These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

you want more people going to nullsec? then buff highsec!

First post First post
Author
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#81 - 2013-09-05 19:58:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
bloodknight2 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:


its not the risk, nullsec has even less risk vs. highsec... they play the game completely the same... there are more duels and battles infront of Jita vs. VFK ...trust me I have been there, the only thing happening in VFK is a guy shooting cynos, thats the PvP you get out there... check the killboards, Jita vs. VFK then you see who likes risk free space


There is more PVP in Jita because there is over 2000 players in the same system. Of course there is more pvp there than VFK Roll

Empire is riskier than null sec? You are lucky to be in null. I can't imagine your killboard if you had stayed in empire Lol

Seriously, stop being a troll.



you don't get the point, like usual... more players in jita, fine, guess why i made a suggestion to bring more players to nullsec

the only thing why you post is because you just want to talk against me, you do not even check the arguments anymore and the reason behind it... dull

you got what? 10 kills a month out there? wow... you have to wait so long for a kill that you have to go afk all the time, wow...

if that is how you want to play it fine, I did not like it, thats why I suggest some changes to have more going on out there
Motorbit
Moira.
Villore Accords
#82 - 2013-09-05 20:00:49 UTC
and cheaper prices then would make you leave the real eve gameplay of shooting 100's of red chrosses and start doing that other stuf these other guys do but with is borring to you?
yeah... totally reasonable line of argumentation there.

this post is pointless, you disqualified your own arguments. just invent another reason. though... i strongly suggest to make a new post for that.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#83 - 2013-09-05 20:05:02 UTC
Motorbit wrote:
and cheaper prices then would make you leave the real eve gameplay of shooting 100's of red chrosses and start doing that other stuf these other guys do but with is borring to you?
yeah... totally reasonable line of argumentation there.

this post is pointless, you disqualified your own arguments. just invent another reason. though... i strongly suggest to make a new post for that.


sure there would be other changes needed as well, maybe a superjumpgate that connects the univers better, so you can refit your ship faster and go back to fight, I would suggest the maximum jumps to get everywhere in eve should not be more like 15-20 jumps, a superjumpbridge connection could do the trick, like a super highway on certain points of the galaxy, connecting eachother
Georgina Parmala
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#84 - 2013-09-05 20:06:09 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

its not the risk, nullsec has even less risk vs. highsec... they play the game completely the same...

Autopilot a freighter from your "mission hub" in VFK to Jita with 1 bil of loot in the hold before you go to bed and tell me again how the same nullsec is.

Harry Forever wrote:

there are more duels and battles infront of Jita vs. VFK ...trust me I have been there

Harry Forever wrote:

no man, the jita example was just to show you that people like to duel there, because they like the risk

The risk of a throusand people watching unable to interfere because concord, that risk?

Or the risk where they are within docking range, have multiple logistics ships ready to keep them alive until they can dock, have legion and loki boosts in system - all "invulnerable" thanks to high sec magic.

Harry Forever wrote:
in VFK however, there is nothing going on vs. Jita...

I seem to have vaguely heard something about there being a war. So maybe they are at war instead of at home. Go say hi at the 1DH-SX undock.

Harry Forever wrote:
the ISK to buy PvP ships needs to be easier, for new players

A T2 fit pvp frig costs 10 mil. A noob fit is barely 2 mil. How much easier do you want it? Or do you expect noobs to pvp in marauders and die 10 times an hour?

Science and Trade Institute [STI] is an NPC entity and as such my views do not represent those of the entity or any of its members

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=276984&p=38

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#85 - 2013-09-05 20:07:37 UTC
Is somebody saying "Ni" to the forums?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2013-09-05 20:11:24 UTC
I think its more of a logistical thing rather than isk. I want to take a mega to deep null, no way Ill make it 60 jumps with running into a camp. I could squeeze it through a choke at downtime with luck and take it to npc null but its full of gankers wont survive long. So scouted out wormholes last night took 5 hours to find a reasonable exit n entry unfortunately it got camped so no go there. Now jumping it through low to another entry.

When I get there cant re-supply refit or repair.

