These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

BMW drivers scientifically proven to be jerks

Author
Graygor
1kB Realty
#21 - 2013-08-14 19:22:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Graygor
On a related note.

I drive a Lexus.

Dont hate me. Cry

*flees*

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

voetius
Grundrisse
#22 - 2013-08-14 19:24:32 UTC

sounds reasonable though I'd tend to be suspicious of anything that comes from the Daily Hate ... I mean Mail.
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#23 - 2013-08-14 19:43:11 UTC
voetius wrote:

sounds reasonable though I'd tend to be suspicious of anything that comes from the Daily Hate ... I mean Mail.

They had the same thing on msn yesterday.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#24 - 2013-08-14 19:49:37 UTC
voetius wrote:

So long as its got nothing to do with house prices, cancer, benefits or immigrants its not too horrible.
Graygor
1kB Realty
#25 - 2013-08-14 19:50:43 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
voetius wrote:

So long as its got nothing to do with house prices, cancer, benefits or immigrants its not too horrible.

Politics too.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Kirjava
Lothian Enterprises
#26 - 2013-08-14 19:58:48 UTC
Meh, I want a Ford Focus. Not a car guy (but then I wasn't a watch guy until recently....) so would just be looking at a cheap commuter. Friend swears by his Volkswagen Golf though.

If I had the money, I'd want a Jaguar F type or a Lamborghini Reventón for Lottery winnings Big smile

[center]Haruhiists - Overloading Out of Pod discussions since 2007. /人◕‿‿◕人\ Unban Saede![/center]

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#27 - 2013-08-14 20:48:38 UTC
Kirjava wrote:
Meh, I want a Ford Focus. Not a car guy (but then I wasn't a watch guy until recently....) so would just be looking at a cheap commuter. Friend swears by his Volkswagen Golf though.

If I had the money, I'd want a Jaguar F type or a Lamborghini Reventón for Lottery winnings Big smile

I've never been a car guy and I doubt I ever will be. It will always be SUV or pickup and they are always be all wheel drive.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#28 - 2013-08-14 20:57:50 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Kirjava wrote:

I've never been a car guy and I doubt I ever will be. It will always be SUV or pickup and they are always be all wheel drive.

I drive a new model C3 and I love it when I pass stuck/abandoned SUVs in the winter.
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#29 - 2013-08-14 21:10:37 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Kirjava wrote:

I drive a new model C3 and I love it when I pass stuck/abandoned SUVs in the winter.

Yeah yeah I hear the battle all the time.

Car Drivers: SUV drivers are silly. They think they are all that with all wheel drive but I see them in the median every where when it snows.

SUV drivers: Car drivers are silly. They claim that they can do the same thing as a SUV but every year I see them in the median when it snows.

The truth of the matter is that its the idiots who end up in the median, not a certain make or model of a vehicle.

ps. I don't pass up stuck cars in the median, I stop and pull them out. Can your car do that?

Max Godsnottlingson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2013-08-14 21:55:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Max Godsnottlingson
Max strolls out to his garage, throws open the door and wipes a mark off his pride and joy. The best damned car GM ever made. A 1975 Opel Manta B series.

If it's summy tomorrow and I can afford the gas, sorry petrol, I may take it for a run down to the shops and back. Big smile

PS I believe that in the US it was built as the Chevrolet Monza
Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#31 - 2013-08-14 22:10:05 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

Toyota's are actually damn good cars, if a little bland. Be wary of buying a VW in the US though, the quality is crap compared to the European models, IIRC the only VW model for sale in the US that is built to European standards is the older model Passat, because it was built in Germany, the rest are built in either the US or Mexico. (Has since changed, the US spec Passat is now built in the US, and is nowhere near as good as the EU model)

Ugh!

I bought a 2009 Jetta so I wish I new that before hand Ugh So far it has not caused me any trouble. I hope it stays that way. My friend bought a Golf back circa 2000 and it was not end of trouble for him until it burst into flames Ugh
jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2013-08-14 22:25:10 UTC
Kirjava wrote:

im not a car chappie ...but I do own a TAG .... but I currently cant afford to put a battery in the damn thing Ugh

sucks being me atm
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#33 - 2013-08-14 22:28:04 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

ps. I don't pass up stuck cars in the median, I stop and pull them out. Can your car do that?

