These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Everyone in Highsec Should Be Easier to Gank

Author
Midnight DeZire
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2011-11-20 17:05:58 UTC
Thredd Necro wrote:


Maybe you haven't noticed but MOST people LIKE doing peaceful business in relative safety and their money goes into the military machine that keeps them safe and HAS AN INCENTIVE to do so---control and more money to keep the military going.

Silly to have a game with sovereign star nations that won't/can't protect their tax paying citizens...Hello, McFly...

EVE isn't a bunch of gangs and pirate camps, it's a group of sovereign star nations with regular militaries and police forces. Frankly I don't think there is ENOUGH npc military response in some places. If people don't feel safe, they will likely move themselves and their money elsewhere...less taxes=less funds for the military.



I totally agree. I'm almost exclusively peaceful in Eve.

BUT, taken in the context of the OP, you seem to be attempting to justify Botting and I think you are wrong. I doubt you are, but it's a possible interpretation.

Great that we have the options to carebear, extract tears, set up empires, peacefully manufacture, whatever. But I HATE when people are too darned lazy to actually do it themselves and instead leave a bot to make the iskies for them, in whatever sec space they do it.

So, in the context of the OP, and speaking as a carebear making his first tentative steps into losec (and indeed these forums), I would be delighted to see bots given a harder time, even if that means I am at slightly greater risk of a hisec ganking by the Goons.

A positive side effect might also be a slight reduction in the risk-differential between hisec and losec. I can see no circumstances in which OP's proposal would make hisec ganking intolerably rife, but knowing that hisec isn't quite so safe might also cause more players to pluck up the courage to take a little more risk in losec on the side. Which has to be a good thing, right?
Thredd Necro
Doomheim
#42 - 2011-11-22 01:52:17 UTC
The original post is just "We're bored in null-sec and just want it to be easier to gank carebears since they have it too easy, oh and let's use the excuse of botting to help justify it."

High-sec doesn't need to be less safe and NO player needs to be FORCED into playing a game they don't want to play. Null-sec isn't SUPPOSED to be a nice place to live and high-sec IS. Why do people keep thinking that the game will be better if we get more people into low or null-sec? Isn't it good enough now? There are thousands of active players in null-sec every day as it is!

There is SUPPOSED to be a risk/reward differential and no, greater risk does not now and never will entitle anyone to greater rewards. Besides if the rewards are guaranteed as long as one survives, as death and ship loss have no real long-term consequences, why increase them for people who choose to live in a more dangerous, less regulated, and thereby less profitable place?

Lots more people like to READ about a low or null-sec lifestyle, the scams, the battles, and the politics than actually want to LIVE it, even in a game. EVE was out about a year and a half before WOW and recently CCP was celebrating passing the 350K subscription mark. 350K? Wow, (every pun intended), let's celebrate!

I think that in the pursuit of a sandbox game and assisted by the segment of their player base that was in tune with the idea of a game where "the ways we can **** each other over are nearly limitless", CCP alienated a lot of their potential player base and walked away from millions and millions of ISK.

(Perhaps THAT is the Goons greatest "scam" evah?...Blink)

If their idea was, "Screw the carebear majority of our potential player base. Let's cater to the minority and create a game that appeals to peoples worst impulses and gives them excessive amounts of freedom to inflict themselves on unwilling victims who are looking to be endangered but not abused", TLDR version: 'Screw the money'", then I think they indeed succeeded.

EVE is a fun game. It isn't complicated, just complex. It isn't special for having a broader pvp base, just different. No one is special or elite because they are hardcore pvpers in EVE. It's just a game for entertainment. There is zero true risk or consequences of any kind in EVE. Any player can go carebear and make it all back easily. If you want to feel elite join the military and apply for special ops.

There is nothing wrong with trying to entertain the most people you can and popularize your brand as a service provider, CCP. Why not focus more on that?

Regarding botting:

Just because someone does not want it to be easier to gank players in high-sec, it does not mean they are pro-botting. You got trolled in by the red herring, "botting". I don't mine on any of my toons anyway.

That said,

Obviously the idea of a high tech society that CAN use automated mining NOT using it to increase efficiency and reduce personnel costs is silly, but a lot of folks think it is game breaking, (unlike strangers having free reign to come into your neighborhood and beat you up and steal your stuff and the worst thing that happens to them is they have to get a ride home with the stuff they stole because the police wrecked their car), but what if EVERYONE could do it?

