These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Sanmatar

Author
Shintoko Akahoshi
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2013-09-11 22:21:31 UTC
For that statistic to matter, Darkefyre, the other 60% would have to stand together. And, well...

Bio and writing

(Nothing I say is indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated)

Gabriel Darkefyre
Gradient
Electus Matari
#62 - 2013-09-12 11:12:25 UTC
Shintoko Akahoshi wrote:
For that statistic to matter, Darkefyre, the other 60% would have to stand together. And, well...

Indeed, Ms. Akahoshi. However, that assumes that the 40% stand together and speak with a single voice for a single purpose. I did do a bit of Digging on the Statistics.

From Official Sources, the Amarr Empire does indeed comprise 40% of the Inhabited Solar Systems however they only comprise 25% of the Cluster's Population. I cannot find official Statistics regarding the population in the rest of the Cluster who follow the Amarr Religion.

Which Brings the Percentage of the Population with similar Social and Religious Views down to 25% which also comes with the assumption that the Empire speaks and acts as a single entity. I'd say the actual percentage of the Empire with comparable views would be much lower especially amongst the Commoner Class. The Nobility may push hardest for the Reclaiming, but most ordinary people will simply want to live their lives unconcerned with what does not affect them directly.
Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#63 - 2013-09-12 12:07:18 UTC
Eran Mintor wrote:
The Minmatar people have always been a warring race...

I thought better of you than this, Eran.

We were so easy to conquer because we had known peace, and no need of weapons, for many centuries before the Day of Darkness. Yes, small scale inter-Clan squabbles occurred, they do between houses in the Empire, Megas in the State, you name it, that does not make us a "warring" race. An interfamily squabble does not make us a "Warring race".

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#64 - 2013-09-12 12:10:08 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
I do not think we need a new Sanmatar.

I think we need a new Parliament and a new Prime Minister.

May I remind the good readers that Sanmatar Shakor came to power after a lot of government officials and parliament were awfully conveniently murdered and the Yulai incident threw us all off balance, right after the sitting Prime Minister had called for Shakor's removal from government? That he then called for removing the established system of government and its replacement by a vaguely defined "Tribal Council"?

What exactly is "tribal" about accepting without word the murders without trial of officials of the tribes, and then replacing the governing system of the tribes had agreed on by a system devised by one man's vision?

Kind of raises a few questions about the subsequent assassination of Midular, doesn't it?

I hate, hate, hate agreeing with Blake on this.

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#65 - 2013-09-12 12:11:15 UTC
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Eran: If you ever need help in returning, give me a secure line. Many things are possible for capsuleers and we have sheltered worse.

Else

Who?

Elsebeth Rhiannon
Gradient
Electus Matari
#66 - 2013-09-12 12:30:58 UTC
I'll tell you somewhere else than public. No one you currently fly with.
Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#67 - 2013-09-12 12:35:02 UTC
Gabriel Darkefyre wrote:
Nauplius wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Let me just save us all some time: nothing you just described is ever going to happen, and at least at some level you are fully aware of this, so learn to live in reality.

My reality is New Eden, the same New Eden in which some fourty percent of the population has social and religious views that are roughly equal to mine.

Interesting thing about Statistics, they tend to require verifiable sources to be generally accepted. However, hypothetically, let us assume your figure of 40% is correct.

That would mean that 60% of New Eden's Population has Social and Religious Views that are not Equal to yours.

Math is hard when you're used to making slaves do it for you.

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

Kyllsa Siikanen
Tuonelan Virta
#68 - 2013-09-12 12:43:02 UTC
Morwen Lagann wrote:
Gabriel Darkefyre wrote:
Nauplius wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Let me just save us all some time: nothing you just described is ever going to happen, and at least at some level you are fully aware of this, so learn to live in reality.

My reality is New Eden, the same New Eden in which some fourty percent of the population has social and religious views that are roughly equal to mine.

Interesting thing about Statistics, they tend to require verifiable sources to be generally accepted. However, hypothetically, let us assume your figure of 40% is correct.

That would mean that 60% of New Eden's Population has Social and Religious Views that are not Equal to yours.

So that's why Sebiestor slaves are so popular in the Empire!

“Crying is all right in its own way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.” 

― C.S. Lewis 

Constantin Baracca
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#69 - 2013-09-12 16:21:46 UTC
Kyllsa Siikanen wrote:
Morwen Lagann wrote:
Gabriel Darkefyre wrote:
Nauplius wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:

So that's why Sebiestor slaves are so popular in the Empire!

Not the whole Empire, just the parts where a moment of intellectual introspection is a man wondering if it would be more efficient for a slave to bring him a spitoon so he doesn't have to get up from his chase lounge to use the bathroom.

