These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Winter Expansion - More clothing options

Author
Reiisha
#81 - 2013-10-30 10:02:59 UTC
Need more shiny catsuits. Seen it in 2008 already dammit.

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Celeste Lovette
#82 - 2013-10-30 10:07:37 UTC
Reiisha wrote:
Need more shiny catsuits. Seen it in 2008 already dammit.

Hooo Yes, I remember this one Cool
Red Catsuit

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

Reiisha
#83 - 2013-10-30 10:10:44 UTC
Celeste Lovette wrote:
Reiisha wrote:
Need more shiny catsuits. Seen it in 2008 already dammit.

Hooo Yes, I remember this one Cool
Red Catsuit


Apparently black was available too last year on sisi...

Parts are even used on the Gallente poster you can get at the eve store. Wai this not in game CCP!? WAI!?

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#84 - 2013-10-30 10:29:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
Reiisha wrote:
Celeste Lovette wrote:
Reiisha wrote:
Need more shiny catsuits. Seen it in 2008 already dammit.

Hooo Yes, I remember this one Cool
Red Catsuit


Apparently black was available too last year on sisi...

Parts are even used on the Gallente poster you can get at the eve store. Wai this not in game CCP!? WAI!?



They were on Sisi in early 2012, for a single build.

Black and red "Dat Ass" jumpsuit, full set

Red and orange "Dat Ass" jumpsuit, body and shoulders

Black "Dat Ass" jumpsuit, body

"Domination" jumpsuit

(Names are fictional)

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2013-10-30 10:55:05 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
By the way, ISK sinks & stuff worth grinding for are "content" too.
With only one or two exceptions, none of the clothes are ISK sinks, though.

as soon as they meet market they are ISK sink

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#86 - 2013-10-30 10:56:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Sirinda
Hell, there also used to be a yellow version of the Prototype tattoo. They might as well throw that one into the NEX store for the peasants...I mean, those poor people who did not buy an SDE.

March rabbit wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
By the way, ISK sinks & stuff worth grinding for are "content" too.
With only one or two exceptions, none of the clothes are ISK sinks, though.

as soon as they meet market they are ISK sink


The clothes themselves are surely not ISK sinks. They just make ISK change hands.

The NEX store isn't, either. Whether you've bought the PLEX you're melting down from CCP's store or the ingame market, you don't affect the amount of ISK in the game at all.

An ISK sink's characterizing feature is the fact it removes ISK from the game - LP stores are, NPC taxes are. Items on the market are, by definition, not.
Jayna Crane
Khanid Intelligence Office
#87 - 2013-10-30 11:06:26 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:


Nice ones, didn't see it before Big smile

" When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#88 - 2013-10-30 12:27:59 UTC
Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2013-10-30 12:33:52 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:
Lingerie please

kthanx


Yes please. *also freefall sex cages*
Arduemont
The State of War.
#90 - 2013-10-30 12:39:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
March rabbit wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
By the way, ISK sinks & stuff worth grinding for are "content" too.
With only one or two exceptions, none of the clothes are ISK sinks, though.

as soon as they meet market they are ISK sink


No, because the ISK isn't destroyed. Only moved to the person selling them.

Edit: I was beaten to it. Damn.

That said, making them ISK sinks wouldn't be too difficult. Have some of them as LP rewards which require a certain amount of ISK as well. Done. Or, making them producible through PI. More people doing that would mean more taxes payed to NPCs. I'm sure there are many different (as well as easy) options for vanity items to benefit the game in more ways than just the visual.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Jarod Garamonde
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#91 - 2013-10-30 13:16:27 UTC
Sirinda wrote:
Hell, there also used to be a yellow version of the Prototype tattoo. They might as well throw that one into the NEX store for the peasants...I mean, those poor people who did not buy an SDE.

March rabbit wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
By the way, ISK sinks & stuff worth grinding for are "content" too.
With only one or two exceptions, none of the clothes are ISK sinks, though.

as soon as they meet market they are ISK sink


The clothes themselves are surely not ISK sinks. They just make ISK change hands.

The NEX store isn't, either. Whether you've bought the PLEX you're melting down from CCP's store or the ingame market, you don't affect the amount of ISK in the game at all.

An ISK sink's characterizing feature is the fact it removes ISK from the game - LP stores are, NPC taxes are. Items on the market are, by definition, not.


Those aren't, by definition, "ISK sinks", either... because NPC bounty payouts have to come from somewhere...

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

    [#savethelance]
Celeste Lovette
#92 - 2013-10-30 13:24:52 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:


Black "Dat Ass" jumpsuit, body

(Names are fictional)

Love this one Roll

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

Markku Laaksonen
EVE University
Ivy League
#93 - 2013-10-30 13:27:17 UTC
Clothe yourselves. Winter is coming.

