These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EveHQ 2.13.7 Now Available

Author
Rob Crowley
State War Academy
#21 - 2013-09-29 18:19:41 UTC
Jaya Rain wrote:
" What is the primary market hub in EVE Online?" - control question to register eveHQ forum ))
Oh, I don't remember answering that when I made my account. Maybe Quantix added it in the meantime to keep spambots out. Anyway I wouldn't expect the answer to be more complicated than "Jita", but I'll ask.

Quote:
Next problem is how to convert output to table with Ship Attributes as colums titles and Ship Names as row titles.
And automate conversion for future. I'm waiting Steve Ronuken reply in the other thread before try to doing that.
You probably won't get far in that regard with SQL alone (though I'm not an SQL wizard). I'd use some actual programming language to convert the SQL output data into the preferred format which is probably what Steve will do.
Quantix BlackStar
Blackstar Solutions Inc.
#22 - 2013-09-30 01:08:47 UTC
Rob Crowley wrote:
Jaya Rain wrote:
" What is the primary market hub in EVE Online?" - control question to register eveHQ forum ))
Oh, I don't remember answering that when I made my account. Maybe Quantix added it in the meantime to keep spambots out. Anyway I wouldn't expect the answer to be more complicated than "Jita", but I'll ask.

It is just "Jita".

I just created a new account on the forums to test it out, and it does work, but it is case sensitive. I'll update the wording of the question to make it more clear.

EveHQ is a multi-faceted character application for EVE Online. Includes pilot monitoring, skill queue planning, ship fitting, industry and more. Get the latest version at http://evehq.net

Jaya Rain
#23 - 2013-10-20 23:23:39 UTC
Rob Crowley wrote:
Jaya Rain wrote:
So, What is the primary market hub in EVE Online? Shocked

It's not "Jita", and not "Jita IV Moon 4" and not "Jita IV - Moon 4 - Caladary Navy Assembly Plant"
I'm not sure about the context here and how it applies to EveHQ, is the problem maybe in the spelling of "Caldari"?

Quote:
Can you help with query for EVE HQ SQL service?
I need to create ships attributes reference table with bonuses columns. I know, that is hard to
retrieve bonuses data. If it is impossible, then description text field do.
Ship attributes are in the SDE database. A query would look like this (using Drake as example):
SELECT ta.*, at.attributeName FROM dgmTypeAttributes ta INNER JOIN dgmAttributeTypes at ON ta.attributeID=at.attributeID WHERE ta.typeID = 24698

The ship bonuses however are not stored in the SDE in this way, they are only available as raw format of the description texts.
SELECT description FROM invTypes WHERE typeID = 24698

Edit:
I just read your other topic where you said you'd need this for all ships and don't have great SQL skills, so here's the monster query to get the information for all ships:
SELECT it.typeName, it.description, ta.*, at.attributeName FROM dgmTypeAttributes ta INNER JOIN dgmAttributeTypes at ON ta.attributeID = at.attributeID INNER JOIN invTypes it ON ta.typeID = it.typeID INNER JOIN invGroups ig ON it.groupID = ig.groupID WHERE ig.categoryID = 6

Thanks, it's working. Can you help in addition?

Is it possible to add category field? (frigate,cruiser, etc)
And "flyable" - have players acces to that shiptype.

How to add long, but compact "where" construction like
WHERE
at.attributeName = "agility" OR
at.attributeName = "armorHP" OR
at.attributeName = "armorThermalDamageResonance" OR
at.attributeName = "droneBandwidth"
etc

?
Rain6638
Simulacra and Simulation
Goonswarm Federation
#24 - 2013-10-23 19:46:04 UTC
wow snazzy updater. very impressed.

[ 2013.06.21 09:52:05 ] (notify) For initiating combat your security status has been adjusted by -0.1337

Rob Crowley
State War Academy
#25 - 2013-10-24 09:56:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Rob Crowley
Jaya Rain wrote:
Rob Crowley wrote:
SELECT it.typeName, it.description, ta.*, at.attributeName FROM dgmTypeAttributes ta INNER JOIN dgmAttributeTypes at ON ta.attributeID = at.attributeID INNER JOIN invTypes it ON ta.typeID = it.typeID INNER JOIN invGroups ig ON it.groupID = ig.groupID WHERE ig.categoryID = 6
Is it possible to add category field? (frigate,cruiser, etc)
You could use the invTypes.groupID field for that to filter out all the different frigate or cruiser groups.

Quote:
And "flyable" - have players acces to that shiptype.
You mean to filter out stuff like Polaris ships and such? My best idea would be to check for "invTypes.published = 1", but I'm not sure if that gets rid of all ships that aren't accessible for players.

