These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#281 - 2013-10-05 14:39:59 UTC
Koby Botick wrote:
Scatim Helicon wrote:
This appears to be further confirmation that T20s historical actions are now official, sanctioned CCP policy.

No not official. CCP does not endorse officially. That's why they are supposed to keep this silent and under the radar.

The Ishukone Scorpion giveaway, if verified, was covert and unofficial. The Guardian-Vexors and Gold Magnates, later switched to enhanced SOE ships and Fanfest trips, were proudly announced in public statements by CCP.

On both occasions the same player-group benefitted, which only leaves it to be confirmed - is it CCP's policy to play favourites with Somer Blink and Somer Blink only, or will they be providing similar benefits to any and all 'content generators' within Eve?

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Kuni Oichi
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#282 - 2013-10-05 14:40:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Kuni Oichi
Angel Korstar wrote:

This post is well thought out and makes a point, thanks for looking beyond my knee jerk reaction. Might the gift giving possibly be a reward for all the plex that might (or might not) be purchased from CCP to gamble with? Honest question.

In essence at that point CCP is giving kickbacks to a company for spending RL money on the product. Now that's something that happens in several industries and in a real world business is often characterised as corruption (a rebate of $100 for buying a server is very different to this and would depend on assorted factors but for me the fact it was secret and underhand certainly suggests a lack of probity from the people involved).

Moreover, were that to be the case, where are the kickbacks for TEST (back when they were huge) or the CFC, or Brave Newbies and RvB, or Eve Uni, or EveMon for helping to stop people quit because of Eve's terrible certs that are near-useless for planning a training plan. Or Eve Fit for letting us work out what to blow up in, or...etc. etc.

Once again there are far, far more worthy recipients than Somerblink, unless of course this is outright a kickback to say thanks to Somerblink for generating more revenue. In which case I think ethically there's a line that's been crossed there, and moreover it suggests the degree of gambling addiction with somer blink is far higher than I thought (though it certainly exists, having encountered two people who spend far more rl money than they can afford because they 'might win that rorqual').

Nevyn Auscent wrote:

As if TMC are wrong on any of their details, they will have actually stepped over the line and opened themselves to Litigation given the tone of the article as it didn't call for an investigation into if the rumours are true, but actual action on the assumption the rumours are true. And as such is DELIBERATELY trying to harm CCP's business by using an unverified story. Something that is illegal in a great many countries and newspapers that publish such poor journalism calling for 'action' on rumour often get sued successfully.

You're taking the contrary assumption 'but what if it isn't true, then...' without yourself providing any evidence for your assertion, so you're simply rabble rousing here. But let's look at the article's language and see what it has to tell us:

TMC wrote:

CCP Navigator apparently furnished

So right from the first paragraph, we have that TMC is not stating that this categorically happened but that it 'apparently' happened.

This is described as a leaked email: http://i.imgur.com/Ekjk1sd.jpg

Here we have TMC concealing their sources, but providing the evidence to the reader so they can make their own deductions (something actual journalists do far too little of in the modern media age).

Then we have:
TMC wrote:
In an email exchange with TMC staff, SOMER Blink second in command Andrev Nox seems to confirm that the leaked mail is real. “CCP has been using the Ishukone Scorpions for community site rewards and ingame event giveaways for a while now, with Blink being neither the first nor the last in that program,“ he writes.

Once again the language is clear with regard to TMCs position on this.

TMC wrote:

To date, there have been no other public giveaways of the ship, meaning that SOMER Blink employees' private rewards may account for a quarter of the Scorpions Ishukone Watch in the game.

And again, TMC is making clear the publicly known facts while also covering that it may transpire that CCP has secretly been giving these ships away to other people as well.

And lastly, as many other people have managed to do, you could have directly asked Somer Blink representatives if it was true... From the chat discussion in their channel earlier following the news story breaking, you'd have had your answer already (hint, yes).

Edit: Forgot the most important part of criticising your argument, could you please demonstrate for the class where Sun Win called for any action? They did what news sites do around the world, they reported on an emerging story, they went to some length to make clear facts they knew from those which were believed or suggested. So given you now appear to have done exactly what you erroneously accused TMC of doing, I presume you'll be handing yourself over to the police of whatever jurisdiction it is you think those laws apply in?
Rob Crowley
State War Academy
#283 - 2013-10-05 14:41:08 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Of course all this rage will ensure that nobody gets anything in the future.
Well great, then it was good for something. In case you haven't noticed we want that nobody arbitrarily gets ingame stuff in the future.

