These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Rubicon] Sisters of EVE faction ships

First post First post First post
Author
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#1861 - 2013-10-21 19:45:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
After 94 pages, this is probably a good time for Rise to check in and say something.

I'll even settle for "I had pickled shark, cured sheep brains and Brennevin for lunch today".
Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
Parasitic Legion.
#1862 - 2013-10-21 19:48:27 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
After 94 pages, this is probably a good time for Rise to check in and say something.

I'll even settle for "I had pickled shark, cured sheep brains and Brennevin for lunch today".

What is there to say? Until these get on the test server it is just pointless banter between how people want to use them, how they think they will be used and how they want to try to break them.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#1863 - 2013-10-21 19:50:15 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:

What is there to say? Until these get on the test server it is just pointless banter between how people want to use them, how they think they will be used and how they want to try to break them.


While you make an excellent point, I will continue to stand by my statement.
Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#1864 - 2013-10-21 20:29:01 UTC
Alvatore you make a good point about the cap bonus, but CCP also made lasers not so cap hungery as they use to be. All I am saying is if CCP wants to make sure lasers are used on them, then they need a different bonus, the cap one just makes it so hybrids or projs are a better option. Now about the highslots as "utility-only" I do like that, it makes since. I mean guns can't be put into missile slots and the other way around, why not have slots only able to be used for non weapons? But again CCP giving only so many turret or launcher hardpoints kinda does that already. I just would be happy with these ships getting a 100% to laser damage and having less gun hardpoints all together.

All in all I LOVE the idea of these ships, and I think they look amazing. I like how they don't look like any other ship in New Eden, as they shouldn't. I look forward to playing with them when they come out on sisi. All I really want is a BS version like they deserve.
sarkenna
RIVVEN Inc
#1865 - 2013-10-21 21:07:59 UTC
This thread has become a mere farce and it sadens me. It's kinda a witch hunt by a few very upset individuals trying to post most ridiculous scenarios ever.

I don't really know what it is...

Is it that you didn't train amarr or gallente and now just don't want others to have a cookie?
Are you afraid not to be able to gank the poor people that just want to do exploration anymore, because they finally have a ship that is hard to catch AND can run the sites without constantly having to go back through your gatecamps ?
Or if they just generally want their version of "insert op pirate cruiser/frigate here" to be the top without any competition?

I mean really you can call out CCP members all day long but who is going to believe your crazy warped world, in which heavy drone gank setups ruin the game ? Really ? i mean...really ? Have you been playing the same game as me and others in the past 5 to 10 years ?

Pls just get real. Try it at least.
Nyancat Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1866 - 2013-10-21 22:34:30 UTC
[Stratios, OP]
Cormack's Modified Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Cormack's Modified Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Unit W-634's Modified Drone Damage Amplifier
Unit W-634's Modified Drone Damage Amplifier
Damage Control II

Gistum A-Type 10MN Microwarpdrive
Gistum A-Type 10MN Afterburner
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Energy Burst Aerator I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

'Augmented' Ogre x5
'Augmented' Ogre x15


OMG GAIS! OMG! DIS SHIP IS OP! EFT SAID SO!
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#1867 - 2013-10-21 23:08:43 UTC
An Ibis could kill that and you only wish I was joking.
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#1868 - 2013-10-22 00:24:16 UTC
Nyancat Audeles wrote:
[Stratios, OP]
Cormack's Modified Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Cormack's Modified Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Unit W-634's Modified Drone Damage Amplifier
Unit W-634's Modified Drone Damage Amplifier
Damage Control II

Gistum A-Type 10MN Microwarpdrive
Gistum A-Type 10MN Afterburner
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Energy Burst Aerator I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

'Augmented' Ogre x5
'Augmented' Ogre x15


OMG GAIS! OMG! DIS SHIP IS OP! EFT SAID SO!


