These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Revolution (0.0 THEME FOR WINTER EXPANSION)

First post
Author
Sigras
Conglomo
#61 - 2013-08-06 19:27:09 UTC
reducing the number of moons while increasing moon output is a terrible idea; This will only lead to larger easier cartels as there are less moons you have to control.

If you want a massive income from managing money moons, you should have to manage a ton of them; In fact, id be in favor of doubling the number of moons and halving their output.

A single Dysprosium moon is worth 2.1 billion / month in pure profit if all you do is mine it and sell it to a buy order in jita; its worth even more if you react it into something and yet more if you use sell orders.

Ive managed moons and with JFs its silly easy even though it isnt particularly fun.

Secondly, your idea for cyno jammers is a bit silly . . . what prevents an alliance from making a bunch of dummy corps and getting cyno jammers in all the places instantly?

Lastly, sov should not be based on PvE, for example, NC. was deployed to fountain to assist TEST, the whole alliance basically did nothing with their space for months; should they be punished for that?

The real answer is to reduce the power projection capabilities of large alliances.
Kalanaja
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#62 - 2013-08-06 22:43:50 UTC
Helping the Bump!!!
Swiftstrike1
Swiftstrike Incorporated
#63 - 2013-08-06 23:09:03 UTC
Nullsec would be more attractive to everyone if CCP would simply fix insurance. I will happily take a fully insured T1 ship out on a roam because I know that if I die, I will get back at least half the cost of the ship and fittings in insurance money. I would never take anything bigger than a frigate that is T2, pirate or faction because I - like a large number of eve players - can't afford to just throw away isk in unbalanced fights against blobs.

One way of limiting blobs would be to change the way stargates work. Give them a capacitor. Make it so that they need cap to jump a ship, proportional to the mass of the ship jumping. Most importantly make it recharge quickly so people can't abuse it too much. This would serve to hinder the mobility of large fleets, while still allowing smaller fleets to move freely.

Casual Incursion runner & Faction Warfare grunt, ex-Wormholer, ex-Nullbear.

Phaade
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#64 - 2013-08-06 23:35:31 UTC
******* brilliant.
Linna Excel
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2013-08-07 00:02:15 UTC
How to fix null: get rid of moon mats and have moon mining give you normal minerals (trit, isogen, etc) in different values. Then every month, what each moon gives will be randomized to keep things a little chaotic.

In other words, turn moons into giant asteroids. The moon would have the advantage of mining 23/7 without players needed to afk mine and would produce enough mats to make it worth the while of people trying to fight over them.
Travasty Space
Pilots of Epic
#66 - 2013-08-07 02:48:42 UTC
Seems pretty solid, though the upgrades should be a bit more exponentiation requirements with straight growth, your Pirate hub example with my opinion of numbers:

Yours:
PIRATE HUB: (Ratting constellation)
Kill 1000/5000/10000/50000/100000 NPCs and recieve 1/3/5/10/15% extra bounty.
Run 500/1500/5000/25000/100000 sites and rats will have 1/2/3/5/8% less resist.

Mine:
PIRATE HUB: (Ratting constellation)
Kill 1000/20000/400000/2000000/10000000 NPCs and recieve 3/6/9/12/15% extra bounty.
Run 500/10000/50000/250000/1000000 sites and rats will have 2/4/6/8/10% less resist.
Agustus palpius
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2013-08-07 03:49:21 UTC
Phaade wrote:
******* brilliant.

Exactly this
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#68 - 2013-08-07 15:07:58 UTC
Damian Gene wrote:
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

Frankly, your system is missing a MAJOR component....

I'd call it a Sov Index:
If people don't use their space, they get NO RF timers.
If they utilize their space lightly, they get 1 RF timer...
If they use properly, they get 2 or 3 RF timers...

Perhaps you haven't heard, but there are things called wars, which call us away from carebearing.
We shouldn't be honorably penalized if we are off shooting peeps.
Right now, sure, because we're not ratting we drop the index, but having our timers go away is complacently full nonsense.

All major blocks in eve would hate this. N3 had some sunburn (see what I did there?) while they were away. If they did what you are talking about, no one would leave there castle, and no one would fight in eve if they had something to lose.
So no, your idea is bad.

