These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Great Ice Mining Interdiction: Not so Great

First post
Author
Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#121 - 2013-08-20 06:06:28 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Hot GANKING action. See blasters overheat, EVE is real.

yeah, but if you read what the op said, it was not really so hot... in fact, it was sort of luke warm at best.....Roll

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#122 - 2013-08-20 06:08:00 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Just fought in a war, I'm in chill mode at the moment. Please forgive me for not providing enough content for you as you warp from mission to mission.

I expected more....

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#123 - 2013-08-20 06:41:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
Quote:

"Guys suicide ganking is super easy" - people who have never suicide ganked

"people who have never suicide ganked" - people who don't check their facts.

Edit: Just to get things streight, I think suicide ganking is an important part of the game. I have no problem with suicide gankers. I have suicide ganked myself. Couple of times with my main, a great deal more than a couple of times on alts, and I have frequently been in corps who have regularly suicide ganked.

The problem I have, is when people whine that suicide ganking is hard, or requires any skill. No one I have ever suicide ganked with has been under the illusion that it's difficult. People make the argument that it's difficult to make a profit now, but frankly I never knew anyone who suicide ganked for profit, at least not on a single person scale. It's about the grief. Also, when people argue that miners deserve it for being afk, that pisses me off because that's just stupid. I don't even like mining. I haven't mined in literally years. Basically, people spreading crap so confidently pisses me off.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Spectatoress
Doomheim
#124 - 2013-08-20 07:04:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Spectatoress
Im still missing the answer from Mr. SuperPro Andski whats the rocket science in suicide ganking.

Last time he babbled about it i described in detail how easy it is with this braindead concord implementation from ccp to do it, but he didnt answer anything useful besides his usual one-liner ..... totally unexpected. Lol

Oh, ok ..... finding someone who fits all the catalysts using macros done with logitech-equipment for example for hours and hours might be a little difficult. But hey theres much time hugging a station most of the day. Cool

But the tears ingame were the best as Warr Akini cried in local at this RedFrog-Pilot (dont remember the name sadly) some time ago that he/she dont dare to help freighter to escape but he/she didnt bother to answer .... delicious .... "tears from pubbies" you know? Blink
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#125 - 2013-08-20 08:18:36 UTC
Spectatoress wrote:
Im still missing the answer from Mr. SuperPro Andski whats the rocket science in suicide ganking.

Its only as easy as people let it be and miners make it very easy for us.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#126 - 2013-08-20 08:24:28 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Spectatoress wrote:

Its only as easy as people let it be and miners make it very easy for us.

Hard mode: Gank ships with GM shield extenders.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#127 - 2013-08-20 09:25:53 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
"people who have never suicide ganked" - people who don't check their facts.

Edit: Just to get things streight, I think suicide ganking is an important part of the game. I have no problem with suicide gankers. I have suicide ganked myself. Couple of times with my main, a great deal more than a couple of times on alts, and I have frequently been in corps who have regularly suicide ganked.

The problem I have, is when people whine that suicide ganking is hard, or requires any skill. No one I have ever suicide ganked with has been under the illusion that it's difficult. People make the argument that it's difficult to make a profit now, but frankly I never knew anyone who suicide ganked for profit, at least not on a single person scale. It's about the grief. Also, when people argue that miners deserve it for being afk, that pisses me off because that's just stupid. I don't even like mining. I haven't mined in literally years. Basically, people spreading crap so confidently pisses me off.

yes, dumb afk ice miners are the only ones who are suicide ganked in hisec ever

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#128 - 2013-08-20 09:32:50 UTC
Still plenty of afk ice miners, I see.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#129 - 2013-08-20 09:36:08 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:

We should give them a little poke to see if they are awake.
Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#130 - 2013-08-20 10:26:41 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

why do you waste so many catalysts on Orcas when half of them could do the job?...or 2 orcas could get ganked simultaneously?

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#131 - 2013-08-20 10:43:32 UTC
Eugene Kerner wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

why do you waste so many catalysts on Orcas when half of them could do the job?...or 2 orcas could get ganked simultaneously?

