These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

you want more people going to nullsec? then buff highsec!

First post First post
Author
Plug in Baby
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2013-09-05 18:54:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Plug in Baby
T2 modules now cost about 100th of the time investment than they did in 2006 for standard grinding incomes.

Players are not pvping 100x more. Go figure.

Also Harry = MNG c/d?

This is not a forum alt, this is a forum main.

Moneta Curran
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2013-09-05 18:56:42 UTC
Harry is dissatisfied with the game. Let's change it, quick, before he leaves.
Mac Munoz
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2013-09-05 18:59:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Mac Munoz
Well I think it is quite clear Harry is incapable of listening and considering the possibility that maybe his view point may be a little off base. I have been following his threads for weeks now and was thinking maybe just maybe there is a glimmer of hope in the man and that he is just misunderstood, I see now he is too far gone. He doesn't play the same game we all seem to, hell I don't even know if he plays in the same physical universe we all play in.
Georgina Parmala
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#64 - 2013-09-05 19:03:41 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Julius Priscus wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

my suggestion would be to have higher profitable high sec anomalies, 30-50 million an hour minimum

this is where I KNEW you are trolling.

blocked.

So, you really don't have any idea what you are talking about then?

You want high sec profits to be buffed up to 50 mil an hour on the top end, when they are already double that.
You want to be able to make at least 30 mil an hour in high sec, when a mission runner only a few months old can already reach that.

I've played EvE for just over a year. I accumulated 20 billion isk in assets while plexing both my accounts. It's yet to have any effect on me in terms of making me take more risks. I've even recently joined an alliance that reimburses my losses and I still undock to shoot at people with the same frequency. I may be more willing to undock a billion isk ship than I was 6 months ago, but that by no means is required for decent day to day pvp. It also has more to do with me having the requisite skills (both as a player and a character) to make use of it than the isk to replace it.

I PvP as "little" as I do because :effort:. I didn't sign up to an MMO to run around alone with my pants down, but any time you try to organize multiple people it can feel like work. I'm not up for that on a daily basis when I come home from a management position. Undocking to make isk and chatting on coms has nothing to do with my fear of losing a ship or a need to make isk.

If there's one thing that would get me to shoot people more, particularly as a new player, it would perhaps be more opportunities for small scale pvp in high sec without having to join RvB or Faction Warfare. Making a 50 jump suicide run solo/with a couple of mates from high to null has never sounded too exciting to me. Especially considering the likelihood of just dying to a blob/gate camp. Or better yet, finding nothing and self destructing home, because I can make more money than the ship and pod are worth in the time the trip back will take. And who would I run into out there anyway, if everyone was making their ISK in High Sec? At least when I rat in Null sec I welcome people coming into the system, because I get to reship and shoot at them.

No Harry, spoon feeding high sec residents more income is not the solution.

If you want to talk about how isk-making forces players away from PvP, that is not untrue. But it does this by encouraging a new player to train into a meta-fitted battleship with poor support skills, where a PvP-focused character would be training to fly frigates and cruisers really well. It's because it requires you to fit the farming ship very differently to how a pvp ship is fitted, requiring again different training. Because a newbie in an EWAR cruiser is very useful to a PvP gang, but training for it does nothing for his isk-making potential. Likewise his meta gun battleship that he is training up the skills for is useless to a roaming cruiser gang, even if he can afford to replace it on a daily basis.

Perhaps the idea has some merit in terms of buffing income potential of a T1 cruiser hull in high sec PvE, so as to not force a PvP focused character to sacrifice his income or pigeon hole him into low sec/Faction Warfare.

