These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP reintroducing the Gold Magate and adding in new Guardian-Vexors through Somer Blink

Author
Big Lynx
#201 - 2013-09-26 15:02:25 UTC
@ That seems legit

YOUR FACE!!! WWWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
Dolph Carebear
Adohivatal
#202 - 2013-09-26 15:06:56 UTC
I just logged in to say this:

Screw Somer Blink, and especially screw CCP's favoritism towards them.
Aesheera
Doomheim
#203 - 2013-09-26 15:08:41 UTC
Ra Jackson wrote:

Maybe you are just a bit slow, so let me try to explain. 4 ships are not creating anything content wise, that is true. And this is actually the problem. The only purpose is to make Somer a crapton of (additional) ISK and devalue the original unique ships. As a side effect you can trash the history connected to them because, well, it's not relevant anymore.

/edit: If Somer want to make lotteries with those ships they should buy them in the game, but this is total and utter favoritism.

Maybe you are just a bit daft, so let me wake you up. 4 ships are hardly affecting anything related to the history of these unique ships.
20 + 4 ingame equals rare still. So what if 4 more are released? Devalued? Get serious.

General discussion seems to be a cesspool of QQ and complaints rather than a 'general discussion' nowadays.
Everybody jumps each other cry-bandwagon and the random justification attempts to support these whines is, however creative at times, the ONLY thing that's affecting the game.

Not 4 ships being granted to some lottery.

Grow up.

- I think my passion is misinterpreted as anger sometimes. And I don't think people are ready for the message that I'm delivering, and delivering with a sense of violent love.

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#204 - 2013-09-26 15:09:06 UTC
/adjusts tinfoil.

Maybe this is just a clever way to move attention away from how crappy the winter expansion is going to be.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

The Antiquarian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#205 - 2013-09-26 15:10:31 UTC
Aesheera wrote:
Ra Jackson wrote:

Maybe you are just a bit slow, so let me try to explain. 4 ships are not creating anything content wise, that is true. And this is actually the problem. The only purpose is to make Somer a crapton of (additional) ISK and devalue the original unique ships. As a side effect you can trash the history connected to them because, well, it's not relevant anymore.

/edit: If Somer want to make lotteries with those ships they should buy them in the game, but this is total and utter favoritism.

Maybe you are just a bit daft, so let me wake you up. 4 ships are hardly affecting anything related to the history of these unique ships.
20 + 4 ingame equals rare still. So what if 4 more are released? Devalued? Get serious.

General discussion seems to be a cesspool of QQ and complaints rather than a 'general discussion' nowadays.
Everybody jumps each other cry-bandwagon and the random justification attempts to support these whines is, however creative at times, the ONLY thing that's affecting the game.

Grow up.

Are you being completely blind? Once this happens, it is most certain that MORE UNIQUE SHIPS will be flooded in the market.
Doris Dents
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#206 - 2013-09-26 15:11:25 UTC
It seems the lesson CCP took away from the whole T20 debacle was it's fine to blatantly favor certain groups and spawn your friends fantastic free stuff long as you make a blog post about it.
Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#207 - 2013-09-26 15:12:05 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
/adjusts tinfoil.

Maybe this is just a clever way to move attention away from how crappy the winter expansion is going to be.

What? So if we're all really wound up by this unbelievably stupid idea they think we won't notice any other stupid things they announce?

Yeah, it could work, sounds legit Shocked
Bo Red
Fresh Clean Scent Heavy Industries
#208 - 2013-09-26 15:14:23 UTC
I really don't care about this at all.
captain foivos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#209 - 2013-09-26 15:14:44 UTC
Doris Dents wrote:
It seems the lesson CCP took away from the whole T20 debacle was it's fine to blatantly favor certain groups and spawn your friends fantastic free stuff long as you make a blog post about it.

"Maybe if we announce it officially this time, people won't be so mad!" --CCP 2013
The Spod
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#210 - 2013-09-26 15:14:48 UTC
Ruskarn Andedare wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
/adjusts tinfoil.

What? So if we're all really wound up by this unbelievably stupid idea they think we won't notice any other stupid things they announce?

Sensing a boring PI-centered expansion with a module (rapid hml) and marauder overpower sharkjump.
Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#211 - 2013-09-26 15:15:34 UTC
If CCP was so desperate to hand these unique ships out again, then instead of going through a third party source, why not give each active pilot one ticket per year of subscription time and have a random lottery that way? Thus a player that has been loyal for ten years would have ten tickets. And what stories would an one year old "newbie" have when he or she suddenly inherits from his passing uncle three times over a ship people would kill for?