To the OP:
I really like the OPs ideas, and I think CCP should really consider them :)

Do you actually think the entire idea is bad, or do you just see areas that need some tweaking? Let me elaborate some things:

Yes, wars call you away. So if you are off fighting a war, you think your home should be safe? Hell NO. Use your space, or have it become vulnerable. Just because you want to go partake in the new big war is no reason that your home should be secure. That being said, the I whole heartedly agree the two indexes I mentioned degrade too quickly, meaning you can lose all defenses (i.e. RF timers) too quick. They were an example, and don't work by themselves, as they need to be tempered with some additional index that degrades much slower, but likewise increases slower too. Other things could easily be implemented... Example: Add a PI index that reflects planetside activity. This is something that can be done from anywhere, and would allow you to temper the degradation of your defenses. Also, the benefits of such an index might make PI more profitable, which helps the line man.

Next flaw that needs tweaking in my suggestion: Pilots won't be ratting and mining while their systems are under siege, and so the RF indexes should get frozen as soon as the IHUB is first RF'd.

Next point: There are additional ways to utilize your space that should be encouraged beyond ratting and mining. I think most activities that involve having assets in space, and/or flying in space should be rewarded.

Leaving your home for a few weeks or a month to go partake in another activity should hurt your defenses, but not necessarily eliminate them! At the same time, if you hardly ever use a system, then you absolutely should lose all RF timers on it. The timescale and effort to secure your system is easily debatable, but the concept of use it or truly risk losing it is sound!
Phaade
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#69 - 2013-08-07 16:05:31 UTC
CCP, do this. I leave Null to go to Low to PvP, because the last several times I've roamed solo through null I've found either blobs or nothing to shoot at...like 70 jumps through null with nothing I can actually shoot.

Anomalies are terribly boring (though somewhat profitable), essentially easier lvl 4 missions because I can choose where to enter at, don't have to slowboat gate to gate, etc. Why don't 10/10's require gangs. Escalations hardly require more than 2 pilots.

Blobs are lame, no one likes to jump into the random camped / bubbled / sensor linked 30 man gang in null and lose their ship instantly. I don't mind that it happens sometimes in certain places, but it's literally what you find 80% of the time you try to pvp.

Small groups of individuals need the ability to damage large organizations, possibly pillage and plunder their systems. The OP has many suggestions to facilitate this.

Quite honestly fixing 0.0 should be the number one priority for CCP, or I'm going back to FW (where I pvp anyway).

Mike Flynn
Energy
#70 - 2013-08-07 16:10:05 UTC
+1. Might actually make me wanna go back to null.
Randy Wray
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#71 - 2013-08-07 19:39:37 UTC
I must really give you credit for being so thorough, you've literally tackled all the problems at once and provided ideas that could and should fix them. +1 I think CCP should hire you.

Solo Pvper in all areas of space including wormhole space. Check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd6M3xV43Af-3E1ds0tTyew/feed for mostly small scale pvp in lowsec/nullsec

twitch.tv/randywray

Rune Schereau
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#72 - 2013-08-07 23:54:43 UTC
+1 on everything except your ratting changes. You are suggesting a removal of all solo pve in null, except for belt ratting, which does not have good income at all. I agree that you should make more isk from doing group work, however you should still have a decent enough income from doing it alone.
Tzic
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#73 - 2013-08-08 00:38:59 UTC
Rune Schereau wrote:
+1 on everything except your ratting changes. You are suggesting a removal of all solo pve in null, except for belt ratting, which does not have good income at all. I agree that you should make more isk from doing group work, however you should still have a decent enough income from doing it alone.

There would still be exploration - data, relic, combats, plexes, that sort of thing.

Those are great for solo players.
Tujiko Noriko
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Sedition.
#74 - 2013-08-08 01:29:20 UTC
Jantunen the Infernal wrote:
ids bretty gud

i lik 2
Fel Wrath
Crossfire Incorporated
#75 - 2013-08-08 01:34:15 UTC
I can dig it
Peter Dostoevsky
Friendly Riot
Good Mental
#76 - 2013-08-08 01:35:04 UTC
If changes like this were implemented I would seriously consider sov null again.

Of course, that'd mean that .LAG would be causing yet another alliance to close doors.

I mean seriously, is it that hard for an alliance to survive us?
HazeInADaze
Safari Hunt Club
#77 - 2013-08-08 01:38:20 UTC  |  Edited by: HazeInADaze
Great ideas!

CCP think of all the revenue from players not burning out in nullsec stupidity.
KIATolon
Black Omega Security
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#78 - 2013-08-08 01:47:28 UTC
Maybe in the anoms, when you upgrade you get loyalty points (at higher values for a higher upgrade) instead of extra ISK.
Maro Hakaari
Deer Comrades
#79 - 2013-08-08 02:23:14 UTC
-and this is my favorite thread on the citadel.
Great post.
Rainbow Dash
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#80 - 2013-08-08 02:23:26 UTC
Quite good