Pulled a small HGV out of a goods yard before. Granted he only needed a little help to get traction on the ice but I felt like superman.

Problem is SUVs mostly are just big cars with bad 4x4 driven by people who have no idea how to drive in snow. A BMW or Porsche 4x4 are damn near useless off road and are simply school run mum cars. That's the pointless SUV we hate, not the range rovers and land rovers.
jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#34 - 2013-08-14 22:30:26 UTC
Slade Trillgon wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

Toyota's are actually damn good cars, if a little bland. Be wary of buying a VW in the US though, the quality is crap compared to the European models, IIRC the only VW model for sale in the US that is built to European standards is the older model Passat, because it was built in Germany, the rest are built in either the US or Mexico. (Has since changed, the US spec Passat is now built in the US, and is nowhere near as good as the EU model)

Ugh!

I bought a 2009 Jetta so I wish I new that before hand Ugh So far it has not caused me any trouble. I hope it stays that way. My friend bought a Golf back circa 2000 and it was not end of trouble for him until it burst into flames Ugh

hugs his polo ...its never let me down ...well apart from when one of the spark plugs decided to die ...then there was the time that both front shocks gave up the ghost due to speed humps and the rears are also "creaking a little bit" ...but other than that its been pretty ok ...oh yeah ...the battery died in april...but that prolly cos I hadn't used it in nearly 2 months
jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2013-08-14 22:31:47 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

Pulled a small HGV out of a goods yard before. Granted he only needed a little help to get traction on the ice but I felt like superman.

Problem is SUVs mostly are just big cars with bad 4x4 driven by people who have no idea how to drive in snow. A BMW or Porsche 4x4 are damn near useless off road and are simply school run mum cars. That's the pointless SUV we hate, not the range rovers and land rovers.

"range rover HINT HINT"
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#36 - 2013-08-14 22:42:17 UTC
jason hill wrote:

"range rover HINT HINT"

You can pick up an old snatch defender for a few grand if you don't mind skipping on a few luxuriesLol
Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#37 - 2013-08-14 22:44:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Micheal Dietrich
baltec1 wrote:
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

Er, my SUV is a Land Rover.....

I would also like to point out that driving a 4x4 on snow is not the issue. The driving is never the issue. It's the stopping that people don't understand. I'm just as capable driving a vehicle in 2 wheel drive as I am in 4 wheel drive. One should figure that to be true for many people considering that not every make or model SUV even has 4 wheel drive capabilities, which is something that people never take into consideration when they do the winter median boast.

So I'll say it again, it has nothing to do with the vehicle make or model, it has to do with the driver. If you want to keep making boisterous claims be my guest, but I find it all pointless and redundant.

Oh yeah, I don't pull anybody, I just sit in one spot and crank them out. Like I said, my girl is a big girl, and she's got a of of weight on her.

jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#38 - 2013-08-14 22:54:58 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
jason hill wrote:

"range rover HINT HINT"

You can pick up an old snatch defender for a few grand if you don't mind skipping on a few luxuriesLol

got no issues with owning one of these ...apart from the GOV raping my arse with the fkn cost of running one Ugh
jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#39 - 2013-08-14 22:57:51 UTC
jason hill wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
jason hill wrote:

"range rover HINT HINT"

got no issues with owning one of these ...apart from the GOV raping my arse with the fkn cost of running one Ugh

reminds me of the top gear episode where they went to army surplus to buy stuff to knock houses down ... ...then the hamster started casting his eye over the helicopters .... lol ...it was a good episode

top tip ...wanna knock house down ...buy a tank Big smile
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#40 - 2013-08-14 23:13:44 UTC
Micheal Dietrich wrote:

Oh yeah, I don't pull anybody, I just sit in one spot and crank them out. Like I said, my girl is a big girl, and she's got a of of weight on her.

See you have a proper 4x4 and use it for what its ment for.

My beef is with the big car for no reason school run mums who have no idea how big their motor is that tailgate you to the local shop where they proceed to park slightly over the line. After shopping they leave the car park making sure to use both sides of the road around every corner while making sure to never use their indicators and oh god I want to run them over in a tank.Evil