Quote:
Life is not fair. Deal with it.
Oh look, it's that silly "argument" again from last thread. I don't care how fair life is. I care how fair Eve is. Cause that's what I'm paying for.
Literally Space Moses
Perkone
Caldari State
#284 - 2013-10-05 14:41:51 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Some real data. Not simply a name on a screenshot. Who could be any player behind that character now.
An opportunity for CCP to speak on it to present their view point.

Or are we now judge, jury & executioner now simply because The Mittani says CCP are evil today?
I'm sorry, I don't work like that. I actually work on facts, and allow people to defend themselves first.
Then I'll crucify them if it's justified AFTER they get the chance.

Not simply because one of the most biased EVE news sites with it's own major agenda decides to attack CCP's business.

Define "real data". I mean, we know it's true if the guy who is second in command confirmed it via PM.

And frankly, CCP does not have a reason good enough for me. I don't even need to read the article to know I'm quitting eve.

#T2013

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#285 - 2013-10-05 14:43:17 UTC
Koby Botick wrote:
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Kelby wrote:
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Can somebody please explain how this is not literally the same as T20?

I'm guessing because this is sanctioned unlike the T20 incident.

Yes. The T20 incident was the action of a rogue employee acting behind the backs of his colleagues.

This appears to be further confirmation that T20s historical actions are now official, sanctioned CCP policy.

No not official. CCP does not endorse officially. That's why they are supposed to keep this silent and under the radar.

I really like how they like and unofficially endorse SOMER blink which is a gambling outfit when there are jurisdictions where all gambling on the internet are forbidden and even so when they aren't the main function of some site/game. But for ccp this is just par for the course I guess.

i thought blink was 100% honest ccp endorsed?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Princess Bride
SharkNado
#286 - 2013-10-05 14:43:34 UTC
If it was not true, CCP would be posting the "NOT BE TOLERATED" blog already including the bans that resulted from such a blatant lie and slander.

But nothing.

But honestly, all of that aside, you guys have to try to remember that his is just a video game, and CCP runs it. They can do whatever they want, favor whomever they want, give and take whatever they want.

Somer Mahm is winning the meta game of Eve. Yes, that does mean you are losing. Cry me a river.

http://eveprincessbride.wordpress.com/

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#287 - 2013-10-05 14:45:14 UTC
Rob Crowley wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Of course all this rage will ensure that nobody gets anything in the future.
Well great, then it was good for something. In case you haven't noticed we want that nobody arbitrarily gets ingame stuff in the future.

Quote:
Life is not fair. Deal with it.
Oh look, it's that silly "argument" again from last thread. I don't care how fair life is. I care how fair Eve is. Cause that's what I'm paying for.

All I am doing is echoing the things that are said to noobs and carebears who get ganked.

Everybody has their limit for how much unfairness they can boost their self esteem with.

What I will now do is, not change my opinion no matter what you post.

I'm watching the people who normally have the upper hand in telling others how unfair things are, and relishing in it, and seeing them act like a 2-month missioner who just lost his first BS in Amamake.

Gotta be careful crossing the street lest you get hit by the whaaaaaaaaaaambulance.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#288 - 2013-10-05 14:46:33 UTC
Literally Space Moses wrote:

Define "real data". I mean, we know it's true if the guy who is second in command confirmed it via PM.

And frankly, CCP does not have a reason good enough for me. I don't even need to read the article to know I'm quitting eve.

If only there was some way we could read the persons PM's who confirmed it.
Almost like some way to try and catch spies, but in this case used to verify the spy was telling the truth.
If there was such a way, I think I would call it.... the API system. With a mask for Mail Messages.....

That's a pretty good verification at that point that the PM from the Somer Blink leader actually occurred.
Though that PM doesn't actually confirm the scorpions were issued.
That would need an Assets list verification..... Hmmm.......

So yea. Real Data. Provided using real systems, that actually exist. So we can all view the raw data ourselves and see the truth.
Arcueid Saber
Legio XCIX CA
#289 - 2013-10-05 14:48:40 UTC
Term of Service:

Quote:
You may not abuse, harass or threaten another player or authorized representative of CCP, including customer service personnel and volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to: filing support tickets with false information in an attempt to gain from it or have someone else suffer from it; sending excessive e-mails, EVE-mails or support tickets; obstructing CCP Employees from doing their jobs; refusal to follow the instructions of a CCP Employee; or implying favoritism by a CCP Employee.

Do not spell check Dev name.

Favoritism is toxic for a competitive sandbox game, CCP.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#290 - 2013-10-05 14:50:52 UTC
Arcueid Saber wrote:
Term of Service:

Quote:
You may not abuse, harass or threaten another player or authorized representative of CCP, including customer service personnel and volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to: filing support tickets with false information in an attempt to gain from it or have someone else suffer from it; sending excessive e-mails, EVE-mails or support tickets; obstructing CCP Employees from doing their jobs; refusal to follow the instructions of a CCP Employee; or implying favoritism by a CCP Employee.

