These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Slow Forum loading, no connection to TQ. This is me ... singing. It's more of an oprah.

First post
Author
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2013-09-06 20:46:06 UTC
Mag's wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
Oh btw ... can you help ?
No, sorry.
Ah, that's okay.
What do you think about SoundWave leaving ?
Mag's
Azn Empire
#22 - 2013-09-06 20:56:27 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Mag's wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
Oh btw ... can you help ?
No, sorry.
Ah, that's okay.
What do you think about SoundWave leaving ?
TBH this is the first I've heard of it. RL work has been keeping me really busy of late, so not had the time to forum whore.

Not sure I'm that bothered tbh. People come people go, we just hope they don't screw the game too much while they are here I guess.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#23 - 2013-09-06 20:59:30 UTC
Applicable:

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Ressiv
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-09-06 21:03:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Ressiv
Solstice Project wrote:
funny description of DNS issue with cheap routers acting as DHCP server and using their own LAN-IP as DNS relay for the clients, causing NS lookups to take ages when the router is bussy handling traffic

IT guy checking in. Reconfigure your DHCP to use your ISP's DNS server adresses. If unsure what those are, check your WAN configuration. DNS servers listed there, should be the ones asigned to your DHCP clients as well.

(If this looks like Chinese to you, let me know where you left off)
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2013-09-06 21:17:01 UTC
Ressiv wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
funny description of DNS issue with cheap routers acting as DHCP server and using their own LAN-IP as DNS relay for the clients, causing NS lookups to take ages when the router is bussy handling traffic

IT guy checking in. Reconfigure your DHCP to use your ISP's DNS server adresses. If unsure what those are, check your WAN configuration. DNS servers listed there, should be the ones asigned to your DHCP clients as well.

(If this looks like Chinese to you, let me know where you left off)

It's funny you come up with this.

Just days ago i had a complete disconnect from DNS on my landline,
so i looked up googles public DNS servers and entered them.

My DNS servers are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-09-06 21:19:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Additionally ... you're right. The router was set as DNS relay, (the old settings)
but i never heard that it was a bad thing to have.
Ressiv
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-09-06 21:47:01 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Additionally ... you're right. The router was set as DNS relay, (the old settings)

It shouldn't ... but I notice it all the time. People having issues with their Android devices on wifi: same problem.

For some reason the routers choke when they have to take care of dns requests and relays... my guess is that their firware sucks X
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2013-09-06 21:51:19 UTC
Ressiv wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

It shouldn't ... but I notice it all the time. People having issues with their Android devices on wifi: same problem.

For some reason the routers choke when they have to take care of dns requests and relays... my guess is that their firware sucks X
My guess would be that your guess might be right.

Thanks for your input !
Although unrelated, still nice to know !
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#29 - 2013-09-06 22:48:10 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Dude, is it really necessary to quote my whole post ?
No, that's why I did this : *snip*

13. Pyramid quoting is prohibited.

Pyramid quoting is a response to a forum thread that contains the quotes of four or more previous posters, sometimes with additional spaces added unnecessarily. This kind of posting often distorts the layout of the forums and can cause issues with readability for some users.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2013-09-06 22:50:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
Dude, is it really necessary to quote my whole post ?
No, that's why I did this : *snip*

13. Pyramid quoting is prohibited.

Pyramid quoting is a response to a forum thread that contains the quotes of four or more previous posters, sometimes with additional spaces added unnecessarily. This kind of posting often distorts the layout of the forums and can cause issues with readability for some users.

Cheers ! :D

Edit:

Can *you* help me ? :D
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#31 - 2013-09-06 23:02:42 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
]Cheers ! :D

Edit:

Can *you* help me ? :D
Nope.
Mag's wrote:
My interwebs is just fine, but at times this forum feels like molasses in winter. Slow connection or simply times out, forgets posts, still getting we were ganked pages.
Now imagine moderating this forum while encountering the same problems as everyone else...Blink

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Previous page12