These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Molic Blackbird
Orion Faction Industries
Orion Consortium
#241 - 2013-10-05 13:38:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Molic Blackbird
Entity wrote:
Interesting people don't even check facts before posting on a news outlet.

Autumnries Mahm is an impersonator, he has been spamming trade chat with a scam all of last two days.

RollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRoll

The impersonator is Autumnries Mahn. Notice the 'n' instead of an 'm' for the last letter. I'm pretty sure Autumnries Mahm is the real deal.
Din Chao
#242 - 2013-10-05 13:42:56 UTC
Molic Blackbird wrote:
Entity wrote:

Autumnries Mahm is an impersonator, he has been spamming trade chat with a scam all of last two days.

The impersonator is Autumnries Mahn. Notice the 'n' instead of an 'm' for the last letter. I'm pretty sure Autumnries Mahm is the real deal.

You are correct. http://evewho.com/pilot/Autumnries+Mahm
Kelby
#243 - 2013-10-05 13:48:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Kelby
I am outraged.... only because I'm jealous though lol Big smile

rabble rabble rabble
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#244 - 2013-10-05 13:48:42 UTC
Can somebody please explain how this is not literally the same as T20?
Kelby
#245 - 2013-10-05 13:49:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Kelby
Abdiel Kavash wrote:

I'm guessing because this is sanctioned unlike the T20 incident.
Kuni Oichi
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#246 - 2013-10-05 13:49:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Kuni Oichi
Entity wrote:

How have you managed to obtain all your items without being scammed out of billions?

You just accused https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Autumnries%20Mahm of being a scam, when in fact that's the CEO/Owner/rollingaroundinpilesofisk of Somer.

You should, instead, have been aiming your scam accusation at:

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Autumnries%20Mahn
and
https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Autumnries%20Mahnn

Then if we use a little basic comparison we'll see that the name linked on the TMC image of the eve mail directly matches that of the profile of the alt (or maybe alt, or possibly alt, or who knows what you can say with the new TOS) of Somerset Mahm.

To paraphrase, interesting (how) people don't even check facts before posting on a forum.
Prince Kobol
#247 - 2013-10-05 13:50:06 UTC
Gamer4liff wrote:
Hey yeah, I'm gonna say it again. If this kind of thing is as disgustingly commonplace as it looks, where the hell is Mitten's Ishukone Watch Scorpion? Goonswarm is responsible for a huge chunk of CCP's revenue after all, and runs the best news service via TM.com. What makes these chuckle-****s running a large lottery scam and a few community events more important to the eve community than the countless hours of gameplay content created by Goonswarm?

Shame CCP, for shame.

Every time you post you actually hurt the argument.. please stop
Prince Kobol
#248 - 2013-10-05 13:55:29 UTC
Doris Dents wrote:
Blanca Meadow wrote:
It's simple and easy.
Blink causes players to win/loose isk.
Players that lost isk, want to have isk back.
What's easiest way to have isk? Buy PLEX.
More isk lost on gambling=more PLEXes bought=more income for CCP.
It's not any 'CCP favrourite fansite', it's simply their best business partner, bringing income to CCP...

That's fine, give them a tour of the CCP offices, send them a megathron model, have them go drinking with their good buddy Navigator, give them actual cash. None of that would effect the integrity of the game we all pay for one way or another. Spawning masses of in-game crap might seem the quick, easy and low cost option but it hurts the EVE brand if the sandbox is a lie and we're actually playing a game with handpicked winners.

This is a good post as there are other means of thanking players for their work out of game and not adding more poop in the sand box so to speak.

By all means give those players who run these 3rd Party Sites, create 3rd party tools that enhances Eve for all players a token of thanks, but not something that can have an effect in game.

Models, game time automatically added to their account, an item of clothing.. It doesn't matter what it is so long as it is not something in game.

Also don't make a big secret of it. Do it in the open, make an event out if it so all players know that you will reward and give recognition to those who enhance Eve for all players.

Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#249 - 2013-10-05 13:58:32 UTC
If it sells PLEX then it didn't happen...
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#250 - 2013-10-05 13:59:03 UTC
Doris Dents wrote:

That's fine, give them a tour of the CCP offices, send them a megathron model, have them go drinking with their good buddy Navigator, give them actual cash. None of that would effect the integrity of the game we all pay for one way or another. Spawning masses of in-game crap might seem the quick, easy and low cost option but it hurts the EVE brand if the sandbox is a lie and we're actually playing a game with handpicked winners.

