These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

GM clarification on rewording of the Terms of Service

First post First post First post
Author
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#661 - 2013-09-11 21:16:55 UTC
Pyth2 wrote:
So if someone is asking pyth2 here a question related to goonwaffe and I respond with pyth3, a neutral jita alt am I impersonating myself and misrepresenting my corp/alliance?

This policy is ******* dumb and stinks of GM Butthurt & GM Publord trying to change the game to reflect how they think it should be changed. **** this ****, lets burn Jita.

I'm a publord P and I find the new "totally not changed, even though we changed it to make playing the metagame a bannable offence" ToS(h) downright intellectually challenged.

Totally with you on burning something.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Ganque
Ganque's Squad
#662 - 2013-09-11 21:17:27 UTC
Solstice Project's Alt wrote:
Yeep wrote:
What if I give someone permission to represent me then lie to the GMs about it?
What if I give someone permission to misrepresent me?
I hearby misrepresent you,
*without* your permission !

HA ! IN YOUR FACE !

Naughty, naughty, nothing good comes of liars and misrepresenters, just ask GM Grimmi
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#663 - 2013-09-11 21:17:45 UTC
Ali Aras wrote:
I was unaware that posting acknowledging concerns and promising to use the tools at my disposal to work to resolve them constituted a "brush-off". I meant what I said when I said that I'd seen a lot of good come out of the CSM process, more than just "a devblog once in a while". The fact that we work primarily under NDA and outside of the public eye can make it hard to see, especially when our efforts avert a crisis instead of responding to one.

How soon until we can vote you out of the CSM? If you're going to use the NDA to cover yourself then just stop posting in this thread because you're making the situation worse.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Lady Areola Fappington
#664 - 2013-09-11 21:17:53 UTC
Vatek wrote:
Blawrf McTaggart wrote:
you have more space likes than me

this can not stand

I bet you'd have a lot of spacelikes if you represented yourself as the spokesperson for the EVE furry community.

You wouldn't even get banned for impersonation since it's not false!

As the biggest furry that ever did murr on EVE, I can confirm:

Blawrf McTaggart is the yiffcaptain of my heart.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#665 - 2013-09-11 21:20:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Ganque wrote:
Pyth2 wrote:
So if someone is asking pyth2 here a question related to goonwaffe and I respond with pyth3, a neutral jita alt am I impersonating myself and misrepresenting my corp/alliance?

This policy is ******* dumb and stinks of GM Butthurt & GM Publord trying to change the game to reflect how they think it should be changed. **** this ****, lets burn Jita.

I see what you're saying, So just to be clear do goonswarm recruit outside the SA forums?

GoonSwarm does, but the Goons do not, except in the cases when they let people in anyway.
Oh, and of course, GoonSwarm isn't really recruiting at all…
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#666 - 2013-09-11 21:20:55 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Pyth2 wrote:

I'm a publord P and I find the new "totally not changed, even though we changed it to make playing the metagame a bannable offence" ToS(h) downright intellectually challenged.

Totally with you on burning something.

Yes, let's give everyone a nice grr goons distraction.

If you try to sell burn jita "avoid gank" passes though you might be banned

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#667 - 2013-09-11 21:21:49 UTC
Ganque wrote:
Pyth2 wrote:

I see what you're saying, So just to be clear do goonswarm recruit outside the SA forums?

We have pubbies (in the sense of not owning a SA account when they joined GoonWaffe) in GoonWaffe

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jonah Gravenstein
#668 - 2013-09-11 21:22:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Alavaria Fera wrote:

What about selling hot dogs to spectators?

Can I be a J4G?

I feel that, as both a pubbie and a carebear, with a penchant for suicide ganking other carebears with an alt so that I can sell them more stuff, I don't get demonised as much as I deserve. Being a Goon, and a J4G would satisfy my masochistic urges for vilification and demonisation.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#669 - 2013-09-11 21:25:37 UTC
Ivan Krividus wrote:
Don't worry, if the GMs lie to us its against TOS,

Except that we'd have to share GM correspondence to determine whether they've lied to us, which is itself a TOS violation, so...

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#670 - 2013-09-11 21:25:37 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

I don't know, it seems interacting with players can carry significant "getting banned by gm" risks.

I recommend halting player interactions for a while.

Vatek
Rents Due Crew
#671 - 2013-09-11 21:26:05 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

Only if the hotdogs aren't falsely represented as being 100% beef.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#672 - 2013-09-11 21:26:55 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

You would get banned for selling something impersonating food.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Vatek
Rents Due Crew
#673 - 2013-09-11 21:28:28 UTC
Damn it, yours is better. Knock that off.
Ganque
Ganque's Squad
#674 - 2013-09-11 21:28:50 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Ganque wrote:
Pyth2 wrote:

We have pubbies (in the sense of not owning a SA account when they joined GoonWaffe) in GoonWaffe

Thanks Alvaria, but I want an answer from pyth3 on this ideally, or perhaps another non-goon alt of a goon but nonetheless still a cfc representative just to clear matters up to my total satisfaction.
Aryth
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#675 - 2013-09-11 21:29:25 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Ganque wrote:
Pyth2 wrote:

GoonSwarm does, but the Goons do not, except in the cases when they let people in anyway.

We have a sponsorship system. Similar, but far more strict than other alliances vouching system. Aka, anything that befalls your sponsoree can befall you too.

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

Vatek
Rents Due Crew
#676 - 2013-09-11 21:32:13 UTC
Ganque wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Ganque wrote:
Pyth2 wrote:

Thanks Alvaria, but I want an answer from pyth3 on this ideally, or perhaps another non-goon alt of a goon but nonetheless still a cfc representative just to clear matters up to my total satisfaction.

I see what you're trying to do here. Straight
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#677 - 2013-09-11 21:33:02 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Ivan Krividus wrote:
Don't worry, if the GMs lie to us its against TOS,

Except that we'd have to share GM correspondence to determine whether they've lied to us, which is itself a TOS violation, so...

And it's handled on a case by case basis...

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Georgina Parmala
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#678 - 2013-09-11 21:34:14 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

I glanced at that and initially read it as sell hot drops to spectators.

If I sell someone a spectator ticket to a hot drop, but don't actually have access to a bridging ship, does that mean they can report me for falsely representing myself as a member of the hotdropper player group?

Science and Trade Institute [STI] is an NPC entity and as such my views do not represent those of the entity or any of its members

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=276984&p=38

Jonah Gravenstein
#679 - 2013-09-11 21:35:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
I suppose this new "not changed at all, honest" ToS means that my contracts containing exotic dancers and labeled as Calendar Girls/ Tiger Woods Harem/ female cast of *insert film here* are now petitionable Cry

Georgina Parmala wrote:

I glanced at that and initially read it as sell hot drops to spectators.

That would technically mean you charge the spectator to spectate at their own hot drop, I like the way you think.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#680 - 2013-09-11 21:35:39 UTC
Aryth wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Ganque wrote:
Pyth2 wrote:

We have a sponsorship system. Similar, but far more strict than other alliances vouching system. Aka, anything that befalls your sponsoree can befall you too.

Can I get sponsored? I promise not to be a PL alt...

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.