These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Kate stark
#841 - 2013-10-06 12:42:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Kate stark
Desert Ice78 wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
you've missed the point again.

ccp secretly handing any group of players a bunch of isk for any reason is unacceptable. tell me i'm wrong, i dare you.

Like the Alliance Tournament prizes? Your wrong, and I do not say that because I'm afraid of the inevitable war-dec I would otherwise get from Pandemic Legion, Hydra and VoC when, due to a player outcry, CCP have to take back all their prizes.

i'm sorry, since when were AT prizes secrets?
and since when were ccp able to just give AT ships to whoever they liked?

when you compare apples to oranges, and tell everyone they're pears don't be surprised when people look at you like you're a complete fool.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#842 - 2013-10-06 12:42:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
Desert Ice78 wrote:
Kate stark wrote:

ccp secretly handing any group of players a bunch of isk for any reason is unacceptable. tell me i'm wrong, i dare you.

Like the Alliance Tournament prizes? Your wrong, and I do not say that because I'm afraid of the inevitable war-dec I would otherwise get from Pandemic Legion, Hydra and VoC when, due to a player outcry, CCP have to take back all their prizes.

Did you just compare a tournament requiring skill having a prize to a racket for the stupid being given hacks? Its official you're absolutely brain dead.
Malthuras
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#843 - 2013-10-06 12:42:33 UTC
CCP you are seriously getting beyond stupid, and the community deserves an answer for this dumb move. Looks like you're about to have another jita protest incoming.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#844 - 2013-10-06 12:43:56 UTC
Desert Ice78 wrote:
Kate stark wrote:

CCP don't hand pick a particular corporation and secretly hand them prizes in the AT

Who the AT prizes go to is entirely dictated by the players themselves - it is their organisation into alliances, their practice, their tactics, even their spying and meta-gaming that decide the outcome. It isn't ccp going "hey I like you guys, heres hundreds of billions of isk"

are you trolling or do you seriously not see the difference
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#845 - 2013-10-06 12:45:13 UTC
Quote:
your absolutely brain dead

Din Chao
#846 - 2013-10-06 12:45:18 UTC
Desert Ice78 wrote:
Kate stark wrote:

Like the Alliance Tournament prizes?

Secret and selected vs. announced and won. It's very simple and you're very dense.
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#847 - 2013-10-06 12:46:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
No, he's not trolling. He's a product of the American education system. Because quite honestly only our country could produce someone so profoundly proud of their own ignorance.
Kate stark
#848 - 2013-10-06 12:48:58 UTC
governments shut down, and all hell breaks loose?

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Azami Nevinyrall
#849 - 2013-10-06 12:55:11 UTC
Might as well get my .02 ISK into this argument...

I'll firstly admit what CCP did was wrong, favoritism in anyway isn't cool! BUT, if you look at what was given away /exactly/ what was given away. Then I'll be honest to say all I see is a bunch of kids crying!

If it was a game changing element to a SOV holding corp/alliance/coalition, ok, burn this ****** to the ground! Now sit back and think about it for all of 1 minute, they gave 30 NERFED BSs (same stats as original, different skin, refines into 1 trit.) to a non-combat entity that in NO WAY HAS BEEN PROVEN TO FILTER ISK TO A COMBAT ENTITY AND IS INVOLVED IN RMT!
Then people do have a point that they're worth some ISK, that will go down in price with every ship introduced into the game. AND CCP has stated to be doing this more in the future, so the prices will go down even further. But it's not even a game changer with the ISK of the ships. Why? Look at then entity that they were handed to! filthy ******* rich people! I know some SOMER Directors IRL, I can vouch they're not doing any RMT and the amount of ISK they have...this is just a drop in the pond!

I strongly believe that CCP went through all of SOMERS accts with a fine tooth comb. If anything caused a red flag to be raised, this would never happen!

With alot of people doing IRL stuffs for people, and improving the community, which is all cool! Believe you me! They should get something ~cool~ aswell, but I think CCP already has something in the works!

I have to admit, SOMER does alot!

Their site is top notch, they've never ripped off ANYONE! (Looking at you GSF here, even being allies, I get you ******* still trying to rip me off and scam me.) and they always deliver in a insanely fast fashion.

Also, one thing that everyone fails to notice, one simple little thing. CCP can literally do whatever they want with this game and everything inside it! We all agreed and signed to the Terms and Conditions for this game.