Science and Trade Institute [STI] is an NPC entity and as such my views do not represent those of the entity or any of its members

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=276984&p=38

Motorbit
Moira.
Villore Accords
#65 - 2013-09-05 19:06:02 UTC
just replying to the op, ignoring all the rest:

i dont think this would work. i dont think isk or income is the problem. i belive, most carebears are pretty rich (once they have the skills and equip to make carebear isk effectively that is).

its just that many players are very risk adverse. they dont take even fights, and they dont like to leave highsec.
only larger fleets (and a fc to blame) will make them fight, and only very high potential income with minimized risk will bait them out of carebeartown.

if you just look how cheap pvp fitted (navy) friggates are... thats a pretty strong point that income just is not the problem here.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#66 - 2013-09-05 19:14:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Motorbit wrote:
just replying to the op, ignoring all the rest:

i dont think this would work. i dont think isk or income is the problem. i belive, most carebears are pretty rich (once they have the skills and equip to make carebear isk effectively that is).

its just that many players are very risk adverse. they dont take even fights, and they dont like to leave highsec.
only larger fleets (and a fc to blame) will make them fight, and only very high potential income with minimized risk will bait them out of carebeartown.

if you just look how cheap pvp fitted (navy) friggates are... thats a pretty strong point that income just is not the problem here.


i don't think its the risk, there is no risk if you have enough money, the problem is not enough people have enough money so they can PvP with reduced risk, the majority is not doing PvP because you don't find it... if you want to shoot stuff you do PvE because the rats are there and you can kill 100 an hour, but you are not able to kill 100 players and hour, the average is only able to kill one per hour or even less, thats the drawback of PvP... if you got shot down you have to spend too much time to refit ships and all that ****

all just make fun about the carebears however, they are the once who play and shoot stuff in their missions, the others out there, they just play cat and mouse, for most people PvP is just too boring because you are not able to get enough kills, not even if you are a pro, thats the main reason many just refuse to do it

and it does not get more, because the hurdle to get pvp ships is too high and you loose them too fast, and when you loose them it takes too much time to get a new one and go out ther again... its no fun like that... shooting rats is more fun even for the nullsec people, they don't do PvP a lot either, 1-2 kills on average per day max, most just kill rats like the highbears...
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#67 - 2013-09-05 19:16:31 UTC
Mac Munoz wrote:
Well I think it is quite clear Harry is incapable of listening and considering the possibility that maybe his view point may be a little off base. I have been following his threads for weeks now and was thinking maybe just maybe there is a glimmer of hope in the man and that he is just misunderstood, I see now he is too far gone. He doesn't play the same game we all seem to, hell I don't even know if he plays in the same physical universe we all play in.


blocked, it seems you have no arguments anymore and just choose the path of the other douchebags, talking about me all the time, bla bla bla, instead of the topic... can it be that hard to focus? maybe, there is no hope for you guys

ciao
Motorbit
Moira.
Villore Accords
#68 - 2013-09-05 19:22:28 UTC
Quote:
i don't think its the risk, there is no risk if you have enough money, the problem is not enough people have enough money so they can PvP with reduced risk,


see... more shiny ship = lower risk is true for pve.
it is not true for pvp, especially solo.
untill youre doing something borring like gate camping, easy targets just wont fight you, and the common attempt to compensate skills with isk usually results in hillarious killmails (and proably plenty of carebeares that never leavw highsec again).
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#69 - 2013-09-05 19:26:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Motorbit wrote:
Quote:
i don't think its the risk, there is no risk if you have enough money, the problem is not enough people have enough money so they can PvP with reduced risk,


see... more shiny ship = lower risk is true for pve.
it is not true for pvp, especially solo.
untill youre doing something borring like gate camping, easy targets just wont fight you, and the common attempt to compensate skills with isk usually results in hillarious killmails (and proably plenty of carebeares that never leavw highsec again).


its not the risk, nullsec has even less risk vs. highsec... they play the game completely the same... there are more duels and battles infront of Jita vs. VFK ...trust me I have been there, the only thing happening in VFK is a guy shooting cynos, thats the PvP you get out there... check the killboards, Jita vs. VFK then you see who likes risk free space
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#70 - 2013-09-05 19:28:31 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
it is a missleading idea that buffing nullsec and nerfing highsec will lead to more people going to null, the main reason so many are in highsec is just the risk going to nullsec and the high amount of ISK lost when going there... buffing highsec will reduce the risk because of good income streams for the average player

my suggestion would be to have higher profitable high sec anomalies, 30-50 million an hour minimum

newbs and random players need better faster access to isk, especially solo players who hop in and out of the game... more money for those players will lead to more risk taking (PvP), therefore more targets going to nullsec and more fights there


Yeah, look at how many people flocked to nullsec when they came out with incursions.