It's absolutely depressing when you go to meet someone important and end up hammering out details with a slave because his master is too lazy to even handle the control of his house.

"What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?"

-Matthew 16:26

Drax Concrilla
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#70 - 2013-09-12 17:37:54 UTC
Gabriel Darkefyre wrote:
Shintoko Akahoshi wrote:

Which Brings the Percentage of the Population with similar Social and Religious Views down to 25% which also comes with the assumption that the Empire speaks and acts as a single entity. I'd say the actual percentage of the Empire with comparable views would be much lower especially amongst the Commoner Class. The Nobility may push hardest for the Reclaiming, but most ordinary people will simply want to live their lives unconcerned with what does not affect them directly.

This statement couldn't be more true. Even among the higher class, which I was (un)fortunate enough to be born into, there is some dissent and many who do not follow the old ways. Indeed, it is rumored that even the False Empress Jamyl did not strictly follow the more cumbersome (read: inconvenient) tenets of the Amarr faith until it was politically advantageous to do so.
Ray Mitar
Ganksters Inc
#71 - 2013-09-20 02:47:24 UTC
Living up to a historic title, while running an emerging Republic is not easy. I hope as time moves forward it becomes a better fit for him then it currently seems to be.
N'maro Makari
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#72 - 2013-09-21 15:07:00 UTC
Matar Ronin wrote:
The false cult of the slavers and their worship of the three isk hooker spawn of diseased Fedo, Jamyl Sarum, is coming to an end. The Emissary of the one true Almighty God has established the Church Of Victorious Eradication, C.O.V.E., and he brings good news and glad tidings to all the people of New Eden who will repent their evil ways and once again worship the one true God of our ancestors, and allow the light of universal L.O.V.E. to blaze a trail that burns away the evil dreams and machinations of the real enemies of all the freedom loving and faithful people of New Eden. We once again embrace the universal truths of the ancient religion of the Matari, C.OV.E. will be the vessel that spreads the truth and enlightenment to all the souls of New Eden.

Unless this is really ham-fisted sarcasm, pipe down and actually read our history. Cousin.

**Vherokior **

Matar Ronin
#73 - 2013-10-06 02:53:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Matar Ronin
N'maro Makari wrote:
Matar Ronin wrote:
The false cult of the slavers and their worship of the three isk hooker spawn of diseased Fedo, Jamyl Sarum, is coming to an end. The Emissary of the one true Almighty God has established the Church Of Victorious Eradication, C.O.V.E., and he brings good news and glad tidings to all the people of New Eden who will repent their evil ways and once again worship the one true God of our ancestors, and allow the light of universal L.O.V.E. to blaze a trail that burns away the evil dreams and machinations of the real enemies of all the freedom loving and faithful people of New Eden. We once again embrace the universal truths of the ancient religion of the Matari, C.OV.E. will be the vessel that spreads the truth and enlightenment to all the souls of New Eden.

Unless this is really ham-fisted sarcasm, pipe down and actually read our history. Cousin.
Quote:
In nature large aggressive powerful predators often climb to the top of the food chain, with long fangs, sharp claws, thick hides, impenetrable scales, propelled by massive muscles they mercilessly achieve dominance, this has been the path taken by the Amarr Empire in New Eden, the way of the beast.

However nature always adjusts, adapts, evolves, seemingly never long satisfied with the status quo, the powerful predators are one day over taken by the smarter, faster, and more cunning, using strategic cooperation they can join forces and with the patience born of the hunt prevail against the mighty merciless beasts, that is the path taken by the Matari people, the way of mankind.

You might think the smarter men can not prevail against the massive empire of the beasts, you would be wrong, the beasts grow complacent, they have lost the edge that enabled their climb towards dominance, they grow dull witted and lethargic. We must strike them from all sides, with the ferocity of righteous retribution, whenever and where ever they are encountered, and as they turn to retaliate we must melt away, and never give them a fight they can possibly win.

This is nothing the Minmatar Republic can do, treaties and trade would disable them before they could even begin, this is a duty that falls to all the people of New Eden who reject slavery, who reject violent conquest, who reject the false faith of the drug peddling slavers.

Are you a beast or are you a Man?

Ray-Of Matar, Emissary of The One True God
From his sermon: Edge Of The Abyss

Cousin our history is wider then perhaps you have yet discovered, I encourage your journey into our great diversity.

‘Vain flame burns fast/and its lick is light/Modest flame lasts long/and burns to the bone.’

" We lost a war we chose not to fight." Without a doubt this is the best way to lose any war and the worst excuse to explain the beating afterwards.