Quote:
How to add long, but compact "where" construction like
WHERE
at.attributeName = "agility" OR
at.attributeName = "armorHP" OR
at.attributeName = "armorThermalDamageResonance" OR
at.attributeName = "droneBandwidth"
etc
To filter out lines with attributes you're not interested in? Just add this with an "AND" instead of the "WHERE" at the end of the above query and use single quotes ' instead of ". You could also use "AND at.attributeName in ('agility','armorHP','droneBandwidth')" instead.
Anton d'Urberville
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2013-11-17 21:48:22 UTC
It's ... soooooooooo ... sloooooowwwwwww .... with the so buggy .NET frame *wait for it a loooong loooong time * work Straight

More, may I speak about a bug here ? Seems that in Eve Killmail plugin, if you dare try to Fetch Killmails from a toon having none (killmail), a message box pops and loops until you decide to crash EveHq via the Win-doze Task Manager (whitch manages nothing but your nerves) Evil

Does someone have the same behavior ?

Hey, dude, why use this .Net piece of crap ? Old-fashion coding is good sometimes, especially when you want to keep hand on your software ...
Rob Crowley
State War Academy
#27 - 2013-11-17 22:58:51 UTC
Anton d'Urberville wrote:
It's ... soooooooooo ... sloooooowwwwwww .... with the so buggy .NET frame *wait for it a loooong loooong time * work Straight
Can't say I ever had performance issues and until recently I ran EveHQ on an absurdly old PC. You might wanna check out the new version in a couple days, we recently did some extensive backend work which decreased startup time quite a bit.

Quote:
More, may I speak about a bug here ? Seems that in Eve Killmail plugin, if you dare try to Fetch Killmails from a toon having none (killmail), a message box pops and loops until you decide to crash EveHq via the Win-doze Task Manager (whitch manages nothing but your nerves) Evil
Thanks for the report, I'll look into it once the Rubicon update work is done.

Quote:
Hey, dude, why use this .Net piece of crap ? Old-fashion coding is good sometimes, especially when you want to keep hand on your software ...
I don't know for sure why .NET was originally chosen, but it certainly contributed to EveHQ having a way more user-friendly (and also prettier) UI than many other tools. If you want to code a 100k LoC project in another way to increase performance more power to you. If it turns out as good as EveHQ and faster I'll be your first user.
Eliza Jane
Anserine Investments
#28 - 2013-11-22 01:00:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Eliza Jane
Love EveHQ. I keep track of 4 different accounts and the associated training of the characters as well as fitting ships for them...

However... having had to update EveHQ, I can no longer launch it successfully.

When starting it, it runs through the "database converter" and I note that there are error messages saying that it can't load "System.Data.SQLite.dll" on conversion steps 5/15 and 4/15. Also note that it only carries out steps 1-5. Are there steps 6/15 to 15/15?

If I click to continue loading EveHQ it comes up with the the error screen with Futuramas Professor Farrnsworth, with the following error message...

at EveHQ.Core.CustomDataFunctions.CreateCustomDB()
at EveHQ.Forms.FrmSplash.frmSplash_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

========== Plug-ins ==========

========= System Info =========

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
.Net Framework Version: 4.0.30319.296
EveHQ Location: C:\Program Files\EveHQ
EveHQ Cache Locations: C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\EveHQ

Then If I click to continue with loading the program, it puts up the splash screen and stops there....

Pleeeaaase help...

It is such a great tool, and I would love to keep using it....
Drailen
Doomheim
#29 - 2013-11-22 15:59:19 UTC
Another user with this error has had success after installing the Visual C++ 2010 redistributable, which appears to be a dependency for the new SQLite.

You can check http://forums.evehq.net/chat/crash-on-start-evehq-2-13-1-2548 for the details and links to the necessary files.
Eliza Jane
Anserine Investments
#30 - 2013-11-22 18:36:33 UTC
Thanks Drailen,that fixed the problem. the X64 version would not install on my system but the X86 one did with no problems and now EveHQ seems to be running sweet.

Thanks for your input... Big smile
Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#31 - 2013-11-22 19:32:12 UTC
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I don't seem to be able to add the new mobile structures to my cargo hold in the Fitter plug-in. They don't show up as usable items no matter what usability/fittability settings I'm using.

I really like that my dashboard now loads properly on start-up every time though. :)
Drailen
Doomheim
#32 - 2013-11-22 20:14:03 UTC
We haven't actually enabled the new mobile structures to be part of the fitting tool yet, but we can certainly look into it.
Drailen
Doomheim
#33 - 2013-11-22 20:47:31 UTC
And just confirming that mobile structures should be available in the next update (that includes mobile warp disruptors as well as the new depots, tractor units etc).
Quantix BlackStar
Blackstar Solutions Inc.
#34 - 2013-11-23 03:06:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Quantix BlackStar
Drailen wrote:
And just confirming that mobile structures should be available in the next update (that includes mobile warp disruptors as well as the new depots, tractor units etc).

I should have the next update available on the download server in the next few hours.

[edit] the update is posted on our downloads section.

