on this.

TLDR - Stop being dumb and people might stop pointing out you're being dumb.

Indeed. Stop being so dumb as to think that the intrinsic value (or lack thereof) is in any way relevant, and people might stop pointing out that you're being dumb.

Funny you should mention that since if thats true theres a hell of a lot of people on your side making the same mistake.

Tippia wrote:
So here's a few questions for those dismissing this issue…

What do you imagine the community reaction had been if, say, the Goons or Minerbumping had been the recipients? After all, what they're doing is rewarding community services and/or people sponsoring player events. Those two entities have created huge amounts of content through the events they sponsor.

What do you imagine the reaction from Somer had been if they had been offered 30 ibises? After all, these ships hold no intrinsic value and only refine to 1 ISK, the same as an IshuScorp.

What do you imagine the community reaction would have been if, say, the CSM was hand-picked by CCP and not publicly revealed? After all, that too is just a way to interact with the community but is somehow deemed necessary to surround with months of build-up and voting?

How appropriate do you feel it would be if the developers started to promote Cheetos® as a great way to pick up GTCs? You'd get one with the return of every 10 bar code cut-outs and you don't even need to eat them. Also, does this make fritolay.com a community site? After all, many EVE players probably use their products regularly.

Ill answer in the order you posted them

I would have been equally indifferent, neither of them is any more or less worthy in my eyes than Somer Blink is/was

Way to strawman Tippia, I expected better from you. But since you asked I imagine they would have not been very happy at being given something that has zero value even to a collector.

I would have spoken out against it, because its a dumb way to do something like that, but if they made a decision to do it that way I would accept that they have the right to do that and do my best to work within whatever guidelines they set for communication to still state my opinion that it's a dumb way to do it.

I wouldnt care that much since I despise the taste of cheetos thus would never buy them. The second part of the question is utterly irrelevant, we can post and comment as much as we want about what is or isnt a community site but in the end its down to the people who run the game, which is CCP.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#1167 - 2013-10-07 16:10:15 UTC
Kosakei Sanko wrote:
Kosakei Sanko wrote:

The miniboss doesn't appear until its 100 pages at least.

(just in case anyone thinks I'm a bit flippant I haven't really played eve since the big alliance favoring wardec fees fiasco but threw them another years sub for old times sake just in case certain devs left - this current business with the PR department giving player entities ridiculous sums of money is grotesque enough to convince me to find my password and post, because its so intrinsically antithetical to the notion of a genuine player led sandbox without overt CCP interference.)

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1168 - 2013-10-07 16:12:05 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Kosakei Sanko wrote:
Kosakei Sanko wrote:

(just in case anyone thinks I'm a bit flippant I haven't really played eve since the big alliance favoring wardec fees fiasco but threw them another years sub for old times sake just in case certain devs left - this current business with the PR department giving player entities ridiculous sums of money is grotesque enough to convince me to find my password and post, because its so intrinsically antithetical to the notion of a genuine player led sandbox without overt CCP interference.)

what is eve too real for you

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#1169 - 2013-10-07 16:14:48 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Jade Constantine wrote:
Kosakei Sanko wrote:
Kosakei Sanko wrote:

Not sure I understand the question?
(tbh though the eve is real tagline always left me a bit cold, I'm too British for rah rah emo advertising)

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1170 - 2013-10-07 16:28:22 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Jade Constantine wrote:
Kosakei Sanko wrote:
Kosakei Sanko wrote:

Not sure I understand the question?
(tbh though the eve is real tagline always left me a bit cold, I'm too British for rah rah emo advertising)

real life money via getting ccp gtc sales

eve online rewards

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1171 - 2013-10-07 16:29:02 UTC
Darek Castigatus wrote:
I would have been equally indifferent, neither of them is any more or less worthy in my eyes than Somer Blink is/was
…and given the general attitude towards goons and anti-mining activities, do you think that this is an opinion that many would share? Look back at all the noise generated whenever the goons take over a valuable part of space — replete with claims about them being given stuff. Now imagine if they actually had been handed stuff on the sly through actual dev fiat.

