These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Please remove falcons from the game

First post First post
Author
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2013-09-13 11:01:35 UTC
Kitty Bear wrote:
Sensor Dampers have a longer range than ECM

There is no problem

[edit]
fyi your statement applies equally to all force multipliers in the game
Recons, Logistics & Command ships, Interdictors

see how crap your suggesting eve become now.

If you're sensor damped you have a counter. If you're falconed you're screwed.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#22 - 2013-09-13 11:03:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Seraph Essael
Someone buthurt because someone was flying something that made him lose a ship? Naaaaaaaaaw Big smile

Damnit there was a hero fit Ibis and I couldn't hit him and kill him in my Naga! Remove Ibis's from the game!!! They're ruining it!!!

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

psycho freak
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2013-09-13 11:03:26 UTC
please remove whineing f4gs from game

my spelling sux brb find phone number for someone who gives a fu*k

nop cant find it

Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#24 - 2013-09-13 11:07:16 UTC
Falcons were already nerfed hard by adding the sensor comp skills and buffing the sensor strength of so many ships, like the new HACs. And yet people still whine about them Roll

Icarus Able
Refuse.Resist
#25 - 2013-09-13 11:08:06 UTC
Mayybe just put the ECM bonus on the falcon lower. Blackbirds arent half as bad.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#26 - 2013-09-13 11:41:46 UTC
Tippia wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Straight

He said falcons. We can have one.

Liked for the old guard Simpsons reference.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tyrton
Imbecile MIiss Managment and Disasters
Intergalactic Interstellar Interns
#27 - 2013-09-13 11:59:30 UTC
Tippia wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Straight

He said falcons. We can have one.

ok i am keeping mine the rest of you pony up.
Tyrton
Imbecile MIiss Managment and Disasters
Intergalactic Interstellar Interns
#28 - 2013-09-13 12:01:20 UTC
PS: no one has hate on for rook ..... so i will keep those as well
Gun Dulf
#29 - 2013-09-13 12:15:11 UTC
Terrorfrodo wrote:
Falcons were already nerfed hard by adding the sensor comp skills and buffing the sensor strength of so many ships, like the new HACs.

lmao Roll

zitti kitillabi billabi billabi zikko di zakkobam fisch kitti bisch

Dring Dingle
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2013-09-13 12:21:01 UTC
Lets just take a look at the jammy hullls... shall we?

Tengu... ~ 66 days + death = skill loss
12.5% bonus to ECM target jammer optimal range per level.
and 10% bonus to ECM target jammer strength per level

Scorpion... Considerably easy to train into... ~ 4 - 5 days
15% bonus to ECM Target Jammer strength

Falcon... longer to train into... ~ 67 - 70 days
30% bonus to ECM Target Jammer strength per level

Widow... MUCH MUCH longer to train into... 137 - 140 days
30% bonus to ECM target jammer strength

HRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Shocked

HERE IN LIES THE ISSUE.

YES... im just talking about just sitting in it... but it is still a comparable level to work off.

WIDOW should be the highest, at 30%... well because 30% is well and truly enough... and ship classes should be scaled backwards from there.

Fix....
Falcon
15-20% bonus to ECM Target Jammer strength per level.
mr tengue.... .
well he already is tanky enough and is supposed to be a jack of all trades and master of none. so he can probably stay.

That is all.

o7 Dringy.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#31 - 2013-09-13 12:24:33 UTC
Dring Dingle wrote:
WIDOW should be the highest, at 30%... well because 30% is well and truly enough... and ship classes should be scaled backwards from there.
Ok. But then, of course, the Widow would have to lose its cruise and torp bonuses, its cloaking ability, its jump and bridging ability, and no longer be classified as a battleship…

…or maybe it's not actually a case of the kind of linear progression you think it is. Maybe the Falcon is supposed to be at the top at the jamming game because that's its entire purpose?
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#32 - 2013-09-13 12:30:11 UTC
The thread is an example of the fact that no amount of nerfing is good enough to some people unless the thing nerfed becomes less than useless. CCP already fixed the Falcon to be less overwhelming than it was, before they did the game was literally Falcons Online lol.

