These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What is wrong with wormhole space?

First post First post
Author
M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#361 - 2013-10-05 02:36:18 UTC
helana Tsero wrote:

3. Dont give WH alliances the ability to have share bookmarks beyond what is already available. One of the great things about W space is it allows small/medium corps to fully participate in all W space has to offer. Giving further advantages to the large WH alliances will only see them get larger, conquer more WH systems and then we have nullsec Evil

WH alliances that take over more than one hole will fall apart due to natural divisions within the alliance due to the fact that the two holes will rarely be connected.

As a result, an alliance will only hold one system effectively, two if they have a separate Indy wing, and alliance bookmarks will have nothing to do with it.

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Bamsey Amraa
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#362 - 2013-10-05 05:24:21 UTC
:)
Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#363 - 2013-10-07 00:10:20 UTC
IMHO, the biggest problem is that the higher class holes are super easy to isolate. If you ever get enough ships into a C5 or C6 that you outnumber the residents, you can proceed to kill all their **** and there's absolutely nothing they can do about it regardless of what connections or friends they have. If your group is dedicated enough to logon and roll their static exit every hour or two, there's no way they can ever get reinforcements into the wormhole because any route into the hole doesn't last long enough to form up on. Also, the attackers know where the current static exits to and thus can get reinforcements inside relatively easily, but the residents don't know where it exits to unless they send a scout through, at which point the attackers can just immediately roll the hole again and you're -1 defender that can never get back in.
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#364 - 2013-10-07 00:26:38 UTC
Just give all wormholes 2 statics. That should spice things up nicely.

No trolling please

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#365 - 2013-10-07 00:57:23 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:
Just give all wormholes 2 statics. That should spice things up nicely.

Bane you poor homeless boy, come join SUSU!

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#366 - 2013-10-07 05:38:47 UTC
HerrBert said I wasn't allowed. P I found myself a nice home, but the offer is greatly appreciated! o7

No trolling please

Winthorp
#367 - 2013-10-07 06:17:06 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:
HerrBert said I wasn't allowed. P I found myself a nice home, but the offer is greatly appreciated! o7

People listen to Bert? Lol
Naj Panora
The Seekers of Ore
#368 - 2013-10-09 23:03:58 UTC
I would like to see a new set of deploy-able structures.

1) Radio Beacon: this would allow the corp/alliance that deployed it to see local if they are within X au of the beacon.

2) System upgrade structure: would force anoms to spawn every 4 hours up to 4 anoms. would also increase the mini profession site spawn chance by 7%.
This would allow WH dwellers to keep busy and not have to always wait for down time.

3) WH stabilization gate: Would stabilize a WH and allow an as much mass to pass and keep it from collapsing due to time.
This would be a huge source of conflict in WH space not to mention it would allow people to utilize abandoned W-space systems till someone comes in to kick them out.
Vassal Zeren
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#369 - 2013-10-10 00:04:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Vassal Zeren
Naj Panora wrote:

1) Radio Beacon: this would allow the corp/alliance that deployed it to see local if they are within X au of the beacon.

2) System upgrade structure: would force anoms to spawn every 4 hours up to 4 anoms. would also increase the mini profession site spawn chance by 7%.
This would allow WH dwellers to keep busy and not have to always wait for down time.

3) WH stabilization gate: Would stabilize a WH and allow an as much mass to pass and keep it from collapsing due to time.
This would be a huge source of conflict in WH space not to mention it would allow people to utilize abandoned W-space systems till someone comes in to kick them out.

Get out along with the 5 year old, shot down a million times, I don't know anything about wh improvement ideas/ I want to turn whs into nullsec horse you came in on.

A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver.

Sandslinger
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#370 - 2013-10-10 00:34:32 UTC
Xequecal wrote:
IMHO, the biggest problem is that the higher class holes are super easy to isolate. If you ever get enough ships into a C5 or C6 that you outnumber the residents, you can proceed to kill all their **** and there's absolutely nothing they can do about it regardless of what connections or friends they have. If your group is dedicated enough to logon and roll their static exit every hour or two, there's no way they can ever get reinforcements into the wormhole because any route into the hole doesn't last long enough to form up on. Also, the attackers know where the current static exits to and thus can get reinforcements inside relatively easily, but the residents don't know where it exits to unless they send a scout through, at which point the attackers can just immediately roll the hole again and you're -1 defender that can never get back in.

You have no idea how wormholes invasions work. None whatsoever. Zip, Nada Squelch, Zero. But thank you for posting your opinion Cool

The higher class holes (C6/C5) are hard to impossible to isolate concerted efforts to find them will always succeed.

Chance of finding C6 is 1/100 Chance of finding C5 is 1/500. Sounds like a lot doesn't it. U can get a new chance every 1,5 to 3 minutes if your quick about it.

The lower class however are super easy to isolate.

Bronya Boga
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#371 - 2013-10-10 01:03:28 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:

well thats not true...BERT COME HERE *grabs his baseball bat*
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#372 - 2013-10-10 01:22:21 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:

damnit bert! bronya, discipline him!!

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#373 - 2013-10-10 01:39:51 UTC
Naj Panora wrote:

Where are you all tards coming from?

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Bronya Boga
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#374 - 2013-10-10 01:53:02 UTC
Kalel Nimrott wrote:
Naj Panora wrote:

Where are you all tards coming from?

carebear land or something...Ill be right back Im gonna look for my gun
Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#375 - 2013-10-10 02:44:27 UTC
Talking about anchorable structures, I would love one that would let you reffit subsystems.

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

HerrBert
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#376 - 2013-10-10 21:59:11 UTC
Bronya Boga wrote:
Bane Nucleus wrote:

well thats not true...BERT COME HERE *grabs his baseball bat*

first of ... shotgun ... sooo suck that bronya ...

2nd... DAFAQ did I say now?

Community-Challenge: Make Jack Miton sing a Duett with me. http://www.youtube.com/user/HerrBertism Jibbychiggawooooow - CSM 9 Corbexx

Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#377 - 2013-10-10 22:59:27 UTC
Sandslinger wrote:
You have no idea how wormholes invasions work. None whatsoever. Zip, Nada Squelch, Zero. But thank you for posting your opinion Cool

The higher class holes (C6/C5) are hard to impossible to isolate concerted efforts to find them will always succeed.

Chance of finding C6 is 1/100 Chance of finding C5 is 1/500. Sounds like a lot doesn't it. U can get a new chance every 1,5 to 3 minutes if your quick about it.

At even a generous estimate of five minutes per hole rolled, (you have to scan the new static down and it takes a few minutes to respawn) it takes thirty hours of nothing but hole rolling to have a 50/50 chance of connecting to any given C5.
Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#378 - 2013-10-11 03:02:40 UTC
Xequecal wrote:
Sandslinger wrote:

At even a generous estimate of five minutes per hole rolled, (you have to scan the new static down and it takes a few minutes to respawn) it takes thirty hours of nothing but hole rolling to have a 50/50 chance of connecting to any given C5.

That's assuming you have a fair chance to rolling into the desto hole. The "random" occurrences of rolling into some you've had previous dealings with especially if its recently seem to happen more than just through randomness.

Don't ban me, bro!

HerrBert
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#379 - 2013-10-11 05:25:01 UTC
1 in 500 everytime doesnt mean 50/50 after 30 HOURS...it means still 1 in 500 ... you can roll the same hole multiple times
YOUR MATH doesnt work in this realm

Community-Challenge: Make Jack Miton sing a Duett with me. http://www.youtube.com/user/HerrBertism Jibbychiggawooooow - CSM 9 Corbexx

Nero Pantera
Whale Girth
#380 - 2013-10-11 05:59:29 UTC
isnt that basic statistics....it's like a penny...no matter how many times you previously flipped heads..you still have a 1/2 chance to flip heads on the current flip