Quote:
Way to strawman Tippia, I expected better from you. But since you asked I imagine they would have not been very happy at being given something that has zero value even to a collector.
No. That's not a strawman. That's the actual argument they're using: that it's ok because it has no intrinsic value and no mineral contents. The argument is that they're not actually being given anything of value at all — that the 15–20bn they go for on the market is irrelevant because, hey, the ships is actually worthless.

They are wilfully ignoring the collector value, claiming that it's ok to give away half a trillion ISK worth of goods because that's not a “real” value, but one set by the players. Never mind that this holds true for all items in the game…

Now, I understand your reaction to that question because it definitely sounds utterly idiotic the way strawmen often do, but the problem is that I'm not actually inventing anything. The “it has no particular value” line of reasoning was in the official response! I'm pointing out that this is thoroughly disingenuous and that this is the only thing that supposedly makes it ok compared to, say, handing out a couple of BPOs…

Quote:
I wouldnt care that much since I despise the taste of cheetos thus would never buy them. The second part of the question is utterly irrelevant, we can post and comment as much as we want about what is or isnt a community site but in the end its down to the people who run the game, which is CCP.
The second part is highly irrelevant since that is the excuse being used in this case: that they deserve favouritism because they're an “awesome community site”. Never mind that many despise the taste of it and that it has nothing to do with the community. It's a commercial site for a business, designed to generate income.
Shai 'Hulud
#1172 - 2013-10-07 16:31:06 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Kosakei Sanko wrote:
Kosakei Sanko wrote:

Pretty much nailed it, imo.

All the sand has blown away... now it's just a box.

The most useful slaves are those that believe themselves to be free

Speedkermit Damo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1173 - 2013-10-07 16:31:45 UTC
It's all about Trust, or the lack of it.

CCP have been secretly handing out valuable ships to various players/organisations. Does anyone wonder who else may have been the lucky recipients of CCPs secret generosity? and to what extent?

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#1174 - 2013-10-07 16:34:08 UTC
Speedkermit Damo wrote:

CCP have been secretly handing out valuable ships to various players/organisations. Does anyone wonder who else may have been the lucky recipients of CCPs secret generosity? and to what extent?

Because of NDA

I am not an alt of Chribba.

Shai 'Hulud
#1175 - 2013-10-07 16:36:33 UTC
Speedkermit Damo wrote:

It has nothing to do with trust. If I trusted CCP more than I do, I still wouldn't want them handing out loads of isk to a group of players just because CCP likes their website.

The most useful slaves are those that believe themselves to be free

YesYes NoNoNo
Karmic Rebalance
#1176 - 2013-10-07 16:38:02 UTC
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog wrote:
Speedkermit Damo wrote:

Because of NDA

Swing and a miss!
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#1177 - 2013-10-07 16:41:20 UTC
YesYes NoNoNo wrote:
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog wrote:
Speedkermit Damo wrote:

Because of NDA

Swing and a miss!

Stop trying to make "Because of NDA" a thing. It will never be a thing.

I am not an alt of Chribba.

Speedkermit Damo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1178 - 2013-10-07 16:48:05 UTC
Might as well hand out free crap to all those other Jita scammers as well.

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Aurthes
Shadow State
Goonswarm Federation
#1179 - 2013-10-07 16:48:50 UTC
Curious as to why CCP has been avoiding this thread. This is Monday, and there have been some limited responses elsewhere, but not in their own forums, talking to their own players.
Bronco Platz
Doomheim
#1180 - 2013-10-07 16:53:24 UTC
Aurthes wrote:
Curious as to why CCP has been avoiding this thread. This is Monday, and there have been some limited responses elsewhere, but not in their own forums, talking to their own players.

Simply ignore the problem until it solves itself...

This signature is under NDA. Sorry.