These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Odyssey 1.1 now on Singularity (new build system feedback)

First post
Author
Daenna Chrysi
Omega Foundry Unit
Southern Legion Alliance
#81 - 2013-08-14 10:05:54 UTC
Thoran Delius wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
Ichitomo Kane wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
"Data package unavailable / The server you are connecting to doesn't have a published update package"


MAC OS

Tried installing from a copied TQ file, from the fresh install, and from the Test Eve Online file. None worked, and keep getting this error. Please advise or fix. Thanks.


Yup, downloaded 7GB installer overnight, it did the launcher update and patching thing and now I'm back at the "Data package unavailable" message. I'd like to be able to test before release :)



Same here, downloaded overnight from the link in the OP and still get the "data package unavailable" message.


I have the same problem, if I launch through the terminal, I get the "Data Package Unavailable" if I launch normally it tries to connect to Tranquility.
Thoran Delius
The Night Watchmen
The Bastion
#82 - 2013-08-14 10:10:07 UTC
Thoran Delius wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
Ichitomo Kane wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
"Data package unavailable / The server you are connecting to doesn't have a published update package"


MAC OS

Tried installing from a copied TQ file, from the fresh install, and from the Test Eve Online file. None worked, and keep getting this error. Please advise or fix. Thanks.


Yup, downloaded 7GB installer overnight, it did the launcher update and patching thing and now I'm back at the "Data package unavailable" message. I'd like to be able to test before release :)



Same here, downloaded overnight from the link in the OP and still get the "data package unavailable" message.



From what I can tell, the installer installs 575219. Then when EVE launches and it checks the version number, it tries to download 584270, which would appear to be what it needs according to the latest patch build:

http://client.eveonline.com/patches/premium_patchinfoSISI_inc.txt

Balthazar Lestrane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#83 - 2013-08-14 11:15:15 UTC
Is there ever going to be a fix so we don't have to download a 7 gigabyte file to get on SiSi? My internet has data caps that I can't get around and there's only so many place nearby that have free wifi and it would take upwards of 6 or 7 hours to get the installer 'cause their speeds are pitiful. Cry
CCP Gangleri
C C P
C C P Alliance
#84 - 2013-08-14 11:24:11 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
CCP Necrogoat wrote:
Also, CCP Gangleri has just deleted the launcher payload for Mac, as it wasn't working and was the source of issues people were having with Mac when they installed via the launcher. Currently the method to use is the installer.


This answers the question I came here to ask, which was about the "Data package unavailable / The server you are connecting to doesn't have a published update package" message :)

So installer it is. Maybe I can get Singularity patched up to date before Odyssey 1.1 is release ;)

Though ... what do you mean by "installer"? The current documentation described using a copy of a pre-installed Tranquility client, or downloading a 180MB "launcher" system: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Singularity#Mac:_Sisi_Launcher_Tool

There is no indication of an "installer" for a Singularity client on that page.

Update: the installer is linked from the first post of this thread https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3479475#post3479475 and is a 7.71GB download.

Update: still getting the "Data package unavailable" message Sad


I should have clarified earlier, sorry for the inconvenience. With no payload the launcher will fail on client verification but you can bypass it by starting the client directly, here is an example Terminal command (assumes you are in the client installation directory):
./[your EVE install].app/Contents/Resources/EVE\ Online.app/Contents/MacOS/cider --cmdline=" /server:87.237.38.50"

Check out my EVE Gate broadcast log for semi-regular updates on various EVE development: https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/CCP%20Gangleri/StatusUpdates

CCP Gangleri
C C P
C C P Alliance
#85 - 2013-08-14 11:33:50 UTC
Gilbaron wrote:
a slightly different question:

i have never heard of your team before

is this a one time thing were you guys were gathered for ? or have you been working on other stuff in the background for a long time ?

do you guys have some future projects ? what have you done in the past ?


We are the build team for EVE client and server, pretty recently formed in our current incarnation but essentially the same people for a few years now (except CCP Necgrogoat who joined pretty recently). Every client and server update is assembled by systems we develop and maintain.

Check out my EVE Gate broadcast log for semi-regular updates on various EVE development: https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/CCP%20Gangleri/StatusUpdates

Thoran Delius
The Night Watchmen
The Bastion
#86 - 2013-08-14 11:56:00 UTC
CCP Gangleri wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
CCP Necrogoat wrote:
Also, CCP Gangleri has just deleted the launcher payload for Mac, as it wasn't working and was the source of issues people were having with Mac when they installed via the launcher. Currently the method to use is the installer.


