These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1141 - 2013-10-07 13:54:15 UTC
Sexy Cakes wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

But at the end of the day, CCP is a company that neither you nor I own. The only thing they owe us is access to EVE online when we pay them our sub, and only so long as they offer EVE online as a service. God knows they've made move after move I've disliked in my 6 years of playing. If they do something I can't stand, Im simply going to quit and go play something else (like SC, since it's going to kill EVE anyway).

The posistion of the CSM members who are saying this is no big deal is correct. I'm not saying that because I'm getting anything for it (*me waits for Ishukone Scorp with ghetto rims from CCP*), but because I simply find all this crying unworthy of a mature community. It looks more like WoW forums around here than what you'd expect from a game populated by grown men.

Anyone who dones't like what the game company does should ball up and unsub and be done with it.

I think the main cause for outcry here is the repeated attempts by CCP to regain the trust they lost from incidents like BoB and Incarna.

Go back and read Hilmar's letter of apology after the 'Greed is Good' incident and take it into account with this situation.

Actions speak louder than words and this is a lot like what CCP does time and time again, favoritism for whatever reason without regards to the bulk of their playerbase.

If this was the first time something like this happened there would be whining but not of this magnitude.

Personally, I don't care how many times "it" happens. At the end of the day, I'm a customer, not a stock holder. If I owned stock in EVE and something they could do could cost me a real world , tangible loss, I'd be miffed a bit (right before I sold that stock to cut my losses), but that's as far as it would go.

I was critical of CCP during monocle gate, and afterwards after I had time to think about it, I backed up and said "why am I mad, it's not even my company". I decided then to stop letting BS of no importance evoke an emotional response from me. I said that next time I'll just do what any rational consumer should do if unhappy, i'll just leave.

I just hate to see so many good and smart people I know falling into that same emotional trap. Many of the posts on this forum about the issue amount to the exact same thing as the "i'm leaving and you can't have my stuff" posts people make....and then don't ever leave.
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#1142 - 2013-10-07 14:00:29 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

Personally, I don't care how many times "it" happens. At the end of the day, I'm a customer, not a stock holder. If I owned stock in EVE and something they could do could cost me a real world , tangible loss, I'd be miffed a bit (right before I sold that stock to cut my losses), but that's as far as it would go.

I was critical of CCP during monocle gate, and afterwards after I had time to think about it, I backed up and said "why am I mad, it's not even my company". I decided then to stop letting BS of no importance evoke an emotional response from me. I said that next time I'll just do what any rational consumer should do if unhappy, i'll just leave.

I just hate to see so many good and smart people I know falling into that same emotional trap. Many of the posts on this forum about the issue amount to the exact same thing as the "i'm leaving and you can't have my stuff" posts people make....and then don't ever leave.

Society has become so anti-confrontational that people have to vent all the angst from not being able to say the things they wish they would have/could have said in the most recent human interaction into a venue that allows them to speak their mind with no repercussions.

I think the point James is trying to make is that commenting on people posting under such behavior is your typical response to any and all issues that pop up on GD and its a bit played out and moot.

TLDR: Stop posting

Not today spaghetti.

Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1143 - 2013-10-07 14:02:45 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

So - you don't care. Can you post some more about it?
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#1144 - 2013-10-07 14:05:10 UTC
Ra Jackson wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

S/he is mature man,grow ups don't care.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1145 - 2013-10-07 14:06:15 UTC
Ra Jackson wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

i don't care about your petty issue.

I do care about the many good people I've met on this forum and in this game, and would hope they'd learn to put things in better context.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1146 - 2013-10-07 14:09:27 UTC
Sexy Cakes wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Society has become so anti-confrontational that people have to vent all the angst from not being able to say the things they wish they would have/could have said in the most recent human interaction into a venue that allows them to speak their mind with no repercussions.

I think the point James is trying to make is that commenting on people posting under such behavior is your typical response to any and all issues that pop up on GD and its a bit played out and moot.

TLDR: Stop posting

i'll post until CCP (the owner of the forums) takes away my privilage (not "right") to post.

Where I'm from, we call em like we see em, and all this boo-hooing is worthy of ridicule, so I'm gonna ridicule it. Don't like it, don't read it (or change the behavior you demonstrating thus taking away the reason for the ridicule).

Some of you feel the need to stand up to the "unfairness". Fair enough. I've feel the need to poke fun at you with my more mature friends here.
Le Petite More
Doomheim
#1147 - 2013-10-07 14:15:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Le Petite More
I think the fact that this is the only issue I have found that makes me post on these forums is proof that people are not just whining about everything. The methods of people trying to defend CCP here reek of immaturity and desperation because the people know they are in the wrong.

No one has yet answered my earlier post about why this issue is so wrong with a rebuttal. All we get is ad hominem attacks, frm the CSM no less, and dismissal that we are just whining. While yes this is CCP's game I am the consumer and therefore my opinion should matter to them.

Here is a good analogy for this situation. You have started a successful business but have several competitors in town. The town government decides to award one of those competitors with money because they put up an ad for their business. The government claims this was a community service. Would you be upset?

Yes you would because CCP is in the wrong. They are breaking the sandbox, showing favoritism, and devaluing the work of everyone in EVE who improves the community.

Yes CCP has given out stuff before, to real community organizations that spend their own time for no reward to organize something for the entire player base. Then they give those items in public with a clear explanation of why. They have done none of those things this time.
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#1148 - 2013-10-07 14:19:36 UTC
And what they gave out was a piece of crap that has no intrinsic value beyond what a bunch of collectors ascribe to it, so yeah I'm still with Jenn on this.