I think for most people its just too much work to do to most likely get ganked or hot dropped on the first, second or if your lucky third tackle.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Motorbit
Moira.
Villore Accords
#87 - 2013-09-05 20:13:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Motorbit
ok, i try to rephrase it to make my point more easy to get:

you claim you need to be able to make more isk in highsec to do something in low / null sec you dont like. more isk will not make you like it any better.

just make a new post "buff higsec because isk is horny!". this at last would be hournest.
Moneta Curran
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#88 - 2013-09-05 20:13:46 UTC
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#89 - 2013-09-05 20:13:54 UTC
Georgina Parmala wrote:

...


you can't do **** with a frig, and you don't understand the Jita example either, people in highsec like risk, thats why they PvP infront of jita so much... in VFK they just dock and cry when I start shooting their cynos
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#90 - 2013-09-05 20:15:06 UTC
Motorbit wrote:
ok, i try to rephrase it to make my point more easy to get:

you claim you need more isk to be able to make more isk in highsec to do something you dont like. more isk will not make you like it any better.

just make a new post "buff higsec because isk is horny!". this at last would be hournest.


no more people need more isk to assure more people go out there and make it more fun, its just not fun because new players have to big of a hurdle to go out there with better ships
Motorbit
Moira.
Villore Accords
#91 - 2013-09-05 20:18:21 UTC
yeah. you dont need NORE WANT better ships. you want better skills.
as i told you 2 pages ago (and others much more early): pvp is cheap. compensating skills with isk will just bloat your lossmails.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#92 - 2013-09-05 20:18:42 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
I think its more of a logistical thing rather than isk. I want to take a mega to deep null, no way Ill make it 60 jumps with running into a camp. I could squeeze it through a choke at downtime with luck and take it to npc null but its full of gankers wont survive long. So scouted out wormholes last night took 5 hours to find a reasonable exit n entry unfortunately it got camped so no go there. Now jumping it through low to another entry.

When I get there cant re-supply refit or repair.

I think for most people its just too much work to do to most likely get ganked or hot dropped on the first, second or if your lucky third tackle.


yea thats another issue, thast why I suggested superstargates, those would connect the univers like a superhighway, there should not be more than 10-15 jumps to go everywhere in the galaxy... this could be done if there are superstargates that connect the univers on certain points...
Motorbit
Moira.
Villore Accords
#93 - 2013-09-05 20:21:07 UTC
Quote:
PvP is just too boring

Quote:
to assure more people go out there

let "the more people" ask for more isk to pvp then . its obviously not your reason.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#94 - 2013-09-05 20:21:16 UTC
Motorbit wrote:
yeah. you dont need NORE WANT better ships. you want better skills.
as i told you 2 pages ago (and others much more early): pvp is cheap. compensating skills with isk will just bloat your lossmails.


you never did PvP like it seems, you seem to have no clue

the skills of the gamers are not the issue, its the time, its how much time it consumes

one PvP kill kosts way more time vs. killing 100 PvE ships, thats not what a gamer wants when doing PvP

it's not enough, the best players do not get many kills, its by far not enough because of the reasons mentioned

not enough targets, too time consuming, etc.
Georgina Parmala
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#95 - 2013-09-05 20:21:32 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

you don't get the point, like usual... more players in jita, fine, guess why i made a suggestion to bring more players to nullsec

You did not suggest a way for more players to be in nullsec. Your suggestion takes people already in null sec making money, who could reship to pvp in the blink of an eye and gives them incentive to go make their money in high sec instead. Leaving null devoid of targets.

Harry Forever wrote:
there are more duels and battles infront of Jita vs. VFK ...trust me I have been there

I don't have to go anywhere. I can hit F10.

Ships destroyed last 24 hours
Jita: 147
1-SMEB: 76
1DH-SX: 115
and a dozen systems in the area with more than 10. And this campaign is just an uncontested structure grind with no local residents or defense.

Barleguet (0.1) 229 ships
Tama (0.3) 189 ships
Clellinon (0.8) 219 ships (miner ganks?)

500 ships popped in Catch in the last day
Curse looks not too far behind.

Jita is clearly the epicenter of PvP?