This answers the question I came here to ask, which was about the "Data package unavailable / The server you are connecting to doesn't have a published update package" message :)

So installer it is. Maybe I can get Singularity patched up to date before Odyssey 1.1 is release ;)

Though ... what do you mean by "installer"? The current documentation described using a copy of a pre-installed Tranquility client, or downloading a 180MB "launcher" system: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Singularity#Mac:_Sisi_Launcher_Tool

There is no indication of an "installer" for a Singularity client on that page.

Update: the installer is linked from the first post of this thread https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3479475#post3479475 and is a 7.71GB download.

Update: still getting the "Data package unavailable" message Sad


I should have clarified earlier, sorry for the inconvenience. With no payload the launcher will fail on client verification but you can bypass it by starting the client directly, here is an example Terminal command (assumes you are in the client installation directory):
./[your EVE install].app/Contents/Resources/EVE\ Online.app/Contents/MacOS/cider --cmdline=" /server:87.237.38.50"



This does indeed work, thank you for your help :)

CCP Gangleri
C C P
C C P Alliance
#87 - 2013-08-14 15:30:26 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Gangleri
Balthazar Lestrane wrote:
Is there ever going to be a fix so we don't have to download a 7 gigabyte file to get on SiSi? My internet has data caps that I can't get around and there's only so many place nearby that have free wifi and it would take upwards of 6 or 7 hours to get the installer 'cause their speeds are pitiful. Cry


Yes, I have found what was wrong with the payload and we are working on making a new one available. If you already applied the update via the launcher you can fix your client using these steps:


  1. right click the client, show package contents
  2. browse to /Contents/Resources
  3. rename the EVE Online package here to 'bad package'
  4. show package contents on 'bad package'
  5. repeat step 1 and 2
  6. repeat step 1 and 2 (this is not a typo)
  7. open another Finder window and browse to the 'bad package' there
  8. move the EVE Online package from the first Finder window to the second one
  9. delete 'bad package'
  10. close both Finder windows
  11. open client, remember that you will need to use the Terminal to point it to Singularity

Check out my EVE Gate broadcast log for semi-regular updates on various EVE development: https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/CCP%20Gangleri/StatusUpdates

Trennor Uhlik
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#88 - 2013-08-14 17:46:34 UTC
CCP Gangleri wrote:


    ...
  1. open another Finder window and browse to the 'bad package' there
  2. move the EVE Online package from the first Finder window to the second one
  3. delete 'bad package'
  4. close both Finder windows
  5. open client, remember that you will need to use the Terminal to point it to Singularity


I'm not finding another package named "EVE Online" when I follow these steps. When I repeat steps 1 and 2, I simply see "bad package" where presumably I should see "EVE Online".
Balthazar Lestrane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#89 - 2013-08-14 18:07:54 UTC
CCP Gangleri wrote:
Balthazar Lestrane wrote:
Is there ever going to be a fix so we don't have to download a 7 gigabyte file to get on SiSi? My internet has data caps that I can't get around and there's only so many place nearby that have free wifi and it would take upwards of 6 or 7 hours to get the installer 'cause their speeds are pitiful. Cry


Yes, I have found what was wrong with the payload and we are working on making a new one available. If you already applied the update via the launcher you can fix your client using these steps:


  1. right click the client, show package contents
  2. browse to /Contents/Resources
  3. rename the EVE Online package here to 'bad package'
  4. show package contents on 'bad package'
  5. repeat step 1 and 2
  6. repeat step 1 and 2 (this is not a typo)
  7. open another Finder window and browse to the 'bad package' there
  8. move the EVE Online package from the first Finder window to the second one
  9. delete 'bad package'
  10. close both Finder windows
  11. open client, remember that you will need to use the Terminal to point it to Singularity


I assume that if we haven't applied the update we can just sit tight and wait for the new payload?
Amhra Rho
Accujac Elimination
#90 - 2013-08-15 11:00:09 UTC
Singularity launcher error - will not proceed past the following error upon attempting a login:

Quote:
Sorry, but an error occured while processing your request.

Error code: 3263CCB5-0487-4EB0-8932-9262EC5FEA3A

There's real reasons why your Eve character doesn't do /dance.

CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#91 - 2013-08-15 11:09:14 UTC
Amhra Rho wrote:
Singularity launcher error - will not proceed past the following error upon attempting a login:

Quote:
Sorry, but an error occured while processing your request.

Error code: 3263CCB5-0487-4EB0-8932-9262EC5FEA3A


Yeah, something broke - we are investigating.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Aurelius Valentius
Valentius Corporation
#92 - 2013-08-15 11:20:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Aurelius Valentius
*deleted*
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#93 - 2013-08-15 12:05:36 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Amhra Rho wrote:
Singularity launcher error - will not proceed past the following error upon attempting a login:

Quote:
Sorry, but an error occured while processing your request.

Error code: 3263CCB5-0487-4EB0-8932-9262EC5FEA3A


Yeah, something broke - we are investigating.


And fixed.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Amhra Rho
Accujac Elimination
#94 - 2013-08-15 12:08:44 UTC
Quote:
And fixed.


Confirmed, and thx.


There's real reasons why your Eve character doesn't do /dance.

Tenju Versalus
Dot.Inc
#95 - 2013-08-15 20:12:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Tenju Versalus
Ok so I figured out I have to wait till the next minor for my character to be copied over :(



I went through he steps on the wiki and all seems good except it tells me invalid login/password. When I open the Test launcher the launcher opens and in the server status shows Singularity with like 147 people on but when I try to login it fails. Any suggestions?
Hustomte
The Scope
#96 - 2013-08-15 20:14:34 UTC
Some general feedback:
Grouped weapons ammo is broken, though I noticed CCP Paradox wrote in another thread that they are aware of it and working to fix it. Missiles seemed fine, but my hybrid ammo was not happy.

Command Ships don't seem to be matching their descriptions at the moment, for example the Astarte can use multiple warfare links, but only one can be activated at a time currently?

Also reporting a bug seems difficult to find in Sisi, can "report bug" be added to the help menu to make finding it easier? I feel odd submitting a petition instead of a bug report. And I can never remember the key-combination to bring up the bug report window.

Many thanks.

...Signature...

Vamp Talvanen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#97 - 2013-08-16 09:12:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Vamp Talvanen
if you want people to test this stuff, you neeeeed to make this easier to connect to.

i am using mac client and still haven't figured it out. giving up soon.

edit: i give up
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#98 - 2013-08-16 12:30:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Mara Rinn
CCP Gangleri wrote:
I should have clarified earlier, sorry for the inconvenience. With no payload the launcher will fail on client verification but you can bypass it by starting the client directly, here is an example Terminal command (assumes you are in the client installation directory):
./[your EVE install].app/Contents/Resources/EVE\ Online.app/Contents/MacOS/cider --cmdline=" /server:87.237.38.50"



I'm obviously doing something wrong:

22:28 ~ ➤ ls /Applications/Test\ EVE\ Online.app/Contents/Resources/
Scripts applet.icns applet.rsrc description.rtfd

There is no EVE Online.app inside the Resources folder.

edit: nevermind, I was working with the wrong version again. Make sure to use the version downloaded from the "Mac installer" ink in the first post. It's a 7GB download which will result in a DMG, not a runnable application.

getting heaps of these: "err:ddraw:D3D_GL_draw glGetError returns INVALID_OPERATION for DrawPrimitive"

My Singularity client can't seem to connect to Singularity, regardless of IP address in the cmdline parameter, keeps wanting to connect to localhost

Okay, problem solved. In the command line there is a space before the /server, that's not a typo or copy/paste error:

Quote:
/Applications/[your EVE install].app/Contents/Resources/EVE\ Online.app/Contents/MacOS/cider --cmdline=" /server:87.237.38.50"


Got no sound on the intro video (the spaceships leaving earth, settling new eden, wormhole collapsing, etc). Had music before and after. Have sound in game. It looks like either the default settings or some historical settings on my computer set the "world" sound to 0.
CCP Gangleri
C C P
C C P Alliance
#99 - 2013-08-17 12:33:38 UTC
We're still working on the Mac launcher payload generation, ran into more problems than expected. Will update Singularity again as soon as possible.

Check out my EVE Gate broadcast log for semi-regular updates on various EVE development: https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/CCP%20Gangleri/StatusUpdates

Asptar Monastair
Frontier Adventurers
#100 - 2013-08-17 18:11:19 UTC
Tried:

Connect to Singularity using an existing test install.

Worked fine on Windows 8 Pro (6.2.9600) 64 bit.