These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

BMW drivers scientifically proven to be jerks

Author
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#61 - 2013-08-16 12:53:33 UTC
RaZZZZia wrote:

intended to write lane but meh.

youre mixing up rechtsfahrgebot with vorfahrt.

the car that is on the lane has right of way but if you can drive at your current speed on the right lane, you gotta do that.

You could be right, it's been a long time since I've driven in Germany. What I was taught was that you stick to the right unless you're overtaking, the left lanes were strictly for overtaking, that said the fahrschule I attended was primarily aimed at UK and US servicemen and their families.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#62 - 2013-08-16 13:57:18 UTC
I wish we had autobahn rules in the US Cry

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

DJ RaZZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2013-08-16 15:28:11 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
RaZZZZia wrote:

intended to write lane but meh.

youre mixing up rechtsfahrgebot with vorfahrt.

the car that is on the lane has right of way but if you can drive at your current speed on the right lane, you gotta do that.

You could be right, it's been a long time since I've driven in Germany. What I was taught was that you stick to the right unless you're overtaking, the left lanes were strictly for overtaking, that said the fahrschule I attended was primarily aimed at UK and US servicemen and their families.



yeah well that is right, however driving fast is basically a continous overtaking maneuver...



but back to topic,
dae notice that the craptacularity of driving you can expect from van drivers has a linear dependency to the number of child safety seats in the vehicle?
RaZZZZia
Bundesanstalt fuer Materialforschung und -pruefung
#64 - 2013-08-16 15:30:02 UTC
gdamn it, wrong char.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#65 - 2013-08-16 15:36:28 UTC
DJ RaZZ wrote:


but back to topic,
dae notice that the craptacularity of driving you can expect from van drivers has a linear dependency to the number of child safety seats in the vehicle?
Yep Transits, Vitos and estate car based vans are the worst for it, the guy gesturing rudely from the rear window seems to increase the available speed as well.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#66 - 2013-08-16 17:05:34 UTC
RaZZZZia wrote:
gdamn it, wrong char.

LOL, we wouldn't have noticed. They're identical twins. Smile
Graygor
1kB Realty
#67 - 2013-08-26 07:24:36 UTC
Interesting observation.

In Japan BMW drivers are often viewed as show offs and people who have a 'look at me' need due to BMWs being so expensive. Audis are the car of dentists as the boot can fit a golf bag. Porsche is a mid life crisis mobile.

So pretty much the same as the UK then.

Lexus drivers here tend to be viewed as "the boss" which being the boss makes me happy.

Hows Lexus viewed back in blighty?

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Freakdevil
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2013-08-26 11:19:17 UTC
Let me guess the researchers all drive Beige Toyota Corollas? Lol
Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#69 - 2013-08-26 12:43:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Kirjava
Graygor wrote:

Hows Lexus viewed back in blighty?

Al right, cheaper than a Jaguar or a BMW...

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Graygor
1kB Realty
#70 - 2013-08-26 12:55:33 UTC
Freakdevil wrote:
Let me guess the researchers all drive Beige Toyota Corollas? Lol


Nah this is anecdotal evidence ive gathered from interaction with the locals usually on business.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#71 - 2013-08-26 14:34:46 UTC
My next car is going to be a retired cop cruiser. With the push bar still installed on the front. Here's a 2005 one for US $5,900, but minus the push bar.

Then the next time some aggressive BMW/Benz driver does the "I'm coming out the parking lot into your lane, you have to either either hit your brakes or hit me," I won't hit the brakes. BMW/Benz light steel, plastic, and components, meet basic heavy steel. And his insurance will have to fix any damage to my push bar, because I was the driver with the right of way.
I'll do it, I swear.
Graygor
1kB Realty
#72 - 2013-08-26 15:02:47 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
My next car is going to be a retired cop cruiser. With the push bar still installed on the front. Here's a 2005 one for US $5,900, but minus the push bar.

