These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Chribba presents another awesome piece of art.

First post
Author
Auferre
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#81 - 2013-08-24 06:11:06 UTC
Inokuma Yawara wrote:
All that's needed now is for someone to alphabetize that list. I guess I'll print it out and cross out names until I find mine, or run out of names. It looks like I'll be going through a few trees' worth of paper.... The poor saps....

Ctrl-F is your friend. Blink

One of my alts made it in, and now I'm regretting the dark brown-on-grey portrait. Even with co-ordinates, I'm getting eyestrain looking. P
Solhild
Doomheim
#82 - 2013-08-24 06:28:05 UTC
I didn't make it in and neither did any of my other chars Cry
As I'm really not keen on the design of the Talwar I suppose there's some comfort in it.
It really is an excellent piece of work, now if only there was a version with a Vargur or a Vagabond.........Shocked
Josef Djugashvilis
#83 - 2013-08-24 07:00:24 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
I demand that you remove my face from that picture & use my butte instead.

He already did that Smile

This is not a signature.

Rin Valador
Professional Amateurs
#84 - 2013-08-24 07:07:09 UTC
14400x6350

I was used yay!

"There will be neither compassion nor mercy; Nor peace, nor solace For those who bear witness to these Signs And still do not believe." - The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 25:10

Patrakele
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2013-08-24 07:54:48 UTC
Must have taken quite a bit of time.
Steijn
Quay Industries
#86 - 2013-08-24 11:06:25 UTC
Originally opened that and thought 'decent bit of art', then looked closer and Shocked
Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#87 - 2013-08-24 11:08:50 UTC
I never get onto these things... Cry
Solhild
Doomheim
#88 - 2013-08-24 11:50:28 UTC
Challenge to CCP, use every pic for all alts that have a portrait generated in active accounts. Use a Photomosaic program that uses each pic once only (Spare cells can be completely black or white).

The artwork that this should be mapped against should be the announcement poster for the Winter Expansion.

Now there's a good way to drum up interest among the playerbase.
Azurae
Doomheim
#89 - 2013-08-24 11:56:55 UTC
Chribba wrote:
For those searching for the coordinates the pilots used can be found here, with their pixel location - http://eve-online.in/faces/talwar/pilots.txt

/c

who would have been the dead pixel in the lower left corner??
Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#90 - 2013-08-24 12:11:05 UTC
Azurae wrote:
Chribba wrote:
For those searching for the coordinates the pilots used can be found here, with their pixel location - http://eve-online.in/faces/talwar/pilots.txt

/c

who would have been the dead pixel in the lower left corner??

You can either fit your own portrait there in case you're not on it, or otherwise it might be a hidden message: All pilots not included in the mosaic are considered dead pixels to Chribba Shocked

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

Akiyo Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#91 - 2013-08-24 13:05:07 UTC
How can you proceed with life without knowing if you're actually in this picture?

Okay I gave up.

No

Kick Rocks
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#92 - 2013-08-24 13:05:38 UTC
Chribba,

If I may ask, how were the portraits chosen?

Yes, I am an alt.  No, I do not care how you feel about that.  

Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#93 - 2013-08-24 13:07:52 UTC
Akiyo Mayaki wrote:
How can you proceed with life without knowing if you're actually in this picture?

Okay I gave up.

Search the list. Just open it, press control F and then write the name you want to search.

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#94 - 2013-08-24 15:42:41 UTC
Kick Rocks wrote:
Chribba,

They were chosen randomly by the software that assisted me to create this image based upon their colors and the likes.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2013-08-24 15:45:52 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Kick Rocks wrote:
Chribba,

They were chosen by the software that assisted me to create this image based upon likes.

/c

You heard it here first folks, how many likes you have on EVE-O is VERY important!

I merely jest.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#96 - 2013-08-24 15:48:22 UTC
KuroVolt wrote:
Chribba wrote:
Kick Rocks wrote:
Chribba,

They were chosen by the software that assisted me to create this image based upon likes.

