These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Rubicon] Command Ship Models

First post First post First post
Author
Tenchuu Khaan
Vagabond Association
#621 - 2013-11-18 17:22:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Tenchuu Khaan
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite change in Rubicon

Was about time we get a T2 Cane hull
But it sure could use some extra fluff to make it look a bit more badass - to me it looks like only the texture changed.
It needs extra fins or something like the T2 Pest
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#622 - 2013-11-18 17:24:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
Tenchuu Khaan wrote:
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite change in Rubicon

Was about time we get a T2 Cane hull


I don't know about others, but I was certain I'd never fly a Sleipnir. It was hideous.

Now it's at the top of my "to-buy" list right beside a Bastion Vargur.

Plus, given how amazing they made the Vargur look with its T2 remodel, I have high hopes for the Sleipnir's model being equally badass and amazing. The hurricane model also lends itself to the notion of animation much more easily than the Cyclone hull does, something that's important since all T2 remodeled hulls are being created with animations built in.
Tenchuu Khaan
Vagabond Association
#623 - 2013-11-18 17:26:50 UTC
Not a huge fan of the Cyclone hull myself but the Sleipnir is a great ship and I'm not like my girlfriend that only uses the Pokemon that look cute ;)
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#624 - 2013-11-18 17:32:02 UTC
Tenchuu Khaan wrote:
Not a huge fan of the Cyclone hull myself but the Sleipnir is a great ship and I'm not like my girlfriend that only uses the Pokemon that look cute ;)


I am almost completely certain that I would never use the Pokémon that look cute. Then again, I never use any Pokémon so I'm not sure it actually matters what I'd use.
Alkampfer 1
Chronos Committee.
#625 - 2013-11-18 17:43:11 UTC
" opening up options for our art team in the future.." or CCP way of saying "Suck it" and wait,new command ship models or end of the world,whichever comes first.Roll
Poor Abso,poor Nighthawk,ill miss your looks Sad
Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#626 - 2013-11-18 18:48:22 UTC
The change is good, not much to say there. I already had the Damnation on my list of "ships to skill for", now I added the Eos, too. (I'm a huge fan of the Myrmidon-hull.)

Too bad about the Absolution, rest in peace, little laser chicken.
Aplier Shivra
#627 - 2013-11-18 18:58:39 UTC
Absolution is the only place I'm strongly opinionated on. And it sucks. The gold and crimson hawk's beak is such an iconic image to possess, along with the short, large body that fans out into wings. For this ship to lose such an iconic piece of itself hurts bad enough, but the fact that it's getting replaced by a model who's primary design function is in showcasing all six weapon hardpoints working in harmony is just salt in the wound. Especially with how visible lasers are in space, the 5 weapons will look completely out of place on harbinger's hull, no matter what is done for that 6th or 7th slot, it will always feel like something is missing. On the prophecy hull, 6 turrets still looked best, but even with 5 you could still fill up the 4 on the wings and have one fire from the middle, which was tolerable. But there is simply no way to get 5 turrets to look aesthetically pleasing with the hardpoints that harbinger has.

The rest of the hull looks great, I'd say the color scheme has been applied extraordinarily well, the overall shape is pretty good, and I absolutely love the locations of the thrusters. That empty 6 weapon hardpoint on the wings just kills it. So please (although I'm sure it's too late), please look into moving one of the new Absolution-harbinger's wing high slots to be along the middle, and adjusting the remaining 5 on the wings to be more aesthetic and organized-looking.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#628 - 2013-11-18 19:36:39 UTC
Aplier Shivra wrote:
Absolution is the only place I'm strongly opinionated on. And it sucks. The gold and crimson hawk's beak is such an iconic image to possess, along with the short, large body that fans out into wings. For this ship to lose such an iconic piece of itself hurts bad enough, but the fact that it's getting replaced by a model who's primary design function is in showcasing all six weapon hardpoints working in harmony is just salt in the wound. Especially with how visible lasers are in space, the 5 weapons will look completely out of place on harbinger's hull, no matter what is done for that 6th or 7th slot, it will always feel like something is missing. On the prophecy hull, 6 turrets still looked best, but even with 5 you could still fill up the 4 on the wings and have one fire from the middle, which was tolerable. But there is simply no way to get 5 turrets to look aesthetically pleasing with the hardpoints that harbinger has.

The rest of the hull looks great, I'd say the color scheme has been applied extraordinarily well, the overall shape is pretty good, and I absolutely love the locations of the thrusters. That empty 6 weapon hardpoint on the wings just kills it. So please (although I'm sure it's too late), please look into moving one of the new Absolution-harbinger's wing high slots to be along the middle, and adjusting the remaining 5 on the wings to be more aesthetic and organized-looking.


From left to right in the fitting window, try this:

Turret | No Turret | Turret | Turret | No Turret | Turret | Turret

It's better balanced than having five turrets out on the wingtips, although I always thought cramming six turrets into one spot like that was a little crowded anyhow.

It also has the extra bonus of letting you overheat your turrets longer.
Aplier Shivra
#629 - 2013-11-18 20:05:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Aplier Shivra
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:


From left to right in the fitting window, try this:

Turret | No Turret | Turret | Turret | No Turret | Turret | Turret

It's better balanced than having five turrets out on the wingtips, although I always thought cramming six turrets into one spot like that was a little crowded anyhow.

It also has the extra bonus of letting you overheat your turrets longer.


I've tried that, and everything possible. There's no way to get 5 turrets to look good on the wings, and I can't stand having one in the middle (especially not where the middle hardpoints are) when there are open wingspots. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation. In the case of lasers, because of their visibility, I actually think it's pretty cool to have them all grouped up nice and tight, it makes them seem to meld together into one giant laser beam. I feel like the design of the harbinger is like the Abaddon, in that part of its iconic look and feel are how it showcases all of the turrets physically grouped together and firing in sync. But think of how the Abaddon would look if you randomly took out one or two of the non-end turret hardpoints and just left the empty spot there. That's how it feels flying a harbinger hull with only 5 turrets.
Goran Konjich
Krompany
#630 - 2013-11-18 20:09:46 UTC
THIS IS CRAP ... i am sorry but i really don't know how to say it differently.

I'm a diplomat. Sometimes i throw 425mm wide briefcases at enemy. Such is EVE.

XeonSA
Southern Cross Monopoly
Flying Dangerous
#631 - 2013-11-18 23:15:20 UTC
Another really bad decision from ccp. do u ever listen to u'r player base before u implement bogus ideas like this? Grats on losing players since 2011
Miner Felhorn
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#632 - 2013-11-19 02:41:32 UTC
I liked my nighthawk's model :(
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#633 - 2013-11-19 06:49:24 UTC
Miner Felhorn wrote:
I liked my nighthawk's model :(

You'll learn to love the new and improved waffle iron.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#634 - 2013-11-19 07:17:28 UTC
XeonSA wrote:
Another really bad decision from ccp. do u ever listen to u'r player base before u implement bogus ideas like this? Grats on losing players since 2011


Contrary to your belief, this is CCP listening to their players. This was brought up in a previous thread and it was overwhelmingly popular. It was tweeted, it was broadcasted all over the forums, it was on YouTube and it was on Reddit as well as spammed in lots of ingame chat channels. Don't complain because you arrived late to the party.
Hammar Wolf
Money First
#635 - 2013-11-19 13:59:16 UTC
Badideas.com - nobody wants to trade in the look of the Absolution or the Sleipnir for the harbinger and hurricane. Harby guns slots look terrible too. Eos for Myrmidon? I can see its market price dropping already.

This whole change is an answer to a question that was not asked.




F1 Platoon leader

Siicko
Shadow Stalkers Inc
#636 - 2013-11-20 17:16:12 UTC
The absolution model change is a disappointment. I like the old model better. Cry
Tinukeda'ya Naskingar
Minmatar Expeditions ltd.
#637 - 2013-11-20 17:45:35 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
XeonSA wrote:
Another really bad decision from ccp. do u ever listen to u'r player base before u implement bogus ideas like this? Grats on losing players since 2011


Contrary to your belief, this is CCP listening to their players. This was brought up in a previous thread and it was overwhelmingly popular. It was tweeted, it was broadcasted all over the forums, it was on YouTube and it was on Reddit as well as spammed in lots of ingame chat channels. Don't complain because you arrived late to the party.


I arrived early to that party and following it since I do not see the overwhelmingly positive feedback. What I saw was huge demand on T2 BC for the alternate hulls. So a new T2 BC for those hulls would cause exactly the same euphoria which CCP thought is caused by the model switch on Command ships.

Just reintroducing modified Field Commands for this would do the trick... drop the link bonuses so they do not interfere with the Command line of BC, give it some sig bonus as role bonus, name it Assault Battlecruisers and everyone is happy.

Right now you destroyed numerous ICONIC ships for no real reason... Well played CCP.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -  Arthur C. Clarke

Ramiel Wayfarer
#638 - 2013-11-20 19:11:41 UTC
It goes from bad to worse...Change the damn command ships back to how they were before the patch


You messed up CCP






Ramiel Wayfarer
#639 - 2013-11-20 19:13:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramiel Wayfarer
Siicko wrote:
The absolution model change is a disappointment. I like the old model better. Cry


I agree with you.. I personally wish CCP would change back to the old models which were much better.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#640 - 2013-11-20 19:18:25 UTC
Is there a reason we couldn't just select the hulls and color schemes on T2 ships?

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.