Why NOT legalize it? Resources automagically renew anyway. It would give folks something else to build, use, shoot at, steal and salvage. Heck, piracy and scams and suicide ganking are okay, why not give botting a green light? This IS a sandbox right? People keep parroting that when it suits their needs.

POWER TO THE BOTTERS!!! DOWN WITH NULLBEARS!!!...Big smilePPirate

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Douglas Adams

Cidwm
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#43 - 2011-11-22 15:08:49 UTC
Im loving how a large majority of the positive posts are from members/friends of the goonswarm... Truly does show a swarm mentality rather than individualism. As much as i would love to see Bots completely annihilated, random suicide ganking isnt going to achieve this anyt ime soon. Though Ice prices for gallente ice are still high, I have heard reports of them using botters themselves, allowing there alliance to profit immensly since there trying to achieve a monopoly on Gallante. Unless the goons start doing soemthing other than re-inforcing there bad reputation, then i don't think ill ever been convinced that there actions actually benefit EVE in regards to players who want to join this great game and stick around a bit longer and geta bit more wise to the ways of EVE before being scammed/blown up. The only other thing i really dislike about the goons are there CSM influence.

The ONLY thing i praise the Goons for however is providing some form of entertainment and content in a player driven game.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#44 - 2011-11-22 15:24:12 UTC
Thredd Necro wrote:

POWER TO THE BOTTERS!!! DOWN WITH NULLBEARS!!!...Big smilePPirate


this pretty much sums up the highsec response

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

grazer gin
Raving Rednecks
#45 - 2011-11-23 03:23:55 UTC
GOON TEARS BEST TEARS
Thredd Necro
Doomheim
#46 - 2011-11-23 19:34:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Thredd Necro
Weaselior wrote:
Thredd Necro wrote:

POWER TO THE BOTTERS!!! DOWN WITH NULLBEARS!!!...Big smilePPirate


this pretty much sums up the highsec response


It's an excellent response to the original premise of this thread.

Nullbears want more high-sec welfare.

Go get your tree fiddy from your nullbear friends.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Douglas Adams

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#47 - 2011-11-23 19:37:56 UTC
threadd necro is merely the only honest highsec pubbie, freely admitting his desire for a safer highsec is to protect his EULA-breaking botting operation. he is not a lone villian; he is merely the lone honest one willing to openly stand behind what he does

but as an honest highsec pubbie he is an excellet test case: the standard-bearer of the 'anti-goon' highsec contingent is precisely what you'd expect and we've told everyone to expect: an unrepentant botter

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Thredd Necro
Doomheim
#48 - 2011-11-23 20:07:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Thredd Necro
Weaselior wrote:
threadd necro is merely the only honest highsec pubbie, freely admitting his desire for a safer highsec is to protect his EULA-breaking botting operation. he is not a lone villian; he is merely the lone honest one willing to openly stand behind what he does

but as an honest highsec pubbie he is an excellet test case: the standard-bearer of the 'anti-goon' highsec contingent is precisely what you'd expect and we've told everyone to expect: an unrepentant botter


1.) Your reading and comprehension skills are rather poor. I have said almost nothing about goons as a group. I never ever said make it safer, I just said don't work so hard to make it less safe in illogical and unreasonable ways. I don't mine, so I certainly don't bot, and I do understand why folks don't like bots, but as I said and you obviously didn't bother to read, aside from this silly and self-serving thread, why NOT allow botting for a time and see what it REALLY does to game balance? EVE already has a skewed economy due to all the automagically renewing resources, which of course ARE necessary to the game. EVE already has an off-balance law enforcement system in place that many nullbears, including you, are trying to take even more advantage of. There could be ore things to process, sell and shoot at and certainly many nullbears need more money for the ships they burn through like an addict does crack.

2.) Calling me a high-sec pubbie is a compliment coming from you, you silly goonparrot/goonlemming. (Gosh isn't name calling FUN?...Roll) This is a game and that's it. You are no one important because you play EVE. You are no one important because you are a nullbear. You will never be "elite" because you play EVE no matter how you play it.P

Here's a cookie and some milk for you.Big smile

Try again when you can be bothered to read and comprehend rather than vomit the same nullbear codswallop over and over.Blink

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Douglas Adams

Kiwis23
Kiwis Corp
#49 - 2011-11-23 20:07:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Kiwis23
If they would make that what you're suggesting, would still be relevant to call HI-sec a Hi-sec?
All you want, is to kill everybody, just because you can't find victims in 0.0? Go against some big alliance and you will.Ther'es no reason why high sec carebears should be your targets.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#50 - 2011-11-23 20:13:52 UTC
we are busy murdering alliances in delve while we engage in the community service of clensing highsec of botters like threadd necro and yourself

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2011-11-23 22:14:58 UTC
Kiwis23 wrote:
just because you can't find victims in 0.0?

