These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Warp Speed and Acceleration

First post First post
Author
Centis Adjani
Adjani Corporation
#661 - 2014-02-02 10:31:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Centis Adjani
Dear CCP Fozzie,

CCP Fozzie wrote:
We're also creating more distinct levels of warp speed between ship groups
(at the moment destroyers, cruiser, BCs and BS all warp the same speed).

the distinction between these ships is way too high now! And in fact was unneccessary. Especially for BC and BS.
The warp speed was 3.0 for the named ships in the past. Everybody lived with this for years without tears.
Now Battleships warp with 2.0, Battlecruisers with 2.5, Cruisers still with 3.0 and Destroyers with 4.5.
For Destroyers a very huge avantage. For BS a very huge penalty.

Did you, CCP Fozzie, tried anom escalations or Level 4 Epic Arcs yourself in a BattleShip after these changes?
I had an escalation yesterday which sent me 10 jumps out to the battleground.
After a long, long travel time in my BS I arrived and then the escalation ended there.
Was really not funny to spent epic time in travel round-trip for nothing.
Additional the perceptible longer time than before until leaving warp is not funny too.
Arriving in mission pocket, I need to wait noticeable longer now until I am able to target the NPC.

This change regarding BS and BC is no improvement, really!
For me as BC and BS pilot it is a technical regression and huge nerf.
To revert this and let Destroyers, Cruisers, BC and BS warp with same speed like before, - this will be an improvement.
Or at least we should have less distinction (Destroyer 4.5, Cruiser 3.5, BC 3.25 and BS 3.0)..

CCP Fozzie wrote:
We're strongly considering adding more ways to affect your warp speed
at some point in the future, but nothing has been decided on that yet.

Yes, - if you don't revert these huge nerf for BC and BS pilots.
Then give us a 'Warp Speed Boost' Module for the Low's (only usable for ships with Warp Speed 2.5 and lower)
with a 75% Warp Speed increase.
We can fit this for travel and (thank for the Mobile Depot) we can exchange it after arrival...
But the faster and easier way will be just give BC and BS senseful and useful Warp Speed back.

Thank you for listening.
PinkKnife
The Cuddlefish
Ethereal Dawn
#662 - 2014-05-02 21:25:27 UTC
PinkKnife wrote:
Any thoughts to a warp animation for other ships, so that people know when a ship has entered warp outside of it being non lockable? Likewise, when it comes out?

Aside from being badass, it would help provide information that otherwise is taken from simply spam clicking lock.

Welp, I'm glad to see another one of my ideas is finally being done.
Nano Sito
#663 - 2014-05-03 07:53:29 UTC
Warp speed changes made the game more boring. I'm all for having ships smaller than Cruisers being faster than before, but why nerfing BC and BS so aggressively? In my opinion, a BS should warp at half the speed of a Frigate, and everything else should fit in between that range. Furthermore, I would leave the current frigate warp speed as it is, and just increase that of BS and BC.