These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#441 - 2013-10-05 19:12:07 UTC
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
Eram Fidard wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
you know i do not agree with a single thing you said... sound like entitlement issues or you were just not breast fed long enough... but i do like your pashion... so plus one from me.

Gifting unprecedented value of assets to individual organisations goes against the fundamental principal of eve. I don't see the entitlement issues or the need for a mindless insult, but I do see you, spewing sarcastic poorly-spelled garbage.

Pretty sure mebiatch is just screaming some words he saw on fox news earlier this week...

I guess players getting pissy over CCP gifting trillions of assets to a particular group in direct conflict of their games "sandbox" buzzword is considered "entitlement issues". The truth is that me biatch lives in a different reality than most of us.

you do know i am powered by bitterness right?

seriously though they did not give them one iota of isk. thats a false cliam... what they did do was gift some players items that currently eve players are willing to pay 20 billion isk per ship.

you can see even from your reality the difference correct?

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#442 - 2013-10-05 19:13:04 UTC
bloodknight2 wrote:
So...

14b for a ship
14bb/580m = 24 months of plex.
How nice from CCP giving 2 years free to some players.

ok like when mittenz won all those plex for his epic story of disbanding BOB?

Josef Djugashvilis
#443 - 2013-10-05 19:14:19 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
[quote=Josef Djugashvilis]Dear Trebor, do try to keep up. It is not the secrecy etc that is the main issue, bad as that is. It is the fact that CCP is favouring a player corp.

Josef, baby, I love your work, but do try to keep up. This is not news. CCP gives free stuff to individuals and groups all the time. The difference here is that it wasn't made public (like fansite support is, or the free accounts CSM members get), it went to a group that runs an explicitly for-profit business, there is an appearance of favoritism, and it is coupled with the ship giveaway furore.

Dear Trebor, you will know you have caught up when you realize that CCP favouring any player or player corp in any, was wrong in the past, is wrong now, and would be wrong in the future.

Not that CCP are likely to discuss such matters with the CSM in any case.

This is not a signature.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#444 - 2013-10-05 19:14:32 UTC
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
[quote=Eram Fidard]
so no CCP did not give any play one isk.

Nope. They simply transferred 450b isk from rare ship collectors to SOMER Blink for free.

indeed. to which they will remain in my hold until fully fit with officer gear collecting dust.

so really again what is the problem... other then people upset they did not get nice things too.

Koby Botick
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#445 - 2013-10-05 19:14:42 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
bloodknight2 wrote:
So...

14b for a ship

Yes because a competition with anounced prices is totally the same as secretly gifting stuff to some chosen entity. Totally the same.
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#446 - 2013-10-05 19:14:58 UTC
uhm don't care this is why : Marlona_Sky

Going to go against the grain here, but I know for a fact Somer Blink has been a massive help in sponsoring countless player events. Player events that would most likely not happen without such sponsorship. Player events that generate a metric **** ton of content for the players. So to all of you raging in the comments section and other forums how Somer has not done anything or very little at all for the community; shut it.

I will sit back and wait for something official from CCP and the CSM in the mean time.
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#447 - 2013-10-05 19:16:47 UTC
Good thing we elected CSM members like Trebor to defend CCP against the demands of their paying customers no matter what, and to be really snarky about it, too.
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#448 - 2013-10-05 19:16:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Jerick Ludhowe
MeBiatch wrote:

you do know i am powered by bitterness right?

seriously though they did not give them one iota of isk. thats a false cliam... what they did do was gift some players items that currently eve players are willing to pay 20 billion isk per ship.

you can see even from your reality the difference correct?

I never said they gave them isk, i said they gave them trillions in assets, which they did do (between aur items and scorps). You can sit here and argue some freshman high school economic crap all you want. It does not change the fact that people will pay 10b-20b isk for these and blink will end up with FAR more isk than they had before the gifting. So yeah, you are very correct, ccp did not give them isk, but they sure as **** gave them assets wroth a butt load of isk.