Quote:
10. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS

B. Rights to Certain Content

You have no interest in the value of your time spent playing the Game, for example, by the building up of the experience level of your character and the items your character accumulates during your time playing the Game. Your Account, and all attributes of your Account, including all corporations, actions, groups, titles and characters, and all objects, currency and items acquired, developed or delivered by or to characters as a result of play through your Accounts, are the sole and exclusive property of CCP, including any and all copyrights and intellectual property rights in or to any and all of the same, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.

WE all agreed to the terms and conditions, which includes this...

TL:DR

- SOMER is a good entity that does alot for the community in the way of donations, and they drive the sale of PLEX!
- It's unfair and they showed favoritism to a group with shinys. BUT what the group received and who the group is, it really doesn't bother me the slightest. AND IT IS NOT A GAME CHANGER
- CCP can do what they want, by the Terms of Service that we all signed, we said it was OK to do so! (Granted that it's not a game changer in anyway!)

/rant........troll away, this is my .02 ISK and I stand by this and will not be replying!

flakeys
Doomheim
#850 - 2013-10-06 12:55:43 UTC
Caliph Muhammed wrote:
No, he's not trolling. He's a product of the American education system. Because quite honestly only our country could produce someone so profoundly proud of their own ignorance.

TEAM AMERICA **** YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Kate stark
#851 - 2013-10-06 12:58:56 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
If it was a game changing element to a SOV holding corp/alliance/coalition, ok, burn this ****** to the ground!

that's actually exactly the point. if we say it's ok for them to give it to somer that means we, by extension, say it's ok to hand ANYONE isk under the table.

it's not who it was given to, it was how it was done and the slippery slope it represents.

Din Chao
#852 - 2013-10-06 12:59:42 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
...I don't understand the economy of EVE...

Fixed.
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#853 - 2013-10-06 13:01:14 UTC
Caliph Muhammed wrote:

http://goo.gl/LMbMol

http://goo.gl/Mlko5N

http://goo.gl/2pY1sp
Amhra Rho
Accujac Elimination
#854 - 2013-10-06 13:01:46 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Might as well get my .02 ISK into this argument...
. . .
/rant........troll away, this is my .02 ISK and I stand by this and will not be replying!

There's so much fail here it's hard to know where to start. I'll just say it's dead wrong at 40 different levels and let the rest of the community fill in the details.

There's real reasons why your Eve character doesn't do /dance.

Bronco Platz
Doomheim
#855 - 2013-10-06 13:01:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Bronco Platz
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
NO WAY HAS BEEN PROVEN TO FILTER ISK TO A COMBAT ENTITY AND IS INVOLVED IN RMT!

Becaus CCP said so? Or did you audit them yourself? Thereby I belive, even CCP didnĀ“t a deep audit.
And you know fur sure, that the "employees that get the ships have no alts in SOV-Holding Corps? And use the ISK they get from selling the gift for it?

This signature is under NDA. Sorry.

flakeys
Doomheim
#856 - 2013-10-06 13:06:44 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:

I strongly believe that CCP went through all of SOMERS accts with a fine tooth comb. If anything caused a red flag to be raised, this would never happen!

I dunno what's more hillarious , people being surprised CCP does these ''secret deals'' or the guy above who thinks CCP could not possibly be doing this blindly ....

My 2 cents on the matter , i don't give a toss what they do as i stopped giving a toss about them a long time ago.As long as something doesn't interfere too much with my game and i keep enjoying it then i don't give a damn , the moment this stops i'll just unsub and move on.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#857 - 2013-10-06 13:11:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Epic fail

Again I ask can CCP do what it wants and retain a paying customer base? I don't think so. The EULA means jack. Having the playerbase pay for the sub means everything and the EULA can't enforce that.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#858 - 2013-10-06 13:13:06 UTC
so much about honesty, but what would you expect from a game where scamming is allowed and favoured... liars dig their own graves, just wait and see...
Amhra Rho
Accujac Elimination
#859 - 2013-10-06 13:17:17 UTC
The bad news is that CCP surreptitiously gave SOMER Blink Ishukone Scorpions x30. The good news is that CCP just gave me tritanium x30 which (according to CCP) is worth the exact same thing!

There's real reasons why your Eve character doesn't do /dance.

Axhind
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#860 - 2013-10-06 13:27:39 UTC
Good to see same old CCP. Favouritism, ruining the sandbox and the extreme ostrich syndrome. They think that if they ignore it players will get less pissy?

Not sure what CCP thinks makes us play EVE but they can be sure that ruining the sandbox with favouritism is not going to bring more players or keep them current ones.