These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I've been war deced by Cannibal Kane (cease fire aggreed)

Author
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#21 - 2013-08-07 15:47:18 UTC
Paul Otichoda wrote:
Now for a week we're going to be able to do nothing.

You have been pointed out multiple times in this thread that you can do stuff that is not nothing.

If you're going to pull at your hair about how unfair it is then proceed to sit on your hands whinging, I'm pretty sure you're beyond help.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Dream Kim
Critical Horizon
#22 - 2013-08-07 15:49:00 UTC
This is why you don't join a corp that only does Industry. In EVE, they say specialize. But as far as corps go, you want to be capable of doing everything if need be.
Rykker Bow
The Scope
#23 - 2013-08-07 16:18:07 UTC
Paul Otichoda wrote:
My corp has just been War deced by Cannibal Kane

http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=757025

What the hell am I supposed to do!

This guy is a killing machine against what is mainly an industrial corp.

I am particularly interested in hearing Cannibals side of the story. Otherwise an enjoyable thread. Be a man and take your lumps mate. Maybe when you have disposable income you can hire some mercs for protection/revenge.

The Mjolnir Bloc - Lowsec PvP for the sophisticated - The Mjolnir Bloc Killboards

Paul Otichoda
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-08-07 16:19:36 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Paul Otichoda wrote:

You have been pointed out multiple times in this thread that you can do stuff that is not nothing.

If you're going to pull at your hair about how unfair it is then proceed to sit on your hands whinging, I'm pretty sure you're beyond help.

I've been in contact with him and the only way he'll withdraw the dec is for me to fight him in my battleship. The one I spend £15s on to afford via plex and can't even use in missions. I'm not going to waste that kind of money on nothing.
Ned Taggart
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-08-07 16:25:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Ned Taggart
Paul Otichoda wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Paul Otichoda wrote:

I've been in contact with him and the only way he'll withdraw the dec is for me to fight him in my battleship. The one I spend £15s on to afford via plex and can't even use in missions. I'm not going to waste that kind of money on nothing.

ouch, ok, never buy a ship you aren't willing to lose. Nothing good can come from it. Build out a ton of frigates and just throw yourselves at him. you wont win, but you might earn his respect....Maybe.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#26 - 2013-08-07 16:25:36 UTC
Paul Otichoda wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Paul Otichoda wrote:

Still leaves several other things you can do about it.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Jayor Robb
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-08-07 16:32:41 UTC
Paul Otichoda wrote:
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Paul Otichoda wrote:

Sounds like you personally are being punished.

You can either take this as a learning opportunity on metagame mechanics and have some fun with it, or complain about how unfair it is and start walking down washout lane (Starship troopers anyone?? Lol)

You've been playing EvE for 6 years and gate camping is the best idea you can come up with? XD

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2013-08-07 16:36:24 UTC
Interesting Thread...

Please continue.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Leafar Nightfall
The Pannion Domin
#29 - 2013-08-07 16:41:30 UTC
Oh god, you're bitching so much about that that I am thinking about leaving my corp, creating my own and wardec you myself

Why don't you take other peoples advice about how to avoid him instead of crying? Otherwise you might just look for another game like "Hauling Tycoon", but be sure to set it to easy mode
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#30 - 2013-08-07 16:57:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
The moral of this little story? Don't post stupid things on the forums unless you're willing to take the consequences, oh and don't buy PLEX just to get a shiny new ship that you're afraid to undock.

edit in italics**

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Paul Otichoda
Perkone
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-08-07 17:04:15 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
The moral of this little story? Don't post stupid things on the forums unless you're willing to take the consequences, oh and don't buy PLEX just to get a shiny new ship.

what else do you use it for?
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#32 - 2013-08-07 17:06:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Paul Otichoda wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
The moral of this little story? Don't post stupid things on the forums unless you're willing to take the consequences, oh and don't buy PLEX just to get a shiny new ship.

If I buy a GTC/PLEX at all it gets used for game time (doesn't happen often), I use the isk I earn through trading, mining, PvE and looting players wrecks for ships.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Ned Taggart
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-08-07 17:14:06 UTC
Paul Otichoda wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

Use it to keep yourself from having to grind ISK in an asteroid field. Personally, I wanted to PvP so I have spent it on ships and skillbooks.

