These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Please remove falcons from the game

First post First post
Author
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#41 - 2013-09-13 14:03:54 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Straight

Nerf Falcons because of stronk!

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#42 - 2013-09-13 14:15:33 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
The falcon has several counters......several....not singular.
Pff! You're saying that as if RSD ships had become a new ewar doctrine or as if we had just been given a ship that can trivially deliver 500 DPS of instant drone damage out to 130km while sporting 40+ sensor strength…
Rovinia
Exotic Dancers Union
#43 - 2013-09-13 14:24:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Rovinia
Falcon was allready nerfed several times (reduced range, introduction of skills for more sensorstrengh, etc.) and continues with the ship rebalancing. Sensorstrengh for ships rises with every balance pass.

And compared with other forms of Ewar like dampening and TD, you have at least a chance to resist it. And you don't have to choose the faction you wan't to jam with your module. And even one (1) Celestis in your fleet can take a falcon out of combat most of the time.

If you have 2+ TD's on you with a turret ship, you will make nearly as much damage like if you get jammed by a falcon. Zero.
But you still have your weapon icons flashing and some nice sound effects, so most people don't bother that much about it. But at the end of the day, the effect is the same, your ship explodes.

Leave the falcon alone, it allready got it's beating. Fit ECCM, adapt your tactics and / or get some friends. Than blow up his expensive Falcon.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#44 - 2013-09-13 15:04:16 UTC
Remove them? Naaah.... They need remodeling but all is good with them beside the looks.
Johan March
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2013-09-13 15:09:14 UTC
Falcons should be banned because they impersonate a bird; or CCP Falcon. Or CCP Falcon should be banned because he impersonates a ship, or a bird.
Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#46 - 2013-09-13 15:10:57 UTC
I love Falcons for two reasons, first is because of how many times they've saved me, and secondly for constant threads like this. Big smile

I suggest you HTFU.

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Deacon Abox
Black Eagle5
#47 - 2013-09-13 15:22:41 UTC
John Holt wrote:
Sounds like the case some had against the Drake. Now what is it? Useless.

No it's not useless. It's just no longer easy mode, so people like you jumped away looking for another easy mode ship. How's that working out for you. I wonder whether there are more Harbingers in service than Drakes even now.

Anyway, Falcons suck. But they have been indirectly nerfed. And Logistics need counters such at ECM and Damp boats. Unfortunately Falcons and the rest have to stay. However, can't remember which Deve it was, but he said they are working on a long term change to how ecm operates. Should be interesting. In the meantime train your sensor compensation skills to 5, get the sensor strength implants, have info boosts running, and fit an eccm. Then maybe you'll get jammed only 50% of the time.P

But really just learn to live with it for now. It's not as bad as it used to be.

CCP, there are off buttons for ship explosions, missile effects, turret effects, etc. "Immersion" does not seem to be harmed by those. So, [u]please[/u] give us a persisting off button for the jump gate and autoscan visuals.

ArmyOfMe
Teddybears.
#48 - 2013-09-13 15:28:15 UTC
Crimson Gauntlet wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Straight

It's ok, we love you and your namesake T2 cruiser.

errrr, noPirate

GM Guard > I must ask you not to use the petition option like this again but i personally would finish the chicken sandwich first so it won´t go to waste. The spaghetti will keep and you can use it the next time you get hungry. Best regards.

SpoonRECKLESS
Beach Boys
The Minions.
#49 - 2013-09-13 15:40:26 UTC
wowyouareacow wrote:
They are extremely overpowered and ruin small gang and solo pvp.
Thank you for considering this request.

WHAT?!?! YOU HAVE ECCM!! CCP then nerfed the falcon range!! THEN THEY GAVE YOU ECCM SKILLS!! Why you no learn to counter falcon its paper thin tank and can't counter small frigs on its butt. You're just bad at pvp if you can't counter a Falcon.I fly the falcon I know your type fits 2 webs instead of eccm knowing they could be ecm on the field.Stop crying about it and try to counter the ship.

Blue

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#50 - 2013-09-13 15:41:51 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Straight

Knew that was coming when I saw the thread title.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

SpoonRECKLESS
Beach Boys
The Minions.
#51 - 2013-09-13 15:47:19 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
you lot forgot the rook, and griffin and the kitsune

the rook and the kitsune should prolly be better than the falcon :S

Kitsune is fine I do well in it jamming out stuff just don't go GCC on a gate jamming bad idea.