This fuckin legend right here gets itBig smile

Spot on and great post.
Angel Korstar
Blue Sun Mining and Exploration
#251 - 2013-10-05 13:59:34 UTC
All I see is greed and jealousy here, bunch of cry babies upset that they didn't get shiny new toys when the kid next to them did, and I guess The Mittani is starting to feel like he is being pushed away from the CCP golden teat by Somer. STFU GTFO but before you do please let the tears flow. Buckets at the ready.
Prince Kobol
#252 - 2013-10-05 14:03:46 UTC
Angel Korstar wrote:
All I see is greed and jealousy here, bunch of cry babies upset that they didn't get shiny new toys when the kid next to them did, and I guess The Mittani is starting to feel like he is being pushed away from the CCP golden teat by Somer. STFU GTFO but before you do please let the tears flow. Buckets at the ready.

Whilst I believe there is an element of this in this, it still doesn't detract from the fact that CCP has made a very big mistake here.

Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#253 - 2013-10-05 14:05:41 UTC
Angel Korstar wrote:

If all you see is greed and cry babies then you're officially ********. This was an IQ test and you have passed with a stunning score of mongoloid, congratz, I'm sure your mum would be proud.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#254 - 2013-10-05 14:05:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Doris Dents wrote:

Not empty-quoting.

At this point, I'm wondering what they'll seed the people who have been working on dotlan, battleclinic, EFT, EVEMon, Pyfa, EVEUni, Goons. I suppose Chribba should be given 7 unique ships — one for each insanely useful site he has contributed to the community.
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#255 - 2013-10-05 14:06:43 UTC
Kelby wrote:
Abdiel Kavash wrote:

I'm guessing because this is sanctioned unlike the T20 incident.

Yes. The T20 incident was the action of a rogue employee acting behind the backs of his colleagues.

This appears to be further confirmation that T20s historical actions are now official, sanctioned CCP policy.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#256 - 2013-10-05 14:09:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
Has this been dealt with yet?

Honestly I hope CCP does more of this. The oceans of tears from the same people who felt they were entitled to mess with everybody else's game is rather enjoyable to sail my Hate Boat on.

It's going to be good sailing

Anybody up for a regatta? We'll call it the Ishukone Cup.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#257 - 2013-10-05 14:10:27 UTC
Can't believe I'm saying this: unless this policy of in-game rewards is reversed, I'm letting my sub lapse at the end of the month.

I literally never imagined I would be one of ~those~ people, yet here I am. Well done, CCP.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Kuni Oichi
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#258 - 2013-10-05 14:10:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Kuni Oichi
Angel Korstar wrote:

All I see is someone who fails to make elementary deductive reasoning.

The issue is not that 'Goons didn't get shiny toys when the kid next to them did' the issue is that CCP is giving out toys at all (outside reasonable competition, such as alliance tournament etc. etc.). That's then compounded by the fact they're giving them to a gambling site that makes piles of isk and doesn't actually need the toys in the first place.

CCP gave billions of isk worth free stuff to players who 'work' for somer blink. They gave billions to trillions of isk worth of free stuff to Somer blink to do what they wanted with, which while they gave it away, still gave Somer Blink billions more profit that week.

While more obvious (which perhaps is the problem for some people not making the simple comparison and understanding of CCP's flawed ethics here), how would you feel if CCP was giving free stuff to (corporation you don't like who fights you and beats you because of CCP's free stuff)?

For the other eve lotteries, Somer Blink is the big company that not only has the bulk of the market, but gets bonus handouts and freebies from CCP to ensure it stays the big kid on the block.

CCP Navigator's decision making process on this issue, and whoever else in the company was involved in signing off on it, is entirely lacking in respect for the integrity of the game. It makes a mockery of the term 'sandbox' (already strained as it is in terms of Eve) and gives scant regard for the players who try to play by the rules. Given the near Godwinism of T20 whenever CCP does anything that looks in the slightest bit unethical, it should have been of little shock to them that them doing exactly what T20 did would cause people to think 'same old CCP, always cheating
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#259 - 2013-10-05 14:13:19 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

Honestly I hope CCP does more of this. The oceans of tears from the same people who felt they were entitled to mess with everybody else's game is rather enjoyable to sail my Hate Boat on.

Yeah, because players blowing up players is totally comparable to CCP giving hundreds of billions (probably trillions at this point) to a particular isk machine... Not..
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#260 - 2013-10-05 14:15:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

Yeah, because players blowing up players is totally comparable to CCP giving hundreds of billions (probably trillions at this point) to a particular isk machine... Not..

Hey this is a sandbox. If they so mad let them track these ships down and gank them. If they can't or won't, it's not my problem.

Surely the goblin king under his mountain is not going to just sit there and take it, right? Or have those days passed?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!