Just a thought.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#212 - 2013-09-26 15:15:43 UTC
Ruskarn Andedare wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
/adjusts tinfoil.

Difficulty: CCP

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Dalziel Nardieu
Gentile Seal Clubbers
#213 - 2013-09-26 15:16:51 UTC
-1 eve account. Good job CCP.
Trii Seo
Goonswarm Federation
#214 - 2013-09-26 15:19:42 UTC
Oh grow up people.

There's 4 of those ships reintroduced. Total. +4 Ishukone Scorps on giveaway as well.

And Blink is actually making it a Blast draw - tickets are gained just by playing the lottery. They will be won by some lucky guy who may keep them forever in the hangar. He may sell them to rich collectors to set himself up for a good chunk of his life. He may be a mutton and get scammed out of one.

Maybe we'll see a ~spacefamous~ elite solo pvp figure take out a Guardian Vexor out for a spin. Maybe its demise will see the headlines, like the destruction of Garmon's Adrastia.

Will there be more? Considering the violent backlash CCP is receiving now, I doubt it - but it's not necessarily a bad step on their behalf. They're adding something unique, ships eight people out of thousands will take home. Considering many newer players may have never heard of the Golden Magnate destroyed by m0o or seen a Guardian-Vexor, I don't mind their brief reappearance.

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

semieren Outamon
Doomheim
#215 - 2013-09-26 15:20:11 UTC
captain foivos wrote:
Can someone with a CCP nametag please explain to me why Somer Blink was selected to hold a lottery and be given what is, essentially, at least a trillion free ISK plus countless USD from additional sales of GTCs through their game site due to increased player traffic from this event?

Because if there's one thing this game doesn't need, it's CCP handing players more free and undeserved money.

Because CCP knows the real size of Somer blink's wallet. This addition of 4+ T ISK in ships is peanuts compared to what they already own and perhaps the fleet of 100+ tournament ships purchased via alts.
Rainbow Dash
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#216 - 2013-09-26 15:22:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Rainbow Dash
The Antiquarian wrote:
Aesheera wrote:
Ra Jackson wrote:

Grow up.

Are you being completely blind? Once this happens, it is most certain that MORE UNIQUE SHIPS will be flooded in the market.

They pretty much stated AT ships would be re-released, just not "through a lottery system"

Also **** you CCP, if I would have known this was happening I wouldn't have resubbed for a year. At least you won't get money for any of my other accounts.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#217 - 2013-09-26 15:28:06 UTC
Rainbow Dash wrote:
The Antiquarian wrote:
Aesheera wrote:
Ra Jackson wrote:

Grow up.

They pretty much stated AT ships would be re-released, just not "through a lottery system"

Also **** you CCP, if I would have known this was happening I wouldn't have resubbed for a year. At least you won't get money for any of my other accounts.

Actually, as far as tournament ships go, this is what they said.

Quote:
Let’s look at some of the other ships. Tournament ships will not be handed out in this fashion ever. These ships require full alliances to work hard over a long period of time so handing them out for free would absolutely cheapen the achievements of teams like Verge of Collapse, HYDRA RELOADED and Pandemic Legion and this is not what we are aiming for.

The Gold Magnate no longer exists in game, so nothing is being devalued.

The Guardian-Vexor, to my knowledge, was never billed as a limited edition never to be released again ship when it was created.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Zakarumit CZ
Zakarum Industries
Forgers United
#218 - 2013-09-26 15:29:18 UTC
I dont like this. I mean, can we expect Raven state issues and Tempest tribal issues given away this year as well? PffWhat?
Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#219 - 2013-09-26 15:29:21 UTC
Aesheera wrote:
Ra Jackson wrote:

Grow up.

Is not the 4 ships granted to some lottery, it's the way it is being given to a group of Eve players who will benifit massively from it, what if CCP produced something from thin air and handed them over to the CFC ? which, love them or hate them have done a lot more for EVE than somer and his blink has, if they want to give away rare items they should buy them with isk and then run a lottery.

CCP should never be seen as favouring one group of players over another.
Crasniya
The Aussienauts
#220 - 2013-09-26 15:30:14 UTC
I see nothing wrong with repurposing things that no longer exist in the game. I don't think the fact that a ship is reintroduced destroys or devalues that there was one guy who used to be the only owner and he lost it.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - soraya@biomassed.net