Ban whoever wrote that article

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Rob Crowley
State War Academy
#291 - 2013-10-05 14:52:14 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
All I am doing is echoing the things that are said to noobs and carebears who get ganked.
You are aware we are talking about totally different degrees of fairness here? The referee actively influencing the game by supporting one side is very much different from one side in the game just outclassing the other side.

Quote:
I'm watching the people who normally have the upper hand in telling others how unfair things are, and relishing in it, and seeing them act like a 2-month missioner who just lost his first BS in Amamake.
I think you fail to take into account that I'm one of those hisec carebears. But don't let me interrupt your GRRRR GOONS ad hominem posts if you enjoy them so much.
A Research Alt
Perkone
Caldari State
#292 - 2013-10-05 14:52:45 UTC
"Let's just ban everyone and pretend this will go away"

yeah see how far that gets you CCP
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#293 - 2013-10-05 14:54:29 UTC
Arcueid Saber wrote:
Term of Service:

Quote:

You're not really implying anything any more if the subject outright says it himself… Blink
Helicity Boson
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#294 - 2013-10-05 14:56:34 UTC
A Research Alt wrote:

In fairness that is traditionally their MO.

...I would know.
Koby Botick
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#295 - 2013-10-05 14:56:45 UTC
The no favoritism thing is there since what the T20 times? And it turned out to be completely true and lead to the existence of the CSM. But that was a long time ago, perhaps it's time for a rematch or something.

CCP is literally crossing the rubicon. :golfclap:

Literally Space Moses
Perkone
Caldari State
#296 - 2013-10-05 14:57:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Literally Space Moses
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Literally Space Moses wrote:

If only there was some way we could read the persons PM's who confirmed it.
Almost like some way to try and catch spies, but in this case used to verify the spy was telling the truth.
If there was such a way, I think I would call it.... the API system. With a mask for Mail Messages.....

That's a pretty good verification at that point that the PM from the Somer Blink leader actually occurred.
Though that PM doesn't actually confirm the scorpions were issued.
That would need an Assets list verification..... Hmmm.......

So yea. Real Data. Provided using real systems, that actually exist. So we can all view the raw data ourselves and see the truth.

Who the **** is going to release their full API to you? (Spoiler: no one)

Also, the fact that Somer employees have confirmed it in their channel (pretty much any of them when asks) should be proof enough.

#T2013

Cameron Freerunner
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#297 - 2013-10-05 14:58:36 UTC
This is the time for those of you who feel strongly about this to take an action that CCP will understand. Log off.

The Goons are the one group that could organize such a thing and actually have an impact. Next week, beginning at 00:00 Friday, log off every CFC pilot for the entire weekend. With an entire coalition logged out, plus anyone sympathetic to it also logged out, maybe concurrent logon numbers will wake them out of their ******* stupidity. Nothing less will have any effect. As long as you keep logging on and providing content, CCP doesn't give a rat's ass what you think.
A Research Alt
Perkone
Caldari State
#298 - 2013-10-05 14:59:06 UTC
Helicity Boson wrote:
A Research Alt wrote:

In fairness that is traditionally their MO.

...I would know.

CCP never seems to learn, do they?
Vyktor Abyss
Abyss Research
#299 - 2013-10-05 14:59:06 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Can somebody please explain how this is not literally the same as T20?

As mentioned before this will be a 'CCP sanctioned' reward lol

Next:

CCP someone gets a smack on wrist
CCP PR dude releases statement to legitimise the stink - that smell is actually roses... Many players agree.
SB spins a 'we never wanted those gifts anyway' and refuse any new gifts in show of integrity/solidarity with CCP to placate players
CSM say well ok, so long as CCP are repentant and SB gained no advantage we'll go back to being useless CCP advisors
CCP reward SB anyway by next fanfest after stink dies down with some other 'deserved' reward

Yes I'm a cynical man.
Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#300 - 2013-10-05 15:00:16 UTC
Angel Korstar wrote:
All I see is greed and jealousy here, bunch of cry babies upset that they didn't get shiny new toys when the kid next to them did, and I guess The Mittani is starting to feel like he is being pushed away from the CCP golden teat by Somer. STFU GTFO but before you do please let the tears flow. Buckets at the ready.

Lets see: NPC forum troll stating everyone is jealous and crying. Mandatory mention of Mittani, everyone gb2wow.
Yes, everything is there.