Science and Trade Institute [STI] is an NPC entity and as such my views do not represent those of the entity or any of its members

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=276984&p=38

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#96 - 2013-09-05 20:23:06 UTC
Motorbit wrote:
Quote:
PvP is just too boring

Quote:
to assure more people go out there

let "the more people" ask for more isk to pvp then . its obviously not your reason.


it is too boring because not enough do it because of the drawbacks, like ISK, timeconsuming etc.

you seem to not get it, therefore blocked as you do not find arguments against it either o/
Motorbit
Moira.
Villore Accords
#97 - 2013-09-05 20:25:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Motorbit
Harry Forever wrote:

you never did PvP like it seems, you seem to have no clue

yes. im a noob, and i tend to blow up at last 2 of my ships a day.
anyway, you just pushed this post a bit deeper into the cellar (with is quite an acchivement btw), but i will not lower myself to your level and start an epeen contest.


edit: oh he blocks ppl for discussing with him? what a cute girl XD
Georgina Parmala
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#98 - 2013-09-05 20:35:29 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Georgina Parmala wrote:

...


you can't do **** with a frig,

Just because YOU can't do **** with a frig, does not make a ship useless.

Focusing on Frigate training also gets you into sexy Assault Frigates in short order.
Harry Forever wrote:
and you don't understand the Jita example either, people in highsec like risk, thats why they PvP infront of jita so much... in VFK they just dock and cry when I start shooting their cynos


They PvP in front of Jita because they can dock when they are losing.
They PvP in front of Jita because their booster alt is not probable and does not have to jump gates exposing it to any risks at all
They PvP in front of Jita because their neutral remote reps on standby are invisible and protected by concord until they commit.

Station games are just an exercise in finding someone stupid enough to let you kill them. Just like every other aspect of PvP in EvE. The hardest part is letting them shoot back and giving them the illusion of winning all along.

If anything, station games are the big evil making people afraid of fighting and losing. It's the first pvp they are witness to / a part of. And it's a blinged out offgrid boosted neutral rep circlejerk with no room for people with no skill points or experience.

People don't pvp in high sec because they like risks, they do it because they can easily avoid the risks they don't want to take. People who like risks don't stay in high sec. Which is why I moved into a low class wormhole with a low sec static after only playing for a couple of months.

Science and Trade Institute [STI] is an NPC entity and as such my views do not represent those of the entity or any of its members

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=276984&p=38

Georgina Parmala
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#99 - 2013-09-05 20:43:38 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

one PvP kill kosts way more time vs. killing 100 PvE ships, thats not what a gamer wants when doing PvP

And that one hard earned kill gives infinitely more satisfaction than a million "PvE kills" to a gamer LIKE ME. Because they outsmarted and defeated another person, not destroyed a pixel programmed to suicide into you and put cash in your wallet. The hunt is often better than the catch.

It's like saying you would rather work at a fast food restaurant because you get to "make a hundred things a day" where if you were an architect instead it would take you months to design just one building.

Science and Trade Institute [STI] is an NPC entity and as such my views do not represent those of the entity or any of its members

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=276984&p=38

bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#100 - 2013-09-05 20:44:08 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:


you don't get the point, like usual... more players in jita, fine, guess why i made a suggestion to bring more players to nullsec

the only thing why you post is because you just want to talk against me, you do not even check the arguments anymore and the reason behind it... dull



You are wrong. I don't post because i want to talk **** about you. You think by buffing income, more players in empire will move to null. Even if you buff lv4's income by 10, you will not see more players trying pvp or going to null.

I know eve because i had a friend playing it. After 2-3 months, he asked me to join Légion du lys in null (they were with goonswarm at that time). I refused. Not because i feared PVP, but because my skills weren't good enough in my opinion. I thought i needed T2 guns and everything else T2 before PVPing. So for the next few weeks, i did PVE and i was working on my skill. My friends left Eve for WOW (yeah, ******* douchebag) and i left eve too for a few months. Came back, did PVE again and working on my skill until another friend offered me to join his corp in a WH. Since the CEO was french too, i accepted and this is where i saw how wrong i was. You don't need T2 gun, T2 ship or perfect skill for PVP. I have 3 alts in NPC corp and days after days, i read noobs who don't want to try PVP because they think they lack the skills.

Isk isn't a problem for most of us, but thinking we need good skills before trying pvp is and you will not fix this by buffing empire.