Blue

Isis Dea
Society of Adrift Hope
#52 - 2013-09-13 16:21:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Isis Dea
- FoF Missiles.
- WCS (because that Falcon won't have a scramble/disruptor and if in small-scale warfare, simply bail... Unless you want to protect your epeen? In which case, please, biomass yourself).
- ECCM (there's now skills for additional butter).
- ECM Burst (then warp out).
- Bring a buddy (clearly the Falcon's not solo either) in a missile boat w/FoFs or a drone boat with a small smart bomb [where he simply burns up to falcon, kick out drones and hits him with the smart bomb. If your drones are set to aggressive, they're automatically light up the falcon, who likely doesn't have a tank]).
- Sentry Drones (you'll have to deploy them after Falcon's buddy has jammed you but before ECMs land. If ECMs land, aggressive drones will automatically start firing on the falcon, who again typically doesn't have a tank).

Seriously, there are multiple counters. Stop insulting the IQ of EVE Online players and start fitting for a proper fight (one that can likely feature a falcon showing).

More Character Customization :: Especially compared to what we had in 2003...

BoSau Hotim
Uitraan Diversified Holdings Incorporated
#53 - 2013-09-13 16:22:00 UTC
Don't you love the people who post on the forums to get rid of ships that scare the wittle bitty daylights out of them.

I'm not a carebear... I'm a SPACE BARBIE!  Now... where's Ken?

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#54 - 2013-09-13 16:23:08 UTC
Such new and interesting ideas.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#55 - 2013-09-13 16:24:38 UTC
What rational people saw:

Isis Dea wrote:
- FoF Missiles.
- WCS (because that Falcon won't have a scramble/disruptor and if in small-scale warfare, simply bail... Unless you want to protect your epeen? In which case, please, biomass yourself).
- ECCM (there's now skills for additional butter).
- ECM Burst (then warp out).
- Bring a buddy (clearly the Falcon's not solo either) in a missile boat w/FoFs or a drone boat with a small smart bomb [where he simply burns up to falcon, kick out drones and hits him with the smart bomb. If your drones are set to aggressive, they're automatically light up the falcon, who likely doesn't have a tank]).
- Sentry Drones (you'll have to deploy them after Falcon's buddy has jammed you but before ECMs land. If ECMs land, aggressive drones will automatically start firing on the falcon, who again typically doesn't have a tank).

Seriously, there are multiple counters. Stop insulting the IQ of EVE Online players and start fitting for a proper fight (one that can likely feature a falcon showing).

What the complainers saw:

Isis Dea wrote:
Blah blah Blah BLah blaH EFFORT blah FORETHOUGHT bLah Blah blah
Isis Dea
Society of Adrift Hope
#56 - 2013-09-13 16:30:35 UTC
I know people complain about drone mechanics but... want to be a ****? Take a Vexor Navy Issue, load up Garde IIs with a shi-boatload of tracking damage mods to drones, park them 20km off the inside of a FW complex. Sit on the entrance with a medium/small smart bomb, as people land, hit it, drones will AUTOMATICALLY go after them if on aggressive.

Want to be an uberdick? Fit two WCS to that same Vexor Navy.

More Character Customization :: Especially compared to what we had in 2003...

Phaade
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#57 - 2013-09-13 16:35:14 UTC
wowyouareacow wrote:

I second this motion.
Killian Redbeard
Ironhand Research and Industrial Corp
#58 - 2013-09-13 16:38:44 UTC
BoSau Hotim wrote:
Don't you love the people who post on the forums to get rid of ships that scare the wittle bitty daylights out of them.

Shuttles scare me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiR5Q72kT1U
Leigh Akiga
Kuhri Innovations
#59 - 2013-09-13 16:43:14 UTC
wowyouareacow wrote:

In order to understand what is currently overpowered- one only needs to look at what the 0.0 power blocs run in nullsec. For a good 2 years it was drakefleet. Yeah that tank was amazing along with the damage projection of HM.

Currently it is drone-assist doctrines. Dominix, Ishtar, Gila, Slowcats. These ships in themselves are not overpowered but the drone-assist (250 people assisting drones to one guy with a target painter) is overpowered.

No one has ever run a Falcon fleet or even had more than a handful in any fleet. They are small gang force multipliers.
Vrenth
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2013-09-13 20:08:27 UTC
wowyouareacow wrote:

Please point to the place on this model Falcon ship that you couldn't touch, so we can further understand your insecurities.