Hardly worth putting a burst aerator rig on that... and even less worth putting a Medium Energy Burst Aerator I rig on it :P
Elisk Skyforge
Caldari Provisions
#1869 - 2013-10-22 00:24:33 UTC
PLEEEEASE CCP give the cruiser 4 launcher slots too, With all skills at lvl5 and 4 T2 HAM launchers with T2 Rage missiles and 3 T2 Ballistic controls the ship can out 279 dps...Interestingly under same above conditions without a damage bonused ship, all skills at lvl5 and using 4 T2 Heavy Pulse using T2 Conf M and 3 T2 Heat Sinks has an output of 307 dps, so having launchers is not going to be game breaking!

+

Textured SOE ships can be seen here http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/b/471606839 around 02:32:00
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#1870 - 2013-10-22 00:37:49 UTC
Elisk Skyforge wrote:
PLEEEEASE CCP give the cruiser 4 launcher slots too, With all skills at lvl5 and 4 T2 HAM launchers with T2 Rage missiles and 3 T2 Ballistic controls the ship can out 279 dps...Interestingly under same above conditions without a damage bonused ship, all skills at lvl5 and using 4 T2 Heavy Pulse using T2 Conf M and 3 T2 Heat Sinks has an output of 307 dps, so having launchers is not going to be game breaking!

+

Textured SOE ships can be seen here http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/b/471606839 around 02:32:00

Now go back and calculate the DPS when the ship is fitted with both turrets and launchers. Plus drones.
Elisk Skyforge
Caldari Provisions
#1871 - 2013-10-22 00:53:17 UTC
Dont know why I should do that.
Also drones are a separate topic, reducing their damage bonus to 2-5% per level might be a good idea to balance them.
Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
Parasitic Legion.
#1872 - 2013-10-22 01:01:41 UTC
Elisk Skyforge wrote:
Dont know why I should do that.
Also drones are a separate topic, reducing their damage bonus to 2-5% per level might be a good idea to balance them.

Because drones are the primary damage source of this ship and need to be taken in to account.

Reducing there DPS will only adversely affect the ship for exploration.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1873 - 2013-10-22 01:22:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Xequecal
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
Xequecal wrote:
You can deploy sentry drones and do 670 DPS with perfect application since you have 2 webs.

As for the Pilgrim DPS comment, that's so mind-bogglingly stupid that I won't even bother to respond.

This thread is a farce ! A mind boggling farce full of EFT warriors who don't understand anything about the tracking formula and drones.

In fact, I am imagining you saying that sentry drones should be used to gank something and trying not to lough to your own joke at the same time. Or loughing out loud behind your keyboard at the idea of someone possibly believing you are saying this seriously.


I understand exactly how the tracking formula works. Frankly I'm not convinced damage from heavy drones is significantly reduced against a double webbed target but at least they orbit so it's possible that they ruin their own tracking. Sentry drones do not move and a target moving at 15% speed has no transversal. You think BS guns can't hit a 40 m/sec cruiser at 5-10km? Because that's pretty much what gardes are in terms of tracking/signature.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#1874 - 2013-10-22 01:29:09 UTC
Elisk Skyforge wrote:
Dont know why I should do that.
Also drones are a separate topic, reducing their damage bonus to 2-5% per level might be a good idea to balance them.

You should know very well by now that if the ship has turrets and launchers that every single high will be used for weapons.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1875 - 2013-10-22 01:36:02 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Elisk Skyforge wrote:
Dont know why I should do that.
Also drones are a separate topic, reducing their damage bonus to 2-5% per level might be a good idea to balance them.

You should know very well by now that if the ship has turrets and launchers that every single high will be used for weapons.