Eran Mintor
Metropolis Commercial Consortium
#74 - 2013-10-06 03:03:44 UTC
Um....interesting, I guess.

-Eran
Ray Mitar
Ganksters Inc
#75 - 2013-10-17 06:15:33 UTC
As events transpire we will see the Sanmatar grow into his title. Tribal morale has been higher since the government realignment. Despite some past and of course probable future stumbling, it appears the Republic for the moment is in good hands.

That fact of course pains our enemies.

We have a long history of peaceful united self governance. I am hopeful with the return of the Elders, the reunification of all the tribes, and a well accepted Sanmatar leading the way, we can begin distancing ourselves from the horrors of our recent past.
Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#76 - 2013-10-17 06:56:25 UTC
Not to be a wet blanket Pilot Mitar but, it seems to me that since the deposing of the Midular government and the Parliament we've taken steps backwards in several significant ways. From the way in which the Sanmatar came to power, the diversion of public funds to build a secret war fleet, the attack on CONCORD, to the more recent violations of sovereign territory we're sadly now viewed by many in the cluster as no better than galactic gangsters at best, or as out of control spoiled children with weapons of mass destruction at worst.

Believe me pilot, it pains me greatly to say this. You have no idea how much it hurts. However, truth must be told though the heavens may fall.

I am Matari. I've fought for our people my entire adult life. I will continue to do so. However, we're owed better than what we've gotten from our government in the last five years. What's been done in our name doesn't reflect who we are as a people for the most part. I don't want to be a member of a pariah state. We're better than that. We should demand better.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Ray Mitar
Ganksters Inc
#77 - 2013-10-17 07:09:54 UTC
Anabella Rella wrote:
Not to be a wet blanket Pilot Mitar but, it seems to me that since the deposing of the Midular government and the Parliament we've taken steps backwards in several significant ways. From the way in which the Sanmatar came to power, the diversion of public funds to build a secret war fleet, the attack on CONCORD, to the more recent violations of sovereign territory we're sadly now viewed by many in the cluster as no better than galactic gangsters at best, or as out of control spoiled children with weapons of mass destruction at worst.

Believe me pilot, it pains me greatly to say this. You have no idea how much it hurts. However, truth must be told though the heavens may fall.

I am Matari. I've fought for our people my entire adult life. I will continue to do so. However, we're owed better than what we've gotten from our government in the last five years. What's been done in our name doesn't reflect who we are as a people for the most part. I don't want to be a member of a pariah state. We're better than that. We should demand better.

Pilot Rella your contributions to freeing the Minmatar people are greatly appreciated. We need more people like you willing to stand on a line and dare the slavery cultists to cross it.

I often hear of the diverted funds in regard to the current government. As we capsuleers know, the time it took to construct the Elders Fleet. That timeline absolutely indicates the diversion of funds happened under our former Parliament during the Midular government, on her watch.

An unpleasant yet nonetheless inescapable fact that is quickly swept under the carpet. Those of us who are citizens of the Minmatar Republic certainly demand better. Pointing fingers at the wrong people will not direct us to that better future. We need to move into the future and not dwell in the mistakes of our past.
Ray Mitar
Ganksters Inc
#78 - 2013-10-17 07:24:40 UTC
Anabella Rella wrote:

I think our dispute with the Gallente was ill-advised at best.

Concord stood in the way of emancipating some of our people. That should serve as a lesson to the entire cluster. The Minmatar people will agress anyone who stands between us and emancipating our enslaved kinsmen.

The cluster is a big busy place, your fears of being labeled a pariah state are not well grounded in my humble opinion. Every human empire has a bad reputation with someone else. I don't think the Minmatar Republic, the youngest, is expected to be flawless. At least not by anyone with a sense of fairness.

We must do better. We must demand better. I feel we are on the path of both.
Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#79 - 2013-10-17 11:33:13 UTC
I cannot support my sister's - Else and Ana, in case anyone wonders - earlier statements strongly enough. It is impossible to build the road ahead when we are constantly looking behind. We cannot regain any lost glory, or freedom, we cannot undo the centuries of horror that our ancestors endured. I want my people and my nation to look ahead.

I am Minmatar. Chasing after some mythical past will not make me more "Minmatar". It will just keep me and mine hungry.

We're still waiting. Sadly, it is beginning to seem that we will be waiting for a long time yet.

San La Muerte
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#80 - 2013-10-17 16:13:12 UTC
The reintroduction of the Sanmatar title is a useful initiative, like hanging a big target around their neck.

I only hope to be the one who takes the final shot.

"I am the harbinger of hope.  I am the sword of the righteous and to all who hear my words I say this: what you give to this empire, I shall give back unto you" - Empress Jamyl Sarum I at her coronation.