These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Chribba presents another awesome piece of art.

First post
Author
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#121 - 2013-08-26 12:54:26 UTC
Maliandra wrote:
Umm, okay, I don't mean to **** on anyones work but... this is NOT what it seems.

If you zoom in you will notice the only reason it looks like that ship is because of all the effects place on top of the pictures. You could make each of those faces a log of **** and it would still come out looking similar enough.

This kind of artwork is most impressive when the original images being used are not altered or having macro sized effects and layers placed on top of it.

ahh the point is they are still faces, and the owner will still recognize their portrait if they go look it up.

The greatest thing about anything is always the idea. It being an algorithm doesn't in anyway discount it as art.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#122 - 2013-08-26 13:01:05 UTC
Maru Sha wrote:
Ok, then I can understand the message you want to promote here. :-)

It would be unfortunate if some people miss it (as already mentioned here) and not zoom in. When I first looked at it, I thought "okay a Talwar picture with an artificial moiré pattern" until I found the (+) and (-) at the bottom.

I prefer using the scroll wheel on my mouse (but I didn't find that at first either hehe)

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#123 - 2013-08-26 13:19:21 UTC
I found my self.....

*Lies.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#124 - 2013-08-26 13:41:29 UTC
Inokuma Yawara wrote:
I've seen so many posts about Chribba, and thought, "Chribba this. Chrabba that. What is he, some kind of cult leader of something?" But after seeing what I saw, all I could think of to say was "Chribba is awesome!"

If he would start a cult, I'd propably try and join. Big smile

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Maru Sha
The Department of Justice
#125 - 2013-08-27 06:19:53 UTC
@ Chribba

Here was my input file I used and this is the output file of it. Made out of 300 individual creative common pictures, mainly faces. I started with 260, looked at the result and decided I need more to cover certain colours / colour combinations /patterns and added 40 more (in particular those with black background). Since this is not enough for a single use per tile, it had to reuse them several times.
Most of the time I spent on the Internet to look for faces from different cultures in decent quality.
As you can see, the program I used allows patterns which are 'non-quadratic', so I could use pictures of horizontal as well as vertical orientation, which is great for the selection of input files, but also good to depict certain patterns of the input file.
As far as I remember for this picture there is no overlay involved.
Regan Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#126 - 2013-08-27 22:55:03 UTC
One word

Amazing!!!!!

Yogsoloth
Fliet Pizza Delivery
Of Essence
#127 - 2013-08-28 00:36:20 UTC
Wow, I <3 this.

Simply Epic.
Harrimon Hoxx
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#128 - 2013-08-29 18:03:06 UTC
Stunning, Rock Man, simply stunning.

Eve's my dirty little secret....I feel like I'm cheating on my life.

Optimo Sebiestor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#129 - 2013-08-29 18:05:30 UTC
My hat off to you sir!