I giggle every time some pubbie manages to type this out with a straight face.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Kiwis23
Kiwis Corp
#52 - 2011-11-23 22:32:27 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
we are busy murdering alliances in delve while we engage in the community service of clensing highsec of botters like threadd necro and yourself


I do feel insulted... Just because I live in High sec, does not mean I'm a bot.

I just enjoy some pve pew pew, and literaly hate pvp. that's why I don't want to go to low or 0.0 space. not because I'm a bot.
besides - I'm earning about 100-150m/hour with normal missions, why the hell I would risk with whatI've earned and bot?

I have been suicide'ed 6 times if I remember correctly. And I hate those guys. lost around 6bil because of them. And learned a ways to avoid them. the thing you're suggesting would make me and I'm sure hundreds of other pleayers quiting EVE.

P.S. I was mining ice long time ago... until I got suicided... twice. So i switched to missions. More fun, less risk, yet more money to loose if something goes wrong.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2011-11-23 23:13:09 UTC
You fly a 1b isk mission boat?

Well, there's your problem then.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Thredd Necro
Doomheim
#54 - 2011-11-24 01:17:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Thredd Necro
Lord Zim wrote:
Kiwis23 wrote:
just because you can't find victims in 0.0?

I giggle every time some pubbie manages to type this out with a straight face.


I giggle every time some goonparrot/goonlemming/nullbear manages to use the word "pubbie" as a pejorative.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Douglas Adams

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2011-11-24 10:17:39 UTC
Thredd Necro wrote:
Nullbears want more high-sec welfare.

I don't need it. I've just made 20b in two weeks without even undocking. Hell, I've barely even had to log in that char.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#56 - 2011-11-26 01:15:05 UTC
Thredd Necro wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
Kiwis23 wrote:
just because you can't find victims in 0.0?

I giggle every time some pubbie manages to type this out with a straight face.


I giggle every time some goonparrot/goonlemming/nullbear manages to use the word "pubbie" as a pejorative.

look it thinks its people

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#57 - 2011-11-26 01:15:36 UTC
good old Thredd Necro walking on his hind legs like a little rory calhoon

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Surge Roth
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2011-11-27 16:25:10 UTC
Terrible
Velicitia
XS Tech
#59 - 2011-11-27 19:54:27 UTC
I'm on the fence about ganking ... mostly because if I say "go for it" I am red to everyone in hisec Smile and if I say "HELL NO" I'm apparently a "botting pubbie" or whatever the goons will label me as.

Either way, hisec needs fixed. I'm not sure if making ganking "easier" all across hisec is the right way to do things (though to anyone who's mining in a hulk in the rookie systems... GTFO and leave the veld to the rookies) ... but definitely something needs to be done in 0.5 to promote people working together to defend their stuff (and consequently, to help further erode the "Great Wall of Carebear").

e.g. something to give combat-capable people a chance at helping defend a mining op ... maybe removal of CONCORD in 0.5 ... and replacing with faction navies? you'll still get shot up by the navy, but they're tankable ... so if you decide to go GCC on someone showing up in one of the new BCs, you can get a point/neut/ECM on them right away without having to make it a guarenteed trip to your local market hub for a new ship.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Killer Gandry
The Concilium Enterprises
#60 - 2011-11-28 05:53:45 UTC
Why o why are there certain people who blue a big part of EVE calling out for easier targets elsewhere?

Ah yes, because the targets there are easier.

A suggestion from Goon has merely one concept. To destroy the game for others but goons. However possible. Just dress it up nicely and make it look like it's for the greater good, I am sure more people who are wannabe goons will fall for it. But in the end only goons are served and to hell with the rest.

If goons want to PvP so badly why not fight something like the Mad Russians?

Ow wait, the Mad Russians can actually fight back and have enough ISK in the wallet to hire PL to mess along.

Can't have that can we.

Let's look for some poor slob alliance to destroy, best by use of metagaming, because heck, we are goons and no tears better than those who got backstabbed the most insidious way.

CCP created a sanbox and goons aren't the bully, they are the cunning little **** in the back manipulating the bully because most bullies are weakminded.