These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What is driving recent increase in Plex value

First post
Author
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#161 - 2014-05-09 01:01:26 UTC
Claire Voyant wrote:

The other factor is the Dr. E is not giving us the whole story. He says PLEX sales by CCP have been increasing since they were introduced, but we know it has not been a steady increase month to month. I don't think it is a coincidence that the drop in market volume last September and October brought about the 4 for the price of 3 sale on Amazon in late September and the "accidental sale" in late October.

Another possible explanation for low velocity those months is that people who scooped up low priced PLEX held on to it for future sale or their own use. Ordinarily you would expect people buying PLEX for cash to convert it to isk fairly promptly since there is no incentive to buy PLEX at full price just to sit on it (unless they felt the RL price was going up.) Some people might buy two or three PLEX to take advantage of the lower price and only sell them one at a time as the need arose, but I think that use case can be ignored when it comes to velocity.

Anyway, I think this just proves my point that there is more than enough information to speculate on.

The good Doctor never gives the whole story. Not directly.

The 'sudden sales of Amazon' and others filled folks tanks and drove the volume down for a time but like gas, sooner or later you have to fill up again.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Je'ron
The Happy Shooters
#162 - 2014-05-09 19:20:36 UTC
Pity the Doctor didn't show any data on PLEX consumption, like:
- Game Time
- AUR/Nex purchase
- Ship paint jobs
- Character transfers/resculpturing/ Multi character training
- Tournament buy-ins
- Event tickets/ live streams
including (relative) amounts and correlation of (introduction of new) usage with the PLEX-prices.
Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#163 - 2014-05-13 16:12:55 UTC
Around 150 PLEX units at 711m in Jita 4-4
Around another 75 units at 710m in Jita 4-4

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Angella Guard
OEG
Goonswarm Federation
#164 - 2014-05-14 20:23:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Angella Guard
you know, just funny:

PLEX in Verge
Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#165 - 2014-05-15 00:37:05 UTC
Angella Guard wrote:
you know, just funny:

PLEX in Verge

I just got 1 for 715m minus taxes (or costs).

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Vibiana
Frontier Trading Company
#166 - 2014-05-22 08:14:06 UTC
Yay! New spike! 25 mil a day. Nice Ugh
TedStriker
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#167 - 2014-05-22 12:37:50 UTC
It was to be expected this time. Not only did Dr.E mention that they capped the price artificially, he also mentioned that speed is low thus the price could hit alot higher.

I suppose they capped it long enough, now its up-up time again. They will only intervene if it spikes too fast, BUT...Dr.E is on his way out, who knows if there is anyone rdy to intervene again, could take time, so yea, sky is the limit for Plex right now.
Vibiana
Frontier Trading Company
#168 - 2014-05-22 13:34:54 UTC
I wonder, how much isk does an average player have per month to allocate on things such as PLEX/NEX/ isk doubling serviceLolQuestion
Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#169 - 2014-05-22 13:52:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Lar Tadaruwa
10 at 836m Jita 4-4
8 in station, one 5 Jumps, 2 SolarSystem

715m pays around 705m with Trade IV and other minimal trading skills for sale.

(My trader does better, that was only using the minimum hauling transacting opportunities.)

Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#170 - 2014-05-22 14:02:30 UTC
It's a pyramid scheme that needs a constant influx of low SP players at the bottom.
Steve Celeste
Doomheim
#171 - 2014-05-22 17:14:19 UTC
It was fun to figure out how much I could drag the buy orders up every 5 minutes.

1 million was too much, my buy order just sat there with the rest staying below it.
So I tried 400-500k isk every 5 minutes and most of them followed me. The road was clear with lowest sell orders sitting at 775, I was hoping we could reach 800 on a slow wednesday before US primetime.

Then suddenly a huge block of sell orders appeared at 762-ish. All about 8-10 plex stacks with 3 second difference in creation time...

Oh well, lets try again next week.
Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#172 - 2014-05-29 15:13:16 UTC
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
10 at 836m Jita 4-4

...at 836m Jita 4-4 or 736m?

741m , 739m , 736m

Oinola Akachi
State War Academy
Caldari State
#173 - 2014-07-21 01:59:35 UTC
To 803m or 808m in Jita...
Still less than 830m+

Down to 795m after I go on a roam, lose a 30m ship by a 0.1 or 0.3 second delay.
I'd been better off buying 2 at that rate before it lowered.
It also costed me another $30 on top (the price of the time and almost, 2 PLeX) and more for food instead.

So, next time I'm offered to Roam, I'll make sure I get the PLeX first, which will drive a recent increase.