/c

You heard it here first folks, how many likes you have on EVE-O is VERY important!

I merely jest.

So evil! Changing my post like that!

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Kick Rocks
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2013-08-24 22:35:34 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Kick Rocks wrote:
Chribba,

They were chosen randomly by the software that assisted me to create this image based upon their colors and the likes.

/c

Oh. Where were the portraits gathered from?

Yes, I am an alt.  No, I do not care how you feel about that.  

Max Infinium
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#98 - 2013-08-25 04:32:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Max Infinium
So I stumble across a link to faces artwork. Looking at it I'm thinking, "Hhmmm nice... a little grainy though... must be oil on canvas? Why is it so grainy?"

Then zooming in I see the faces. "Ahhh! Now I get it! Amazing! So many faces! What a way to touch so many in Eve! How was it done? I wonder if there is anyone I know in there?"

Then it hits me... I think I see my character. "No... can't be possible... can it? Sure looks close! What are the chances someone else has a character that turned out that similar to mine? What are the chances my portrait was actually used? What are the chances I just happened to zoom in on myself? And recognize it!"

So I look a little closer at the artwork and my portrait. "There are differences, shading, angle of the head, shadows are from the other direction... Maybe it's not me. But it is so close. Actually, looks like the artwork portrait was a mirrored image. Wow someone must have taken a lot of time to do this... or seems more likely a machine did. Who is this Chribba?"

I wonder in disbelief for a while and then go to googling more about it. That led me to these forums which I never really used before. A little more research and lo and behold (thank you!) there is a way to find out if your face is in there... and sure enough... it is. Shocked Without that names list I would have been wondering for all eternity. What?

Still awestruck over the piece and even more at the chances of finding my pic in there like that.

Great job! Incredible way to touch countless players.

If I might ask, I'm even more interested than ever about the piece, how it was made, and how long it took, and how I might get a copy (I'm a little attached to it now).

Cheers,
Max Indisbelief
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#99 - 2013-08-25 10:22:24 UTC
Kick Rocks wrote:
Chribba wrote:
Kick Rocks wrote:
Chribba,

/c

Oh. Where were the portraits gathered from?

I have a cache of most avatars via eveboard.com so that's what I use for database

/c

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#100 - 2013-08-25 10:28:10 UTC
Max Infinium wrote:
So I stumble across a link to faces artwork. Looking at it I'm thinking, "Hhmmm nice... a little grainy though... must be oil on canvas? Why is it so grainy?"

Then zooming in I see the faces. "Ahhh! Now I get it! Amazing! So many faces! What a way to touch so many in Eve! How was it done? I wonder if there is anyone I know in there?"

Then it hits me... I think I see my character. "No... can't be possible... can it? Sure looks close! What are the chances someone else has a character that turned out that similar to mine? What are the chances my portrait was actually used? What are the chances I just happened to zoom in on myself? And recognize it!"

So I look a little closer at the artwork and my portrait. "There are differences, shading, angle of the head, shadows are from the other direction... Maybe it's not me. But it is so close. Actually, looks like the artwork portrait was a mirrored image. Wow someone must have taken a lot of time to do this... or seems more likely a machine did. Who is this Chribba?"

I wonder in disbelief for a while and then go to googling more about it. That led me to these forums which I never really used before. A little more research and lo and behold (thank you!) there is a way to find out if your face is in there... and sure enough... it is. Shocked Without that names list I would have been wondering for all eternity. What?

Still awestruck over the piece and even more at the chances of finding my pic in there like that.

Great job! Incredible way to touch countless players.

If I might ask, I'm even more interested than ever about the piece, how it was made, and how long it took, and how I might get a copy (I'm a little attached to it now).

Cheers,
Max Indisbelief
Thank you! Smile
It was created using the help of mosaic software and gathering the right avatars for the colors and such, and you are right, the avatars are sometimes mirrored and slightly color altered for better fit. The final image took about 3 days to render after finding the suitable avatars. The full JPG (160MB) can be obtained from /faces/talwar/original/

/c

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar