These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Live fire training for the Tribal Liberation Force (and allies)

Author
Anslo
Scope Works
#21 - 2013-09-06 15:51:30 UTC
Do you always fly around with Scythe support for your frigates? If so, you might want to give them a little more in the way of defense systems instead of zooming around. They are not Stabbers.

Also your Slicers are annoying to catch. Stop it.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Pinky Feldman
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-09-07 04:48:11 UTC
I do have to ask. Are you also teaching whatever dark wizardry WINMATAR uses to demoralize the Amarr into quitting FW? Could it possibly have something to do with Brave Newbies? I have looked at the killboards of Biohazard. and WINMATAR and there are strikingly similar trends. I can't place the source, but whatever they have figured out allows them to be a much stronger force than Iron Oxide. or TRIAD were even at their peak.

However, the Minmatar magic of demoralization clearly has to be a real thing since it has happened before. Lost Obsession used to be able to field the most powerful lowsec capital fleet and then there was PIZZA, yet somehow they were both so demoralized by a Minmatar that only flew SFIs, that they left for the Caldari warzone like many Amarr groups are doing now. Could the Stabber Fleet Issue possess magical powers such that the Minmatar militia can force entire groups of Amarr out, simply by spinning them inside of a station for extended periods of time and not even need to undock?
Kentt Em'asep
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2013-09-08 10:57:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Kentt Em'asep
I am liking this. Here's to your blazing guns that spew mini martial artists at thou enemy. May they slice and dice into the Amarrian hulls like a knife into freshly cooked meat.

The gun barrels of Clone Red have been cold for awhile. Perhaps I may contact you sometime Mr. Blackshell.

~"That's right. Today, tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that... from here on until forever, every time you look at my avatar - you'll see this scowl."~

~"Forever?"~

~"Yes - forever. It's what I do."~

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#24 - 2013-09-09 01:07:28 UTC
Anslo: Scythe support for our frigate fleets is actually quite rare. I am not actually aware of any of our pilots who does that. Are you sure it was not an ally of ours being helpful?

So far as the Slicers, I can't help you. That was probably Zao. You will have to catch him yourself, and he's a slippery bugger.

Pinky: I cannot confirm or deny the use of Minmatar mysticism to enhance our efforts. However, mysticism aside, the SFI is extremely well suited to passing our training exercises, so I suppose you could say we are training the militia to use SFIs.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#25 - 2013-09-09 01:12:16 UTC
Christine Peeveepeeski wrote:
Hmm, so now I have to ask what the difference between what I do to fellow minmatar is and what Rifterlings have now chosen to do?

It is our allegiance. I do not support the Empire and will destroy any of its forces, given the chance. When actual war conflicts are involved, I endeavor to side with the Minmatar. You may claim to be fighting the Minmatar for their own good, and while that might be practically true, your official allegiance casts doubt on your motivations.

Eran Mintor
Cretus Incendium
#26 - 2013-09-09 09:04:11 UTC
Boredom is bad.

When it causes one's enemy to shoot itself, it is no longer boredom but rather it becomes entertainment. I know this is for training but...yeah, sorry, I'm not convinced.

-Eran
Fintarue
Zero.Four Holdings
#27 - 2013-09-09 23:50:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Fintarue
As a fellow Minmitar and trainer for Rifterlings, I take responsibility for strongly pushing through this plan of action and set of standard operating procedures that we now follow.

My heart aches for the day that we will be free of the Amarrian empire and their so called deities. I could no longer stand by while Amarr continued to push their filthy drugs upon my fellow Minmitarians, all in the name of helping us with a disease they themselves inflicted upon us. No longer! We will train our fellow Minmitar to the best of our ability, and as a long time trainer for our Corporation, experience tells me that these live fire trainings are indeed the best method for the desired outcome.

Throw off the chains of the Amarr, brothers and sisters! Our Elders have returned! Let us reunite our glorious tribes and win this war once and for all!

Host of http://www.twitch.tv/fintarue Bringing you the best tunes for the trip to a new clone!

Eran Mintor
Cretus Incendium
#28 - 2013-09-10 00:50:18 UTC
So you will kill Matari crew for the sake of the Minmatar empire. If this logic is sound then I don't understand why so many Matari take offense to what I've done.

-Eran
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#29 - 2013-09-10 13:26:53 UTC
"Kill"? Loss of materiel is not death. We (or at least I) try to avoid destroying capsules as blowing up a clone has no "teachable moment" in it. Still, we're all capsuleers here; even if you get blown to smithereens, you don't "die". That's why these live fire lessons are productive at all. If death and destruction was final, there would be no way for anyone to learn anything other than for the attackers to learn to love and revel in bloodshed.

kraiklyn Asatru
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2013-09-10 13:44:59 UTC
He is talking about the poor chump in maintenance and that guy that cleans up..

It is why I mainly hire Amarrians, means I don't feel bad when my ship goes poof. Just make sure you don't let them know you are minmatar militia.. Don't worry to much once they are on board most want to live... Just happens I skimp on the escape pods, only officers get on those :P
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#31 - 2013-09-10 14:05:06 UTC
kraiklyn Asatru wrote:
He is talking about the poor chump in maintenance and that guy that cleans up.

They signed up for it presumably knowing what they were getting into. If I were raiding peaceful industrial vessels in hisec, whose crews would be terrified and surprised to get attacked, I might feel some bit of remorse. Anyway, the crews of my targets are not my concern.