Dunno, cloak seems a strong selling point and along side 4 turrets or launchers that's a full rack.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#1876 - 2013-10-22 02:38:34 UTC
Oh yes, it is a full rack isn't it. I seem to have forgotten just how many highs it has. Nevermind, then.
Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#1877 - 2013-10-22 07:37:49 UTC
Xequecal wrote:
I understand exactly how the tracking formula works. Frankly I'm not convinced damage from heavy drones is significantly reduced against a double webbed target but at least they orbit so it's possible that they ruin their own tracking. Sentry drones do not move and a target moving at 15% speed has no transversal. You think BS guns can't hit a 40 m/sec cruiser at 5-10km? Because that's pretty much what gardes are in terms of tracking/signature.

My apologies. I forgot sentries were so OP they already obsoleted avery weapon system in game and drone ship are the ships to fly for years now because of them. So OP sentry ships...
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1878 - 2013-10-22 11:00:37 UTC
Bouh Revetoile wrote:
Xequecal wrote:
I understand exactly how the tracking formula works. Frankly I'm not convinced damage from heavy drones is significantly reduced against a double webbed target but at least they orbit so it's possible that they ruin their own tracking. Sentry drones do not move and a target moving at 15% speed has no transversal. You think BS guns can't hit a 40 m/sec cruiser at 5-10km? Because that's pretty much what gardes are in terms of tracking/signature.

My apologies. I forgot sentries were so OP they already obsoleted avery weapon system in game and drone ship are the ships to fly for years now because of them. So OP sentry ships...



Sentries do nto need to fire at targets at extreme close range. When you are engaging targets that are 20 km from the sentries (not uncommon at all) they tend to hit everything larger than a Cruiser that is not AB running ( AB runnign ships are basically the only scenario where Ogres are better)

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Seolfor
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1879 - 2013-10-22 11:34:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Seolfor
Bouh Revetoile wrote:

My apologies. I forgot sentries were so OP they already obsoleted avery weapon system in game and drone ship are the ships to fly for years now because of them. So OP sentry ships...


See, this is the reason you need to leave your french blob with Falcons and Pilgrims. You will never learn otherwise.

And yes, drone ships are very strong in the current meta, for brawl fits.

Please, list all the hundreds of cruisers that can deploy Sentries in EvE (HINT: You need enough drone bandwidth, so NO, the Pilgrim cant use Heavies/Sentries without gimping itself) lets start:

- Ishtar. And the ship rules. As a MWD/Shield kiter or a Plated/Neuting brawler
- Vexor Navy Issue. There is a reason its one of the most expensive Navy Cruisers. No, the reason isnt that its superb for bearing.
- Gila. Nuff Said.

Guess what the Stratios can do, that these 3 cant. (while doing the SAME potential dps as them).

C O V O P S C L O A K

So, the problem isnt that the Stratios can do the same dps as the Ishtar, VNI and Gila. So to your dumb attempt at sarcasm, NO - these 3 ships are not broken OP and flown by 1 and all.

Its that The Stratios can do the same WHILE ALSO sporting a Cov Ops cloak.

This is a problem. Read, Think, Post.
Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#1880 - 2013-10-22 12:18:06 UTC
Seolfor wrote:
Its that The Stratios can do the same WHILE ALSO sporting a Cov Ops cloak.

This is a problem. Read, Think, Post.

Reading before posting, it's very interesting you say that, because you talking about something I already discuss a few pages ago : a cloaky proteus can have 100kehp and 600dps with covops cloak, and it *already* exists. Yet nobody ever complained about it. Why ? Why did the cloaky Proteus not have broke EVE yet if this Stratios is going to do so ?

The only complaints about T3 are the 100MN AB fit and more generaly fleet and combat fits ; and not so long ago there was the problem of the links better on them than on command ship on top of cloaky nullifier ; and of course the cloaky nullifier fits which are only good at making bubble camper to emorage because they can't catch them. The problem of T3 is generaly that they are better at some thing than specialized ships which is not what they should be. Yet cloaky gank fit is a niche they are the only ones to occupy, and this niche have never see serious complaints whereas the power of the current cloaky Proteus is a lot higher than the Stratios will ever be.