DUST 514 Recruit Code - https://dust514.com/recruit/zluCyb/

EVE Buddy Invite - https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=047203f1-4124-42a1-b36f-39ca8ae5d6e2&action=buddy

Ashana Shari
#94 - 2013-10-30 13:52:22 UTC
Nice clothing, need some golden catsuit Twisted

" There is only one religion, though there are a hundred versions of it. "

Laura Soft
#95 - 2013-10-30 14:35:12 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Reiisha wrote:
Celeste Lovette wrote:
Reiisha wrote:
Need more shiny catsuits. Seen it in 2008 already dammit.

Hooo Yes, I remember this one Cool
Red Catsuit


Apparently black was available too last year on sisi...

Parts are even used on the Gallente poster you can get at the eve store. Wai this not in game CCP!? WAI!?



They were on Sisi in early 2012, for a single build.

Black and red "Dat Ass" jumpsuit, full set

Red and orange "Dat Ass" jumpsuit, body and shoulders

Black "Dat Ass" jumpsuit, body

"Domination" jumpsuit

(Names are fictional)

You have other stuff about what was planned ?
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#96 - 2013-10-30 15:00:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
Laura Soft wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Reiisha wrote:
Celeste Lovette wrote:
Reiisha wrote:
Need more shiny catsuits. Seen it in 2008 already dammit.

Hooo Yes, I remember this one Cool
Red Catsuit


Apparently black was available too last year on sisi...

Parts are even used on the Gallente poster you can get at the eve store. Wai this not in game CCP!? WAI!?



They were on Sisi in early 2012, for a single build.

Black and red "Dat Ass" jumpsuit, full set

Red and orange "Dat Ass" jumpsuit, body and shoulders

Black "Dat Ass" jumpsuit, body

"Domination" jumpsuit

(Names are fictional)

You have other stuff about what was planned ?


Yes. These are original designs made in 2008 by artist Harpa Einarsdóttir; of them two have been rendered to 3D (the exotic dancer was present ina set of still photos, and the red catsuit was on Sisi once). You may notice the extremely SF-esque appearence of these sets, compared to the plain boring stuff we eventually got.

(Note: most bloodlines are not identified, so I'm just guessing who's who)

Unidentified male

Amarran? female

Jin Mei female

Caldari? male

Verokhior? female

Exotic Dancer

Intaki female

Achura? female

Jin Mei female

Gallente female (yes, it's the prototype to the "Dat Ass" catsuit)

Unidentifed female

Sebiestor? female

Jin Mei female

Achuran? Female

Caldari? female

Khanid? female

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Jayna Crane
Khanid Intelligence Office
#97 - 2013-10-30 15:17:22 UTC
Great job, hope we can have those outfits in the future Big smile

" When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."

Celeste Lovette
#98 - 2013-10-30 15:23:24 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:


Yes. These are original designs made in 2008 by artist Harpa Einarsdóttir; of them two have been rendered to 3D (the exotic dancer was present ina set of still photos, and the red catsuit was on Sisi once). You may notice the extremely SF-esque appearence of these sets, compared to the plain boring stuff we eventually got.

(Note: most bloodlines are not identified, so I'm just guessing who's who)

Unidentified male

Amarran? female

Jin Mei female

Caldari? male

Verokhior? female

Exotic Dancer

Intaki female

Achura? female

Jin Mei female

Gallente female (yes, it's the prototype to the "Dat Ass" catsuit)

Unidentifed female

Sebiestor? female

Jin Mei female

Achuran? Female

Caldari? female

Khanid? female


Wooow nice ! thx

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

xKOMODOx
#99 - 2013-10-30 17:00:50 UTC
I vote for Geisha costume, we need more space geisha.
JamDunc
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#100 - 2013-10-30 18:49:43 UTC  |  Edited by: JamDunc
Its sad thinking about how much time CCP wastes on stuff they never release. I bet they are one of the most productive studios out there, they just never release any of the stuff they make because they get it 95% of the way there and change their mind.

JUST RELEASE THE STUFF INTO LP STORES

I want a Quafe edition Apoc. I go to a Quafe station with an Apoc, 100,000 LP and 10,000,000 isk and its mine.

I want a Interbus T-Shirt? Go to Interbus station with LP and Isk and its mine.

But no. David Reed has another one of his awesome marketing ideas so it will get released for cash in the ALL NEW AMAZING SUPER AURUM STORE YOU HAVE ALL BEEN ASKING FOR.