TLDR - Stop being dumb and people might stop pointing out you're being dumb.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1149 - 2013-10-07 14:22:56 UTC
Summary:

Jenn aSide wrote:
I don't care about the matter and prefer to make fun of people that do care. But don't you try to look down on me because I'm not reacting immaturely like you are.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1150 - 2013-10-07 14:26:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Darek Castigatus wrote:
And what they gave out was a piece of crap that has no intrinsic value beyond what a bunch of collectors ascribe to it, so yeah I'm still with Jenn on this.

Indeed. Stop being so dumb as to think that the intrinsic value (or lack thereof) is in any way relevant, and people might stop pointing out that you're being dumb.

Jenn aSide wrote:
Where I'm from, we call em like we see em, and all this boo-hooing is worthy of ridicule, so I'm gonna ridicule it. Don't like it, don't read it (or change the behavior you demonstrating thus taking away the reason for the ridicule).

Some of you feel the need to stand up to the "unfairness". Fair enough. I've feel the need to poke fun at you with my more mature friends here.

I take that where you're from, there are no adults, since behaving like a 10-year old counts as “mature”?
I also take it that you need a visit to your local optometrist, because you're calling things something they're not.
Kuni Oichi
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1151 - 2013-10-07 14:28:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Kuni Oichi
Darek Castigatus wrote:

You don't really get how the economy works, do you?

The value of ships rises and falls based on the value ascribed to them. Likewise with everything else. Ships which are perceived as good can have a higher value than ships perceived as bad. Likewise the rarity of minerals increases their value.

The Revenant is by no means the best Supercarrier, but its rarity ensures it is far more 'valuable' than other Supercarriers.

And as with that, a painting by Monet only has value because of 'what a bunch of collectors ascribe to it', but only an idiot would try to argue that it wasn't valuable.

TLDR - Stop being dumb and people might stop pointing out (that) you're being dumb.
Eram Fidard
Doomheim
#1152 - 2013-10-07 14:58:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Eram Fidard
Is there a blue post somewhere in the last 40 pages or should I not bother?

Poster is not to be held responsible for damages to keyboards and/or noses caused by hot beverages.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1153 - 2013-10-07 15:09:45 UTC
Kuni Oichi wrote:
Darek Castigatus wrote:

You don't really get how the economy works, do you?

The value of ships rises and falls based on the value ascribed to them. Likewise with everything else. Ships which are perceived as good can have a higher value than ships perceived as bad. Likewise the rarity of minerals increases their value.

The Revenant is by no means the best Supercarrier, but its rarity ensures it is far more 'valuable' than other Supercarriers.

And as with that, a painting by Monet only has value because of 'what a bunch of collectors ascribe to it', but only an idiot would try to argue that it wasn't valuable.

TLDR - Stop being dumb and people might stop pointing out (that) you're being dumb.

fiat value, real value is 1 tritanium

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1154 - 2013-10-07 15:26:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
So here's a few questions for those dismissing this issue…

What do you imagine the community reaction had been if, say, the Goons or Minerbumping had been the recipients? After all, what they're doing is rewarding community services and/or people sponsoring player events. Those two entities have created huge amounts of content through the events they sponsor.

What do you imagine the reaction from Somer had been if they had been offered 30 ibises? After all, these ships hold no intrinsic value and only refine to 1 ISK, the same as an IshuScorp.

What do you imagine the community reaction would have been if, say, the CSM was hand-picked by CCP and not publicly revealed? After all, that too is just a way to interact with the community but is somehow deemed necessary to surround with months of build-up and voting?

How appropriate do you feel it would be if the developers started to promote Cheetos® as a great way to pick up GTCs? You'd get one with the return of every 10 bar code cut-outs and you don't even need to eat them. Also, does this make fritolay.com a community site? After all, many EVE players probably use their products regularly.
Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#1155 - 2013-10-07 15:28:04 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
whinging about whinging

If you have no opinion on the matter, then what are you expressing?
Sugar Von MurdererTits
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#1156 - 2013-10-07 15:31:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Sugar Von MurdererTits
Darek Castigatus wrote:

Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it -- Publilius Syrus

I picked that up playing Civ IV. Cool
Tao Dolcino
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1157 - 2013-10-07 15:36:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Tao Dolcino
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
whinging about whinging

Blind obediance, passivity, lazyness to think, conformism, fatalism, bitterness... all the reasons why the corruption is so flourishing in our world.

Jenn aSide, all what you are able to say is : flee (unsub) or shut up.

The true courage is to stand for what you think right.
I will unsub if there is nothing else left, but i don't want to give up without fighting.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1158 - 2013-10-07 15:37:58 UTC
Tao Dolcino wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
whinging about whinging

Blind obediance, passivity, lazyness to think, conformism, fatalism, bitterness... all the reasons why the corruption is so flourishing in our world.

Sounds good to me. Let's shut up now

Tao Dolcino wrote:
Jenn aSide, all what you are able to say is : flee (unsub) or shut up.

The true courage is to stand for what you think right.
I will unsub if there is nothing else left, but i don't want to give up without fighting.

This isn't some rpg where you can fight god

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1159 - 2013-10-07 15:39:12 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
"I don't care to understand the issues involved, I just know that people are always wrong when they're complaining about something." - Jenn aSide

You know better than that James. i do exactly understand the issue, and find that "issue" unworthy of anger be a grown man. If you don't like what is happening, don't be a whiney child about it.

Have the balls to unsub, walk away and don't give CCP your money and tell all your freinds to not play EVE online. But don't you try to look down on me because I'm not reacting immaturely like you are.

So assertive of your mature and developed apathy.

Here's a question.
When the **** did standing up for your principles become associated with childishness and immaturity?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

sally Deninard
mss industry
#1160 - 2013-10-07 15:41:12 UTC
Is it true we`re all going to get an Ishukone tritanium?
Pls say yes Navigator P