These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#641 - 2013-10-06 00:18:41 UTC
Large Collidable Object wrote:
Gogela wrote:
I

Some of you are bats*** crazy. You can't compare a skinjob scorp and a T2 BPO before invention. The latter fundamentally changed the balance of power. The former is a princess dress.

Get over it.

No - you really can't - a T2 BPO having been given out to a single entity is unheard of, meaning there is a limitless supply of the product from various entities which provides competition.

Giving out unique ships (which are speculation objects) to rmt-laundring parasites like Somer is not even the same league as T20.

It's just so much worse...

welll there is your logic problem you assume its a speculation object... well from ccp action its not... so stop thinking it is.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Montmazar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#642 - 2013-10-06 00:18:46 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:

I think you're being trolled.

This is the thread in which pubbies everywhere try to troll the evil evil goonies, apparently. Fortunately, ISD is on the case and really cracking down on the HAHAHAHAHA
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#643 - 2013-10-06 00:18:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
MeBiatch wrote:
and there lies the joke. there is no issue.
…so (former) BoB should get their BPOs back.
Kosakei Sanko
Interstellar Vacancy
Loose Affiliations
#644 - 2013-10-06 00:20:13 UTC
Anomaly One wrote:
well if they are equal or even less in efficiency of normal scorpions and refine to 1 trit then there's not really any big deal.. the price of 12 bill is not CCP fault but rather the idiots who are buying it at that price... if the community had stand together ingame they would have put up 1 isk buy order just to **** them up but they deemed a reskin worth of 12 bill for a not that much limited ships P

The problem is that CCP already knew that these ships were super valuable. At the core of this issue is still the fact that, regardless of their corporate aspirations, the people at SOMER are still players. The supposedly impartial devs/GMs/nerds went into this transaction knowing the value of these ships, knowing the somewhat dubious history of SOMER Blink, and having already entered into a semi-partnership with them over GTCs. At its core, EVE is about the acquisition of ISK, through every player's preferred means. Players will say that it's about PvP, piracy, exploration, or countless other reasons, but all those are a means to an end. By directly aiding other players by giving them extremely valuable in-game property, they altered game mechanics. Whereas other players would have to work just to get enough money to buy that ship, then hope that it increases in value, the players at SOMER essentially received free ISK from officials who have a limitless supply. It's that simple. The programmers helped the players, and that's just wrong. I don't know why it's so hard for people to see. It would be like the commissioner of your favorite sport stepping in and giving certain teams free points every week; it leaves everyone else at a disadvantage. It's making me question why I came back, which is a shame because I really love this game.

Gimme a unique T2 Khanid battleship called the Castigator and I'd be willing to forget all this happened.

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#645 - 2013-10-06 00:22:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
MeBiatch wrote:
welll there is your logic problem you assume its a speculation object... well from ccp action its not... so stop thinking it is.

So if CCP spawned every Goon a (special faction) titan that was 95% as efficient as a regular Titan but didn't refine into anything / the wreck can't be salvaged, then there's no issue there, right?

Not sure if you're a dumb person trolling, or a very dumb person talking from the heart.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#646 - 2013-10-06 00:24:11 UTC
Nobani wrote:
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
Montmazar wrote:
Gogela wrote:

Some of you are bats*** crazy. You can't compare a skinjob scorp and a T2 BPO before invention.

You can compare them just fine if they are worth similar amounts of space money.

Space money comes and goes. Obvious in game advantages for having free tools to make ISK (T2 blueprints) stay for good. An argument that in game item that gives the direct in game advantages is the same as a vanity pantjob Scorpion (which isn't much of a ship anyway) is trolling at best and you know it.

You might have a point if items were account bound in EVE. But items can be exchanged for something known as "ISK" which can then be used to buy other items, a 20b supposedly rare spaceship equivalent to a 20b BPO.

Even if the final value of the Scorpions is 10k ISK it doesn't matter, since they can be sold NOW.

The owner of the ship will not have any advantage over other players in the game by using the given item and can not create value based on real profitability of the usage of Ishukone Scorpion. At least the painted Scorpion will not give an advantage over any other user of any other Scorpion in the game.

On the other hand, T2 blueprints have a real value when used. You can calculate the pure profit of using the t2 blueprints by calculating the difference between having to use datacores and invention to just using t2 original and saving time and investment ISK (datacores, POS fuel for creating t1 copies and invention).

This is the difference between a vanity item with purely speculative price and an in-game advantage item.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#647 - 2013-10-06 00:27:37 UTC
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
The owner of the ship will not have any advantage over other players in the game by using the given item

Pretty sure 20billion ISK being handed to you is 'an advantage'

Try again?

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#648 - 2013-10-06 00:28:53 UTC
help help help my purely vanity item is shooting missiles and jamming people help help this isn't meant to be

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#649 - 2013-10-06 00:29:19 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

So if CCP spawned every Goon a (special faction) titan that was 95% as efficient as a regular Titan but didn't refine into anything / the wreck can't be salvaged, then there's no issue there, right?

Not sure if you're a dumb person trolling, or a very dumb person talking from the heart.

actually i would not mind that at all... every goon stuck in a titan.

you guys would quit out of boredom in a week.

and 10 000 is different then 30... silly bee.

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#650 - 2013-10-06 00:29:27 UTC
Like maybe just google 'vanity' first idk might help

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#651 - 2013-10-06 00:30:54 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

30 represented their whole 'corp' much like 10k represents us.

Fair is fair.

But since you're now agreeing that we should be given 10,000 titans rather than back down from your stupid position, we can safely assume nothing you say is of any value.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#652 - 2013-10-06 00:30:54 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
help help help my purely vanity item is shooting missiles and jamming people help help this isn't meant to be

please be stupid enough to actually pay 20 billion for one and undock from jita saying you will jam every one... please.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#653 - 2013-10-06 00:31:42 UTC
Gotta love those people standing up for ccp

For your valuable contributions, have a (spawned item here)

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#654 - 2013-10-06 00:31:53 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

30 represented their whole 'corp' much like 10k represents us.

Fair is fair.

But since you're now agreeing that we should be given 10,000 titans rather than back down from your stupid position, we can safely assume nothing you say is of any value.

your alliance has 10 000 not your corp Roll

Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#655 - 2013-10-06 00:32:20 UTC
Came expecting to see CCP digging. Left shellshocked after seeing this.
Nobani
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#656 - 2013-10-06 00:32:27 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:

please be stupid enough to actually pay 20 billion for one and undock from jita saying you will jam every one... please.

Wait, I thought they weren't worth anything because they only refined to 1 trit? Why would anyone pay 20b for one?
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#657 - 2013-10-06 00:32:31 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Gotta love those people standing up for ccp

For your valuable contributions, have a (spawned item here)

meh your anger is the only reward i need.

Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#658 - 2013-10-06 00:32:50 UTC
i don't get it there a fancy ship that's worse than its T1 variant, and refines for ****.......From my point of view its the silly and secret way they decided to go about it that is the problem and makes no sense

If they had just turned around and yelled it out that these great fan are being rewarded that would encourage people to make even better ones.
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#659 - 2013-10-06 00:32:58 UTC
Compare a titan to a battleship.. maybe next compare 30 frigates to 30 titans "IT"S THE SAME THING" Straight
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#660 - 2013-10-06 00:33:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Anomaly One
Nobani wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:

Wait, I thought they weren't worth anything because they only refined to 1 trit? Why would anyone pay 20b for one?

edit: because they are mislead human beings