EveHQ is a multi-faceted character application for EVE Online. Includes pilot monitoring, skill queue planning, ship fitting, industry and more. Get the latest version at http://evehq.net

Lord Jita
Lord Jita's Big Gay Corp
#35 - 2013-12-02 01:55:20 UTC
just installed new version and now i get this. and splash screen just stays on screen "converting evehq settings'

*EveHQ Error Report*

EveHQ Version: 2.13.4.2602
Date: 01/12/2013 20:52:53
Error: Positive number required.
Parameter name: culture

\\{panel:title=StackTrace|borderStyle=dashed|bordercolor=#ccc|titleBGColor=#eee|bgColor=#eee} at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(Int32 culture)
at System.Globalization.TextInfo.OnDeserialized()
at System.Globalization.TextInfo.OnDeserialized(StreamingContext ctx)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationEvents.InvokeOnDeserialized(Object obj, StreamingContext context)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.RaiseOnDeserializedEvent(Object obj)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.RegisterObject(Object obj, Int64 objectID, SerializationInfo info, Int64 idOfContainingObj, MemberInfo member, Int32[] arrayIndex)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.RegisterObject(Object obj, ParseRecord pr, ParseRecord objectPr, Boolean bIsString)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ParseObjectEnd(ParseRecord pr)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Parse(ParseRecord pr)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at EveHQ.Forms.FrmSplash.ConvertSettings(Boolean useLocalSwitch, String settingsFolder)
at EveHQ.Forms.FrmSplash.frmSplash_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.Net Framework Version: 4.0.30319.1008
EveHQ Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\EveHQ
EveHQ Cache Locations: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\EveHQ
\\{panel}
Rob Crowley
State War Academy
#36 - 2013-12-02 10:48:24 UTC
Lord Jita wrote:
just installed new version and now i get this. and splash screen just stays on screen "converting evehq settings'

*EveHQ Error Report*

EveHQ Version: 2.13.4.2602
Date: 01/12/2013 20:52:53
Error: Positive number required.
Parameter name: culture

\\{panel:title=StackTrace|borderStyle=dashed|bordercolor=#ccc|titleBGColor=#eee|bgColor=#eee} at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(Int32 culture)
This is a known problem when updating to 2.13 from rather old versions, i.e. our settings converter is not infinitely backwards compatible. If you're ok with having a clean install without your old settings, just delete everything in %AppData%/EveHQ and install the newest version again.
Lord Jita
Lord Jita's Big Gay Corp
#37 - 2013-12-02 15:08:49 UTC
OK, did that. Thanks. Now, I think my old version's Transaction Trading Report had a total for the total profit column, was that removed for some reason?
Rob Crowley
State War Academy
#38 - 2013-12-02 17:44:57 UTC
Yeah, I remember adding that total a couple years ago. I'll see where it went and convince it to come back.
The Mec
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2013-12-04 01:35:05 UTC
i do like this program. you did a good job
GeeShizzle MacCloud
#40 - 2013-12-04 23:57:48 UTC  |  Edited by: GeeShizzle MacCloud
hey quantix! great work with EveHQ, i adore the program! ive been having issues with the HQF Editor though, whenever i pick a hull type it errors saying "failed to compare two elements in the array"

with this set of data in the exception details:

*****START Exception Details*****
Source: mscorlib
StackTrace: at System.Array.BinarySearch(Array array, Int32 index, Int32 length, Object value, IComparer comparer)
at System.Collections.SortedList.IndexOfKey(Object key)
at System.Collections.SortedList.get_Item(Object key)
at EveHQ.HQF.EffectFunctions.ConvertShipBonuses(List`1 shipBonuses)
at EveHQ.HQF.EffectFunctions.ConvertShipBonusesToDescription(ShipEffect shipBonus)
at EveHQ.HQF.Forms.FrmShipEditorAttributes.UpdateBonusList()
at EveHQ.HQF.Forms.FrmShipEditorAttributes.cboShipHull_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.Controls.ComboBoxEx.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.Controls.ComboBoxEx.WndProc(Message& m)
*****Inner Exception*****
*****START Exception Details*****
Source: mscorlib
StackTrace: at System.String.CompareTo(Object value)
at System.Collections.Comparer.Compare(Object a, Object b)
at System.Array.BinarySearch(Array array, Int32 index, Int32 length, Object value, IComparer comparer)
*****END Exception Details*****
*****END Exception Details*****

EveHQ.HQF.dll (2.13.4.2602)
EveHQ.KillMailViewer.dll (2.13.4.2602)
EveHQ.Prism.dll (2.13.4.2602)
EveHQ.Void.dll (2.13.4.2602)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.Net Framework Version: 4.0.30319.18408
EveHQ Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\EveHQ
EveHQ Cache Locations: C:\Users\REDACTED\AppData\Roaming\EveHQ

it allows me to continue but when modifying HQF data there are no fields for the 'theoretical' ship stats that im creating.