0/10

(I didn't read the whole t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶ thread so sorry if this was mentioned.)

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Mac Munoz
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2013-09-05 19:31:53 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Motorbit wrote:
just replying to the op, ignoring all the rest:

i dont think this would work. i dont think isk or income is the problem. i belive, most carebears are pretty rich (once they have the skills and equip to make carebear isk effectively that is).

its just that many players are very risk adverse. they dont take even fights, and they dont like to leave highsec.
only larger fleets (and a fc to blame) will make them fight, and only very high potential income with minimized risk will bait them out of carebeartown.

if you just look how cheap pvp fitted (navy) friggates are... thats a pretty strong point that income just is not the problem here.


i don't think its the risk, there is no risk if you have enough money, the problem is not enough people have enough money so they can PvP with reduced risk, the majority is not doing PvP because you don't find it... if you want to shoot stuff you do PvE because the rats are there and you can kill 100 an hour, but you are not able to kill 100 players and hour, the average is only able to kill one per hour or even less, thats the drawback of PvP... if you got shot down you have to spend too much time to refit ships and all that ****

all just make fun about the carebears however, they are the once who play and shoot stuff in their missions, the others out there, they just play cat and mouse, for most people PvP is just too boring because you are not able to get enough kills, not even if you are a pro, thats the main reason many just refuse to do it

and it does not get more, because the hurdle to get pvp ships is too high and you loose them too fast, and when you loose them it takes too much time to get a new one and go out ther again... its no fun like that... shooting rats is more fun even for the nullsec people, they don't do PvP a lot either, 1-2 kills on average per day max, most just kill rats like the highbears...



This man flat out told you that he has sufficient income for PVP loses to not matter yet he doesn't because of other reasons. Yet you somehow think that he isn't telling the truth about his own gameplay.

PVE is like going to the target range and practicing. Sure you will pop off lots of rounds and have fun. PVP is like hunting, do you see many hunters coming back with 10+ deer a day? They bide their time, they stalk their prey and they attack when the time is right.

Oh and hey look at that I am blocked by the big bad Harry. I would bet good money he reads every post by those he has "blocked". He cares too much about what others think to not know what is being said.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#72 - 2013-09-05 19:35:55 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
it is a missleading idea that buffing nullsec and nerfing highsec will lead to more people going to null, the main reason so many are in highsec is just the risk going to nullsec and the high amount of ISK lost when going there... buffing highsec will reduce the risk because of good income streams for the average player

my suggestion would be to have higher profitable high sec anomalies, 30-50 million an hour minimum

newbs and random players need better faster access to isk, especially solo players who hop in and out of the game... more money for those players will lead to more risk taking (PvP), therefore more targets going to nullsec and more fights there


Yeah, look at how many people flocked to nullsec when they came out with incursions.

0/10

(I didn't read the whole t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶ thread so sorry if this was mentioned.)


they did not go to nullsec, because running incursions is way more fun vs. PvP

runnin incursions you can shoot many ships, going to null doing PvP is like searching for targets

incursions are not easy either, the ISK to buy PvP ships needs to be easier, for new players, you can not run incursions early
Motorbit
Moira.
Villore Accords
#73 - 2013-09-05 19:36:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Motorbit
@Mac Munoz last post:

yeah, between the line its all

"bwhaa bwaaah bwaah ive been ganked in jita - again!!"

funny. a few exercises in pvp proably would teach him how not to overblink his ships.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#74 - 2013-09-05 19:38:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Motorbit wrote:
yeah, between the line its all

"bwhaa bwaaah bwaah ive been ganked in jita - again!!"

funny. a few exercises in pvp proably would teach him how not to overblink his ships.


no man, the jita example was just to show you that people like to duel there, because they like the risk

in VFK however, there is nothing going on vs. Jita... there is much more PvP going on in Jita vs. VFK

I'm not talking about ganking, nullsec people go ganking highsecers just because they don't find PvP in nullsec either, and they are the once who don't like risk, thats why they gank miners, buts thats another topic
Motorbit
Moira.
Villore Accords
#75 - 2013-09-05 19:43:22 UTC
yeah. as if duells would add any significant number to the killboards.


