These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

BMW drivers scientifically proven to be jerks

Author
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#101 - 2013-09-13 19:29:09 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Seems they put corners in those roads only so you have something to do. Some are so long they have to account for curvature of the Earth...

Honestly I would just fly and rent than go through that kind of hell.

True, but driving doesn't require you to be molested by a stranger before going anywhere.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#102 - 2013-09-13 19:39:42 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

True, but driving doesn't require you to be molested by a stranger before going anywhere.

Strange, that didn't happen to me when I flew from SFO to Floriderp last year. Not even when my medical grade herbage fell out onto the conveyor belt (true !). They literally just chuckled and moved me onward.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#103 - 2013-09-13 19:39:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Plastic Psycho
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Seems they put corners in those roads only so you have something to do. Some are so long they have to account for curvature of the Earth...

And it was (and still is) a damn sight cheaper, most ways. Sure, there are gimmick fares, but I can usually drive 1000 miles for about 1/4 what airline flight would cost me. All I have to do is fuel up and go. No body search, no lines, no humiliations, no "show me your papers" bull, either.

Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Strange, that didn't happen to me when I flew from SFO to Floriderp last year. Not even when my medical grade herbage fell out onto the conveyor belt (true !). They literally just chuckled and moved me onward.

Try flying out of Philly. I dare you.

They body-searched my 78-year old mother because she has a fake hip. Complete with fully notarized medical documentation.
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#104 - 2013-09-13 21:24:39 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

Medical grade herbage, eh? Ever hear the song "Don't Bogart that *****" by Country Joe and the Fish? Blink
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#105 - 2013-09-13 21:34:40 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

Medical grade herbage, eh? Ever hear the song "Don't Bogart that *****" by Country Joe and the Fish? Blink

Oh yes. I had heard it off and on for years, and had no idea it was in "Easy Rider" until I saw the film.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#106 - 2013-09-13 21:38:14 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

Oh yes. I had heard it off and on for years, and had no idea it was in "Easy Rider" until I saw the film.

Well the lyrics apply to you, Krixtal. Don't bogart that stuff, the party's at your house!. Big smile
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#107 - 2013-09-13 21:42:13 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:

Well the lyrics apply to you, Krixtal. Don't bogart that stuff, the party's at your house!. Big smile

meh

What is available in Floriderp is honestly really bad....sub-par. secret networks for medical grade and everything. Everyone here is still too rightfully paranoid to even mention it. The law here brooks no quarter at all. It's like being in absolutely another country compared to Cali.

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#108 - 2013-09-13 22:05:34 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Khergit Deserters wrote:

meh

What is available in Floriderp is honestly really bad....sub-par. secret networks for medical grade and everything. Everyone here is still too rightfully paranoid to even mention it. The law here brooks no quarter at all. It's like being in absolutely another country compared to Cali.

So what you're is road trip?

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#109 - 2013-09-13 22:06:08 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

By the look of your character I'd say you've had enough buddy.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#110 - 2013-09-14 05:51:21 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Worth it tbh.

Its an option of two evils. Spend less, go on the forever roads that have nothing to look at and silly speed restrictions with police equipped with cloaking devices and service station that sell things like sreak cheese and gravy biscuits.

Or spend more on a flight, get felt all over by the fat security fella while you mate gets the hot one, get a hot meal on the flight which may or may not be chicken while the kid behind you kicks your seat and rages about not getting that stale muffin.

The car is cheaper but the flight is over quicker.
Emiko P'eng
#111 - 2013-09-14 15:59:43 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

BMW - Beat My Wife / Break My Window
Fiat - Fix It Again Tony / Firkin Italian After Thought
Ford - Found On Roadside Dumped / Fix Or Repair Daily
Chrysler - Company Has Recommended You Start Learning Engine Repair
Chevrolet - Can Hear Every Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips
Lotus - Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
GMC - Generally Moribund Crap
Here is another old one

Citroen - Careful In Turns Ride Often Extremely Nauseous
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#112 - 2013-09-14 16:46:35 UTC
Emiko P'eng wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

BMW - Beat My Wife / Break My Window
Fiat - Fix It Again Tony / Firkin Italian After Thought
Ford - Found On Roadside Dumped / Fix Or Repair Daily
Chrysler - Company Has Recommended You Start Learning Engine Repair
Chevrolet - Can Hear Every Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips
Lotus - Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
GMC - Generally Moribund Crap
Here is another old one

Citroen - Careful In Turns Ride Often Extremely Nauseous

indeed, citroens are pretty much road boats, completed with the full ocean undulation experience!

they are quite comfortable in rough roads tho

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#113 - 2013-09-15 04:46:45 UTC
Yea my old C3 needed a keel or smething.

The new C3 is much better and is a dream to drive on long trips.