These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

EWAR frigs almost as good as recons? inties bubble immunity? dictors?

First post
Author
Zarnak Wulf
Amarrian Vengeance
Team Amarrica
#21 - 2013-09-29 02:15:22 UTC
E-War ships as a whole have been broken for right at 4 years now. The nano nerf in 2009 did them in and they really haven't been a force since. They have a slew of problems and while it is easy to point them out, I don't relish whoever is in charge of fixing them. I've done a few 'Fix EAS!' threads in the past. So one last time....

Signature Size. The Kitsune comes in at a whopping 58m. To put that in perspective the Thrasher is only 56m and the Talwar is 60m. These ships were designed in the age where you could push 14km/s + in terms of speed. Those days are long since gone and they need a smaller footprint.

EHP. These are not cloaky as the Covert Recons are. They should as such have the T2 resists that the Combat Recons have. They do not. Ugh

Lock Range. EAS should match the lock range of their T1 hulls.

Capacitor. The Kitsune and Keres have two bonuses related to cap useage. The Sentinel and Hyena each have one bonus related to cap useage. If any role bonus jumped out for a ship class - a 25% cap recharge bonus does so here. Maybe a slightly larger capacitor on certain hulls as well.

Individual Bonuses. The Hyena still has a smaller version of the very old interceptor bonus that was abandoned in 2009. Why?!? It was abandoned because testing proved it was horribly ineffective.

I'm glad that a range increase for the ewar is being looked at. I hope other factors are as well.
Mole Guy
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2013-09-29 15:58:38 UTC
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
E-War ships as a whole have been broken for right at 4 years now. The nano nerf in 2009 did them in and they really haven't been a force since. They have a slew of problems and while it is easy to point them out, I don't relish whoever is in charge of fixing them. I've done a few 'Fix EAS!' threads in the past. So one last time....

Signature Size. The Kitsune comes in at a whopping 58m. To put that in perspective the Thrasher is only 56m and the Talwar is 60m. These ships were designed in the age where you could push 14km/s + in terms of speed. Those days are long since gone and they need a smaller footprint.

EHP. These are not cloaky as the Covert Recons are. They should as such have the T2 resists that the Combat Recons have. They do not. Ugh

Lock Range. EAS should match the lock range of their T1 hulls.

Capacitor. The Kitsune and Keres have two bonuses related to cap useage. The Sentinel and Hyena each have one bonus related to cap useage. If any role bonus jumped out for a ship class - a 25% cap recharge bonus does so here. Maybe a slightly larger capacitor on certain hulls as well.

Individual Bonuses. The Hyena still has a smaller version of the very old interceptor bonus that was abandoned in 2009. Why?!? It was abandoned because testing proved it was horribly ineffective.

I'm glad that a range increase for the ewar is being looked at. I hope other factors are as well.

not many in the game today could sum up the issues of EWAR frigs like you just did.
frigs need frig sig radius. they need cap (which was addressed in the video along with lock speed/range).
t2 resists are a must

down side to sig radius is, it has a very large electronic signature due to RF emissions. that needs to be accounted for. but, so do all the recons, the scorpion and all jamming ships. when that is looked at and taken into account, then i feel the sig radius could be adjusted. but yes, these guys were made during the nano age. even though we can get 20km dramiels and whatnot, the nano age is over. they need to be looked at.

i cant wait, i love these ships.
Previous page12