These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What do you think the next expansion will be about?

First post First post First post
Author
William Walker
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#21 - 2013-08-19 07:31:49 UTC
I don't care as long as they don't charge me extra for it. Day one DLC is rustling my jimmies.

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#22 - 2013-08-19 07:36:50 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
We're not getting a Winter Expansion.

We haven't had an "expansion" since Crucible.

…other than Inferno, Retribution, and Odyssey — all of which added more tools to the game than we've seen in a looong time.
Solhild
Doomheim
#23 - 2013-08-19 07:46:03 UTC
We'll get a new Paladin model. They finished it months ago but it's being held back for Winter in case 'content' is required.
Spankijs Omaristos
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2013-08-19 08:11:59 UTC
Player found systems / Player build stargates? Roll
Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-08-19 08:50:16 UTC
Spankijs Omaristos wrote:
Player found systems / Player build stargates? Roll

I don't recall where I read this, but I remember rumblings about CCP adding Zillions of star systems to the map. Perhaps a significant number of these new star systems could be of the "player discovered" variety? That is, if the rumblings are true.

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

Lee Saisima
Doomheim
#26 - 2013-08-19 09:05:31 UTC
Flamespar wrote:
What do you think the next expansion will be about?

Whatever it is, it will be painfully slow in its' execution.
Aivo Dresden
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-08-19 10:40:12 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
First "wave" of T2 rebalancing... frigs, and maybe exhumers. Tricky to do T2 cruisers, the issue being how not to overlap or duplicate overall T3 cruiser capabilities..

I like this but I disagree with it to some extend. Maybe I misunderstood you though. They have already said that when it comes to a specific role, a T2 cruiser should outclass a T3 cruiser.

T3 is intended to be flexible and be a jack of all trades kind of ship. When it comes to damage, a HAC should outperform it. When it comes to Boosts, a CS should outperform it, when it comes to EWAR and cloacking etc, a Recon should outform it, when it comes to logistics, a T2 logistics cruiser should outperform it and so on.

That said, the HAC will be rubbish at fleet boost or doing logistics, while your T3 cruiser is extremely versatile and just slightly changing the fittings will make it work in any of the above roles.

I have the feeling a lot of people think a T3 cruiser should be better than a T2 cruiser in every area. I think the training time alone should be a clear indicator that a dedicated ship for a specific role SHOULD outperform a T3 in the same role.
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#28 - 2013-08-19 11:20:13 UTC
- More handholding/ less consequences like with the probes: ammunition, once depleted from your cargo hold, will now magically replenish if you had ammo stacked in your home station.

- Updated warp graphics, traveling in systems becomes now a truly vomiting experience like when using star gates with ships changing orientation midway to 'break'. As a CCP dev stated, we found it much more immersive (flying backwards).

- New scanning mechanics with 12 more layered scan windows. No you can't turn them off.

- Pilots will now show up in the sky no matter where they are. Like exploration sites you no longer have to explore for, you just simply point them out, 'Oh, there he is!'

- Fluff puppy added to CQ to keep you company. Beware if you stop feeding it a Plex a day he'll die and block your pod's entrance until you pay Scotty 12 Plex to clean up the mess.

- POS's will get deleted from the DB, too much of a headache to fix As a result research and manufacturing slots in stations, yes even in null, will triple.

- In the fight against AFK cloakers, cloaks get a bio-energy capacitor. If you stop feeding it parts of collected player corpses it simply will stop working.

- New Player Skill-points-Plan (NPSPP). New players start with 12 mil. skillpoints and a year of double skill learning speed, otherwise they'll never catch on with older players.