Regardless of the semantics here mebiatch, what ccp has done here directly violates the idea of a sandbox. Btw, I'm talking about a figurative sandbox filled with internet spaceships and what not, not the literal kitty/child variety. Then again I guess there is no difference between figurative and literal in the English language anymore, so **** it.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#449 - 2013-10-05 19:17:13 UTC
Koby Botick wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
bloodknight2 wrote:
So...

14b for a ship

Yes because a competition with anounced prices is totally the same as secretly gifting stuff to some chosen entity. Totally the same.

how was it a competition when i even got a ping to vote for his stupid story... (i should get my alt out of the cfc)

Xaen
Telepathic Death Mimes
#450 - 2013-10-05 19:17:41 UTC
Johan Civire wrote:
uhm don't care this is why : Marlona_Sky

Going to go against the grain here, but I know for a fact Somer Blink has been a massive help in sponsoring countless player events. Player events that would most likely not happen without such sponsorship. Player events that generate a metric **** ton of content for the players. So to all of you raging in the comments section and other forums how Somer has not done anything or very little at all for the community; shut it.

I will sit back and wait for something official from CCP and the CSM in the mean time.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

—Mark Twain

I get shouty crackers a lot. Deal with it.

Anthony Blunt
Appenzeller Kantonal Bank
#451 - 2013-10-05 19:19:15 UTC
I just hope that CCP is making lots of money. Enough money to not to want to walk away from it. Because if it was my company I would seriously consider selling it to EA or Blizzard.

Sure pulling the plug would be nice but that would be like poisoning your puppy. Be careful of what you wish for.

"if you're not having fun in a sandbox, it's not the Sands fault" Jenn aSide

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#452 - 2013-10-05 19:21:59 UTC  |  Edited by: MeBiatch
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
Btw, I'm talking about a figurative sandbox filled with internet spaceships and what not, not the literal kitty/child variety.

by the way the eve comunity is acting you could have fooled me.

honestly guys... i am not even remotely upset about it... and i think you all need some time to cool off...

if this by any way inhibited my ability to log in to the game and blow up internet space ships... sure i would be with you... but in now way shape or form does this affect anyone. the only people who would have any right to be upset are those who won the ships back in fanfest.

thats it.

Montmazar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#453 - 2013-10-05 19:22:01 UTC
I don't get why people keep saying Coors is "just a corporation." They sponsor community events like concerts, they give out signs to people, and they even support political candidates to represent the community! What nice people! And don't they deserve help too?

Seriously the idea of Sommer being a "community service" is idiocy, and this event (just like the past event) is revealing how dumb some of the CSM is.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#454 - 2013-10-05 19:23:57 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Good thing we elected CSM members like Trebor to defend CCP against the demands of their paying customers no matter what, and to be really snarky about it, too.

ping myannna to go yell at him in skype then...

Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#455 - 2013-10-05 19:26:34 UTC
Montmazar wrote:
I don't get why people keep saying Coors is "just a corporation." They sponsor community events like concerts, they give out signs to people, and they even support political candidates to represent the community! What nice people! And don't they deserve help too?

Seriously the idea of Sommer being a "community service" is idiocy, and this event (just like the past event) is revealing how dumb some of the CSM is.

Well in murica Coors is considered an individual.
Loki Feiht
Pathfinders.
Shattered Foundations
#456 - 2013-10-05 19:27:22 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
bloodknight2 wrote:
So...

14b for a ship

yeah... i thought it was an ex bob director who did that ?

More NPC - Randomly Generated Modular Content thread https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=220858

ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#457 - 2013-10-05 19:28:18 UTC
A spamming post has been removed.

Forum rule 12. Spamming is prohibited.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

Sakaron Hefdover
Perkone
Caldari State
#458 - 2013-10-05 19:29:01 UTC
They simply should not be doing this, by giving people free stuff, they are ruining the ideal where you can achieve what ever you want with difficulty.
Bronco Platz
Doomheim
#459 - 2013-10-05 19:31:13 UTC
The fight of the Year is starting in a few minutes. If it is over, I want to read 3 pages more. Better hurry, Povetkin goes KO in round 2. ;)

This signature is under NDA. Sorry.

Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#460 - 2013-10-05 19:33:03 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:

Trebor, our valiant protector, only he can protect us.
Oh Trebor, DO something.

Or you can continue to be a worthless politician.