These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Command Ship Models

First post First post First post
Author
Altaen
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#81 - 2013-10-02 19:00:56 UTC
Periapsis Retrograde Burn wrote:
This is an Ogre, a heavy drone of Gallentean design.

You can not fly it.

Damn you tricky camera perspective, I got all excited.
Chandaris
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#82 - 2013-10-02 19:02:00 UTC
100 million to whoever can say "Kaalakiota", nine times, fast.
Rockus
Zervas Aeronautics
#83 - 2013-10-02 19:02:31 UTC
I took a look at those ships and thought 'yeah that's a hurricane or drake with a paint job'

Come on surely you can do better than that. They are COMMAND ships for crying out loud!

Liam Inkuras
Furnace
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#84 - 2013-10-02 19:09:43 UTC
HOOOOLY SH1T!!!!!!!

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

PavlikX
Scan Stakan
HOLD MY PROBS
#85 - 2013-10-02 19:14:15 UTC
Those changes could be great if there will be any model upgrades. Old models... I see no sence here
Veyer Erastus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2013-10-02 19:17:29 UTC
Poor Sleip and Abso. So sad.
Killin Machine
Mr. Clean Corp..
#87 - 2013-10-02 19:22:18 UTC
The Field Command ships looked amazing as they were. They look so much less appealing now.

R.I.P Sleip, Abso, and especially the Nighthawk.
Westerly Winds
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2013-10-02 19:28:37 UTC
Literally un-subbing this account after this post. Why is the drake model EVEN IN THE GAME? I swear this art department...
Peter Dostoevsky
Friendly Riot
Good Mental
#89 - 2013-10-02 19:30:23 UTC
Dongkey wrote:
Model changes, fine.

But don't mess around with the names. Corp Prefix X is a terrible scheme because it's harder to target call on coms.

Keep all ship names to one single word, unless it's something easy and established like Fleet X.

They aren't changing the names.

The Sleip is still the Sleip, it just has a Boundless color scheme on the hurricane hull.
Aeril Malkyre
Knights of the Ouroboros
#90 - 2013-10-02 19:31:13 UTC
Just as a general Minmatar point: Don't we have anything other than space camo? I mean it's fine if I need to set down on a planet and hide several kilometers of starship, but... let's get some creativity here.

The hull change is a good move, creates some distinction and parallelism. But seriously Matari spaceyards. Surely we can do better. Give me something like Australian Maori, some lines or whorls. Tattoos are an integral part of our heritage, and yet none of that is represented on our hulls. Especially as fleet command ships, these ships should be the standard bearers of our people.
Xolve
State War Academy
Caldari State
#91 - 2013-10-02 19:34:24 UTC
Disappointed.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#92 - 2013-10-02 19:38:19 UTC
Eh. Calmed down, took a new look at the ships. Conclusions based on the actual pictures:

Sleipnir

Expected to hate it. It actually looks decent. Still the one I'm least happy about changing, but that's based on how wonderful the current model is instead of the new one being sub-par. I'll miss it but adapt. I guess I owe a few people apologies for the bounties they got when advocating the change.

Eos

It's fine. The current model is the least good of the lot and the Myrmidon hull has always been the best of the tier 2 group. No real objections.

Nighthawk

Ugh. It's a Drake with a red stripe. How... utterly uninspired.

Look, the Ferox hull is really interesting to look at. The Drake makes up for it by being dull as ****. Painting it black and then spilling a bit of red on it just looks awful.

Absolution

You know what the Amarr lineup needs? More mean space dildos that shoot lasers. How about one in red?

... said no one. Ever.
Freya Shimane
Malevelon Roe Industries
#93 - 2013-10-02 19:50:09 UTC
I like all of these changes, provided these hulls get a T2 makeover like Marauders and Bombers.
Sarmatiko
#94 - 2013-10-02 19:52:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarmatiko
CCP Fozzie wrote:
This change would not affect the stats or bonuses of the ships at all. Any changes to those are an entirely different discussion.

To make this change right there should be dependency from corresponding blueprint. After changes Sleipnir with Hurricane hull will be invented from Cyclone BPO.. with magic?
One little "logical" change now leads to another inconsistency.

Also Kaalakiota Drake is broken currently. Let's hope Art Department will fix it before Rubicon.
GeeShizzle MacCloud
#95 - 2013-10-02 19:55:46 UTC
It cant be just me that would love to see a nod back to the time when the sleipnir had its zebra camo?

im not sold at all on the hurricane model for the sleipnir, though from a stats and weapon based role it makes sense. But i would love the camo from the old sleipnir to go on the new hurricane model.

basically this: http://www.ravestats.com/public/fen/0_sleipnir.jpg
on this: http://i.imgur.com/hpYJ8fBh.jpg

plzplzplzplzplzplzplz!!! <3
Madbuster73
State War Academy
Caldari State
#96 - 2013-10-02 19:56:12 UTC
I like it very much! Especially the new Absolution.

I love that Harbinger hull!!!

But in my opinion the Eos and Sleipnir could get some more love (nicer paintings)

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#97 - 2013-10-02 20:00:57 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
This change would not affect the stats or bonuses of the ships at all. Any changes to those are an entirely different discussion.

To make this change right there should be dependency from corresponding blueprint. After changes Sleipnir with Hurricane hull will be invented from Cyclone BPO.. with magic?
One little "logical" change now leads to another inconsistency.

Also Kaalakiota Drake is broken currently. Let's hope Art Department will fix it before Rubicon.

I think you missed this line, directly above the quote you pulled:

CCP Fozzie wrote:
This change would affect the visuals of each of those four ships, as well as manufacturing and invention for them. For that reason I want to get it announced as early as possible.
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#98 - 2013-10-02 20:01:33 UTC
Pretty sure the model changes will soon include a bodykit of some sort, though that sleipnirsketch surely does need a good bit more vargur.

Looking forward to the finished work >:)
Cethion
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#99 - 2013-10-02 20:03:01 UTC
In general I approve of this idea, but I really don't like the way the Harbinger hull looks, so that particular change is very disappointing to me. I realize that the chances of getting that change undone are low to null, so instead I'm going to focus on making sure my Absolution dies in a fire before Rubicon comes out, it seems like the only way to make sure it goes with dignity.

Co-host of Down the Pipe

marVLs
#100 - 2013-10-02 20:03:12 UTC
Don't like it :/ why more and more drakes, canes with only different camo, we've got navy BC's. Command ships need completely new models