What were your plans when you bought the battleship?
Paul Otichoda
Perkone
Caldari State
#34 - 2013-08-07 17:20:01 UTC
Ned Taggart wrote:
Paul Otichoda wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

Use it to keep yourself from having to grind ISK in an asteroid field. Personally, I wanted to PvP so I have spent it on ships and skillbooks.

run level 4 missions and get lots of ISK so I could do frigate pvp without wasting money.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#35 - 2013-08-07 17:26:54 UTC
Paul Otichoda wrote:
Darius Onok wrote:
Paul Otichoda wrote:
Daniel Plain wrote:
disband corp. form again with same name. profit.

is there nothing else we can do?

You can talk to Cannibal and figure out what his price is to end the wardec.

I've already tried that. He's taking it out on the corp because of what I've been saying on the forum. Is that against forum rules?

Ah... memories.... great memories....

Cannibal Kane is a great guy. I also met him in the same way you did. The man is powered by bacon. Unfortunately for you, he has a woman at home that constantly feeds him bacon.

My suggestion is to either pay his fee or inform your corp not to login for 2-3 weeks.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Ned Taggart
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-08-07 17:29:24 UTC
Paul Otichoda wrote:
Ned Taggart wrote:
Paul Otichoda wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

run level 4 missions and get lots of ISK so I could do frigate pvp without wasting money.

Fair Enough. The thing is, even though you are running PvE missions, you can lose a ship. There is a very real reason why you don't undock with a ship you do not want to lose. I personally won't fly anything that cost more than 10% of the cash I have on hand. I am only just now moving into Cruisers. Others may disagree, but that is what I go by.

If I am running missions, or mining, I want to make sure that my ship can pay for itself in 3 runs. 3 trips to an asteroid belt will pay for a venture. 3 missions ought to pay for a new dessie. I am not talking primo fits either, just enough to complete the mission.

Don't sweat being wardecced. Use it as an opportunity to learn. Learn how to function as a target.
Tobias Hareka
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2013-08-07 17:34:48 UTC
And it doesn't really matter how good he is at griefing rookies he would be quite helpless against few Griffins if you do it right.
Seraph Essael
Anomalous Existence
Spatial Instability
#38 - 2013-08-07 17:51:25 UTC
Gonna butt in here. You clearly said something that pissed him off, and now you're being butthurt about it on the forums which is only going to make matters worse for yourself.

I have spoken with Kane in game and he's actually a really nice guy. Ferocious, PvP orientated and deadly, but a reasonable guy none the less. As a noob myself, the guy actually helped me out and gave me a lot of sound advice and stuff. I hope to one day meet him on the field of battle.

Best thing you can do is to earn the guys respect. Hell, show some innitiative, take your battleship meet him on the field of battle but hire a tonne of players to fly by your side and fleet with you. When he engages, you fight with your allies. You'll probably all die a nasty death but at least you will have attempted to actually do something about it...

He has given you a way out of it... Use your head and do something about it... If you're fighting in a "fair" (lol) one on one fight, then you are doing something terribly wrong! Learn to do things that will give you the advantage...

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Tobias Hareka
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2013-08-07 17:59:34 UTC
Seraph Essael wrote:
Best thing you can do is to earn the guys respect. Hell, show some innitiative, take your battleship meet him on the field of battle but hire a tonne of players to fly by your side and fleet with you. When he engages, you fight with your allies. You'll probably all die a nasty death but at least you will have attempted to actually do something about it...

He would just use Cynabal. As we all know no amount of ships can take on Cynabal.
Seraph Essael
Anomalous Existence
Spatial Instability
#40 - 2013-08-07 18:03:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Seraph Essael
Tobias Hareka wrote:
Seraph Essael wrote:

He would just use Cynabal. As we all know no amount of ships can take on Cynabal.

Yeah and? Not being funny, but if the OP shows some innitiative and takes the guy head on and shows use of tactics and ways to gain an advantage, that would probably stand in his favour... But instead no, he just creates this post instead...

And also...to quote your other post...
Tobias Hareka wrote:
And it doesn't really matter how good he is at griefing rookies he would be quite helpless against few Griffins if you do it right.

OP has lots of options!

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."