I don't know which gets more crying from small gang pvp types, Falcons or Logistics. It's like they haven't learned that you can *gasp* bring your own falcons and or logistics.
Dring Dingle
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2013-09-13 12:45:15 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Dring Dingle wrote:
Ok. But then, of course, the Widow would have to lose its cruise and torp bonuses, its cloaking ability, its jump and bridging ability, and no longer be classified as a battleship…

…or maybe it's not actually a case of the kind of linear progression you think it is. Maybe the Falcon is supposed to be at the top at the jamming game because that's its entire purpose?

While i am only referencing the "jamming skills" in my last post ..... and you are saying that the widow should loose its other ability's if it were to be king.......

Lets not forget all of the falcon's other traits...

*clears throat*

Caldari Cruiser Skill Bonus:
5% Bonus to Medium Hybrid Damage Per Level
10% Bonus to ECM Target Jammer capacitor use per level

Recon Ships Skill Bonus:
30% bonus to ECM Target Jammer strength per level and 20% reduction in CPU need for cloaking devices per level.

Role Bonus: 80% reduction in liquid ozone consumption for cynosural field generation and 50% reduction in cynosural field duration.

So arguably mr falcon isnt necessarily the final stage of progression either... I am just comparing the level of skill investment and, well... (left this out earlyier) the price tag of black ops. - theres a reason widow's / all blops for that matter are the No.1 bridgers. but lets not get too far off topic.

and btw - It is damn near impossible to fit a tank. torps/ crusie, ewar , damage mods, AND a bridging module on a widow. just like its very had to get the falcon to use all its skill buffs. So lets not get into a fitting arguement over (secondary) traits

I just dont believe the investment in skill training (and isk) of a falcon pilot should be any less than that of a widow for the same buff, on a clearly very powerful function...

o7

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#34 - 2013-09-13 12:51:39 UTC
Dring Dingle wrote:
While i am only referencing the "jamming skills" in my last post ..... and you are saying that the widow should loose its other ability's if it were to be king.......
Actually, I'm saying one ship having a longer training time has no relation to its having a higher bonus in some particular area — especially not when that area isn't even its main purpose.

Quote:
So arguably mr falcon isnt necessarily the final stage of progression either.
Except that it is. All recons are.

Quote:
I just dont believe the investment in skill training (and isk) of a falcon pilot should be any less than that of a widow for the same buff, on a clearly very powerful function.
Of course it should. It's a completely different ship with a completely different purpose, and the ISK isn't even a factor to begin with.
Dring Dingle
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2013-09-13 12:54:52 UTC

Quote:
I just dont believe the investment in skill training (and isk) of a falcon pilot should be any less than that of a widow for the same buff, on a clearly very powerful function.
Of course it should. It's a completely different ship with a completely different purpose, and the ISK isn't even a factor to begin with.[/quote]

.... LOL.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#36 - 2013-09-13 12:55:45 UTC
Dring Dingle wrote:
.... LOL.

Welcome to EVE, where bigger isn't better — only bigger.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#37 - 2013-09-13 13:28:49 UTC
you lot forgot the rook, and griffin and the kitsune

the rook and the kitsune should prolly be better than the falcon :S
Oswald Bolke
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-09-13 13:41:52 UTC
I think somebody is forgetting that no matter what you fly, somebody somewhere will have that one ship that will ruin your day.

hows about, if you see a falcon

get out
Anslo
Scope Works
#39 - 2013-09-13 13:42:40 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Straight

Your name sake is the reason Scope is rising to success.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2013-09-13 14:00:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Kidd
CCP Falcon wrote:
Straight

Allow me to translate CCP Falcon's response:

"We've decided to remove all ships that have any effect on the outcome of a fight because of incessant crying. Therefore, go forth in your pods and make war!"

A ship is only effective or it is not. We see this in attempt after attempt by CCP to rebalance ships. An effective ship is nerfed, another is buffed, and yet we still have ships that are effective and ships that aren't. The only things that really change is which ships are effective and which aren't.

The falcon has several counters......several....not singular. If you're unable to meet the falcon on the field then you're doing it wrong. Accept that and do what the rest of us do, turn around and run. Otherwise, if we're flying something that can counter the falcon or we've brought our own, then we fight.

This isn't a single player game where you're meant to win all the boss fights. Get over it.

Don't ban me, bro!