Then the next time some aggressive BMW/Benz driver does the "I'm coming out the parking lot into your lane, you have to either either hit your brakes or hit me," I won't hit the brakes. BMW/Benz light steel, plastic, and components, meet basic heavy steel. And his insurance will have to fix any damage to my push bar, because I was the driver with the right of way.
I'll do it, I swear.


Your current Avatar and what you wrote is fing brilliant! Lol

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#73 - 2013-08-26 15:10:26 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
My next car is going to be a retired cop cruiser. With the push bar still installed on the front. Here's a 2005 one for US $5,900, but minus the push bar.

Then the next time some aggressive BMW/Benz driver does the "I'm coming out the parking lot into your lane, you have to either either hit your brakes or hit me," I won't hit the brakes. BMW/Benz light steel, plastic, and components, meet basic heavy steel. And his insurance will have to fix any damage to my push bar, because I was the driver with the right of way.
I'll do it, I swear.


It's funny that you bring that up because I just installed a 5mm steel off road bumper with winch placement. That's 5mm of love wrapped around the front of my truck.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#74 - 2013-08-26 15:17:44 UTC
Graygor wrote:


Your current Avatar and what you wrote is fing brilliant! Lol



I just laughed for 5 minutes solid Lol

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#75 - 2013-08-26 15:26:37 UTC
http://imgflip.com/i/37uqy

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#76 - 2013-08-26 16:23:45 UTC
Big smileBig smileBig smile Got that one saved. Might be needed for strategic/tactical use later.
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2013-08-26 16:43:24 UTC
if I had the money, I woud've bought a diesel XC70 AWD Sad

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#78 - 2013-08-26 17:36:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Khergit Deserters wrote:
My next car is going to be a retired cop cruiser. With the push bar still installed on the front. Here's a 2005 one for US $5,900, but minus the push bar.

Then the next time some aggressive BMW/Benz driver does the "I'm coming out the parking lot into your lane, you have to either either hit your brakes or hit me," I won't hit the brakes. BMW/Benz light steel, plastic, and components, meet basic heavy steel. And his insurance will have to fix any damage to my push bar, because I was the driver with the right of way.
I'll do it, I swear.


It's funny that you bring that up because I just installed a 5mm steel off road bumper with winch placement. That's 5mm of love wrapped around the front of my truck.

Cool Michael, you got your reinforced ram behavior modification implement.
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#79 - 2013-08-26 18:48:59 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Khergit Deserters wrote:
My next car is going to be a retired cop cruiser. With the push bar still installed on the front. Here's a 2005 one for US $5,900, but minus the push bar.

Then the next time some aggressive BMW/Benz driver does the "I'm coming out the parking lot into your lane, you have to either either hit your brakes or hit me," I won't hit the brakes. BMW/Benz light steel, plastic, and components, meet basic heavy steel. And his insurance will have to fix any damage to my push bar, because I was the driver with the right of way.
I'll do it, I swear.


It's funny that you bring that up because I just installed a 5mm steel off road bumper with winch placement. That's 5mm of love wrapped around the front of my truck.

Cool Michael, you got your reinforced ram behavior modification implement.



I thought I had uploaded some pictures but I guess I changed my mind. Was going to write a big ole post talking about how the Disco was down for most most of the summer because it had no bumper, having ripped the old one off and then finding out the new one doesn't sit right. Then discussing how I had to put up with an entire summer of beautiful 90-100 degree weather without a single cloud in sight while I drove the jeep with the top down and the doors off. Then finish with how I got tired of waiting for replacements so I just bought back the factory defect at half price and just modified the truck to fit the bumper.

Next step is either the winch itself or the rear bumper to match the front.

Funny story: I was at a autoparts shop last week because a hose broke on me. I fixed the issue and was refilling the radiator when a guy walked by giving my truck a weird look because he saw a bottle of coke sitting in the bumper. He asked what it was for and I told him for the time being it's for holding drinks, tools, and cats.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Graygor
1kB Realty
#80 - 2013-08-27 03:42:38 UTC
What was his response to that? Lol

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate