These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey 1.1] Iteration on Ore Prospecting Array sites

First post
Author
Balder Verdandi
Wormhole Sterilization Crew
#61 - 2013-08-30 13:06:14 UTC
Quote:

Exploration & Deadspace

Some Elite Frigates have been removed from Sanctums and replaced by NPC Battlecruisers to increase the isk gain and reduce the time they take to complete for battleships. For real this time.
Changes have been made to the ore composition of some Ore Prospecting Array anomalies to better balance their relative values:
- Large Asteroid Clusters: Converted both Scordite asteroids to Plagioclase (300,000 units).
- Enormous Asteroid Clusters (formerly known as Extra Large Asteroid Cluster): Converted all 12 Omber asteroids to Hedbergite (500,000 units).
- Colossal Asteroid Clusters (formerly known as Giant Asteroid Cluster): Converted all 6 Pyroxeres asteroids to Hemorphite (480,000 units).
For systems with truesec between -0.0 and -0.44:
- All ores in the Large, Enormous (formerly X-Large), and Collosal (formerly Giant) clusters will be the +5% upgraded variants.
Selecting another mini container whilst in the process of collecting one now queues it up for automatic collection. When queued up, the mini containers icon will flash.

We're short on mexallon containing ores, so we're going to make that amount even smaller now?

I'd like to know what the hell you guys at CCP are thinking because this doesn't make any sense at all!!!!

Electrified Circuits
Predator Ewoks
#62 - 2013-09-04 06:22:28 UTC
I'd like to make a polite request for more Mexallon, im sure it will happen soon anyway and also how about some random spawns of +5 and +10% in lower null sec systems.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#63 - 2013-09-05 23:19:46 UTC

WTB Ingots for single-mineral compression.
Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#64 - 2013-09-11 04:15:06 UTC
EvilweaselSA wrote:
Also just to clear up a mistake people often make trying to compress mex: all the mods you can try to use don't actually compress the mex. They just give you some free low-ends: you're not getting any more mex than you'd get jumping in raws.

People seem to be focusing on mex compression. Without claiming thats not an issue I have to point out that while not ideal it is possible to compress - at least to some extent - trit and pyerite so if there rises a large surpulus of it as a result of moving compressed mex it might be, perhaps, be possible to compress the trit and pyerite and ship them back to Jita.

Granted compression ratio is not stellar, but still beats moving raw minerals. Rift and Doom torpedoes, for example give something like 6x and 15x compression using some high ends as additionasl catalysts. Unless something has changed with them, my spreadsheet for that is many years old. For only trit and pyer one can use Scourge HAM if I remember correct but thats not too stellar compression ratio either.

Ofc as pointed out ideally you would not need to recompress stuff for dragging it back to empire.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.

Siern Scottsman
The Singularity Syndicate
#65 - 2013-10-10 05:37:38 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

WTB Ingots for single-mineral compression.

ThisTwisted
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#66 - 2013-10-23 15:03:12 UTC
commander aze wrote:
Ccp fozzie anything on making grav sites something you have to scan down? Just saying that will make null sec mining much more desirable.

Everything, everywhere, that is a randomly located and temporary in duration should need to be scanned.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Twentyone 12
Test For Echo
#67 - 2013-10-25 10:32:25 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
commander aze wrote:
Ccp fozzie anything on making grav sites something you have to scan down? Just saying that will make null sec mining much more desirable.

Everything, everywhere, that is a randomly located and temporary in duration should need to be scanned.

Everything that is randomly located and temporary in duration needs to be scaned. Some are scanned through the ship scanner and some needs special probes to be scanned down.
Lance Stratos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#68 - 2013-11-14 17:06:29 UTC
While I do miss the security of scanning the sites and am highly upset that the already vulnerable nullsec mining is now going to have nullified intercepters warping onto fleets in mere seconds after jumping, it would be nice to see some changes to the asteroid sites.

The open anomalies are large, hard to clear, and extremely susceptible to online and log-off campers. To see a larger variety of the sites and give them all lower yields would be cool.

Small sites 20-30 small rocks:
designed for 1-2 miners, about 100k-200k m3

Medium: 10-30 a few medium large rockes and the rest fairly small
designed for 2-4 miners, 200k-500k m3

large 10-20 mix of small and large rocks
4-6 miners, 500k-1m m3

XL 5-8 large rocks
6-8 miners, 1-1.5m m3

Giant 1-3 huge rocks
8+ miners, 5m+ m3

Giving a few of the smaller sites at once would be cool as well just like have multiple hubs, havens and ext.

Adding Gas and Ice into the mix would be an interesting proposition by making them an industrial upgrade where you need to scan, like pirate detection and that other upgrade i cannot think of off the top of my head.

Modifying the industrial index level calculation would also be a good change; obtaining is difficult and so is to maintain. Reducing this by about 1/3 would be more reasonable

Current to obtain/maintain
1,500,000 / 750,000
3,000,000 / 1,500,000
6,000,000 / 3,000,000
12,000,000 / 6,000,000
24,000,000 / 12,000,000

proposed
1,000,000 / 500,000
2,000,000 / 1,000,000
4,000,000 / 2,000,000
8,000,000 / 4,000,000
16,000,000 / 8,000,000