Incidentally, using smaller and more specialized ships (frigates, or T2 ships) reduces the number of damned souls. Perhaps this conundrum has a built-in lesson for some of those militia pilots who decide to fly the biggest and shiniest ship available.

Scherezad
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#32 - 2013-09-10 14:18:00 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
kraiklyn Asatru wrote:
He is talking about the poor chump in maintenance and that guy that cleans up.

They signed up for it presumably knowing what they were getting into. If I were raiding peaceful industrial vessels in hisec, whose crews would be terrified and surprised to get attacked, I might feel some bit of remorse. Anyway, the crews of my targets are not my concern.

Incidentally, using smaller and more specialized ships (frigates, or T2 ships) reduces the number of damned souls. Perhaps this conundrum has a built-in lesson for some of those militia pilots who decide to fly the biggest and shiniest ship available.

The word is "kinslayer", sir.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#33 - 2013-09-10 15:12:30 UTC
I prefer "tough love" or "pragmatism". More competent capsuleers, not happier janitors, will win the war.

Scherezad
#34 - 2013-09-10 15:20:50 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
I prefer "tough love" or "pragmatism". More competent capsuleers, not happier janitors, will win the war.

I am not surprised you would prefer these terms, sir. Better to think oneself a strict teacher than the murderer of brothers and sisters.

This does little to wash the blood from your hands, however.
Drax Concrilla
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2013-09-10 15:33:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Drax Concrilla
Scherezad wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:

I am not surprised you would prefer these terms, sir. Better to think oneself a strict teacher than the murderer of brothers and sisters.

While I'm flattered by your backhanded comment (practically assuming that we never lose a battle and thus condemn poor souls to death) I would like to point out that we, indeed, do not force a crew's death by any means. These crews put their faith in their Capsuleer to keep them safe and to act in a prudent fashion. Should the Capsuleer's actions result in his or her crew's death that is solely the Capsuleer's responsibility, is it not?

As Petrus has pointed out, these are fighting men and women. They know the risks. Should a Capsuleer wish to save the lives of their non-immortal crew(s) they need only to practice and perfect evasive maneuvers, important training we are also willing to provide.
Scherezad
#36 - 2013-09-10 15:53:00 UTC
Drax Concrilla wrote:
Scherezad wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:

While I'm flattered by your backhanded comment (practically assuming that we never lose a battle and thus condemn poor souls to death) I would like to point out that we, indeed, do not force a crew's death by any means. These crews put their faith in their Capsuleer to keep them safe and to act in a prudent fashion. Should the Capsuleer's actions result in his or her crew's death that is solely the Capsuleer's responsibility, is it not?

As Petrus has pointed out, these are fighting men and women. They know the risks. Should a Capsuleer wish to save the lives of their non-immortal crew(s) they need only to practice and perfect evasive maneuvers, important training we are also willing to provide.

"They knew the risks!" the Capsule-Captains' cry,
"They knew what they were coming to!" he says as crewmen die.
"They knew that I would wield the gun, they knew I'd swing the sword,
They knew that there was danger!" as his crewmen come aboard.

Their bodies float among the stars, their corpse-blood on the hull,
"They knew!" the Capsule-Captain said when his bloody work was done.
No words could sway the clones' hard heart, he knew that he was right,
The death and blood were side-effects, not products of the fight.

These words bring absolution, they seem so rightly-made,
Made just for Capsule-Captains to send crews off to their graves.
For killing kin is easy work, but holding blame is tough,
Best let the crewmen do that job, they're best-made for that stuff.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#37 - 2013-09-10 16:12:48 UTC
Very eloquent, but there's no real argument made other than an appeal to emotion. That counts for little in war, though.

Scherezad
#38 - 2013-09-10 16:22:56 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Very eloquent, but there's no real argument made other than an appeal to emotion. That counts for little in war, though.

I apologize, sir, I will be more clear.

That they know there will be danger does not absolve you of any responsibility for the deaths. You are the one with the gun, and you are the one launching the salvo. No words will change that.
Drax Concrilla
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2013-09-10 16:47:50 UTC
Scherezad wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:

I apologize, sir, I will be more clear.

That they know there will be danger does not absolve you of any responsibility for the deaths. You are the one with the gun, and you are the one launching the salvo. No words will change that.

You're almost there my friend. I will not deny the portions I have emphasized above; however, it remains the Capsule-captain's responsibility to react and protect both himself and his crew in such a situation. Thus, the term live fire exercise.

We are the cause.

We are not the effect.

Should the Capsule-captain prove himself competent he will succeed in preserving his ship, and his crew. In many of the exercises I run I don't even restrict the opposing captain's warp drive. Yet they still freely fly their crew into apparent danger, quite recklessly, and do not take the out I have provided them.

Tell me that these pilots are not responsible for their crew's demise?

Now, refraining from using a Warp Scrambler is not the live fire exercise standard, I will admit. However, one simply cannot absolve the Capsule-captain of their responsibility to protect their ship and crew when they had every tool at their disposal to escape.
Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#40 - 2013-09-10 17:04:04 UTC
kraiklyn Asatru wrote:
He is talking about the poor chump in maintenance and that guy that cleans up..

It is why I mainly hire Amarrians, means I don't feel bad when my ship goes poof. Just make sure you don't let them know you are minmatar militia.. Don't worry to much once they are on board most want to live... Just happens I skimp on the escape pods, only officers get on those :P

I shall remember this, the next time I crack the hull on a TLF ship. War criminals, funnily enough, are seldom covered by war crimes statutes.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.