Quote:
carebears however, they are the once who play and shoot stuff in their missions, the others out there, they just play cat and mouse


this however, is quite stupid for you to say in this discussion.
you claim:
your way to play is the "real" way to play, these that play otherwhise are just lame doing lame stuff addiiing nothing to the game >> you tell others how to play ie: your way.

now, this just leaves one conclusion: you dont want to buff highsec so you can go out to low (as you claimed in your op).
you must have some other reason. i strongly suspect youre just pissed because these lamers "force" pvp on you. in this case: just stop to overblink your ship, and these mean folks will stopp harming you.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#76 - 2013-09-05 19:43:51 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Mac Munoz wrote:
Well I think it is quite clear Harry is incapable of listening and considering the possibility that maybe his view point may be a little off base. I have been following his threads for weeks now and was thinking maybe just maybe there is a glimmer of hope in the man and that he is just misunderstood, I see now he is too far gone. He doesn't play the same game we all seem to, hell I don't even know if he plays in the same physical universe we all play in.


blocked, it seems you have no arguments anymore and just choose the path of the other douchebags, talking about me all the time, bla bla bla, instead of the topic... can it be that hard to focus? maybe, there is no hope for you guys

ciao

The topic IS you Harry, You are upset because you are **** at EVE and **** at PvP. You want the game to change rather than learn.
Well it won't.
Either learn to play or **** off.

(And yes, for the third time you'll block me, yet others will still see my posts, which is pretty much the point, and you'll still inevitably unblock me and start replying again)

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#77 - 2013-09-05 19:50:33 UTC
I can see the point the OP is making but if you increase the supply of isk dramatically, then the only long term result will be rampant inflation.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#78 - 2013-09-05 19:55:30 UTC
Motorbit wrote:
yeah. as if duells would add any significant number to the killboards.


Quote:
carebears however, they are the once who play and shoot stuff in their missions, the others out there, they just play cat and mouse


this however, is quite stupid for you to say in this discussion.
you claim:
your way to play is the "real" way to play, these that play otherwhise are just lame doing lame stuff addiiing nothing to the game >> you tell others how to play ie: your way.

now, this just leaves one conclusion: you dont want to buff highsec so you can go out to low (as you claimed in your op).
you must have some other reason. i strongly suspect youre just pissed because these lamers "force" pvp on you. in this case: just stop to overblink your ship, and these mean folks will stopp harming you.


the only one pissed about something is you, maybe you don't like the fact that Jita got way more PvP vs. VFK... therefore your agument that the highsec players don't like risk does not count, jita got 10 times more PvP then VFK, guess why

the real carebears are out there in nullsec, trust me that... highsec people just play the game, while nullsec talks about them all the time, why? because they are missing something out there
bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#79 - 2013-09-05 19:55:51 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:


its not the risk, nullsec has even less risk vs. highsec... they play the game completely the same... there are more duels and battles infront of Jita vs. VFK ...trust me I have been there, the only thing happening in VFK is a guy shooting cynos, thats the PvP you get out there... check the killboards, Jita vs. VFK then you see who likes risk free space


There is more PVP in Jita because there is over 2000 players in the same system. Of course there is more pvp there than VFK Roll

Empire is riskier than null sec? You are lucky to be in null. I can't imagine your killboard if you had stayed in empire Lol

Seriously, stop being a troll.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#80 - 2013-09-05 19:56:32 UTC
Renegade Heart wrote:
I can see the point the OP is making but if you increase the supply of isk dramatically, then the only long term result will be rampant inflation.


yea maybe, like some suggested, cheaper access to ships might should be done over the minerals