Twisted
Johan Toralen
IIIJIIIITIIII
#29 - 2013-08-19 11:34:34 UTC
- some tweaked ship/module stats
- some half assed new mechanic for existing content
- a handful new textures and props
Kahetha
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2013-08-19 11:40:09 UTC
Ahhh after Incarna everyone was crying so much (I didn't personally see the threads or care but it must have been so since CCP literally decided to apologize for Incarna ROFL).
The fact that the lack of content that followed is creating this backlash now is just hilarious.Lol
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#31 - 2013-08-19 11:40:48 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
The theme of the December release (for goodness sake's people, an expansion was Apochrypha, re-arranging deck chairs is not an expansion) will be announced in 3 or 5 days at GamesCom.

It will be focused on the continuing transfer of wealth generation from high sec to null sec, like the appropriation of a huge chunk of ice revenue and ore mining was. I fully expect to see the announcement of the beginning of the end of T2 mfg in high sec, and that null sec will eventually be the only place it can occur, which will dovetail nicely with the soon to be announced decimation of mfg and R&D station slots in high sec, and another order of magnitude in null sec station slots.

Before then, we will see the end of the Marauder as a mission boat as it is "re-balanced" into a PvP boat.
The command ship and command link nerfs hurts everyone, but no one more than incursion runners.
That is no co-incidence. And when CCP figures out the spaghetti code surrounding OGB's, that will also disappear with the winter release.

The cartels are issuing more propaganda about how they need renters to maintain their income streams. Frankly, the demand for rental space is unlikely to fill the space being offered, so CCP, in its ongoing efforts to turn Eve into NullSec Online, is going to have to incentivize players to want to go to null. That can only be done by wiping out high sec profitability and increasing null sec profitability.

So that is what the winter release will be about. CCP has been bleeding high sec by inches for a long time. But the bleeding will accelerate with the December release.

Dinsdale nailed it as usual. He's been right so many times in the past, it's hard not to trust his predictions this time too!

(But I think he forgot the Pandas - for nullbears only of course)

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#32 - 2013-08-19 12:00:01 UTC
No matter what CCP releases (or does not release), it will be spun to be "awesome".
The Great Leader
#33 - 2013-08-19 12:02:18 UTC
fearlessly awesome excellence

The voice of truth.

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#34 - 2013-08-19 12:12:15 UTC
War Kitten wrote:

Dinsdale nailed it as usual. He's been right so many times in the past, it's hard not to trust his predictions this time too!

(But I think he forgot the Pandas - for nullbears only of course)

It is a pretty common theme I follow, and yeah, given the changes made to the game mechanics over the past 3-4 iterations, plus the platforms most of the CSM campaigned on, it is pretty easy to predict what the trend of the changes will be.
Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#35 - 2013-08-19 12:21:50 UTC
mmmmm... there are a few things it can be about:

- removal of cloaking
- removal of mining
- removal of ASBs
- removal of goonswarm
- removal of pirates
- removal of hisec & lowsec
removal of removal
-removal
removal-
???
- removal -

R̻̬͔͍̅̏ͣͨͤͣͅE̐͟M̥̪̟̻ͯ̔̓́Ǫ͙̦̦̼̲̲͓̀̽V̧̼̣͖̳̖͑ͮͭ͂ͅA̡̭̟͉̗͙L̞̹̮̘̘ͭͮ͘
Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#36 - 2013-08-19 12:23:37 UTC
Oh and I forgot about the removal of bounties and also criminal, suspect and logoff flags
Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#37 - 2013-08-19 12:24:00 UTC
and falcon

... and ECM
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#38 - 2013-08-19 13:51:01 UTC
So.

If we try logging in after the next downtime, and discover Tranquility is permanently unplugged with no further information ever forthcoming, you would all be happy.......

Have I got this straight ? Or not.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Dimaloun Vyreen
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2013-08-19 14:38:58 UTC
We'll be getting a bathroom in the CQ.

There are three things you say to the police. "Yes, sir", "No, sir" and "I want a lawyer". There is one thing you say to Concord, "Wait, it wasn-"

Haramir Haleths
Nutella Bande
#40 - 2013-08-19 14:40:37 UTC
i would appreciate .... walking out of Captains Quarter !