We dont want to stop people from blowing stuff up if they want to.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#132 - 2013-08-20 10:45:11 UTC
Eugene Kerner wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

It's a further insult to all the freighter pilots we've killed, since their laziness paid for all of those Catalysts.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#133 - 2013-08-20 11:03:16 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Eugene Kerner wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

lol, this!
I throw my alt into pretty much any kill. Even if there's already 60 people queuing up to kill that orca, I'll make it 61! because... why not.
It's not like it's costly to lost a destroyer, like 2M i can make back in minutes. I have more already fitted gank ships dotted all over the place, so it's not even like I have to spend time fitting, and when you are at -10, you can't get any lower.
It's quite a sight to see a massive blob of destroyers overkill an orca though then blap anything in range on the way out. You should try it Eugene.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#134 - 2013-08-20 11:21:05 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Eugene Kerner wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

lol, this!
I throw my alt into pretty much any kill. Even if there's already 60 people queuing up to kill that orca, I'll make it 61! because... why not.
It's not like it's costly to lost a destroyer, like 2M i can make back in minutes. I have more already fitted gank ships dotted all over the place, so it's not even like I have to spend time fitting, and when you are at -10, you can't get any lower.
It's quite a sight to see a massive blob of destroyers overkill an orca though then blap anything in range on the way out. You should try it Eugene.

been there....but we try to kill as many ships as possible at once.
Its all about efficiency when you earn your money from loot. So I can understand that you might not have that perspective.
Nevertheless carry on with doing this important work!

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#135 - 2013-08-20 11:27:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Kell
Eugene Kerner wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Eugene Kerner wrote:

lol, this!

been there....but we try to kill as many ships as possible at once.
Its all about efficiency when you earn your money from loot. So I can understand that you might not have that perspective.
Nevertheless carry on with doing this important work!

My only profit from this is in the ice, and the fun it is to do. While I'm doing it I have a high sec alt doing some afk mining, and that action alone pays for all of my ship replacement. Efficiency is only really needed if you are trying to make a living from this. The only guys that need to worry about our efficiency are the FCs. If they only have 1 target to kill in the run, and you are going to be traveling to the next location immediately after, you may as well get a shot in on the action.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#136 - 2013-08-20 16:13:30 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Eugene Kerner wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

Somebody call the fun police. These guys are having some instead of sperging for perfect efficiency.
E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#137 - 2013-08-20 16:17:29 UTC
Grimpak wrote:
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
I Love Boobies wrote:
Hey OP... instead of whining because people aren't killing them, you grow some balls and you and your friends do the killing. Or aren't you man enough? Blink

ugggh lol yea bc killing miners is REAL pvp.

dude, even the forums are pvp grounds in this game.

But is it REAL pvp?
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#138 - 2013-08-20 16:25:32 UTC
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
Grimpak wrote:
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
I Love Boobies wrote:
Hey OP... instead of whining because people aren't killing them, you grow some balls and you and your friends do the killing. Or aren't you man enough? Blink

But is it REAL pvp?

Some form of pvp being easyer does not mean they are not real...
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#139 - 2013-08-20 16:34:16 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
Grimpak wrote:
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
I Love Boobies wrote:

But is it REAL pvp?

Some form of pvp being easyer does not mean they are not real...

well, as long as it is still srs bssnss

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#140 - 2013-08-20 17:49:50 UTC
An update of sorts...

I have alts in two different Caldari ice belts and it seems there are plenty enough miners to deplete the belts just as before the ice interdiction.

What I do notice is that there is a lack of Orcas and Freighters involved along with the usually ball of botters.

So suffice to say this ordeal has made it easier for the little man who solos to get his fair share of the ice.

Thanks for that interesting turn of events.

I mean all you need is a 11 million isk procurer and a clone with no implants and you can make your ships worth in 3 loads and everything else is just money in your pocket. So if you are killed and podded you can just keep mining.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server